PDA

View Full Version : Update on no Updates...

RAF74_Buzzsaw
May-27-2016, 17:43
Salute All

Some of you may be wondering why you have not seen any recent updates on the ongoing work on TF 5.0.

In fact, while there has not been an update in a video form, there has been added additional documentation of the work ongoing on the TF Facebook page:

https://www.facebook.com/teamfusionmod

(please see the new shots of the Wellington, Hurricane IIB, etc.)

Still, in keeping with our policy of being factual with the community, we have to admit we had some setbacks in the last months which have slowed our progress. :doh:

-One 3D modeler lost his Video card and couldn't afford a replacement... luckily we managed to find a donor with a used older card which is expected to be shipped in the next few days.

-Two key members have had health issues... but are still determined to contribute, although on a less intensive schedule.

-Urgent Family and Real Life concerns have made demands on members free time which have not allowed them to contribute as much as they hoped.

-While huge progress was made in a number of behind the scenes areas... the work has also be more demanding and time intensive than expected... the lack of a CoD Developer's guide has often meant small mistakes have tripped up progress, and required work to be re-done multiple times to get the results we needed. The good news is the advances we needed have been achieved.

All of the above aside, the work on TF 5.0 continues to move forwards.

At this point, as project manager, and by my estimation, at least 2/3's of the work required to finish TF 5.0 has been completed.

Unfortunately, our hoped for goal of mid summer release is not going to be met.

And no, we won't be releasing a partially finished TF 5.0 early, it just does not make sense to do all the beta testing, all the code work, all the compiling, (weeks and weeks of work) just to turn around and do it again in a couple months. We want a finalized release, complete with all the elements.

While I know it may be frustrating for the community to have to wait... it is even more frustrating for many TF members... knowing they could finish their work given a month's free time... but the time is not available, and they are having to make do with a few hours here and there, squeezed in between the need to work and the requirement to be relatively sane and normal beings. :goofy

Bottom line:

We have come this far, we have put in too much work to leave the project unfinished... ;)

BUT.... realistically TF and the community need to be patient with the occasional wobble. :flying2:

Thanks to all those who continue to give us their support. :clap::clap::clap:

Barone
May-27-2016, 17:55
Thanks for the update buzz.
Just a curiosity... We could expect a possible release in 2016 or we'll have to wait for 2017?
Keep up the good job. :)

Inviato dal mio GT-I9300 utilizzando Tapatalk

RAF74_Buzzsaw
May-27-2016, 18:01
As they say, "Once bitten, twice shy."

I am not going to make a promise at this point.

Hopefully 2016.

III./ZG76_Saipan
May-27-2016, 18:24

Hopefully 2016.

they? as in the band great white circa 1986...great tune and video.

GERMANWOLF
May-27-2016, 18:49
[QUOTE=RAF74_Buzzsaw;230773]As they say, "Once bitten, twice shy."

Hopefully 2016.[/

lol

ATAG_Dave
May-27-2016, 18:59
@Buzzsaw and the rest of TF - thank you for your work. When tf5 is ready ill enjoy it. in the mean time ill continue to enjoy what you have already made for us

:salute:

ATAG_Lewis
May-27-2016, 19:47
No rush from me....~S~

I'll enjoy your updates as always....Thanks fellas...Still very excited about 5.0....~S~

ATAG_Colander
May-27-2016, 21:21

Hopefully 2016.

lol

TF5 will not make you a better pilot so no need to hurry :D

=FI=Murph
May-28-2016, 00:54
I am relived to hear that things are still moving, if a little more slowly. I look forward to the eventual release of 5.0, whenever it comes to pass. You guys are the best!

ATAG_((dB))
May-28-2016, 02:59
Most of us don't realize the effort and sacrifice that as been put in that project, Thanks for the update Buzz and don't worries we're not going anywhere :thumbsup:

9./JG52_Meyer
May-28-2016, 03:13
Still enjoying the sim as it is greatly, so TF 5.0 when it comes out will be a bonus to what is already a fantastic achievement to what you people have already done. :thumbsup:

HurricaneHarvest
May-28-2016, 04:52
I can wait for my franken-defiant in 5.0 .... :):):)

I'm currently trying to upgrade my GPU to play CLOD on my 27" 4K monitor. SLI 580s just don't cut it. Looking @ 1080 but supply is thin, might have to wait till 2017.

Keep up the good work, it's a classic piece of art, perfection takes time.

kashiide
May-28-2016, 05:50
hi HURRICANEHARVEST.about the Defiant,are you aware that this is the sole fighter plane that must be piloted by 2 players?the pilot cant fire any guns and the gunner cant pilot the plane.

as i ve been studying deeply the night fighting/shrage musik subject,i give you my 2Cents: the only way to fly successfully the Defiant with fun is to have 2 humans on board:

_i doubt the AI will be able to put the plane in the bomber s path (unless some tedious heavy code writing is done for...only one aircraft?) and imagine how frustating it would be ,staying in you turret,waiting for the AI to give you a fire solution...

