PDA

View Full Version : trying to catch up now that fall is here

alpine
Oct-01-2012, 22:00
Been a busy summer, tried to patch1.06 way back when, failed miserably. Anyway, with long nights approaching can some one please direct me to the place to get caught up on patches etc.

Plus, does one have to download the whole lot in order or will the latest one (1.09?) work if I just download it.

Looking forward to romping over the cliffs of Dover and getting stuck in...

Thanks, Alpine

ps I am hopeless with computers so a quick how to apply patch(es) would be really appreciated ; )

ATAG_Colander
Oct-01-2012, 22:41
Hi Alpine,

You just need to use steam to bring the game back to the last official version (Verify integrity of the game) and then only apply the latest beta on top of it. There's no need to download all the previous ones.

ATAG_JTDawg
Oct-01-2012, 23:31
Like Colonder said go to steam library , right click on cod - go down to properties- click on it. 3rd 1 over local files- click on it - verify game - when done start game ver. should be 105 blah blah.- now part 2 download patch- get rar patch.- go into 1c folder in documents - double click on it - then open cliffs folder -top folder is cache - right click on it delete (no worrys it will make new 1) now for the patch double click on it = extract to -c program files x86 - steam- steam apps.-common - il2 cod dont open folder highlite name on side of folder - extract . done -over right all yes to all . done - start game to check version - should be 109 blah blah done - have fun salute

alpine
Oct-04-2012, 21:42
Thanks very much guys, JT your "how to" was exactly what I was looking for...

Worked a treat, first time round.

Flew on the server and no issues.

Thanks again, nice to be back in action.

Alpine

ATAG_JTDawg
Oct-04-2012, 22:18
Glad i could help :thumbsup: sry on the misspell Colander salute :salute:

ATAG_Colander
Oct-04-2012, 23:36
Hehehehe didn't even notice and being just a nick, I doubt any one would get offended :D

On the other hand Colonder sounds like a constipation medicine :)