PDA

View Full Version : AI Pilots crashing - was it me.

TerryW
Jan-25-2016, 15:08
TF Campaign. Whilst the rest of Acorn Flight were in the circuit I did a sneaky land on the grass. Well away from the runway. My wingman, who I thought was in the circuit dived straight into the ground 100 feet in front of me. Not seen this behaviour before. I normally join the circuit myself and waiting for everyone else to get called down before landing.

I am wondering whether I stimulated the crash by my actions??

T

JG27-Gaidin
Jan-25-2016, 15:42
It's a known bug with the AI aircraft. Should have a "meatball" painted on the side and called kamikaze!

Gaidin

TerryW
Jan-25-2016, 17:25
Cool. Many thanks.

TerryW
Jan-31-2016, 11:20
Anyone know how to get your AI pilots to engage? I tried the menu 5 section but I might be misinterpreting what it is saying. I guess I am looking for "engage targets" command. I am not sure what menu 5 selections really mean. Certainly, my flight doesn't engage or did I need to use menu 1 to set recipients and then select bombers, or fighters or all? Bit confused. But whats new? At rh emoment, AI pilots just follow me around and seldom engage. I feel like I am fighting WW2 on my own. When I run out of ammo I fly towards an enemy group but the AI pilots just ignore them.

JG27-Gaidin
Jan-31-2016, 13:29
Anyone know how to get your AI pilots to engage? I tried the menu 5 section but I might be misinterpreting what it is saying. I guess I am looking for "engage targets" command. I am not sure what menu 5 selections really mean. Certainly, my flight doesn't engage or did I need to use menu 1 to set recipients and then select bombers, or fighters or all? Bit confused. But whats new? At rh emoment, AI pilots just follow me around and seldom engage. I feel like I am fighting WW2 on my own. When I run out of ammo I fly towards an enemy group but the AI pilots just ignore them.

It's all part of the same bug. The AI is all F-ed up, best way to sum it up. It is on the list for TeamFusion to fix in version 5.0.

Have you tried online yet? It really is the way to learn this game. It can be frustrating but if you hang in there it can be real rewarding and fun.

Gaidin

1lokos
Jan-31-2016, 14:36
Landing should be done in squadron sequence - reversed - under tower control.

If you are the number #6 you is the first to land, await the tower call.
If you are the # 1 (leader)* is the last do land.

Landing only should be done under tower authorization - in that reverse order.

Ask authorization is fool, the answer always will be negative. No exception!

* To broken this sequence, e.g. you are leader and want land first, giving a dam for the tower, align with runway and give order to AI change for "Line astern" formation, and after for "far formation", when they maneuver landing fast, so AI don't have time to follow you and crash.

The command for AI attack target is Tab > 5 > 5 "Attack my target" that only work if AI are near you and have the same POV of the target, and have ammo, as "rookie" AI tend to waste ammo in few bursts.

"It's CLoD" way. :D

TerryW
Jan-31-2016, 17:20
and when you butt is shot to hell and your engine is about to cough . . . .

1lokos
Jan-31-2016, 18:30
Hit the silk. :D

TerryW
Feb-01-2016, 09:08
OK. The silk road will be taken.

I hope some AI and campaign improvements are on going.

I'd be happy to help by specifying changes and improvements. I'd love to be involved with the software but I am just too busy at work (specifying Vodafone's fraud solutions).

Terry

TerryW
Feb-13-2016, 12:25
Landing should be done in squadron sequence - reversed - under tower control.

If you are the number #6 you is the first to land, await the tower call.
If you are the # 1 (leader)* is the last do land.

Landing only should be done under tower authorization - in that reverse order.

Ask authorization is fool, the answer always will be negative. No exception!

* To broken this sequence, e.g. you are leader and want land first, giving a dam for the tower, align with runway and give order to AI change for "Line astern" formation, and after for "far formation", when they maneuver landing fast, so AI don't have time to follow you and crash.

The command for AI attack target is Tab > 5 > 5 "Attack my target" that only work if AI are near you and have the same POV of the target, and have ammo, as "rookie" AI tend to waste ammo in few bursts.

"It's CLoD" way. :D

Just came back from a mission. Guns empty and still in the air. Love it. Been winding around Manston for 20 minutes now at around 1500 feet and 160 Kn. I am wondering why the field isn't calling the wingmen into the circuit. It usually does? I don't want to have to stay up here all day and night? The rest of the flight has to land first else they will crash into the dirt.

Is this just another AI quirk to ignore?

Thanks in advance

Terry

1lokos
Feb-13-2016, 13:47
Landing are authorized only in home base, the one defined by mission waypoint's (the last).
If are, close the runway for tower detect your flight.

If not, and want landing there, spread the formation and landing, the the AI goes back for home base.

TerryW
Feb-13-2016, 16:22
Weirdness is occurring. I was at my home base (Manston). I circled slowly for about 20 minutes. I heard a bit of chatter from the tower but it never started the 'join the circuit' processes.

I wonder if didn't ask for 'join the circuit' because it had been attacked or thought it was still under attack. I have no idea how sophisticated the "business rules" in CLOD. The mission was what I would call a combat air patrol in the vicinity of Manston. Very close indeed. In the past, I have had trouble with these missions because the AI pilots take off and almost immediately join the circuit to land. I started to lead them off to avoid this behavior. I'll see if I can get a few more clues . . .

Mastiff
Feb-14-2016, 23:02
shouldn't this be in the ATAG CLOD thread? just saying?

TerryW
Feb-15-2016, 06:43
shouldn't this be in the ATAG CLOD thread? just saying?

Probably. I am a bit new to this so I got the wrong thread. Sorry.

ATAG_Snapper
Feb-15-2016, 09:52
Probably. I am a bit new to this so I got the wrong thread. Sorry.

Mastiff's right. No worries! :salute:

:)