_or you can play the pilot,but you cant fire a single bullet,the only thing you can do is giving your AI mate firing opportunity,hoping it will use it wisely

i dont know how much ammo the turret can carry,but,for some shrage muzik configuration,4 7,7mm guns seems too light IMHO.not to mention the type s vulnerability

to resume,playing the Defiant would always be half of a fighter gameplay..the sole interest would be to play it with a good friend,not alone

Tinkicker
May-28-2016, 06:39
-One 3D modeler lost his Video card and couldn't afford a replacement... luckily we managed to find a donor with a used older card which is expected to be shipped in the next few days.

Since I got my GTX980TI I have a GTX650TI going spare that I would be more than happy to donate to the cause if the planned replacement does not work out. If in UK I will even pick up the postage tab. Let me know Col.

Edit: Apologies Buzz, had it in my head that col was the OP. Let me know.

ATAG_Highseas
May-28-2016, 07:24
Now that sounds like an apology and that sir is not required!

I know diddly squat about telling computers how to make planes do stuff on a screen.... and I am staggered by what we already have.

If patch 5.0 takes another year or three so be it.

I'm amazed already. !

SoW Reddog
May-28-2016, 08:09
So March 2014 (TF4.3) to May 2016 = 2/3rds of TF5. Likely maths based prediction for TF5 then would be autumn 2017, without taking into account beta testing and any unforeseen problems etc which may or may not be represented in Buzzsaw's "2/3rd" statement.

Good to know. Thanks for the update.

HurricaneHarvest
May-28-2016, 09:12
hi HURRICANEHARVEST.about the Defiant,are you aware that this is the sole fighter plane that must be piloted by 2 players?the pilot cant fire any guns and the gunner cant pilot the plane.

as i ve been studying deeply the night fighting/shrage musik subject,i give you my 2Cents: the only way to fly successfully the Defiant with fun is to have 2 humans on board:

_i doubt the AI will be able to put the plane in the bomber s path (unless some tedious heavy code writing is done for...only one aircraft?) and imagine how frustating it would be ,staying in you turret,waiting for the AI to give you a fire solution...

_or you can play the pilot,but you cant fire a single bullet,the only thing you can do is giving your AI mate firing opportunity,hoping it will use it wisely

i dont know how much ammo the turret can carry,but,for some shrage muzik configuration,4 7,7mm guns seems too light IMHO.not to mention the type s vulnerability

to resume,playing the Defiant would always be half of a fighter gameplay..the sole interest would be to play it with a good friend,not alone

I've created a defiant scenario in Mission Builder where a sqd of defiants follow a bomber formation, see here & absorb the sights & sounds - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PEsf-MzRVPo

All you need to do is put the pilot into AI mode, it will then follow the Waypoints and you wait as the gunner, plowing the skies :D

if you could setup a defiant for 2 players, that would be the ultimate in LOLs & giggles

Mastiff
May-28-2016, 09:54
:stunned:

thanks for the update!! looks really good love me some IIc, and IIB's.

kashiide
May-28-2016, 11:36
fun video!!

hauggy
May-28-2016, 11:44
Thanks for the news!
I'm very saddened about the setbacks but what can you do.
The update might not come this year but life goes on, I just hope TF 5.0 will ever come out at this point.
May the Devs who have "health related issues" get well soon.

Topgum
May-28-2016, 15:31
Thank you for the Non-update, MP & lots of respect for TF to their amazing work they are doing:salute:
There is no reason to apologize a delay, you are just welcome:salute:
By waiting of TF 5.0 I went onto the attic, looking for the wreckage of my 40year old Graupner glider-modell "Nancy" She never flew good, but now after repair, with my aviation knowledge, coming from our common hobby, it does so well now. Waiting on TF 5.0 has also good aspects:D
cheers,
TG

Talisman
May-28-2016, 15:56
Thanks for posting Buzz. Good luck and big salute to TF :salute:

Happy landings,

Talisman

RAF74_Buzzsaw
May-28-2016, 17:03
So March 2014 (TF4.3) to May 2016 = 2/3rds of TF5. Likely maths based prediction for TF5 then would be autumn 2017, without taking into account beta testing and any unforeseen problems etc which may or may not be represented in Buzzsaw's "2/3rd" statement.

Not the case, your schedule is not accurate... work completed to date does not correlate 1-1 with time spent.

Much of the time spent by TF has been in decrypting the game and learning how to do things, once that knowledge is there, work progresses much faster.

Uwe
May-28-2016, 20:24
Quality takes time or money.
As this is free, it must be expected to take a lot of time.
I'm patient, thanks so much for all the hard work guys.

ATAG_TCP
May-28-2016, 20:55
Keep up the excellent work guys, we all really appreciate it. The work that has been done so far is frankly amazing, it's as good as the original production team ;).

