PDA

View Full Version : Final Push Briefing

ATAG_Kanister
Mar-23-2016, 16:13
Red Briefing

FINAL PUSH

August 18th

Gentlemen, the situation is dire.

After 2 weeks of continuous attacks, the Germans have finally destroyed several of our forward airfields. Hawkinge, Littlestone, Canterbury, Manston, Ramsgate, Biggin Hill, Rochester and Gravesend are closed for good.
Lympne is still active, but has only one serviceable runway left.
We expect the Germans to deliver the final blow soon, so that the invasion can begin.
In order to keep up something like a first line of defence, auxiliary airfields have been created at Deal, Minster, Selstead and St. Michaels.
Take care, some of the the runways of these "Airfields" are bad.
The only good news is: The Royal Navy (Home Fleet) had been able to sneak into the channel during the night and hammer the German airfields near the coast.
The Fleet is now racing north, they will be attacked soon. We have information that two bomber squadrons are being loaded with torpedoes or anti ship bombs right now.
Let the chaps of the 12 and 13 Group take care of them.
Because of the havoc the Home Fleet caused, several of our ships were forced to seek refuge at Ramsgate harbour.

Orders for 11 Group (fighter):

Protect:

Makeshift coastal batteries at St. Marys Bay (AV 22.2), Hythe (AV 22.9), Capel Le Ferne (AW 23.3), Dover (AX 23.5 and AX 23.6) and St. Magrets at Cliffe (AY 23.7)

Fuel dispersal site at Harrietsham (AT 24.7)

Fuel dispersal site at Canterbury (AW 25.4)

Fuel depot at Westham (AO 27.5)

Ships at Ramsgate harbour (AY 25.7)

Home Fleet rear guard (5 Corvettes) at (BB 25.3), headed north

Fuel truck columns near St. Michaels (AT 23.1) and Denton (AW 24.5)

Orders for Bomber Command:

Destroy:

Makeshift coastal Battery at Cape Gris Nez (AZ 20.9)

He 111 Squad loading Torpedoes at St-Omer-Clairmaris (BE 19.9)

Ju 88 Squad loading anti-ship bombs at Rely Norrent Fontes (BF 17.5)

Because of the night attack, a battery of 8.8 cm Flak guns has been hastily unloaded of a train, near Caffiers Airfield. They are not ready for action (BB 20.4)

Armoured Column (BC 19.1) at Escoeuilles

High Command Staff Column (BH 15.6)

Arras High Command Quarters (BH 14.6), on the North side of the Town. It's got 3 watchtowers aound it

There is a secret installation east of Hesdin / Marconne (BD15.3). It's located in a wood / valley.

Note: Red has to complete most of it's targets, not all.
At the Kenley airfield all British aircraft are available.
Destroying the last serviceble runway at Lympne will not close the airfield. You can still spawn in!!
New players might have trouble taking off from the auxiliary airfields.
Please leave a feedback in the forum. (ATAG Server Missions)

Blue Briefing

FINAL PUSH

August 18th

Meine Herren.

The RAF has to be destroyed now. That's an order.
We have destroyed several British forward Airfields. Hawkinge, Littlestone, Canterbury, Manston, Ramsgate, Biggin Hill, Rochester and Gravesend are closed for good.
Lympne is still active, but has only one seviceble runway left.
Last night we lost our coastal airfields due to an attack of the Royal Navy (Home Fleet). The warships are
now racing North. X. Fliegerkorps (Norway) and two of our Bomber Squadrons will take care of them. We are ordered to keep the pressure up in southern England.
A Spitfire can't be in Yorkshire and in Kent at the same time.
Due to the loss of our coastal airfields the emergency landing strip at Grand-Fort-Philippe (BD 22) has just been declared an "airfield". (Oh my god)
Because of the havoc the Home Fleet caused, British ships have been forced to seek refuge at Ramsgate Harbour.

Orders for the Fighters

Protect:

Makeshift coastal Battery at Cape Gris Nez (AZ 20.9)

He 111 Squad loading Torpedoes at St-Omer-Clairmaris (BE 19.9)

Ju 88 Squad loading anti-ship bombs at Rely Norrent Fontes (BF 17.5)

Because of the night attack a battery of 8,8 cm Flak guns has been hastily unloaded of a train, near Caffiers Airfield. Due to the loss of capable trucks we can retrieve the guns only one by one. (BB 20.4)

Armoured Column (BC 19.1) at Escoeuilles

High Command Staff Column (BH 15.6)

Arras High Command Quarters (BH 14.6), on the North side of the Town. It's got 3 watchtowers aound it

Orders for the Bombers

Destroy:

Makeshift coastal batteries at St. Marys Bay (AV 22.2), Hythe (AV 22.9), Capel Le Ferne (AW 23.3), Dover (AX 23.5 and AX 23.6) and St. Magrets at Cliffe (AY 23.7)

Fuel dispersal site at Harrietsham (AT 24.7)

Fuel dispersal site at Canterbury (AW 25.4)

Fuel depot at Westham (AO 27.5)

Ships at Ramsgate harbour (AY 25.7)

Home Fleet rear guard (5 Corvettes) at BB 25.3, headed North

Fuel truck columns near St. Michaels (AT 23.1) and Denton (AW 24.5)

Lympne Airfield (AV 23), last serviceable Runway (North to South, no victory Points!!! See description below)

There is a secret installatin east of Crowbourogh (AQ 22.3 or .5). The installation is located in a wood next to a river.

Note: Blue has to complete most of it's targets, not all.
At the Airfield of Abbeville you can get all axis Aircraft.
New players might have trouble taking off from the auxiliary airfield near Dunquerke.
Destroying the last serviceble runway at Lympne will not close the airfield. No victory points or message!!
Please leave a feedback in the forum (ATAG Server Missions).

ATAG_((dB))
Mar-26-2016, 03:29
Can we pin this please :)

ATAG_Paranoid_Glitch
Mar-28-2016, 16:59
Lovely map kannister. thank you for all your work S!

Baffin
Apr-15-2016, 09:36
Can we pin this please :)

Please add Weather: Sky condition, wind direction and wind speed to the heading of the briefing.
Yes... Please pin this in the sticky area!:photographer:

ATAG_Jeepy
Apr-16-2016, 05:06
Great map here Kanister!

-especially Your work on those "remote" airfields :dthumb:

Keep up the GOOD work Kan, and I'll take care of Your Blenni
in the meantime :D

:salute:

ATAG_Dave
Apr-16-2016, 06:48
Great map Kanister - thanks to you & I suspect Mr Pantast also in the background ;)

InvaderZim
May-16-2016, 20:36
No recon pics? :(

EG14_Marcast
May-17-2016, 20:58
A really nice map Kanister, thanks. Pics of targets would be appreciated, as they have no visible dots from altitude ( at least Harrietsham ;) )

Vadr
May-18-2016, 12:56
Great map. Lots of high-alt fights over the channel. Well done Kanister.

The AI bombers on this one are nice too. He-111s @7200 meters! :stunned:

ATAG_((dB))
May-18-2016, 13:17
Great map. Lots of high-alt fights over the channel. Well done Kanister.

The AI bombers on this one are nice too. He-111s @7200 meters! :stunned:

That's the only map without AI bomber Vadr

Vadr
May-18-2016, 13:24
That's the only map without AI bomber Vadr

You sure? I guess I've got it confused with something else then. Agent & Booty maybe?

Anyway, great map (even without the AI). :D

ATAG_Knuckles
May-18-2016, 14:08
ok so this maps a hoot really hard, which I certainly prefer

BUT !!! "There is a secret installation east of Hesdin / Marconne (BD15.3). It's located in a wood / valley."

any one ever find this, I have looked several times, yesterday about 40 minutes up and down that area, even trying to attract fire (only got a few flack puffs, not enough to even spot the guns) a wood / valley ????????so does this really exist, or created to confuse the poor crippled Blenheim pilot :-)

ATAG_Deacon
May-18-2016, 17:11
ok so this maps a hoot really hard, which I certainly prefer

BUT !!! "There is a secret installation east of Hesdin / Marconne (BD15.3). It's located in a wood / valley."

any one ever find this, I have looked several times, yesterday about 40 minutes up and down that area, even trying to attract fire (only got a few flack puffs, not enough to even spot the guns) a wood / valley ????????so does this really exist, or created to confuse the poor crippled Blenheim pilot :-)

~S~ Knuckles,

Did a recon flight in a Spit last night and was able to guide Sawham to the 'secret instalation'. Maybe Sawham would be kind enough to post the screen shots he made in this thread. I literally flew 90 degrees from Hasdin and found the target right where the briefing said it would be. It looks likel a hunting lodge with castle turrets set just on the South East side within a small wooded area.

Good luck mate,

Deacon

ATAG_Knuckles
May-18-2016, 17:43
Deacon your a whiz thats probably all the instruction I need, at this point I know every inch of the area, just needed a finger pointed, now i dont have to fly up and down a grid:salute:

ATAG_Deacon
May-18-2016, 19:58
Deacon your a whiz thats probably all the instruction I need, at this point I know every inch of the area, just needed a finger pointed, now i dont have to fly up and down a grid:salute:

Let me know how you make out...I will be away for a few days but next time we're on the map together I will be happy to lead ya' in...one bomb did the trick too :thumbsup:

By memory but I think I'm right...

