PDA

View Full Version : Question for any -ROF- Flyer's here

MOHAWK
Sep-24-2012, 09:35
Hope I am not out of line asking these ?? here, If I am ? did not mean too. would like to know how and where to get on a English speaking multi server for -ROF- to give it a try, when I try connect from game, only servers it shows are (BE Jasta 18 ) and (UNK Syn's Den of Sin ) and they both ask for a password i do not know, So -- ?-- is , What is --- (THE ) --- Server to be on and how / where /when ?? and Yes, I did spit out a few Coins for the New floatplane , I just had to after watching the Vids some of you guys put up on one of the threads here ( I wonder if ATAG would run one some day ? ) ----thanks for any info you might have ........... also what TS to use....

ATAG_Snapper
Sep-24-2012, 09:42
Hi Mohawk,

I moved your thread to here. I think ChiefRedCloud may best answer your question about online for ROF. Dutch as flown there and found it to be excellent. I've just updated ROF on my PC and wish to purchase the float plane, especially online over at Chiefie's server.

Snapper

Dutch
Sep-24-2012, 09:54
Hiya Mohawk.

I don't use TS when flying RoF, well, not yet anyway. Something about voice comms and WW1 just doesn't sit right with me (they didn't have voice comms in reality, so...).

I usually fly on 'New Wings', but on the proper battle server. Either that or Syndicate for full real. Both have objective based scenarios and are top fun. Good bunch of blokes on New Wings particularly. Very friendly bunch. :D

MOHAWK
Sep-24-2012, 10:19
OK : Thanks Snapper and Dutch , I was originaly going to post it here (other sims ) but figured since it was way down at the bottom of Threads it might not be seen , sorry .....now waiting to hear from Chief ---- Good point on ---TS--- Dutch , will take that into account ....
-----" Oh Lord Love a Duck " Does this mean I have to learn Hand signals Now ?? .........

MOHAWK
Sep-24-2012, 11:57
Little Help needed here Dutch--Chief,==== I have found and Registered on the ( New wings ) site, have got their TS working , but cant see where to connect to any server ??? do I have to enter in their IP or somthing (in game ) or connect from site ?? is the server up 24/7 or only certian times ??

Dutch
Sep-24-2012, 12:04
Actually, I just realised that I didn't really answer your question, i.e. only two servers coming up. That's pretty weird. There's usually a list of at least 15 or so for me.

I don't know whether your location would affect this, but there should be many public servers as soon as you click multiplayer and allow the list to fill. Bit weird that.

Hah! cross post! See above! you shouldn't need to do anything other than click multiplayer, click on a server and go fly. Simple as that. As I say, weird....

MOHAWK
Sep-24-2012, 13:12
Thanks Dutch : your last post pointed me in the right direction to find my issue , --( THE Ah-HAA Moment)-- I had -MODS- selected ON, guess those 2 were the only servers allowing mods , after selecting Off , I get the full list and did see ( 3 diff new wings servers ) what is the diff between battle ground and war ground server ---on new wings ?? --Thanks for the help , I will try those out later today or evening , as of now I have some motorcycle riding to do ..... dont know what i will lose not having --Mods-- ON, I dont beleive i have any Mods installed ? Hope this does not prevent me from using the -ROF- weapons mod packs i bought ???---what say you ?---- I wanted to try out my ( WW I -- A-10 WARTHOG --IE -the DOLPHIN WITH 6 GUN MOD PACK ) and for fighters I am liking the S.E.5A, AND SOPWITH'S.....and have not had a chance to try out my newly purchased rocket pack on one of the Newports yet..................

Dutch
Sep-24-2012, 13:18
A-Haaah!! :D

No I never fly with 'mods on'. That's for community mods I presume and your awesome official weapons mods are eminently useable on all servers. :)

Not sure of the difference in the New Wings servers, but one has things like icons on (which you can switch off by pressing 'I'), the other doesn't. Something like that anyway. Just pick the one with the most players on and have some fun.

Do you fly RoF under 'Mohawk' too?

ChiefRedCloud
Sep-24-2012, 14:13
Mohawk you have to go into the game ONLINE and then select Multiplayer. Then a list of servers will show all the RoF servers. Towards the bottom you'll see three New Wings servers .... The Basic Training Server, which I recommend till you feel you up to speed, the Battlegrounds Server, Which hass most all the Training aids available for new pilots, and the Wargrounds Server which only has Your location on the map available. Each is meant to help New Pilots progress to the many Full Real Servers like Syndicate and Oceonics ..... What name are you signed into on the New Wings Server? I don't recall Mohawk but I could have missed you. Anyway, Welcome to RoF and New Wings.

http://imageshack.us/a/img521/9930/badgenw003a2small.png

NEW WING VIRTUAL FLIGHT TRAINING (http://newwingstraining.com/news.php)

MOHAWK
Sep-24-2012, 19:15
OK Then : Thanks Dutch and Chief , I registered on New Wings using Mohawk and TS using Mohawk today , will first try the training server then the server without icons (wargrounds), dont like icons. , not tonight though as my motorcycle jaunt lasted longer then expected , and have some things to attend to , prob tomorrow late afternoon or evening after my shooting time at the range, gotta get some new zero's after making some changes and such , pretty close to standard day temps and low wind tomorrow, good time to get it done , maybe see you guys there=== ( OCEONICS ) first time I heard that one , which one you guys like best ?? ====thanks for the info......and remember im --new -- to ROF , had the game about a year but only
dabbled in it , --- if Clod never came out it would have been my main flt sim --- my Grandfather fought on the ground at St Michael and Meuse Argonne , --so i did buy that map campaign and have yet to fly it ==== What a shit Head I am !!

ChiefRedCloud
Sep-26-2012, 17:37
It was good to talk with you on Team Speal Mohawk and I hope I was able to answer some of your questions ......

MOHAWK
Sep-26-2012, 18:28
Right back atcha Chief : and yes you did , I will be working on some of the key binding / views and such during this week, then try out the training server somtime next week when i have this all squared away somewhat, to make it even more complicated for my self , I went and bought some more a/c + gun packs + field mods , figured What the Hell, i would have done it sooner or later anyways ---maybe see you over No Mans Land next week === Thanks.... EDIT... almost forgot =NO (we can not )move the inflight map over to a second monitor , that would have been nice , and it seems now that Damnd Siren doesn't scream all the way up to 3000 ft ---either they fixed it or i just didn't notice ....