Mudcat
May-29-2016, 00:38

Was my understanding that the turret could be faced forward and the gunner could transfer firing controls to the pilot. If you really wanted to engage in such madness :goofy

Best wishes to those who have had medical issues, hope all is well. RL is always the most important. :salute:

SoW Reddog
May-29-2016, 04:54
Not the case, your schedule is not accurate... work completed to date does not correlate 1-1 with time spent.

Much of the time spent by TF has been in decrypting the game and learning how to do things, once that knowledge is there, work progresses much faster.

Well of course my schedule was not accurate, I have only the info you have given to work from and was "back of a fag packet" in nature.

Fact is if you don't give an estimate yourself, it's logical that we will come up with our own however inaccurate. I very much look forward to being completely wrong. ;)

TheDutchDevil
May-29-2016, 08:25
Shame on the setbacks, can't wait to see what 5.0 will be like! :D

VII.Racetrack
May-29-2016, 08:50
As I said months ago... I'll keep on playing ONLY Clod and no other WWII flying combat sims at least until the TF 5.0 release date. Then the work done will tell itself if the time spent waiting as paid off :)

Chivas
May-29-2016, 14:16
Its almost impossible to put a timetable on these complex sims, even for large professional development teams, let alone a group of dedicated talented part-timers. There are just to many variables.
I'm just glad Team Fusion still has the drive to continue. Not to mention that COD is probably the best suited flight sim in terms of its FPS optimizations, to allow for a decent VR implementation, which is the future of the genre.

Erpr.Gr.210_Mölders
May-30-2016, 07:07
Keep up the good work! We will wait all the time that will be needed! Good jobs requires long development! ;)

\Hawk/
May-30-2016, 11:54
:)Thank you TF for sticking with it. This is the' Game and we'll be here no matter how long! Thanks for the dedication and effort.
Get well to the humans and the PCs.

Thumbs UP always!!:salute:

priller26
May-31-2016, 02:32

Sorry to hear the bad news, and hope those with family and medical issues are doing better. I realize that those doing this are giving their own time and energy, so its done when its done, and hats off to those taking the time to make the game great! I remember the last update in March 2014, was on pins and needles in Vienna...fortunately, as mentioned above, once bitten twice shy, so I'll just check back say..next summer! Good Luck!

7./JG26_SMOKEJUMPER
May-31-2016, 03:46
Well of course my schedule was not accurate, I have only the info you have given to work from and was "back of a fag packet" in nature.

Fact is if you don't give an estimate yourself, it's logical that we will come up with our own however inaccurate. I very much look forward to being completely wrong. ;)

I hope you're wrong too. I'm really looking forward to this.

I'd like to see what campaign you would come up with if you do another.

Chivas had a good post. I'm relatively new to flight smming but I bought all these DCS WWII aircraft on %75 off sale. Not flown one a single sortie. Been waiting well over a year for paid professionals to finish the project I pitched funds in on.

Good luck Buzz and TF crew. Life never goes as expected you'll see it done we know it.

Or else................... :(

Barone
May-31-2016, 10:25
I know that I will be unpopular... I'm sorry for that...
But wing-vortex? Come on guys... Who need that? Don't you think that there are much more important things?
Don't take it bad... It's just a consideration.

ATAG_Snapper
May-31-2016, 10:41
But wing-vortex? Come on guys... Who need that? Don't you think that there are much more important things?

As Team Fusion has explained here many times, different Team Fusion members do different things. For instance, the fellows who look after bug fixing DO NOT do the eye candy stuff. Whoever looks after the beautiful imagery like the wing vortices is not, repeat, IS NOT slowing down or interfering with those who are working on coding or other aircraft. I'm not on Team Fusion and I don't have any inside information whatsoever. I get the same information and updates as everyone else. I can understand this simple aspect that different Team Fusion members work on totally different stuff that has NOTHING to do with what others are doing.

I appreciate whatever bits of info come out of Team Fusion, be it here or on the Team Fusion Facebook page. I think the tweaked vortices look great. :thumbsup:

Barone
May-31-2016, 10:58
is not, repeat, IS NOT slowing down or interfering with those who are working on coding or other aircraft

Ok, hope so.

ATAG_Bliss
May-31-2016, 11:16
https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/736x/31/16/43/311643ba5160cf17248cf0312b3a11a1.jpg

Barone
May-31-2016, 11:37
https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/736x/31/16/43/311643ba5160cf17248cf0312b3a11a1.jpg

So that's mean I can't say an opinion? That's how a forum works?
I like to think myself as an honest person. I prefer to say what I think instead of doing doubleface like some other people do... In this year of playing clod online I saw tons of people who came here and says "oh good job TF keep up!" and then why you talk to them separately they say "yeah but I want TF now, they are slow, blablabla gnegnegne".

