PDA

View Full Version : How to offset camera view

Baaz
Jan-10-2016, 22:32
Hi,

I mostly fly 109 in clod and as I don't have a track IR, I have to press a button on joystick to "lean to gunsight" but doing that means some loss of focus. I checked the controls and under the "camera controls" there is a key for "hold to offset camera" but it doesn't work.

Any body knows how it works? Or is there a work around solution?

Also I use mouse to look around.

Marco
Jan-11-2016, 17:04
Hi Baaz,

I have found with my setup that if, when using the mouse to look around (F10), holding the right mouse button and moving the mouse will 'zoom' in and out. If I hold both left and right mouse buttons I can also offset the camera.

Hope this helps and works for you.

~S~

1lokos
Jan-11-2016, 17:14
Marco tip is the way, just don't press the button/key mapped for "Reset camera" after this (Is good idea add a Alt, Ctrl to the key), or the adjust is lost.

This will work well for "full switches" MP server - without external vision.

In servers that allow external or SP with external this don't work because when hit F-1 to see the cockpit again the camera always reset.

Baaz
Jan-11-2016, 22:14
Hi Baaz,

I have found with my setup that if, when using the mouse to look around (F10), holding the right mouse button and moving the mouse will 'zoom' in and out. If I hold both left and right mouse buttons I can also offset the camera.

Hope this helps and works for you.

~S~

Thanx guys @1lokos and @Marco

Baaz
Jan-11-2016, 22:22
Marco tip is the way, just don't press the button/key mapped for "Reset camera" after this (Is good idea add a Alt, Ctrl to the key), or the adjust is lost.

This will work well for "full switches" MP server - without external vision.

In servers that allow external or SP with external this don't work because when hit F-1 to see the cockpit again the camera always reset.

It's not working...Neither can I zoom nor can I offset while using both mouse buttons in independent camera mode.

can you share your confuser.ini settings?

Erpr.Gr.210_Mölders
Jan-11-2016, 23:44
Follow these steps.

1- Open the game and then go to OPTIONS --> CONTROLS menu

2- In the " CATEGORY " box select " VIEW "

3- Scroll down the list until you find a command named " Lean to Gunsight " and set a key that you prefer on your joystick ( for example here I have Joystic+key 6 )

4- Once done click on the " Save as " button and give the file a name easy to be recognized ( example: Bf 109 Standard Settings ) then click on the " Save " button of the newly open windows

5- Once again in the in-game " OPTIONS " menu click on the " Apply " button

6- Once done the in " CATEGORY " box select " CAMERA "

7- Scroll down the list until you find a command named " Field of view + " and set as key " Mouse Middle "

8- Scroll down the list until you find a command named " Field of view - " and set as key " Mouse Left "

10- Scroll down the list until you find a command named " Toggle Independent Mode " and set a key that you prefer ( for example here I have Joystic+key 3 )
Take a note on a notepad of the key you have assigned to this command ( it will be helpful until you will be not accustomed to use it )

11- Once done click on the " Save as " button and save it ( selecting the file that you have created before ) then click on the " Save " button of the newly open windows

12- Once again in the in-game " OPTIONS " menu click on the " Apply " button

13- In the " CATEGORY " box select " PAN VIEW "

14- Scroll down the list until you find a command named " Return to Front view " and set a key that you prefer

15- Once done click on the " Save as " button and save it ( selecting the file that you have created before ) then click on the " Save " button of the newly open windows

16- Once again in the in-game " OPTIONS " menu click on the " Apply " button

17- Close the game and go to the folder named " 1C SoftClub "

18- Open it then open the folder " il-2 sturmovik cliffs of dover - MOD "

19- Open the .ini file named " confUser "

20- Add these lines ( exactly as they are below ) between the [ChatWindow] and the [HotKey builderMouseXYZ] section:

[MOD]
ExtendCloudsDistance=no
ZoomSpeed=20

Example

[HotKey builderMouseXYZ]
F4 MouseRight=Zmove
F5 MouseLeft=Amove
Mouse5=Amove
MouseRight=XYmove
MouseLeft=Len
F6 MouseLeft=Tmove
F3=SpeedFast
F2=SpeedNormal
F1=SpeedSlow
F7 MouseLeft=Kmove

[MOD]
ExtendCloudsDistance=no
ZoomSpeed=20

[ChatWindow]
0:-1=-posSize '0.818 0.725 0.172 0.177' -titleStr "Secondary Controls" -border -alpha 130 -ualpha 0 -history 10 -timeout 3
0:7=-font 0
0:4=-font 0
1:-1=-posSize '0.000 0.000 0.496 0.260' -titleStr "Finestra informazioni" -border -alpha 50 -ualpha 0 -vscroll -history 50 -timeout 10
1:2=-font 1
1:5=-font 1

And so on.....

Once done save the file and open again the game.
Note that changing the number of the string ZoomSpeed=20 you will increase\decrease the speed of the zoom out\zoom function while in game

Example

ZoomSpeed=30 ( Faster zoom speed )

ZoomSpeed=10 ( slower zoom speed )

Now...when you are in the game and spawned in your aircraft press one time the key you have assigned to " Toggle Independent Mode ".
Once done you will notice that the mouse arrow will disappear.
Now simply moving around with your mouse your view will point in that direction.
To zoom in and out use the middle wheel of the mouse and the left key of the mouse.
To center the view press the key you have assigned to the " Return to Front view " command.
To let display again the mouse arrow press one time the key you have assigned to " Toggle Independent Mode ". ( but note that until you will not press again it your view will not turn using the mouse ;) )

With these settings you will get an effect very similar to the TrackIR... ;)

I hope that this could help you!

