PDA

View Full Version : How to find ennemies?

Azdack
Mar-25-2016, 10:19
Hello, back on Cliffs of Dover after a few months, thanks to Team fusion for the great job. Much fun to fly in the sky of Battle of England.
I like to fly in realistic mod without icons on map as well as on planes in the game when flying but it doesn’t help to find ennemies in the hudge sky. COD offers the opportunity to set compas and giro to have the position of player’s plane relative to the North.
Once in flight in campaign’s mod as well as online’s mod the server tells the player from time to time the positions of enemies groups flying for example : enemy group in AW 25 heading 120. Well regarding outside the cockpit and glancing to the map it’s not so difficult to reach AW25 but once on the sector the player remembered that the server said that the bandits were flying : heading 120. From which point? Does it mean that once on AW 25 (example) I have to set my compas and giro and then to fly 120 to have a chance to meet bandits?
Of course it’s easier when flack bullets are bursting in the sky. In that case one knows that bandits are around in the bursts or when server says : Rochester under attack but does anyone explain me the right way to navigate to find bandits?
Thanks in advance for answers.

Brennus54
Mar-25-2016, 11:56
Hey,
Several solutions:
-Eyes direct contact by patroling near attack objectives or defend objectives
-Contact the radar by radio if this is possible in the current mission
-Contact the ground control by radio(TAB/7/1 if i'm correct)
-Fly with other guys on teamspeak, so you can exchange informations.
-Look at flak cloud
-Smell the ennemy, the G.50 is very good at that because he have a very...very big nose... :-P

I'm almost sure there is no other way... but who knows ?

ATAG_Colander
Mar-25-2016, 12:13
Hi Azdack,

If the bandits where flying 120 that means that by the time you get to where they where, they will have moved in the 120 direction.

If I'm not mistaken, directions are like this:

270 90

The direction is map based meaning that 0 will always be due north.

Azdack
Mar-26-2016, 12:34
thanks for answers guys.

ATAG_((dB))
Mar-26-2016, 13:46
Hi Azdack you can use the TAB 7-1 function, it will give you the bearing and the distance of your closest enemy fighter. It will give it in degree's round up to 30 degrees 030, 060, 090 ect and everything within 40 miles in my memory is correct but it will countdown only from 15 miles ( That will be in kilometer if you fly blue). In other words if you have a fighter on a bearing 135 at a distance of 25 miles if you do a TAB 7 1 it will give you Fighter bearing 120 at 15 miles, once you close up on him it will eventually give you 14 miles and so on. Keep in mind that the bearing might also change.

o7

Erpr.Gr.210_Mölders
Mar-26-2016, 22:42
Mmmm...How to find enemies? Jump in a Bf 110 and in a couple of minutes you will have some " unwanted friends " coming from the perfidious Albion's land flying around you...the Bf 110 seems to attract teabags like the honey for the wasps...but the Bf 110 seems to have a good sting in its tail too! :) :) :)

Billyfred
Apr-04-2016, 18:52
Thanks for the tips!