I say thank TF for keep updating Clod. I say thank TF for working on it on your free time, and I perfectly understand that working on it could be a long work.
But I think that I can expect a sort of dialogue in a forum. Probably I used bad words? Sorry for that, write a post is quite different than speaking in front each others. And the fact that I'm not native doesn't help probably.

s! :)

♣_Spiritus_♣
May-31-2016, 11:39
As Team Fusion has explained here many times, different Team Fusion members do different things. For instance, the fellows who look after bug fixing DO NOT do the eye candy stuff. Whoever looks after the beautiful imagery like the wing vortices is not, repeat, IS NOT slowing down or interfering with those who are working on coding or other aircraft. I'm not on Team Fusion and I don't have any inside information whatsoever. I get the same information and updates as everyone else. I can understand this simple aspect that different Team Fusion members work on totally different stuff that has NOTHING to do with what others are doing.

This. What might seem like project creep to some is simply just some members going beyond what was planned because they can't help anywhere else.

If I finished the Martlet and no other modelers need help, I'd probably start on a new aircraft for a future patch because I would be of zero help to the other departments.

:thumbsup:

ATAG_Bliss
May-31-2016, 11:44

The problem is you assume too much. The other problem is that you actually think you know more about the work being done than the people doing the work itself. Both of those cause you to have criticisms on stuff you know nothing about. You're not the only one. If any such person questioning the methods of TF actually had the skills to mod the game, then they would have their own mods. But the reality is they don't have the skills, nor do they have the ability to even think about taking on such an undertaking in the 1st place.

Questioning someone's work method, especially when you know nothing involved with the work itself is downright silly. And if you do know how to do the work, TF has been waiting for you to release your own patch for several years now. Thus far, TF has released the only patch/mod to the sim. When you figure out why that is, then you realize the peanut gallery is nothing more than that.

If you don't think TF don't want the patch released ASAP, then you are kidding yourself. Also, as explained in the OP and many times before, people are doing this work on their free time. This is 10's of 1000's of hours of work for years on end.

There have been health issues, deaths in the family, you name it, with regards to TF members. You'll have to excuse them for not abiding by you or anyone else's demands. They know what they need to do, and again, are the people actually DOING the work to begin with. I might just go out on a limb here, but since they have already released something like 5 patches since the abandonment of the game (the only group that has), maybe just try and have a little trust in the fact they actually know what they are doing in the 1st place.

Barone
May-31-2016, 11:56
The problem is you assume too much. The other problem is that you actually think you know more about the work being done than the people doing the work itself. Both of those cause you to have criticisms on stuff you know nothing about. You're not the only one. If any such person questioning the methods of TF actually had the skills to mod the game, then they would have their own mods. But the reality is they don't have the skills, nor do they have the ability to even think about taking on such an undertaking in the 1st place.

Questioning someone's work method, especially when you know nothing involved with the work itself is downright silly. And if you do know how to do the work, TF has been waiting for you to release your own patch for several years now. Thus far, TF has released the only patch/mod to the sim. When you figure out why that is, then you realize the peanut gallery is nothing more than that.

If you don't think TF don't want the patch released ASAP, then you are kidding yourself. Also, as explained in the OP and many times before, people are doing this work on their free time. This is 10's of 1000's of hours of work for years on end.

There have been health issues, deaths in the family, you name it, with regards to TF members. You'll have to excuse them for not abiding by you or anyone else's demands. They know what they need to do, and again, are the people actually DOING the work to begin with. I might just go out on a limb here, but since they have already released something like 5 patches since the abandonment of the game (the only group that has), maybe just try and have a little trust in the fact they actually know what they are doing in the 1st place.

See bliss... I just exposed one consideration to talk about it since this is a forum, as I said before
Probably I used bad words? Sorry for that, write a post is quite different than speaking in front each others. And the fact that I'm not native doesn't help probably.
Don't know why this community is so close in suggestion and dialogue, but I'll accept that. It's not a problem.
But I didn't offence none since it wasn't my intention. I can garantee you that. If you want to talk about it you can MP me not a problem. Or better have a conversation on TS.
P.s. I do not need further explanation on "vortex" topic since TF answer me on FB.

best regards :)

ATAG_Bliss
May-31-2016, 12:07
See bliss... I just exposed one consideration to talk about it since this is a forum, as I said before

But this has been talked about 1000 times before. It shouldn't have to be explained over and over again.

Don't know why this community is so close in suggestion and dialogue, but I'll accept that. It's not a problem.

Nothing is "close" in suggestion or dialogue at all. Just be prepared for your opinion to be disregarded by actual facts instead.

You can have any opinion you like, but that doesn't mean it's based anywhere on reality or facts. Do you think TF should spend time answering every opinion there is? There are even people out there that think that TF has magical tools that allow them to do all the work they do, and that these "magical tools" should be given to the rest of the community for community collaboration.

You know what the magical tools are??? The game (Clod) installed on your hard drive. That is it. You either know how to do it or you don't. Releasing someone's work for public consumption doesn't magically make you able to program/mod or w/e. That's the just the reality of the situation, regardless of whose ever opinion thinks differently.

