PDA

View Full Version : Help to go on-line with CLOD please

carbolicus
Apr-15-2016, 12:42
Anybody able to help a relative new boy start flying on-line please?

I just tried to join a server but couldn't see how to select a plane or squadron, or get going at all. Also, how does Teamspeak work?

Any advice greatly appreciated - thanks!

ATAG_Colander
Apr-15-2016, 12:50
Hi carbolicus,

Once you join a server, you will see the map on the left and two banners on the right.
Selecting a banner will tell the game which side you want to play on.
Once you have selected a side, you will notice that some airfields on the map change color to white. Click on the one you want to spawn at
Once you selected an airfield, you will be shown a default plane, you can click on it to select a different one (each airfield might have different airplane options).
Once you are done with the plane selection, you can click on the "FLY" button.

Those are the basics.

As for teamspeak...
After you have it running, select connect to a server on the menu and, if you want to connect to the ATAG teamspeak, you enter "216.52.148.29:9987" and click connect.
Once connected, you can doubleclick on a channel to jump to it and be able to talk/hear people in that channel.

:salute:

ATAG_((dB))
Apr-15-2016, 14:31
Hi Carbolicus everything is on that link and more
http://theairtacticalassaultgroup.com/forum/showthread.php?t=5058&p=52711

carbolicus
Apr-15-2016, 15:25
Many thanks fellas, I'll give it a go.

Kendy for the State
Apr-15-2016, 15:49
I think a step was missed...after you select a plane you have to click "Create" to spawn in.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

Erpr.Gr.210_Mölders
Apr-15-2016, 18:25
Welcome to the online community Flieger!
The whole Stab I./JG 51 wish you to have tons of fun during your online experience!
In the case you will need help to getting started with the game join Teamspeak and you will find a lot of senior pilots available to help you moving the first steps in the game.
Personally speaking feel free to contact any of our pilots ( recognizable by the Stab I./JG 51 tag preceding their usernames ) every time that you could need help we will be more than happy to help you, if in our possibilities!
Normally you can find us on the Storm of War TeamSpeak server ( address: 85.236.101.5:10427 password: stormofwar ) in our dedicated channel ( Stab I./JG51 ) or on the ATAG TeamSpeak server ( Address: 216.52.148.29 no password required ).

Welcome aboard!

Salute! :salute:

Maj Robert Mölders,
Gruppenkommandeur,
Stab I./JG 51

Logan
Apr-15-2016, 21:09
I think a step was missed...after you select a plane you have to click "Create" to spawn in.

Yep! that's right.

carbolicus
Apr-18-2016, 15:08
Welcome to the online community Flieger!
The whole Stab I./JG 51 wish you to have tons of fun during your online experience!
In the case you will need help to getting started with the game join Teamspeak and you will find a lot of senior pilots available to help you moving the first steps in the game.
Personally speaking feel free to contact any of our pilots ( recognizable by the Stab I./JG 51 tag preceding their usernames ) every time that you could need help we will be more than happy to help you, if in our possibilities!
Normally you can find us on the Storm of War TeamSpeak server ( address: 85.236.101.5:10427 password: stormofwar ) in our dedicated channel ( Stab I./JG51 ) or on the ATAG TeamSpeak server ( Address: 216.52.148.29 no password required ).

Welcome aboard!

Salute! :salute:

Maj Robert Mölders,
Gruppenkommandeur,
Stab I./JG 51

Many thanks for the welcome and offer of help Major Molders and Stab I./JG51 - much appreciated!

Successfully got on-line now - thanks everyone - and flown a few circuits at Hawkinge. Next step is to get Teamspeak going and get some combat hours in... But undecided as to whether to go red or blue - love flying the Spitfire, but those cannons in the 109 can't be beat!

ATAG_((dB))
Apr-18-2016, 15:57
Many thanks for the welcome and offer of help Major Molders and Stab I./JG51 - much appreciated!

Successfully got on-line now - thanks everyone - and flown a few circuits at Hawkinge. Next step is to get Teamspeak going and get some combat hours in... But undecided as to whether to go red or blue - love flying the Spitfire, but those cannons in the 109 can't be beat!

Try them all they're all good m8

o7

carbolicus
Apr-30-2016, 13:38
Got Teamspeak set up, and connected to the ATAG server 216.52 etc. However, when I get to the ATAG server to fly it says to use channel 3 - how do I know which one this is please?

I've just been flying around in a Spitfire on the ATAG and come across a few Hurricanes but I don't know how to talk to them - very lonely, and the chat record on the server after I quitted showed they thought I was trying to line them up for a shot - how hurtful is that?!

ATAG_Lolsav
Apr-30-2016, 15:45
when you joint Teamspeak just left double click the channel you want to move to ;)

ATAG_Marlow
Apr-30-2016, 17:44
when you joint Teamspeak just left double click the channel you want to move to ;)

Hi Carbolicus...welcome from a fellow newbie Pilot (joined Feb '16). Stick with the CLoD Experience. (I just can't call it a game...doesn't do it justice!) I had many problems starting out because CLoD is a very steep learning curve but it is definitely worth it in the end and it sounds like you are just about there now. Once on TS do ask about any remaining problems. This community is blessed with many patient, helpful people who, I have found, are only too happy to give advice. See you 'up there!' :) :thumbsup:

Kendy for the State
Apr-30-2016, 19:40
Anybody able to help a relative new boy start flying on-line please?

I just tried to join a server but couldn't see how to select a plane or squadron, or get going at all. Also, how does Teamspeak work?

Any advice greatly appreciated - thanks!
You need to scroll down to where it says ATAG Allies vs Axis and join the Allied Forces channel.

7./JG26_SMOKEJUMPER
Apr-30-2016, 23:48

Fly them all!

I started in Spits and Hurris as they are easier to fly. The 109 is a bit of a princess.

I prefer now to fly whichever side is lower on numbers. Often in my time zone it's blue. Being able to fly both side really keeps the game fresh.

Welcome!

carbolicus
May-01-2016, 13:10
Hi Carbolicus...welcome from a fellow newbie Pilot (joined Feb '16). Stick with the CLoD Experience. (I just can't call it a game...doesn't do it justice!) I had many problems starting out because CLoD is a very steep learning curve but it is definitely worth it in the end and it sounds like you are just about there now. Once on TS do ask about any remaining problems. This community is blessed with many patient, helpful people who, I have found, are only too happy to give advice. See you 'up there!' :) :thumbsup:

Hi Marlow - Thanks m8, and yes, CLoD really is something special; not pranging too much now and hope to be on-line soon!

Also thanks to all for advice, got Teamspeak sorted - just got to brush up on the "wilco, roger" etc jargon now!