PDA

View Full Version : Be careful saving your Desastersoft bought campaign!

apoll
Jan-21-2016, 20:10
Hi. Just want to share my experience to remind others who have bought/intend to buy the excellent Desastersoft Campaigns: make sure you SAVE your downloaded product in a safe place, as you cannot re-download once you have used the download link. I lost my Galland Expert campaign bought some time ago due to computer upgrade, asked Desastersoft for another download link to download it as the one I had didn't work (already downloaded!), and got the following email reply:

"Hi!

There is no Cloud Service at Desastersoft. Losing Software is on your own risk, if you forgot to save. Sorry.

Desastersoft has changed the Owner. I have also not the data of Desastersoft old customers.

Cheers
Henrik"

The only option in light of the above reply is to rebuy. Fair or not? Anyway, highlights the question of virtual products bought by the consumer, who actually owns them, whether the consumer is buying a product or merely the right to use a product at al. Caveat emptor!

apoll

SD_MTaff
Jan-22-2016, 09:48
I'm sorry to hear that!
I would have thought that some "esprit de corps" might have prevailed in matter's like this!

I know where my custom would go if that were the case with me!

Taff

Cybermat47
Jan-23-2016, 02:41
Strange, I've had a very good experience with Desastersoft's customer support.

I bought the Wick VS Dundas expansion, but both download attempts failed. I contacted them, and they were kind enough to give me a new pair of downloads.

apoll
Jan-25-2016, 05:28
Oh yes. I'm sure they are good in supporting you in issues with a bought product. Just don't lose it! I'm not really complaining: in one sense, fair cop. If I had a disc and lost it, it would be my fault. I'll probably stump up the money again, as I want to support them doing these sorts of campaigns. Just want to alert everyone, however...be careful and don't lose the downloaded software!

t