But I didn't offence none since it wasn't my intention. I can garantee you that. If you want to talk about it you can MP me not a problem. Or better have a conversation on TS.
P.s. I do not need further explanation on the topic since TF answer me on FB.

best regards :)

Don't worry, I took no offense at all. I just wanted to give you facts based on reality instead of opinions based on assumptions.

Barone
May-31-2016, 12:17
There are even people out there that think that TF has magical tools that allow them to do all the work they do, and that these "magical tools" should be given to the rest of the community for community collaboration.

You know what the magical tools are??? The game (Clod) installed on your hard drive. That is it. You either know how to do it or you don't. Releasing someone's work for public consumption doesn't magically make you able to program/mod or w/e. That's the just the reality of the situation, regardless of whose ever opinion thinks differently.

Sorry Bliss but I didn't say or talked about nothing that you are saying... So don't understand what all this how this is related with my post.

Nothing is "close" in suggestion or dialogue at all.

Really? So why if I open a "suggestion/pour parlè" post another is opened only to minimize mine??

Don't want to go on on this 3D since we are going really OT. If you want we can continue on MP or on other public 3D or on TS or whatever you prefer.
As said I'm sorry if someone take bad my post. Wasn't my intention to offence somebody.

hope this could be just a misunderstanding. See you on the skies! :)

ATAG_Colander
May-31-2016, 12:36
I'll just say this...

[RANT ON]
TF members are using their personal time to work on the MOD. Because of this...
If a TF member wants to work on making a plane pink even if it never makes it to the MOD, is his/her right to do so. It's his/her time.
If a TF member wants ignore negative comments about what/how/when he's doing X, is his/her right to do so.
If a TF member does not want ignore negative comments about what/how/when he's doing X, is his/her right to do so.
If a TF member wants to stop working, is his/her right to do so. It's his/her time.

It is worth noting that "personal time" can range from 168 to 0 hours a week.
Also, the energy and/or willingness to work on the MOD can range from 168 to 0 hours a week.
Then, work on the mod is performed when there is an overlap between "personal time" available and "willingness/energy" time.

Sometimes the above overlap yields a big number of hours and a lot of progress is made. Other times there is no overlap hence no work done.

Even when the overlap yields a big number of hours and progress is made, not all progress is reportable in an update. For example, if I say "during last month the way the projection matrix is calculated in the game was understood", that is something no one will care about even if it took a month to achieve. Most of the "nice" updates are always in the form of an image or video, other updates are just ignored.

Because of the above, the answer to those that complain, demand and criticize TF (in this forum or otherwise) is simply:
Use your time, energy and knowledge instead. TF members do not owe you anything, being it time, energy, knowledge or work so far.

TF members work on the MOD because they like to do so and complaints, demands and criticism only helps in making them like it less and less.

[RANT OFF]

On the other hand, a big thanks to all those that have the patience, understand, and support TF as the team is working for you :salute:

ATAG_Bliss
May-31-2016, 12:41
Sorry Bliss but I didn't say or talked about nothing that you are saying... So don't understand what all this how this is related with my post.

Yes you did. You criticized a certain part of the mod and you thought time was better spent elsewhere, and that is because you are under the assumption that one part of the mod being done by person A could possibly make another "more important" in your eyes, part of the mod move along slowly. I simply explained that was not the case. I did so by laying out facts and realities of the people working on the mod and the mod itself.

Really? So why if I open a "suggestion/pour parlè" post another is opened only to minimize mine??

Nothing was done to "minimize" your post other than to show you are wrong. Nothing more. If you post opinions with no basis on reality, expect others to post facts to either show you your opinion is correct or not. In this case, it was not.

Don't want to go on on this 3D since we are going really OT. If you want we can continue on MP or on other public 3D or on TS or whatever you prefer.
As said I'm sorry if someone take bad my post. Wasn't my intention to offence somebody.

hope this could be just a misunderstanding. See you on the skies! :)

As stated again, you haven't offended me. I simply posted facts based on the realities of the situation. My apologies if you were under the assumption that things worked how your opinions thought they did. They do not.

Barone
May-31-2016, 12:54
Nothing was done to "minimize" your post other than to show you are wrong. Nothing more. If you post opinions with no basis on reality, expect others to post facts to either show you your opinion is correct or not. In this case, it was not.

I was obviously not referring to this post
As said, done for me in this post. If you want to go on please PM me.

ATAG_Bliss
May-31-2016, 12:58
I was obviously not referring to this post
As said, done for me in this post. If you want to go on please PM me.

Then what post are your referring to? We don't need to go to PM at all. If you think there is a problem with the forum, by all means, I, nor any other ATAG member, has anything to hide. By all means, feel free to explain yourself.

Barone
May-31-2016, 13:09
Then what post are your referring to? We don't need to go to PM at all. If you think there is a problem with the forum, by all means, I, nor any other ATAG member, has anything to hide. By all means, feel free to explain yourself.

