PDA

View Full Version : Ping i get from ATAG

Tvrdi
Sep-30-2012, 17:38
I see pretty high ping next to ATAG name on server list (when I get list of the servers)..its usually 130-160....on repka or on one german server i get 40-50....i noticed that its much smoother for me there 8due to lower ping?)....that is when 25 ppl i s on repka..i know your server is pretty fast but high ping is surprising nm the distance...Can we do something?

Wolf
Sep-30-2012, 18:45
I see pretty high ping next to ATAG name on server list (when I get list of the servers)..its usually 130-160....on repka or on one german server i get 40-50....i noticed that its much smoother for me there 8due to lower ping?)....that is when 25 ppl i s on repka..i know your server is pretty fast but high ping is surprising nm the distance...Can we do something?

Location Location Location! Repka server is in Europe, You are in Europe, ATAG Server is in America.

I am in Australia and I have ping of 240 always but never slows my machine. I still get 80+ FPS with 25 people. Only time it slows is with 50 people.

We don't live in a perfect world.

ATAG_Snapper
Sep-30-2012, 19:00
Yeah, I live a day's drive away from Chicago (server location) and my ping is usually 38 - 40. One exception: Friday night when beta 1.09 was released with about 80 players online my ping was IIRC ~150, with warping and lagging galore. Yesterday and today with about 50 players it was back to a more-normal 44.

Tvrdi, come move in to our guest bedroom and bring your PC! (I just KNOW my wife would be OK with this, no need to ask. :devilish:)

:)