PDA

View Full Version : DCS world module yard sale.

BFBunny
Apr-25-2016, 19:06
Hi All.

I'm trying to get the word out to drop my dcs world modules. I've sold a few, but decided to drop them all in the end. You can find me as BFBunny on the dcsw forums.

Update - thanks to all that participated. I hope everyone has a good time playing the dcs modules and I might catch some of you in clod or il2 bos.

Cybermat47
Apr-25-2016, 23:13
The A-10 is quite appealing... will these work with the Steam version of the game?

ATAG_Flare
Apr-26-2016, 15:12
The A-10 is quite appealing... will these work with the Steam version of the game?

I think they won't, you can use steam codes on the standalone but not the other way around. I switched to standalone a while ago, you get the updates earlier and can take advantage of both companies' sales.

BFBunny
Apr-26-2016, 18:36
Hi.

This is true, it's stand alone client only sorry. The A10C is certainly worth it and it's one of the most versatile planes in the game at the moment with the 104th working out for those who enjoy the full sim experience.

It's certainly not as hard to use at it looks after a short time getting to know it and yet you could easily fulfill your gaming experience by only having the A10C by the time you master aa re-fuelling, all the weapons and nav and then flying those same missions at night or low visibility or going online. Everyone likes a good a10c pilot ;)

Cybermat47
Apr-27-2016, 03:15
Downloading the non-Steam version now :thumbsup:

SoW Reddog
Apr-27-2016, 03:30
Damn. Missed the P51 and a10. Have bought the Dora, kurfurst and sabre though. ;)

Cybermat47
Apr-27-2016, 09:21
I bought the A-10. I assume I get an email with the activation code, but where do I download the module itself so I can activate the code?

SoW Reddog
Apr-27-2016, 13:00
I think he needs to transfer the codes to us, so needs your DCS world login name. I presume he will contact us for these?

Once he has done that I think we just go into the our dcs account and download?

BFBunny
Apr-27-2016, 13:31
Hi guys.

I've just got back from work (uk time here) so I need your dcs user name found under the personal section of your profile so I can transfer the licence to your account which takes all of 30 seconds. The module will be available to download via the game when you load dcs.

I'll send out keys too.

I've pmd the relevant people in case they miss this post, but don't worry. I've not forgotten.

Cheers folks.

SoW Reddog
Dec-19-2016, 15:24
Anyone else here who bought from this guy suddenly find that the modules have reverted back to him?

Cybermat47
Dec-19-2016, 19:24
Anyone else here who bought from this guy suddenly find that the modules have reverted back to him?

Nope.

1lokos
Dec-19-2016, 21:04
DCS has changed their key police, now is forbidden for users sell their modules.

Cybermat47
Dec-19-2016, 22:18
DCS has changed their key police, now is forbidden for users sell their modules.

That doesn't explain why his modules have disappeared, though. The module I bought from this thread works fine.

SoW Reddog
Dec-20-2016, 02:38
Well I emailed him and he helpfully replied.

Only DCS World keys purchased from these locations are valid purchases and can be activated in the Module Manager:

DCS E-Shop
Steam
1C, Gamazavr and YouPlay in Russia
Acealpha in South Korea
Regards.

So he is aware and from this I infer he is happy with ripping me off. DCS aren't interested, saying he has to contact them to bind them to my account (which I thought he had done in the first place, so how did he get them back?)

philstyle
Dec-20-2016, 04:14
If he doesn't bind them to you account he is taking back goods after payment illegally, IMO.
Ask him to transfer over, otherwise just report this as theft. If he is in the UK, he would be easy for the Nick to find. Nice easy arrest to get a case off the local police books I'd expect. The police like the nice easy ones.

ATAG_Torian
Dec-20-2016, 04:25
Caveat emptor

SoW Reddog
Dec-20-2016, 05:27
Caveat emptor

True Torian. You just don't expect someone in the community to be a toerag like this.

We shall see what he (and the police) have to say.

Cybermat47
Dec-20-2016, 14:37
Again, I am not having this issue. The module I bought from him is working fine.

Arthursmedley
Dec-20-2016, 16:33
We shall see what he (and the police) have to say.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IiCkkeuAxiU

ATAG_Torian
Dec-20-2016, 18:02
....You just don't expect someone in the community to be a toerag like this.

True. The lack of communication from him is disturbing. We've all been ripped off and it's a real sense of being violated, trust that has been abused. Especially, as u say, from a fellow flight simmer.
It may well be a technical issue as Cybermat's seems to be working but the seller should be helping to resolve it or providing a refund, not disappearing into the ether.

SoW Reddog
Dec-21-2016, 09:16
True. The lack of communication from him is disturbing. We've all been ripped off and it's a real sense of being violated, trust that has been abused. Especially, as u say, from a fellow flight simmer.
It may well be a technical issue as Cybermat's seems to be working but the seller should be helping to resolve it or providing a refund, not disappearing into the ether.

In fairness the guy is now trying to resolve it, and in contact with ED too. So we shall see what happens.

ATAG_Torian
Dec-21-2016, 17:38
In fairness the guy is now trying to resolve it, and in contact with ED too. So we shall see what happens.

Ah, that is good news then. Hope it gets sorted soon. :thumbsup: