PDA

View Full Version : New computer at last - Can't start CloD- help please

Koala63
Apr-14-2016, 18:49
Hi all. After years of waiting, I've finally got a smoking new rig that will do justice to CloD, but now I can't get off the ground.

I have deleted all old game files copied over from my old computer including TF patches with the intention of starting everything fresh from new downloads. My first aim was to get CloD running in Vanilla and then DL TF patches and install. However I can't get past square one. I did a fresh DL from Steam last night (April 14 2016) and when I attempt a start from within Steam I get a dialogue box that says: Performing 1st time set up. "Installing microsoft VC Redist package (step 1 x 1)", then nothing...

I have my games installed on an SSD drive and normal documents etc stored on a separate C drive. I cannot see that any separate 1c softclub (or whatever) files are installed anywhere else on the system yet, like they were in my old installation (with parallel TF mod folder alongside ultimately IIRC). Yes I'm running Windows 10.

Im a computer numpty, but managed to have CloD working with TF mods before. Now I've got the brand new dream rig I can't get started. I've made a reasonable effort at trawling through the years of old problem solving posts here, but I'm stumped. I did try ticking the boxed in the Windows Features suggested in relation to Win10 probs, with no change, so I put them back how they were.

Any help VERY appreciated.

S!

Koala

Edit. er... system specs

Intel i7-6700 @3.4GHz
16 GB Ram
GeForce GTX 970 vers.364.72
Win 10 Pro

Koala63
Apr-14-2016, 19:50
Yeah, ok. Further searching here has told me

"So sorry guys, I am an idiot but maybe this thread will come in handy for peeps who aren't as savy or bright like me
Cliffs of Dover is incompatible with windows 8 and 10 so just go on ahead an install the first TF patch without running the game first.
P.S
Of course remember to quickly run the game in between patch installs "

So I'll see if that helps.

Koala63
Apr-14-2016, 20:40
OK airborne at last. Polite suggestion... perhaps writ large at the top of the new pilots page... Not compatible with windows 10 unless TF 3.0 or greater patch installed. Dont bother trying to start CloD vanilla in Win10 unless you've patched up.

This might save some idiots like me alot of time.

That said, a mighty big thanks to Team Fusion for past and ongoing efforts with this great game. I'm massively looking forward to going online now I have a machine that can do it.

S!

ATAG_Ezzie
Apr-14-2016, 22:56
Glad to see u got it going Koala63 and good to see another Aussie flying CLOD.

Not sure if online is your aim but if it is then look fwd to seeing you on there soon.

Ezzie

RAF74_Buzzsaw
Apr-15-2016, 01:34
Glad you got sorted Koala! :thumbsup:

Koala63
Apr-15-2016, 01:58
Hi all. I'm all patched up to date and just going nuts. Been flying at rooftop level over miles of London with every setting maxed and just as smooth as silk! This game is just amazing. Such madness that it was thrown away and so great that TF is "keeping the dream alive".

Got all my basic controls set up satisfactory to start and now I'm ready to enjoy something I've been waiting many years for. See you guys online real soon :D

Koala63
Apr-17-2016, 21:56
Just a quick update. Another few days to wait... I've also finally bitten the bullet and admitted that my old gameport CH pro pedals were completely cactus - can't fly a plane with only right rudder. Have a new USB set of pedals paid for and on the way, and hopefully they'll be delivered by this weekend. Wow. I might even have functional toe brakes when temped to fly for the dark side ;) Cheers. K