PDA

View Full Version : A question about nose art

teh_pwnisher
Mar-02-2016, 18:08
Hi! :D

I'm just getting stared with CLOD and I copied over the nose art from my il-2 1946 folder.

I can see it in the drop down menu, but when I select it, it doesn't show up on the spitfire.

Any idea? Thanks! Cheers!

Mysticpuma
Mar-02-2016, 19:19
Never worked since day 1.

Something on the 'to do' list for us in Team Fusion....somewhere around number 327 in the list of 1000+ :)

Leave it with us ;)

Cheers, MP

1lokos
Mar-02-2016, 20:47
Never worked since day 1.

In true work, but only for Tiger Moth and if select London Flight School squadron. A "It's CloD" mistery. :)

You can use different nose art for each side, or use only in one side.

I don't discover how set transparency in the nose art...

Wolf
Mar-03-2016, 00:53
will have a look at this tonight

Artist
Mar-03-2016, 00:57
Hi 1lokos,

In true work, but only for Tiger Moth and if select London Flight School squadron. A "It's CloD" mistery. :)
You can use different nose art for each side, or use only in one side.

I don't discover how set transparency in the nose art...
Well, well, you learn something everyday...

May I kindly ask you to create a new issue with this in the bugtracker (http://tfbt.nuvturais.de1)? And please include a link back to this thread in the description, so that people can find the discussion here.

Thank you very much,
Artist

Salmo
Mar-03-2016, 04:45
Thanks to the information from 1lokos above, TF has found the crevice the no-noseart bug was hiding in. :recon: Now we can go for the bugspray & flush the little bugger out.

https://julien.danjou.info/media/images/bugsquash.jpg

Mysticpuma
Mar-03-2016, 11:21
Looks like number 327 is on it's way to being crushed.....great info. 1okos and it has helped us track down the area where the bug was hiding :)

This is exactly why if you have found a way to get something working when 'everyone' thinks it doesn't, sharing that information helps us progress our fixes for the whole community.

Thanks for your help and advice 1okos, TF really appreciate this nugget and the community will benefit as a result of your discovery.

Cheers, MP

(Now just to figure out how to get custom skins to work in replays.......oh the pain :( )

Wolf
Mar-03-2016, 17:01
Thanks for pointing this out and bringing this clue (that it works on one plane) to our attention. The issue has gone from 327 on the list to almost no longer on the list in one night ;)

Artist
Mar-03-2016, 17:10
... and it didn't even have time to get into the bugtracker, and therefore never got the chance to become 'resolved'... Gents, I am not amused. But this being the public part of the forum, I'll not elaborate.
;-)

but am glad that we solved that one, too!

ATAG_Snapper
Mar-03-2016, 20:27

I'm just getting stared with CLOD and I copied over the nose art from my il-2 1946 folder.

I can see it in the drop down menu, but when I select it, it doesn't show up on the spitfire.

Wow, Pwnisher, heck of a first post!:thumbsup:

Welcome to the forum; hope you stop by often!

Snapper:salute:

major_setback
Mar-04-2016, 04:36

Which folder did you put the nose art in?

Mysticpuma
Mar-04-2016, 08:33
The nose art folder .....honest!

major_setback
Mar-04-2016, 14:28
The nose art folder .....honest!

mmm....I must have missed that one!

Thanks.

Cheers, Setback

BOO
May-31-2016, 07:43
Hi

So i may be being really dumb here but was this resolved to be used now (and if so how?) or is it a fix for the next patch?

Regards

BOO

Artist
May-31-2016, 09:41
Hi, Boosterdog

So i may be being really dumb here but was this resolved to be used now (and if so how?) or is it a fix for the next patch?
As Wolf wrote above: "The issue has gone from 327 on the list to almost no longer on the list in one night". Naturally all fixes will be part of the next patch.

Regards,
Artist

BOO
May-31-2016, 11:43
Hi, Boosterdog
As Wolf wrote above: "The issue has gone from 327 on the list to almost no longer on the list in one night". Naturally all fixes will be part of the next patch.

Regards,
Artist

Thank You Artist

<S!>

BOO

TWC_Para
Apr-11-2018, 17:42
I do not have a nose art folder what is the correct name for the nose art folder and what sub folders need to be created I tried to create a folder called noseart and created copied the hurricane folder from the skins folder. I place a jpeg image in the folder. However in game when I try to select nose art the only option is "none"

I am running the latest TF patch 4.53.0 is the fix mentioned above in this latest release or is it still in the pipeline

1lokos
Apr-11-2018, 17:54
AFAIK - Nose Art still non functional - except for Tiger Moth London School.

Besides this are a problem with their transparency area, seems the game are not able to handle this. Better forget this... 'feature'.

Cybermat47
Apr-11-2018, 19:25
What format and size do the noseart files have to be in order to work with the London School Tiger Moth?

1lokos
Apr-11-2018, 19:53
What format and size do the noseart files have to be in order to work with the London School Tiger Moth?

A .jpg, .bmp, .gif, .tif... appears, but the area that need by transparent is visible:

https://theairtacticalassaultgroup.com/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=21134

This nose art (256x256, 24 BPP) was done for '46. You can see the Nose Art applied in Options > Plane.

