PDA

View Full Version : Dynamic Single Player Campaign

migman
Apr-25-2016, 21:21
About 6 months ago I came across a single player campaign program made by oden.
Since then I have been testing and modifying the code, and adding a few new features currently only for the british side

So now here it is
http://www.mediafire.com/download/u2fy03fbhxrml73/ReleaseVersion4.rar

Things I have added include
Morale rating for each Squadron which affects the skill modifiers (don't think it actually does much)
Scramble Missions
if Radars are damaged then the range is reduced meaning less time to intercept.
Air-Starts for AI Flights only at this stage
The amount of kills you make will affect the losses the enemy will sustain.
Ground control vectoring flights to intercept, just follow the instructions

To install, Copy all the files from the rar into Single Missions folder

If people like it then I have a number of ideas to add to it
My thanks to oden for the initial code and Salmo for help with some of the trickier bits

Enjoy

ATAG_Bliss
Apr-25-2016, 22:12
Very nicely done!

Would you mind uploading it to the download section also? See here: http://theairtacticalassaultgroup.com/forum/Downloads.php

Wolf
Apr-25-2016, 23:38
wow, this sounds awesome. I think I would have a lot of use for this with some of the things I am doing.

Can you use it to add in ships as targets or does it just generate flights?

I guess it would need to have some code into standard formation of ships in groups...

SD_MBen
Apr-27-2016, 12:28
About 6 months ago I came across a single player campaign program made by oden.
Since then I have been testing and modifying the code, and adding a few new features currently only for the british side

So now here it is
http://www.mediafire.com/download/u2fy03fbhxrml73/ReleaseVersion4.rar

Things I have added include
Morale rating for each Squadron which affects the skill modifiers (don't think it actually does much)
Scramble Missions
if Radars are damaged then the range is reduced meaning less time to intercept.
Air-Starts for AI Flights only at this stage
The amount of kills you make will affect the losses the enemy will sustain.
Ground control vectoring flights to intercept, just follow the instructions

To install, Copy all the files from the rar into Single Missions folder

If people like it then I have a number of ideas to add to it
My thanks to oden for the initial code and Salmo for help with some of the trickier bits

Enjoy
Thanks for this.
Is that all you do, just drop all the files in your Single mission folder?
Thanks in advance.
Ben

FightingSteel1
Apr-29-2016, 16:46
Any chance we can get this for the Luftwaffe side?

tn_prvteye
Apr-29-2016, 20:35
YES!!!! Please keep going! Thank you VERY much (and to theOden as well)!!!

tn_prvteye
Apr-30-2016, 12:22
I do have a quick question, though. Has the "resetting the INI file by deleting it" thing been disabled? Doesn't seem to do that anymore. Not a biggie, just wanted to make sure I didn't break something. Loving the AI air starts, though. One thing that always bothered me was flying in circles, waiting for the Luftwaffe to take off and get here! :) Great Stuff.

Hopefully with the upcoming 5.0, there will be some AI fixes that will really make Single Player shine.

migman
Apr-30-2016, 21:00
I do have a quick question, though. Has the "resetting the INI file by deleting it" thing been disabled? Doesn't seem to do that anymore. Not a biggie, just wanted to make sure I didn't break something. Loving the AI air starts, though. One thing that always bothered me was flying in circles, waiting for the Luftwaffe to take off and get here! :) Great Stuff.

Hopefully with the upcoming 5.0, there will be some AI fixes that will really make Single Player shine.

That is a work in progress...for now keep a copy of the original ini mis and briefing file and replace when you want to start from the beginning

TheSNAFU
May-01-2016, 11:31
This really has promise for a competent SP campaign. It's stable and generates pretty interesting and varied missions. Only real issues I've had is squadron mates that are very hard to keep up with. They also don't seem to engage enemy ac much of the time. These are issues more likely associated with the game AI so maybe there isn't much that can be done there. I like the daily battle statistics and info on the general state of the battle. If there could be more detail on the players career and squadron pilots that would be nice.

In any event thank you Migman for your work. I hope you continue to develop the much needed SP campaign.

SD_MBen
May-02-2016, 15:59
Thanks for this.
Is that all you do, just drop all the files in your Single mission folder?
Thanks in advance.
Ben

Bump?

tn_prvteye
May-03-2016, 14:14
Bump?
Yep, should go to missions\single folder.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

ATAG_Lolsav
May-18-2016, 09:15
First let me congratulate to make such a depth scripted mission. I took a look and i was particulary interested in the IPlayerStat and such.

