PDA

View Full Version : Fritz Wolf has just uploaded Spitfire Mk.lla MR-Z - Tancos - Portugal - 1942!

Fritz Wolf
Mar-21-2016, 00:23
Fritz Wolf has just uploaded Spitfire Mk.lla MR-Z - Tancos - Portugal - 1942 (http://theairtacticalassaultgroup.com/forum/Downloads.php?do=download&downloadid=64)!

Portugal air force had 112 spitfires in 4 different versions.
They play the role of fighter planes until 1948.
After that date they became high performance trainers.
In Portugal the last Spitfire retire from duty in 1955.

This particular airplane, MR+Z, entered service in 1942 and served in "Base Nº3" in Tancos.
It can bee seen today in the "Força Aérea Portuguesa Museum", Alverca, Portugal.

ATAG_Lewis
Mar-21-2016, 06:33
Great work FW...~S~

Fritz Wolf
Mar-21-2016, 07:17
Thank you for the support Lewis.

DustinC86
Mar-22-2016, 21:44
Thanks! I don't have many Spitfire skins!

Fritz Wolf
Mar-23-2016, 04:54
Thanks! I don't have many Spitfire skins!

Thank you Dustin! i'm happy you liked it.

I don't make spitfire skins because i am not comfortable with RAF colors and history in general !

I made this skin because i know what i was doing. I sit inside this actual airplane, it is a relic of the Portuguese air forces and can be seen today in Alverca air force museum near Lisbon.
We also have a Hurricane there and i will paint his skin as soon as i investigate his background.

The Portuguese Spitfire pattern is the same used in British Spitfires with minor changes, the colors i believe to be also the same used by the RAF... at least they look alike.

If you have any suggestions or documentation about a specific airplane let me know. i will be happy to work on it.

FW