ATAG_Knuckles
Jul-05-2016, 10:56
Absolutely love this map (I think) very target rich for British bombers, however could really use some recon photos, cripes I bet I spent at least 3 hours over many days trying to find that "secret installation near hesdin" now yestery I went through 40% fuel in a Blenheim attemptin to find the

"north side of town " is pretty general . Flew a grid pattern for where I best conceive 14.6 to be (far right side , middle) never observed anything resembling 3 watchtowers, lotta houses windmils ect. eventuall ran out of fuel and plopped down at Arras

any help on this one is appreciated

BOO
Aug-28-2016, 15:34
Hi

Recon would really really help a lot of people enjoy this great map.

Cheers

BOO

tgif
Sep-23-2016, 22:02
QUOTE=ATAG_InvaderZim;229814]No recon pics? :([/QUOTE]
its not much just a couple . Here is Harrietsham the little house and 4 tanks

24768 . Someone showed me the denton fuel column 24794[ .12 trucks at the intersection of Lydden andDenton Road . some flack ,hard to see them
1 88 load can do it 16 at a time

Looking for Arras target seems invisible to me and the other fuel column near Teledyne add it if you see it St Michelles ??

sw1ive
Nov-12-2016, 15:03
where can I find, pictures of targets, for this map ?

ATAG_Knuckles
Nov-12-2016, 16:17
they dont exist: the one map where you have to do your own recon: I have found all the targets for the red side, it certainly wasn't easy. I can help but if i am correct your fly mostly Blue right

Knucks

sw1ive
Nov-13-2016, 10:50
they dont exist: the one map where you have to do your own recon: I have found all the targets for the red side, it certainly wasn't easy. I can help but if i am correct your fly mostly Blue right

Knucks

sure !!! I flight in blue team, but I am looking for red and blue targets...

please check at this my link... (check no3 post with pictures)

Link 1
http://theairtacticalassaultgroup.com/forum/showthread.php?t=23679

I would like, make this for all ATAG maps

HenryLuebberstedt
Nov-14-2016, 07:32
Dear blue bomber pilots,

to circle above a grid under fire looking for "the right" building, ship or fuel dump has always driven me crazy (hm, is that grammar correct?). So I set up a new page on my CloD Tool & Maps" Homepage: ATAG Missions (http://eaotro.xara.hosting/cliffs-of-dover-index-missions.htm). You will find there my mission planing tool at the very top of the page and very detailed reconnaissance pictures of following ATAG Missions:

London ruft - with valid grids!
New Dawn Fades
Sealion
Hellfire
Joy Division
Kanalkampf
Relinquish
Raiders
Dynamo
Steamworks Blue
Fall Rot
Final Push

At the moment I'm working on Mae West.

Horido! and Auf bald!
Henry

sw1ive
Nov-14-2016, 10:54
Thanks Henry...

a lot of work, you are building at this site
Link
http://eaotro.xara.hosting/cliffs-of-dover-atag-mission-steamworks.htm

more of pictures, more of text, you study all of ATAG maps, long of time

Again thanks for this link

Blue team pilots (fighters and bombers) study this link...

InvaderZim
Nov-15-2016, 23:52
Henry, that bit of work is TOTALLY AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! BOOKMARKED!!!! :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup: :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup: :salute:

Dear blue bomber pilots,

to circle above a grid under fire looking for "the right" building, ship or fuel dump has always driven me crazy (hm, is that grammar correct?). So I set up a new page on my CloD Tool & Maps" Homepage: ATAG Missions (http://eaotro.xara.hosting/cliffs-of-dover-index-missions.htm). You will find there my mission planing tool at the very top of the page and very detailed reconnaissance pictures of following ATAG Missions:

London ruft - with valid grids!
New Dawn Fades
Sealion
Hellfire
Joy Division
Kanalkampf
Relinquish
Raiders
Dynamo
Steamworks Blue
Fall Rot

At the moment I'm working on Final Push and Mae West.

Horido! and Auf bald!
Henry

InvaderZim
Nov-15-2016, 23:57
Thanks TGIF, that's a start. :thumbsup::thumbsup:

QUOTE=ATAG_InvaderZim;229814]No recon pics? :(
its not much just a couple . Here is Harrietsham the little house and 4 tanks

24768 . Someone showed me the denton fuel column 24794[ .12 trucks at the intersection of Lydden andDenton Road . some flack ,hard to see them
1 88 load can do it 16 at a time

Looking for Arras target seems invisible to me and the other fuel column near Teledyne add it if you see it St Michelles ??[/QUOTE]

HenryLuebberstedt
Nov-16-2016, 08:56
InvaderZim, thank you so much for your nice words (and so many exclamation marks:)! I've been in contact with tgif already. His recon pics are very helpful! Final Push is a though one for sure. It took me three sorties to Westham to figure out what fuel tanks have to be destroyed to knock out Westham. (Flak is very intense over there, so low level attacks are very, very dangerous. It is not possible to get all fuel depots in one pass, you have to turn for a second run - an then the Flak gets you.... )

InvaderZim
Nov-17-2016, 15:29
Admins, We should give Henry's web link lt's own sticky in this section. That site is a huge help for bomber types trying to find targets. Finding the target is crucial to enjoying the game for a bomber pilot (For me anyway). The recon photos he and his contributors are providing is invaluable. His own thread would also allow guys like me, TGIF and anybody that wants to offer recon photos to Henry, the chance to do so. Efforts like this should be recognized be they RED or BLUE.