But.. when i launch the mission, the planes fly around endlessly and nothing happens. As per briefing i follow red leader but he doesnt go anywhere. Did i miss a step?

JimmyBlonde
May-20-2016, 12:34
when i launch the mission, the planes fly around endlessly and nothing happens. As per briefing i follow red leader but he doesnt go anywhere. Did i miss a step?

Same here, when I start a new mission I get the message: "OnBombsHit=0. Mission cut short before target reached" or something like that.

migman
May-20-2016, 21:16
never had that happen in my install.
I need more information
Some tests to run to see if script is actually working
Before Take Off: <CTRL F2> will tell you if and enemy formations have been generated
<SHIFT F2> will tell you if any Friendly formations are there
<CTRL TILDE> will display data in the log file on screen and pause the game
if all of these are positive then the script is running as it should...check the log file for any errors
if you want to see a full debug version...then edit the script file. At the top is a boolean value called odenDebug. Set it true and save, log file will then print all the test data I use. (there is a lot of it)
Remember all the files need to be in the //missions/Single folder not the //mission folder

JimmyBlonde
May-21-2016, 22:29
Hi migman, no enemy flight has been generated at the start of the mission. Also, for some reason, my friendly unit is duplicated. We start on the runway and then another squadron with our exact markings taxis from the hangars and takes off. Ships have been generated and ground control gives us the vector our patrol area (Where the planes circle endlessly) when contacted via the Tab menu.

In the chat, where server messages generally appear, I get the message OnMissionStart=0 when I load and then messages that tell me which aircraft just got airborne, there's also one about a long bridge being the wrong width (3) in the console when I Ctrl Tab. (I doubt that one is important).

According to the debug the radar search cycle is working.

Anyway, I'm going to let the mission run on time compression and see how it pans out when everyone lands.

JimmyBlonde
May-24-2016, 09:58
Update.

The same mission is generated after completing the mission with time compression.

migman
May-26-2016, 12:25
To those of you having trouble with this script.

Last, you must have a line like the following in the [rts] section of both your conf.ini and confs.ini file.

I believe that conf.ini pertains to your regular Launcher.exe process and confs.ini applies if you are running "Launcher.exe -server" as a dedicated server. At any rate, in my experience it is necessary to have it in both places for full functionality. Note that you will need to exit Launcher.exe, then edit and save conf.ini & confs.ini, then re-start Launcher.exe. If you don't follow this process, your conf.ini and/or confs.ini will be overwritten when Launcher.exe exits.

[rts]
scriptAppDomain=0

This is required in both your conf and confs ini files. check if this value is what you have and if not follow the above process
Note: I only have it set in conf.ini file seems to work fine like that
The mission file provided generates 2 flights from your airfield one parked the other on the runway. The script also generates other friendly flights both in the air and on the ground. So if all you have is the 2 flights then script is not running. In that case check the above value.

JimmyBlonde
May-26-2016, 12:53
To those of you having trouble with this script.

Last, you must have a line like the following in the [rts] section of both your conf.ini and confs.ini file.

I believe that conf.ini pertains to your regular Launcher.exe process and confs.ini applies if you are running "Launcher.exe -server" as a dedicated server. At any rate, in my experience it is necessary to have it in both places for full functionality. Note that you will need to exit Launcher.exe, then edit and save conf.ini & confs.ini, then re-start Launcher.exe. If you don't follow this process, your conf.ini and/or confs.ini will be overwritten when Launcher.exe exits.

[rts]
scriptAppDomain=0

This is required in both your conf and confs ini files. check if this value is what you have and if not follow the above process
Note: I only have it set in conf.ini file seems to work fine like that
The mission file provided generates 2 flights from your airfield one parked the other on the runway. The script also generates other friendly flights both in the air and on the ground. So if all you have is the 2 flights then script is not running. In that case check the above value.

That did it! thanks migman.

For the record I edited the conf.ini and confs ini located in Documents/1CSoftClub/CliffsOfDoverMOD (Since there are three versions, it's a little hard to understand which one to edit if you dont know how the files/program works)

istruba
Jun-11-2016, 19:17
Not available for LW ? I'm sad and disappointed now.