PDA

View Full Version : Link for latest patch 29.09.2012

Wolf
Sep-28-2012, 11:07
Only one mirror so far:

INTL: http://speedy.sh/WXz6m/IL2COD-20111.rar
RU: http://speedy.sh/G3fgU/IL2COD-20111-ru.rar
(320 Mb)

Please note that this version is incompatible with previous versions when playing online.

Please download the file and extract the archives to your steam game directory, which is usually
C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\il-2 sturmovik cliffs of dover

Patch Notes:

Graphics
- Fixed the plane label bug, where the label would hide behind the clouds;
- Corrected brightness for various light sources;
- Fixed the black front line issue;
- Corrected incorrectly aligned water explosion effects;
- Various other minor fixes and improvements.

Network
- Corrected the bug when attempting to connect to a password-protected server after previously entering an incorrect password;
- Corrected the issue that sometimes disabled the country selection controls when connecting to a server;
- Corrected issues with some plane sounds online;
- Exorcised ghost planes;
- Corrected the behavior of jumping cars and some other vehicles;
- Fixed the issue where GamePlay.gpAirports() could return incorrect data.

New Features
Servers can now work with user-made map labels in their scripts.
When a user creates a new map label, server receives the following event
OnUserCreateUserLabel(GPUserLabel ul)
Or, when a label is deleted,
OnUserDeleteUserLabel(GPUserLabel ul)
GPUserLabel label type, where Point2d pos ;
Player Player ;
string Text ;
double time ;
int type;

Available Label Types :
GPUserIconType
Waypoint,
Plane,
AAGun,
Ship,
Factory,
Tank,
Car,
Label

You can also create your own label with
GamePlay.gpMakeUserLabel(p, GamePlay.gpPlayer(), actor.Name(), GamePlay.gpTimeofDay(), (int)GPUserIconType.Plane)
The server can send a label to the players with:
gpDrawUserLabel(world.GPUserLabel ul); // all players on the server
gpDrawUserLabel(int army, world.GPUserLabel ul); all players in int army
gpDrawUserLabel(Player[] to, world.GPUserLabel ul); only the players in the Player[] to list
The labels can also be deleted correspondingly:
gpDeleteUserLabel(world.GPUserLabel ul);
gpDeleteUserLabel(Player[] to, world.GPUserLabel ul);
gpDeleteUserLabel(int army, world.GPUserLabel ul);

FM
Conducted a huge amount of work correcting and improving aircraft flight models as well as most engine models. All work was based on historical flight test data or flight manuals (Sean, what would we do without you!). Unfortunately our flight model does not allow us to perfectly replicate test results at all ranges of altitude. At altitudes above 8000 m (26,000 ft) most aircraft begin to perform worse than their historical counterparts. Addressing this discrepancy requires a large additional amount of work, and will therefore be done in a future release.
Changes in this patch include:

- Various minor changes and corrections to all aircraft.

- Added Hurricane MkI and Spitfire MkI with constant-speed propellers and 100-octane fuel.

- Corrected the Merlin engine model.

- Added pitot heat controls to Spitfires.

- G.50
Fixed engine heat balance that had previously prevented listed HP from being available at all altitudes.
Added +100 boost that can only be used in emergency mode.

- BR-20
Decreased never-exceed airspeed.

- Spitfire Mk.IIa
Corrected (decreased) airspeeds at all altitudes to bring performance down to historical levels.

- Spitfire Mk.Ia
Corrected (increased) airspeeds at altitudes above 6K m.

- Hurricane Mk.Ia
Corrected (decreased) airspeeds at all altitudes alongside Spit II.

- Blenheim Mk.IV
Corrected the engine model.
Corrected altitude performance.
Decreased never-exceed airspeed.
Corrected engine modes at all altitudes (RPM, boost, fuel flow, etc).
Implemented smooth flap control.
Changed the airscrew to two-speed.
Corrected empennage values that created too much interference during take-off.
Affixed springs to bomb bay doors.

- He-111 и Ju-88
Corrected radio compass animations.

- Bf-109
Corrected cockpit animations for trimmer and flap chains.
Corrected flap model
Corrected the flap sounds
Corrected the pitot heat light.

