PDA

View Full Version : Teamspeak and Headtracking Don't Go Along Well

BluesAdam
May-30-2016, 12:30
Hi everyone,

I bought CloD a couple of months ago and finally decided to give it a go. Since the last few days I've been learning the basics. Finally felt like it was the time to join the team and play together so I joined the teamspeak channel. The problem is, if teamspeak is opened, the headtracking software (opentrack) stops working every couple of minutes. I alt + tab and what I see are the three dots but they are not moving at all. If I try to stop and start opentrack again, software stops responding.

If I quit teamspeak, everything works flawlessly. There are no shortcuts that intervene each other. I only use Home key to center headtracking. Has anyone had any problem similar to mine? I really like to join you guys but this is really killing all the fun for me.

Thanks for all the help in advance.

Barone
May-30-2016, 12:34
I don't use open track since it give me some problem with the zoom. I instead using facetracknoir with the point tracker mode and Acela filter. Works fine for me even with ts.

Inviato dal mio GT-I9300 utilizzando Tapatalk

BluesAdam
May-30-2016, 12:38
I don't use open track since it give me some problem with the zoom. I instead using facetracknoir with the point tracker mode and Acela filter. Works fine for me even with ts.

I used to use facetracknoir, however, because of the facetracknoir developer's health issues, it is now a paid product. I would actually pay for it, but opentrack really works way better for me (accelafilter and other options are way more in-depth). Anyway, the only shortcut in TS3 is "Caps Lock" used for push to talk, there is nothing else so it shouldn't cause a problem but unfortunately it does.

Thanks for the answer though ;)

Barone
May-30-2016, 13:10
Didn't know about facetrack v2. I still use 1.7

BluesAdam
May-30-2016, 14:10
I think I have narrowed down the problem. If I manually join teamspeak server by typing in the ip, it works great. If I join using the button on the website that automatically launches teamspeak and everything, this problem happens. At the first time, I joined via that button on the website. I can say that the problem is solved. If anyone else faces this problem, try this and hope it helps you too ;)

Vlerkies
May-30-2016, 14:33
I think I have narrowed down the problem. If I manually join teamspeak server by typing in the ip, it works great. If I join using the button on the website that automatically launches teamspeak and everything, this problem happens. At the first time, I joined via that button on the website. I can say that the problem is solved. If anyone else faces this problem, try this and hope it helps you too ;)

Maybe just save the ts server in ts as a bookmark for future use.

In flightsimming 101 a lot of stuff seems to work better in a certain sequence.

Barone
May-30-2016, 17:09
For curiosity I tried to use OT with ts. No problem at all... Don't know... Happy you solved! :)

BluesAdam
May-30-2016, 18:24
Maybe just save the ts server in ts as a bookmark for future use.

In flightsimming 101 a lot of stuff seems to work better in a certain sequence.

Yeah, I just clicked the button in hopes that it would just show the ip address and when it automatically started ts3 and joined, I just let it be :) Manually joining fixes everything. Thanks a lot ;)