I know that you haven't anything to hide. I suggested the MP, another public 3D or other ways just not to get this 3D dirty with OT things.
But if you want to get it all here...
I was referring to this posts:

http://theairtacticalassaultgroup.com/forum/showthread.php?t=21914
http://theairtacticalassaultgroup.com/forum/showthread.php?t=21975

Got nothing with Lewis, but still don't get the point on open a nosense 3D, just to do some humor, is that humor :-P? For me this is an example of community not opened to dialogue. But as said, It's not a problem. I accept that. Next time I'll have suggestion for the server, or try to offer some ideas I'll keep them for my self.

Np with you guys. But since you asked me to post facts. I've done it.

Again hope to see you in server :)

ATAG_Bliss
May-31-2016, 13:16
I know that you haven't anything to hide. I suggested the MP, another public 3D or other ways just not to get this 3D dirty with OT things.
But if you want to get it all here...
I was referring to this posts:

http://theairtacticalassaultgroup.com/forum/showthread.php?t=21914
http://theairtacticalassaultgroup.com/forum/showthread.php?t=21975

Got nothing with Lewis, but still don't get the point on open a nosense 3D, just to do some humor, is that humor :-P? For me this is an example of community not opened to dialogue. But as said, It's not a problem. I accept that. Next time I'll have suggestion for the server, or try to offer some ideas I'll keep them for my self.

Np with you guys. But since you asked me to post facts. I've done it.

Again hope to see you in server :)

So you feel you were minimized because someone doesn't agree with your opinion? All I see is Lewis posting a thread with an opinion exactly opposite of yours. I believe that's his right to still enjoy the game as is yours to be bored of it. I'm not sure I know why you feel you are being "minimized" because of it though. Just because someone doesn't share your opinion does not mean they are trying to attack or minimize you. They simple don't share the same opinion.

Barone
May-31-2016, 13:21
For me one things is don't agree to an opinion, and why not discuss about it. Like others people did on the 3D.
Another is open a nonsense post just for humor.

Seems we are on different planet... NP mate. For me friend as before. :)

ATAG_Bliss
May-31-2016, 13:23
For me one things is don't agree to an opinion. Another is open a nonsense post just for humor.

Seems we are on different planet... NP mate. For me friend as before. :)

I didn't find the post non-sense at all. I'm sorry you are reading the post into anything other than the words that are actually written. It looks like Lewis still enjoys the game and made a post saying just that. My apologies you take it for anything other than the actual words written. That sounds to be your problem and not a problem of Lewis.

Mad G
May-31-2016, 13:50
I´m a 63 yo WWII aviation fan (my father was a second-lieutenant pilot in Brazilian Air Force 1943-45).

In 2004 when I discovered IL2 Forgotten Battles, I went nuts! Flying those aircraft models that I´d built as plastic modeller in my youth, wow! Still fly it, sure modded.

When IL2 Cliffs of Dover was released in 2011 I bought the Collector´s Edition and...what a disappointment!!! Just put aside this sim, so bad it was, soo bad.. although great IQ and nice and promising features.

By a chance I got to this site by late 2014, reinstall CloD and TF 4.3 and ...Wooowwwwww!! What a f...... improvement! :) For free!!:stunned:

Thank you guys modders!!

Take your time, enjoy life, and TF 5.0 will be released when it´s time to be released.

Thank you again!

thee_oddball
May-31-2016, 14:29
FWIW I have a XFX 6790 card that I would be happy to donate.

S!

Incog
May-31-2016, 14:30
You guys are the best. ^_^

You guys are doing game developer work for free, on your own free time, for the rest of the community. It cannot be understated the amount of devotion it takes to undertake such a task and stick to it. Which is what you guys have done.

My sincere thanks that you guys are doing all of this.

I would also hope that the Team Fusion members have the time and energy to sort out their end of things. I wish them all good health, a happy family- anything else that would make a TF member happy. You guys absolutely deserve it!

7./JG26_SMOKEJUMPER
May-31-2016, 14:32
I think it's just the word choice Bliss. Comes of rather more abrasive perhaps then needed?

I didn't like his post much either and understand your position very well but perhaps for the sake of community it could be said different?

I thought Barone handled himself rather gentlemanly after the negative opinion you where able to correct. After your first response that courtesy should be returned.

Good luck with your work. I appreciate you guys volunteering your time. I am pushing 1300 hours now in a year and a half because of your efforts as a team.

1300 hours for a $10 game is damn good value.

Marmus
May-31-2016, 14:42
Two weeks! Awesome!

ATAG_Bliss
May-31-2016, 14:57
I think it's just the word choice Bliss. Comes of rather more abrasive perhaps then needed?

I didn't like his post much either and understand your position very well but perhaps for the sake of community it could be said different?

I thought Barone handled himself rather gentlemanly after the negative opinion you where able to correct. After your first response that courtesy should be returned.

Good luck with your work. I appreciate you guys volunteering your time. I am pushing 1300 hours now in a year and a half because of your efforts as a team.

1300 hours for a $10 game is damn good value.