Wadda Ya Think?

tgif
Nov-20-2016, 15:51
Admins, We should give Henry's web link lt's own sticky in this section. That site is a huge help for bomber types trying to find targets. Finding the target is crucial to enjoying the game for a bomber pilot (For me anyway). The recon photos he and his contributors are providing is invaluable. His own thread would also allow guys like me, TGIF and anybody that wants to offer recon photos to Henry, the chance to do so. Efforts like this should be recognized be they RED or BLUE.

Wadda Ya Think?

If anyone has a target he cant find maybe we post it here and then others might locate it and take a quick picture so we could find it . I know I cant find the st michels fuel truck columns and I have looked and looked another one would be the fortress or walled place at Arras it might even be a RAF target.

invader Zim you are correct Henry's site is very nicely laid out with lots of information even for a non German speaker like me . It takes a long time to learn all your targets . I am happy to say I have now master tank parks but one bomber is not enough . The 69th boys are really good at their targeting and do a great job in getting 3 or 5 bombers on at time . Thanks to Beedo and Henry for helping me out

TGIF

Erpr.Gr.210_Mölders
Jan-22-2017, 11:59
This map is very fun to be played!!!

Just a small request...should it be possible to lower a bit the number of smoking columns because when there are also a lot of smokes around due to the aircraft shoot down it starts to become a little bit too much stressful for some pc....danke! ;)

ATAG_Kanister
Jan-28-2017, 01:50
Hi Mölders,

can you tell me which airfield causes you trouble?

Kanister

Erpr.Gr.210_Mölders
Jan-28-2017, 02:25
Hi Mölders,

can you tell me which airfield causes you trouble?

Kanister

Mainly the area around Calais\Tripod... the smoke columns said in general...when there are also lots of fires burning due to aircraft shoot down in a small area seems to impact a lot the frame rate ( be clear my computer is certainly crap but until the third quarter of the year I can not change it ) so I would like to be able at least to play...otherwise I have to fire at postcards :)
Most of the maps have a lot of smoke columns that renders useless my attempts to lower at the maximum the video settings to improve the situation....if I disable the game shadows but on the other side there are lots of smoke columns the final effect it's pretty much the same ( hard stutters and slowdowns ).
Said in general if the number of smoke columns can be reduced on most of the maps that they have them it should be very great!

Thanks in advance for your efforts! :salute:

Erpr.Gr.210_Mölders
Jun-26-2017, 18:30
At the Airfield of Abbeville you can get all axis Aircraft.

This is the only airfield where the Bf 110 C-4/N is available.
I do not use the other Bf 110 variants available because I consider the Bf 110 C-4/N the only variant that seems a little bit ( but very little ) a real Bf 110 ( all the other variants are pretty much nothing more than flying un-powered tractors actually, unfortunately ) so getting to the front line requires every time about 20 minutes and this is unfortunately pretty boring at the end....could be set an airfield where the Bf 110 C-4/N is available more close to the front? ( so to avoid to be forced to fly for ages every time )

Thanks in advance! :salute:

ATAG_Ezzie
Jun-27-2017, 03:55
This is the only airfield where the Bf 110 C-4/N is available.
I do not use the other Bf 110 variants available because I consider the Bf 110 C-4/N the only variant that seems a little bit ( but very little ) a real Bf 110 ( all the other variants are pretty much nothing more than flying un-powered tractors actually, unfortunately ) so getting to the front line requires every time about 20 minutes and this is unfortunately pretty boring at the end....could be set an airfield where the Bf 110 C-4/N is available more close to the front? ( so to avoid to be forced to fly for ages every time )

Thanks in advance! :salute:

You can also get the C-4/N from Le Havre Molders but im guessing this isnt what you are looking for re close to front line.

I take off from here and by the time i get to their 'secret' base west of Lyme i'm at 6k looking for 'trade'.

Ezzie

Erpr.Gr.210_Mölders
Jun-30-2017, 07:16
You can also get the C-4/N from Le Havre Molders but im guessing this isnt what you are looking for re close to front line.

I take off from here and by the time i get to their 'secret' base west of Lyme i'm at 6k looking for 'trade'.

Ezzie

A bit far away Le Havre too...fortunately we do not have Madrid on the map otherwise... :):):)