PDA

View Full Version : Post 5.0 request

Kai Lae
May-20-2016, 11:11
Greetings TF, I was wondering, because you don't already have enough to do, I was thinking I could help out with that :) As a member of ACG (which, this isn't a ACG request, it's just what I'd like to see) we probably have spent more time in france than just about anyone, because we fight not only battle of britain campaigns, but also the battle of france. At least, the second half. The problem to doing a more extensive one is twofold in my opinion. First is the map. After you travel in past a certain point the terrain becomes just repeating patterns. In addition, you can't get to the far northern portions near belgium, or the western frontier. There are a lot of airfields that are included in the game also that are....not working correctly. I can tell you that the airfield at Grandvillers we have nicknamed "Gopherhole" because of seemingly a huge number of invisible potholes, and then you have the hangars that eat aircraft when you go into them. I've noticed that you all are seemingly working on a D520, which would be great for a battle of france campaign. Getting to my point:

1. Is is possible you'll consider redoing the current map and fixing the issues that are in france currently?
2. Is it possible you'll do a new map of france that includes the areas of it not shown?
3. Will you all be thinking of adding aircraft like the MS406, Hawk 75, LeO 45?

It'd be great to be able to do a full battle of france campaign, then battle of britain campaign, then north africa/med...thanks :)

Artist
May-20-2016, 14:28
Hi Kai Lae,

concerning your first question, yes, we're fixing the Channel Map. If you have a look into the bugtracker, you'll see that we've currently 38 'anomalies' reported of which 13 are already `In Progress` of being fixed.

See here: Category "Map: Channel" (http://tfbt.nuvturais.de/projects/il2clodtf/issues?set_filter=1&f%5B%5D=status_id&op%5Bstatus_id%5D=o&f%5B%5D=category_id&op%5Bcategory_id%5D=%3D&v%5Bcategory_id%5D%5B%5D=39&f%5B%5D=&c%5B%5D=tracker&c%5B%5D=status&c%5B%5D=priority&c%5B%5D=subject&c%5B%5D=author&c%5B%5D=updated_on&c%5B%5D=category&c%5B%5D=votes_value&group_by=) (if you haven't done so already, you may have to register in the bugtracker - it's not part of ATAG).

There's little on France, however (#548, #590, #599, #662, #776, #778, #801), yet. So we'd be glad about any detailed bug reports on that (e.g. exact locations of those potholes in Grandvillers): The more detailed and pinpointed those bugreports are, the more we can fix.

Cheers,
Artist

GERMANWOLF
May-20-2016, 18:40
hello fine artist, we have noticed a few posts 5.0, could you please give news to us? it will come out this year?

Kai Lae
May-20-2016, 19:56
Hi Kai Lae,

concerning your first question, yes, we're fixing the Channel Map. If you have a look into the bugtracker, you'll see that we've currently 38 'anomalies' reported of which 13 are already `In Progress` of being fixed.

See here: Category "Map: Channel" (http://tfbt.nuvturais.de/projects/il2clodtf/issues?set_filter=1&f%5B%5D=status_id&op%5Bstatus_id%5D=o&f%5B%5D=category_id&op%5Bcategory_id%5D=%3D&v%5Bcategory_id%5D%5B%5D=39&f%5B%5D=&c%5B%5D=tracker&c%5B%5D=status&c%5B%5D=priority&c%5B%5D=subject&c%5B%5D=author&c%5B%5D=updated_on&c%5B%5D=category&c%5B%5D=votes_value&group_by=) (if you haven't done so already, you may have to register in the bugtracker - it's not part of ATAG).

There's little on France, however (#548, #590, #599, #662, #776, #778, #801), yet. So we'd be glad about any detailed bug reports on that (e.g. exact locations of those potholes in Grandvillers): The more detailed and pinpointed those bugreports are, the more we can fix.

Cheers,
Artist

Well with Grandvillers, it's more like "I was at full takeoff power and my nose dipped into the ground/my plane suddenly bounced for no reason and ate my hurricane". But I'll keep that in mind if I see anything else, though we're flying from Rouen Boos these days.

Salmo
May-22-2016, 23:40
<snip> ... Getting to my point:

1. Is is possible you'll consider redoing the current map and fixing the issues that are in france currently?
2. Is it possible you'll do a new map of france that includes the areas of it not shown?
3. Will you all be thinking of adding aircraft like the MS406, Hawk 75, LeO 45?

It'd be great to be able to do a full battle of france campaign, then battle of britain campaign, then north africa/med...thanks :)

As TF mapping coordinator I'll respond to you questions:

1. Redoing the current map -> If you mean fix bugs on the current map then the answer is most definitely YES (as best we can). The aim is to fix the bumps & potholes at airfields, fix some of the texture tears & misplacements & to fix bad spawn points at airfields. You can help by making a report on the TF bug-tracker for each of these bugs, with specific details (including screenshots & diagrams) to help us locate exactly where each of the problems lies.

2. New map of France (northern France, Belgium) - > No, not at this stage. Building an entirely new map has been an enormous task, but we're hoping that once we get to know all the tasks needed to get a map into the game, then making further new maps will become progressively "easier" & take less time to produce.

3. New aircraft (Battle of France) - > No, not at this stage. Adding a new aircraft, especially a player-flyable aircraft takes an enormous amount of work. For example, one 3d modeller could easily spend 6-12 months producing the model, then the programmers would spend another 1 - 2 months doing all the coding needed to get the plane to work in-game. Then there's developing a specific flight-model, & testing to do. For these reasons, it's best to concentrate on those aircraft that would give more "bang-for-buck". ie. Common aircraft used in many theatres.

Cheers
Sal

Artist
May-23-2016, 01:48
Well with Grandvillers, it's more like "I was at full takeoff power and my nose dipped into the ground/my plane suddenly bounced for no reason and ate my hurricane". But I'll keep that in mind if I see anything else [...]You see, if you take the time (after you experienced something like that) to taxi around on the airfield to find the exact location, the Team Fusion member doesn't have to - and therefore has more time to actually fix it :-)