Salmo discover latter that Nose Art don't show in other planes due a entry lacking in a text file referring this.

Mysticpuma
Apr-11-2018, 22:12
Wonder if with the SC the text entry could be added?

major_setback
Apr-12-2018, 13:56
AFAIK - Nose Art still non functional - except for Tiger Moth London School.

Besides this are a problem with their transparency area, seems the game are not able to handle this. Better forget this... 'feature'.

Aren't the unit emblems working on the Ju87 and Bf110 and maybe He111? I've definitely seen in-game unit emblems working on the Stukas and Bf110s. Though maybe I'm referring to emblems whereas you mean actual individual nose-artwork. Please be specific and precise about what you are seeing and what is missing in the game, and be certain about what the problem is. We cannot correct vague reported issues.
Do you not see unit emblems on the Stukas and Bf110:s?

1lokos
Apr-12-2018, 18:35
Please be specific and precise about what you are seeing and what is missing in the game

No clue about Stuka, 110 units emblems.

When I say "Nose Art" I am referring for an image stored in the folder Paint Scheme\Nose Art, and applied in Plane options, will appear over any camouflage in the plane nose area, like we are used in il2:'46.

Example in Tiger Moth London School of Flight - only Tiger Moth of this Squadron show nose art, an as you see in the picture the transparent area of image is not hidden by game.

https://theairtacticalassaultgroup.com/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=21134

For what I remember of the matter for other planes lack the entries referent Nose Art position in a text file:

http://s17.postimg.cc/kxmctl927/Nose_Art.jpg

In ~2016 Salmo post a video about fix this file , but after the matter was not mentioned again.

Mysticpuma
Apr-12-2018, 18:40
Setback.

Launch the game.

Run and single mission.

Choose you plane.

You get to a window before you fly where you can choose your skin.

Choose any skin.

The same page has a noseart dropdown menu.

Currently nothing is in it.

You can go into the game directory and see a noseart folder.

Add noseart to it.

Go into the game and launch it.

Get back to where you were.

Click on noseart.

Launch flight.

Noseart does not work. Except on the Tiger Moth as stated previously.

Experiments were conducted to get it to work but it needed code from Colander. It wasn't important so nothing happened.

Same as default markings appearing in replays over custom skins. It wasn't important so nothing happened.

So if you want to see the problem that isn't vague.

Launch the game and try and add noseart to your aircraft from the menu screens where you choose your aircraft skin.

They don't work, never has but maybe as stated it could be simple lines of text needed to get it working in game?

Hopefully TFS will consider it interesting enough to look at?

major_setback
Apr-13-2018, 13:52
Hopefully TFS will consider it interesting enough to look at?

There are currently more important issues to be solved regarding aircraft markings for the new map etc. Obviously the priority has to be to get everything that is necessary working for TF5 before looking at lesser issues.
I'm not saying it isn't important or that it isn't worth doing, it just isn't priority work at the moment. Essential work has to come first.

Mysticpuma
Apr-13-2018, 18:28
Well its only been at-least 4-years so no rush.

carbolicus
Apr-14-2018, 12:59
[QUOTE=Mysticpuma;310770]Setback.

"Same as default markings appearing in replays over custom skins. It wasn't important so nothing happened."

Team Fusion - The 'default markings appearing in replays [tracks] over custom skins'... I guess it's not as important as some issues but it's extremely problematical for those who like to make films and screenshots as you can only see your custom skins directly in real time.

I really hope you can please fix this... It looks like a simple logic error in the code, and now you do have the source...!

I have got round this for Luftwaffe a/c by creating skins with no markings except the historical tail ones, then using this skin with markings set to 'on' - the default markings appearing over the custom 'no markings except tail' skin hence removes the problem in track replays and you get a historical tail marking as well - very convenient.

But for RAF aircraft you can't do this. I have a beautiful Battle of France Hurricane skin with red/white/blue rudder and fuselage roundels with no yellow surround, but in track replays the default marking appear on it and ruin it...!

But huge thanks anyway for the amazing improvements TF has made to this sim.

ATAG_JackMaxx
Apr-22-2018, 19:52
I hope spitties and hurries dont start using yellow nose art :goofy

ATAG_Lord Wukits
Aug-12-2018, 04:09
SO I was playing around with this when this was first pointed out, and Slamo streamed a video(or uploaded a video working on this). Where exactly was the file Noseart placed, and what exactly was it called? Transparency was an issue I had, and I would like to keep working at getting this solved.

1lokos
Aug-12-2018, 14:07
Where exactly was the file Noseart placed, and what exactly was it called? Transparency was an issue I had, and I would like to keep working at getting this solved.

Looks that Noseart is placed by coordinates in the files with extension .mrk:

http://s17.postimg.cc/kxmctl927/Nose_Art.jpg

Files seems editable with Notepad++, but you need full access for game files (SFS...) for edit this file. Keygets.dll don't extract this file.

major_setback
Aug-12-2018, 15:28
I hope spitties and hurries dont start using yellow nose art :goofy

:)

ATAG_Lord Wukits
Aug-30-2018, 22:10
Hmm.. it appears that with blitz you can no longer get the tigermoth to have nose art like it did in 4.3. A shame, wonder why it was removed.