Other flight model and engine changes.
- Corrected negative G cut-out for carburetor engines. The effect will be noticeable at around +0.1G.
- Corrected the mixture control level on Hurricanes and Spitfires. It is now push forward for Lean, pull back for Rich. With that, moving the throttle lever to idle will return the lever to Rich.
- Corrected (increased) low-altitude speeds for most Brutish fighters (Spitfire MkI with DH and Rotol aircrews, Hurricane MkI with DH and Rotol aircrews).
- Corrected Bf-109 rudder behavior.
- Corrected fuel flow calculations for most aircraft.
- Corrected (increased) radiator drag when it is opened.
- Corrected throttle control. The entire range is now useful.
- Corrected overspeed sound. It will now steadily increase in volume depending on airspeed.

- Added a Su-26 acrobatics plane.
You can toggle airshow smoke by injecting oil into the exhaust manifold. This is done with the WEP button by default. The default smoke is white. You can select other colors by selecting corresponding loadout options.

The plane also comes with four easter egg weapons that can be loaded onto the center pylon:

- Shotgun fires explosive pellets with everyone sfavorite green tracers;
- Laser fires a beam that sets an enemy plane alight. Effective distance is 700m;
- Antimatter mortar fires anti-matter spitwads;
- Railgun fires a shell that generates electromagnetic pulse that in turn destroys enemy subsystems, especially engines.

NOTE: Our artificial intelligence simply could not manage the pure awesomeness of this plane. If you try to create doom flights of railgun-armed Su-26s the AI will most likely just crash.
The Su-26 is a special type of a recon plane in the game, so other AI aircraft will mostly ignore it in missions.

ATAG_Deacon
Sep-28-2012, 11:22
Thank you Wolf!!!!

Other flight model and engine changes.
- Corrected negative G cut-out for carburetor engines. The effect will be noticeable at around +0.1G.
- Corrected the mixture control level on Hurricanes and Spitfires. It is now push forward for Lean, pull back for Rich. With that, moving the throttle lever to idle will return the lever to Rich.
- Corrected (increased) low-altitude speeds for most Brutish fighters (Spitfire MkI with DH and Rotol aircrews, Hurricane MkI with DH and Rotol aircrews).

As it should be.

&

- Spitfire Mk.IIa
Corrected (decreased) airspeeds at all altitudes to bring performance down to historical levels.

- Spitfire Mk.Ia
Corrected (increased) airspeeds at altitudes above 6K m.

- Hurricane Mk.Ia
Corrected (decreased) airspeeds at all altitudes alongside Spit II.

I have a feeling we're (Red) is getting A$$ raped again and without any lube...just how I read this.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=W-_sABor77E

God, I pray I am wrong...

ATAG_Colander
Sep-28-2012, 11:35
I think that decrease in speed is a leftover note from the previous patch.

III./ZG76_Keller
Sep-28-2012, 11:38
Has anyone got another link to the file? Seems the free downloads have been exceeded and now you have to pay.

Ohms
Sep-28-2012, 11:42
I hope your wrong as well Deacon, I will wait to hear the feedback before I download the patch. One thing for sure if it doesn't fix some issues and wrecks others I will have to chain DAWG to the post in the backyard and put his muzzel on. :recon:

Salute Ohmie

ATAG_Headshot
Sep-28-2012, 11:42
So most of the major bugs with the sim still exist... But at least we have laser gun SU-26's now! Right? Right guys...? *headdesk*

92 Sqn. Philstyle (QJ-P)
Sep-28-2012, 11:46
I have a feeling we're (Red) is getting A$$ raped again and without any lube...just how I read this.
God, I pray I am wrong...

I was horrified to read about the decreases in red-a/c speeds to.. BUT Luthier says (in a subsequent comment) that the patch notes include some hangovers from the last readme. Other on the banana forums have stated that the text in these bits seems similar (or identical) tot he text in previous release notes. SO.. I'm hopeful... that those particular notes are in error.

I'm not home for a hour or so.. so cannot check the accuracy or otherwise until then...

ATAG_Bliss
Sep-28-2012, 12:51
Is the server updated? I can't do it :(

Can't wait to hear some results! This patch was quite a surprise.

ATAG_Colander
Sep-28-2012, 12:57
I'm uploading the patch to the server from my PC as the download link is no longer working.
It will take a while though :(

ATAG_Deacon
Sep-28-2012, 13:03
I'm uploading the patch to the server from my PC as the download link is no longer working.
It will take a while though :(

You're the man! :salute:

Klaus_Kaltherzig
Sep-28-2012, 16:04
Has anyone got another link to the file? Seems the free downloads have been exceeded and now you have to pay.

http://www.djow.co.uk/il2/IL2COD_20111.rar

this one is working for me now:thumbsup: