PDA

View Full Version : German and British Flack Gun Stats in Game.

Wolf
Sep-18-2012, 23:46
Hi All,

Thought I would show you the Range and radius of attack for the Flack guns set in game. It will give you an idea as to why the German Flack is more accurate. Part of the success of Germans flack in games is the faster firing / reload rate. But also below is the greater radius and attack of the British guns over German. How could this make German more accurate..?

Well in game the guns focus on targets once in range. Because German range/ radius is smaller they are more likely to focus on 1 target for longer.

British guns have almost 3 times the radius / range and so will spend time focusing on multiple targets near and far so there is less concentrated firepower when more than 1 German in area.

German guns Average 3 seconds after each shoot.
British guns Average 6 seconds after each shoot.

German Guns

British Guns

Max Distance, Radius, Height

Max Distance, Radius, Height

[LeFH_18_Howitzer::Gun]

[40mm_2pdr_AT_Gun_Mk_II::Gun]

[37mm_PaK_35_36::Gun]

[Bofors::Gun1]

[20_mm_Flak_38::MGun1]

[4_cm_Flak_28::Gun1]

[Flak30::MGun1]

[Bofors_StandAlone::Gun1]

[Flak30_Shield::MGun1]

[3_7_inch_QF_Mk_I::MGun1]

[Flak37::Gun1]

[3_inch_20_CWT_QF_Mk_I::MGun1]

[Zwillingssockel36_GER1::MGun1]

[3_inch_20_CWT_QF_Mk_I_StandAlone::MGun1]

[Zwillingssockel36_GER1::MGun2]

[3_inch_20_CWT_QF_Mk_I_StandAlone1::MGun1]

[RRH_GER1::Listener1]
Radius 5000, Dist/Height 7000

[3_inch_20_CWT_QF_Mk_I_StandAlone2::MGun1]

[SoundLocator_MkIIIV_UK1::Listener1]

Radius 5000, Dist/Height 7000

ATAG_Colander
Sep-19-2012, 08:13
Great stuff Wolf!

Doc
Sep-19-2012, 08:57
Great! Thanks always wanted to know.:thumbsup:

LG1.Farber
Sep-19-2012, 10:18
Hi All,

Thought I would show you the Range and radius of attack for the Flack guns set in game. It will give you an idea as to why the German Flack is more accurate. Part of the success of Germans flack in games is the faster firing / reload rate. But also below is the greater radius and attack of the British guns over German. How could this make German more accurate..?

Well in game the guns focus on targets once in range. Because German range/ radius is smaller they are more likely to focus on 1 target for longer.

British guns have almost 3 times the radius / range and so will spend time focusing on multiple targets near and far so there is less concentrated firepower when more than 1 German in area.

German guns Average 3 seconds after each shoot.
British guns Average 6 seconds after each shoot.

You mean less likely? - as the target is more likley to go out of range?

How did you find these values? Where they in game files or did you test them? Some guns missing there, these seem more like the one cargo attachments. - Can you expand on this? Would be nice to see all the guns.

The Bofors and the 4 cm Flak 38 are the exact same gun, Sweeden sold them to Britian and Germany and many British ones were captured as the BEF evacuated France.

I used to use those tables in forums, bllody hard to input data arnt they?! So I started using google doc spreadsheets which can be inbedded in a html forum. Just a helpful hint.

Wolf
Sep-19-2012, 10:25
You mean less likely? as the target is more likley to go out of range?

How did you find these values? Where they in game files or did you test them? Some guns missing there, these seem more like the one cargo attachments. - Can you expand on this?

The Bofors and the 4 cm Flak 38 are the exact same gun, Sweeden sold them to Britian and Germany and many British ones were captured as the BEF evacuated France.

These are the settings within the game for each gun. That is all I will say. No testing needed.

There are more guns yes. But this is all the time I had to post

LG1.Farber
Sep-19-2012, 11:03
Nice, if you could dig up the rest, I'd appreciate it. :ilike:

PS something else I thought of, I wonder if the British use a salvo method from an auto loader and the Germans use single shot? So the British rate of fire might be three shots then reload?

EDIT, NM, the big guns, they all use single shot.

92 Sqn. Philstyle (QJ-P)
Sep-27-2012, 11:09
You mean less likely? - as the target is more likley to go out of range?

Good point. Any individual aircraft would be more likely to go out of range. But that's not the whole issue.

With lower range guns:
In a combat near to a gun's range, (A) it is LESS likely that any individual aircraft is going to be within range of any particular gun, given it's reduced range and In ADDITION, that individual aircraft is MORE likely to pass out of range more quickly.
HOWEVER, (B) once within range, it is more likely that that aircraft will be the only object which the guns are firing at. This is, I think, the point Wolf is making.

With respect to total rounds received by any aircraft: Once within range, provided the rate of fire is sufficiently high, that aircraft is more likely to receive similar number of rounds whilst passing through the range envelope, than another aircraft passing through a wider envelope of a slower repeating gun.

I'm going to try and run some basic stats to see what some theoretical outcomes might be...