My best regards!

Maj Robert Mölders,
Gruppenkommandant,
Stab I./JG 51

Baaz
Jan-12-2016, 04:11
Snapper edit: Great post! I've copied this post over to the Technical Section and stickied it as its own thread for easier future reference. :salute:

Follow these steps.

1- Open the game and then go to OPTIONS --> CONTROLS menu

2- In the " CATEGORY " box select " VIEW "

3- Scroll down the list until you find a command named " Lean to Gunsight " and set a key that you prefer on your joystick ( for example here I have Joystic+key 6 )

4- Once done click on the " Save as " button and give the file a name easy to be recognized ( example: Bf 109 Standard Settings ) then click on the " Save " button of the newly open windows

5- Once again in the in-game " OPTIONS " menu click on the " Apply " button

6- Once done the in " CATEGORY " box select " CAMERA "

7- Scroll down the list until you find a command named " Field of view + " and set as key " Mouse Middle "

8- Scroll down the list until you find a command named " Field of view - " and set as key " Mouse Left "

10- Scroll down the list until you find a command named " Toggle Independent Mode " and set a key that you prefer ( for example here I have Joystic+key 3 )
Take a note on a notepad of the key you have assigned to this command ( it will be helpful until you will be not accustomed to use it )

11- Once done click on the " Save as " button and save it ( selecting the file that you have created before ) then click on the " Save " button of the newly open windows

12- Once again in the in-game " OPTIONS " menu click on the " Apply " button

13- In the " CATEGORY " box select " PAN VIEW "

14- Scroll down the list until you find a command named " Return to Front view " and set a key that you prefer

15- Once done click on the " Save as " button and save it ( selecting the file that you have created before ) then click on the " Save " button of the newly open windows

16- Once again in the in-game " OPTIONS " menu click on the " Apply " button

17- Close the game and go to the folder named " 1C SoftClub "

18- Open it then open the folder " il-2 sturmovik cliffs of dover - MOD "

19- Open the .ini file named " confUser "

20- Add these lines ( exactly as they are below ) between the [ChatWindow] and the [HotKey builderMouseXYZ] section:

[MOD]
ExtendCloudsDistance=no
ZoomSpeed=20

Example

[HotKey builderMouseXYZ]
F4 MouseRight=Zmove
F5 MouseLeft=Amove
Mouse5=Amove
MouseRight=XYmove
MouseLeft=Len
F6 MouseLeft=Tmove
F3=SpeedFast
F2=SpeedNormal
F1=SpeedSlow
F7 MouseLeft=Kmove

[MOD]
ExtendCloudsDistance=no
ZoomSpeed=20

[ChatWindow]
0:-1=-posSize '0.818 0.725 0.172 0.177' -titleStr "Secondary Controls" -border -alpha 130 -ualpha 0 -history 10 -timeout 3
0:7=-font 0
0:4=-font 0
1:-1=-posSize '0.000 0.000 0.496 0.260' -titleStr "Finestra informazioni" -border -alpha 50 -ualpha 0 -vscroll -history 50 -timeout 10
1:2=-font 1
1:5=-font 1

And so on.....

Once done save the file and open again the game.
Note that changing the number of the string ZoomSpeed=20 you will increase\decrease the speed of the zoom out\zoom function while in game

Example

ZoomSpeed=30 ( Faster zoom speed )

ZoomSpeed=10 ( slower zoom speed )

Now...when you are in the game and spawned in your aircraft press one time the key you have assigned to " Toggle Independent Mode ".
Once done you will notice that the mouse arrow will disappear.
Now simply moving around with your mouse your view will point in that direction.
To zoom in and out use the middle wheel of the mouse and the left key of the mouse.
To center the view press the key you have assigned to the " Return to Front view " command.
To let display again the mouse arrow press one time the key you have assigned to " Toggle Independent Mode ". ( but note that until you will not press again it your view will not turn using the mouse ;) )

With these settings you will get an effect very similar to the TrackIR... ;)

I hope that this could help you!

My best regards!

Maj Robert Mölders,
Gruppenkommandant,
Stab I./JG 51
Thanks guys,

Finally got it working:thumbsup:

Erpr.Gr.210_Mölders
Jan-12-2016, 08:29
Excellent! ;)

1lokos
Jan-12-2016, 09:38
It's not working...Neither can I zoom nor can I offset while using both mouse buttons in independent camera mode.

can you share your confuser.ini settings?

Hit F-10 first, this turn off independent mode - mouse click on cockpit - and allow mouse easily move camera POV.
Then press and hold the button for "Hold to off-set camera"* and move mouse for left/right until the Bf 109 gunsight is centered.
Then hit F-10 again to turn on the "independent mode" or a unintentionally mouse movement ruin your adjust.

* In my game the function "Hold to off-set camera" and "Hold to zoom camera" are inverted, the button assigned for one control the other, but my installation is years old, maybe due this.
So, maybe you need test with one button or another and including pressing both buttons at same same time and move the mouse.

Baaz
Jan-12-2016, 20:19
Hit F-10 first, this turn off independent mode - mouse click on cockpit - and allow mouse easily move camera POV.
Then press and hold the button for "Hold to off-set camera"* and move mouse for left/right until the Bf 109 gunsight is centered.
Then hit F-10 again to turn on the "independent mode" or a unintentionally mouse movement ruin your adjust.

* In my game the function "Hold to off-set camera" and "Hold to zoom camera" are inverted, the button assigned for one control the other, but my installation is years old, maybe due this.
So, maybe you need test with one button or another and including pressing both buttons at same same time and move the mouse.

got it working thanx.