PDA

View Full Version : New tactic: How to avoid a strafer

ATAG_Colander
Sep-10-2012, 22:11
http://theairtacticalassaultgroup.com/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=971&d=1347329464

III./ZG76_Keller
Sep-10-2012, 23:43
Home for a "nooner"?

You should build a garage!

Doc
Sep-11-2012, 10:01
hahaqha I heard this on teamspeak. Driving though neighborhoods to avoid a spitty that's been trying to strafe you. Nice. People in them houses are wishing you'd just go away and leave them out of it.

ATAG_Colander
Sep-11-2012, 10:47
Yeah Doc, is from that sortie.

To put some context into it...
I was flying for the first day in about 2 weeks. I climbed to 5Km and found a spit in the distance over the french point.
trying to catch up, I closed my oil rad to 50% and my air rad to 25% and went full throttle.

I was on the spit's long six for a good 5 minutes trying to close the distance, all this time without being noticed.

I'm not sure if it was the sound radar, but before I could get to shooting distance, he spotted me and started to turn.
At that same moment, my engine blew up from overheating!! I wasn't paying attention to the temps as I should.

Since I was now screwed, I made a steep dive to base in an attempt to run away from him. This caused my ailerons to fall off.
The running attempt worked, or so it seemed...

Right when I'm inches from touching down, tracers start flying past me. Since I had a bad engine and no ailerons, all I could do was land.
So I did, and I started rolling left and right doing S's. The spit kept turning around for pass after pass.

After some time avoiding him on the ground, I got close to the houses at the end of the field, that's when I thought "I'll hide behind the houses!"

The trick worked, and I think the spit could not find me again :)

ATAG_Snapper
Sep-11-2012, 11:13
Ha! Nicely done, Colander! :thumbsup:

ChiefRedCloud
Sep-11-2012, 12:51
Truth be told he just stopped off at his local pub for quicker ....

Catseye
Sep-11-2012, 23:27
:salute:
Brilliant!!

Did you get a traffic ticket for no brake-lights?

Cheers