I don't see pointing out facts as being abrasive at all. It's just simply the truth based on the reality and facts of the situation. I shouldn't need to sugar coat it. And if you are thinking I'm attacking Barone or anyone else, I suggest reading what I wrote again. I don't need to use emojis to have a conversation. If the brutally honest truth is what it takes for one person to understand, maybe others can as well.

Ekko
May-31-2016, 16:57
Thank you TF

Thank you Buzz

Take All The Time You Need To Make Big 5 Come Alive Gents!!.:iloveu:

Mysticpuma
Jun-01-2016, 03:06
All I'll add is that we get the frustration of the community. We are the community too but we also stepped forward and volunteered our time to fix, improve and add to this great Sim.
We don't have the Source Code like TD have for IL2:1946, we are having to build all our own tools to understand, breakdown and rebuild what is broken....where possible.
On top of that at-least a hundred volunteers have joined and left TF some having created great features others looked at what was required and just vanished without offering anything.

There is and has been a core of TF members from the start who have worked endlessly on fixing what they can. Others who have joined have also become part of that long-term group and made huge impacts. Just see the Wellington, Beaufighter and Martlet work as examples.

All of the features that have been shown in updates are all listed as WiP and that's exactly what they are.

If we have to release v5.00 with some features missing or aircraft nit included, then we will. We don't intend to do this but we are well aware of the community wanting to get their hands on the new features, new theatre, new map(s?), fixes, bug fixes, textures, etc, etc.

We are realistic with our expectations but we are a very small group of enthusiasts who have seen promises made by people joining who have then not delivered and vanished off the radar. Some of their work has been used in updates and we have to decide whether to invest time completing the work they started or continuing the work already underway being done, finish it, release the patch and then reassess whether to move forward with a new theatre, new aircraft, new fixes...or step back and look at the unfinished work that was begun by those in/out TF members.

This is not in any way a criticism of those who joined and left. We CONSTANTLY stress this is all about working on the mod in our free time as and when possible. Some members of the community have joined, realised the size of the task and then left. Others have joined, created work but then moved on to other projects. It's their life. They aren't on a contract, we aren't paid, they have volunteered....and then decided to invest their time elsewhere.
It happens....but sometimes we get a new member who is able and willing to invest the time for the our community and the results are going to benefit us all.
I wish I could name names but with such a small team it would be unfair.
I would point out that one of our guys involved in 3D work has an incredible talent for understanding the coding and scripting and his work is the foundation to the import/export of all the new aircraft and cockpits. That knowledge is being passed on but it just goes to show that without his skill, the teaching and learning by others would be seriously hindered. I look at him as a true genius but there are so many others with so many different skill sets.

We are a very small unpaid team of enthusiasts. We understand the expectation, we also want to take a break and enjoy the results of our years of work but if we don't say anything then there is fear, worry and lack of transparency and the community wobbles and complains. If we do.say something (like this thread) we can rub people up the wrong way and cause irritation at the delays.

All I can say is we are invested in this, we have no intention of not releasing v5.00 but once we do we will have all the tools available to us to create further updates much quicker.

We are all sorry for the delay but we all want v5.00 to be as good as we can get it. We appreciate the replies of those who understand and understand the frustration of those who feel a little ruffled.

All I'll say as a final quote:

"Good things come to those who wait"

Cheers, MP

Oersted
Jun-01-2016, 16:35
In the original post health issues among TF members were mentioned. I am somewhat surprised by the many replies in this thread that contain no "get well" messages.

So, first and foremost, best wishes for good health to those affected! - Health and family are primordial.

Second, to all you guys (and girls?) working for TF: No hurry! - CoD is great and it will remain great until v5.0 comes out, whenever it comes out.

Also, any delays will surely give Colander more time to work on implementing VR, so... - Win-win! Woohoo!

Thanks to Buzzsaw, Bliss, Colander, Mysticpuma and others representing TF and ATAG for your posts in here. Don't get frustrated by a few tunnel-vision replies from those who don't realise that real people with real lives are working for TF. Just remember the old adage: "Work carries its own reward"... :D

Continu0
Jun-02-2016, 07:25
In the original post health issues among TF members were mentioned. I am somewhat surprised by the many replies in this thread that contain no "get well" messages.

You are absolutely right about this. I am a bit late, but yes, the most important thing is: Get well soon! Patches can wait, your health can absolutely not!

Thank you Team Fusion!

VII.Racetrack
Jun-02-2016, 09:07
I don't understand this too, too much time to wait indeed...
But I would argue if I had to pay something, but I didn't and I honestly take what I can in silence.

I can repeat this without offending nobody...

Do you think TF is taking too much time?

GOOD! Pick Up the softwares and start doing something.

Do you think TF is sleeping on release date?

