PDA

View Full Version : Pledged 263$ to the Kickstarter back in the day.. - whatever happened regarding that?

Oersted
Mar-30-2016, 05:37
Hi all,

Back in "Ilya"-days I pledged a couple of hundred dollars to the Kickstarter. Have had my hands full for the last couple of years and never got around to actually getting any products... - Do you think I could still get DCS WWII whenever it comes out? Any info appreciated!

Cheers,
Oersted

Stig1207
Mar-30-2016, 06:28
You should be able too. The awards changed after DCS baled out the original project, but I remember being able to choose which planes I wanted for what I backed, 4 planes for $80+.

It was a couple of years ago, so my memory is a bit sketchy as to how it worked. I suggest you check the DCS forum, I think there is thread on how to go about it.

:salute:

Jugdriver
Mar-30-2016, 09:01
You have a bunch of DCS planes coming to you. Search the DCS forum and look for the instructions on how to collect, I think you will have all ED made DCS WWII aircraft (though at the moment there is only three out). They have taken care of the Kickstarter crowd very well, it is just up to you to collect. The Normandy map is still on the roadmap and scheduled to be released this year.

http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=126712

There is a backers page on the DCS website if I remember correctly but I cant remember how I linked my Kickstarter backing to my DCS account.

JD
AKA_MattE

Vlerkies
Mar-30-2016, 09:13
Login here with your DCS info

http://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/personal/backer/

1lokos
Mar-30-2016, 15:10
Do you think I could still get DCS WWII whenever it comes out? Any info appreciated!

Well, some more WWII planes eventually came - Bf 109 still in "beta", Spit.IX close to release.

But a proper WWII scenery, maybe for your grandchildren. :D

Oersted
Mar-31-2016, 05:16
Login here with your DCS info

http://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/personal/backer/

Super, that helped me out a lot, thanks!

"Rewards:
Platinum Backer credit in manuals
All aircraft of choice, beta access, and print-ready PDF manuals
Normandy Map
Normandy Map Alpha access
Copy of any Eagle Dynamics developed DCS product
TFC Polo Shirt
TFC hat and calendar
Two keys for each aircraft"

- Now, should I wait to have them send me all the things I get as a backer, or should I just request them to send it now? - Will they send the new products (that are not out yet) along later?

I actually won't need any of the stuff just yet, since my new VR-ready gaming PC will only come along in a years' time...

Thanks for all your replies!

Vlerkies
Mar-31-2016, 12:21
Hi Oersted
Glad it helped and that you found your missing rewards.

DCS had to step in and quite honorably tried to live up to many of the promises made at the initial stages by the other party.
Personally on that front I think they deserve a lot of credit for doing that :salute:

On the material stuff, like maps and shirts and whatever, I am not sure. I don't think anything has been done as such. Personally speaking none of this stuff bothers me in the least. I am even quite willing to not receive anything except the Normandy map in print. Always nice to have and the old DCS Black sea map is cool on the wall.

Plane wise you can make your selection now off what you want to receive and if the planes are currently available/or released you will get a working key for that specific module.

ATAG_Snapper
Mar-31-2016, 13:58
Kudos to ED: DCS for stepping up to the plate with the Kickstarter promises. :salute:

On a related note, several years ago I purchased the Alpha version of A10C which included the promise of the NTTR map when it would be released. Fast forward about 3 years later and by golly -- DCS remembered and delivered this map to me as a free download. I shouldn't be so cynical in life, and this is why. :thumbsup:

:)

Vlerkies
Mar-31-2016, 14:27
Kudos to ED: DCS for stepping up to the plate with the Kickstarter promises. :salute:

On a related note, several years ago I purchased the Alpha version of A10C which included the promise of the NTTR map when it would be released. Fast forward about 3 years later and by golly -- DCS remembered and delivered this map to me as a free download. I shouldn't be so cynical in life, and this is why. :thumbsup:

:)
Likewise, they are a company true to their word, albeit if they do take their time in some instances :)