Do you think TF is taking to much time to fix known bugs?

http://www.metalinjection.net/wp-content/uploads/2014/02/meshuggah-face-of-wall-street.jpg

7./JG26_SMOKEJUMPER
Jun-02-2016, 11:44
I don't see pointing out facts as being abrasive at all. It's just simply the truth based on the reality and facts of the situation. I shouldn't need to sugar coat it. And if you are thinking I'm attacking Barone or anyone else, I suggest reading what I wrote again. I don't need to use emojis to have a conversation. If the brutally honest truth is what it takes for one person to understand, maybe others can as well.

Just because you don't see it doesn't make what I said untrue. You have a negative reputation and I learnt of it very early on long before involvement with my current group. I've had no teamspeak interaction with you and this is our first real conversation in over a year of community interactions. I just hate backstabbing so wanted to be honest with what I was warned.

I have no issue with TF or you and I have angrily defended you guys earning a ban warning for having a crack at Mastiff baiting TF. I am a fervent TF supporter one might even call me a fanboi and not be wrong.

I did indeed re-read your posts just now. You can still be right while extending courtesy and written in something looking like you have manners.

Not perfect myself but I am also not representing years of hard work put in by many people like you are.

Take your time, take care of your family do all the real life things you need. We will enjoy it when it comes out but by being nice to each other when you are finished we will have a larger pool of players.

Let us not make this like the Battle of Stalingrad community which is bloody toxic from the top down.

Thanks for your time take it as you want.

ATAG_Bliss
Jun-02-2016, 13:10
Just because you don't see it doesn't make what I said untrue. You have a negative reputation and I learnt of it very early on long before involvement with my current group. I've had no teamspeak interaction with you and this is our first real conversation in over a year of community interactions. I just hate backstabbing so wanted to be honest with what I was warned.

I don't have a negative reputation at all. Look at this forum, or any other thing I've started here. I do have a reputation and will openly admit that I do not put up with bullshit. Your fearless leader Osprey, bashed ATAG at every single chance he got out of sheer jealousy.. Of course when he came and did it in our own house, I happily return the favor. I have done more for the Cliffs of Dover than you will ever know. Had countless contests. Given away thousands of dollars worth of free merchandise etc., all in efforts to spark an ever lasting community. My reputation is just fine.

The fact of the matter is you don't know me at all, and if the only people you get your information from is those that are such weak people the only thing they can do is bash people behind their backs, then kudos to you for drinking their koolaid. Anyone that actually knows me, knows exactly the type of person I am. We have several members in ATAG that used to be part of ACG. And every single one of them says the same shit about Osprey's/Kunt's (w/e name he hides behind now) absolute full on ATAG bashing. It's so childish it's unbelievable. You can kindly tell him he can grow up anytime he wants.

And the next time you try to bash someone else, let alone a stunt of character assassination here, you'll find yourself gone as well.

9./JG26_Brigg
Jun-02-2016, 13:25
don't rush guys it guys! if its worth doing then its worth doing properly and we will have to wait.

Thx for all your dedication and hard work.

BOO
Jun-02-2016, 14:13
i picked up this game for £6.00 and all the good stuff came for free.

find me anything else that offers the same deal.....

BOO

9./JG52 Mindle
Jun-02-2016, 14:43
I will quote my friend and erstwhile Oracle ATAG Dave...

"I can't believe we can play this game every day for free! It's incredible!"

Yes it is. All thanks to the TF volunteers who put so much work in for our pleasure.

Free. Gratis.

Working miracles in the background.

We are very very lucky people indeed!

Roland
Jun-02-2016, 14:58
Good work for changes so far. Hoping work continue but no game worth bad heatlh or family trouble. Better end work than have that if does keep going then wait will be worth what we get be sure.

My hope is for fix AI and weather with no bad fps drop. New map too. If game can be crack more I think this will wait for. Clever work much past my poor computer skills.

Good luck TF and good heatlh for those with trouble.

Oersted
Jun-02-2016, 16:30
I will quote my friend and erstwhile Oracle ATAG Dave...

"I can't believe we can play this game every day for free! It's incredible!"

Yes it is. All thanks to the TF volunteers who put so much work in for our pleasure.

Free. Gratis.

Working miracles in the background.

We are very very lucky people indeed!

True to a large extent, but remember it isn't free to run, so chip in and help out a bit with server costs, the link is on the front page to give back a little!

9./JG52 Mindle
Jun-02-2016, 16:34
True to a large extent, but remember it isn't free to run, so chip in and help out a bit with server costs, the link is on the front page to give back a little!

I have contributed every month since I started playing 3 years ago and as a former ATAG member contribute then and now by helping new players who come to this sim and server.

You maybe should have checked the list of contributors before making that statement.

7./JG26_SMOKEJUMPER
Jun-02-2016, 16:37
I had a running donation for months actually.

ATAG_Snapper
Jun-02-2016, 17:37
Must be a full moon tonight. This thread has gone way off topic. Thread closed.

Re donations: any and all donations are greatly appreciated towards keeping this operation running. Everyone's circumstances are different. Many members help newbies get started, others contribute info on this forum, still others just play on the server and have a great time. It's all good. :thumbsup: No expectations!