http://forum.1cpublishing.eu/showthread.php?t=34902

Patch download mirrors:

INTL:
http://www.filesend.net/download.php...edc9eb0e1899e0

RU:
http://speedy.sh/T6zPS/IL2COD-20332-ru.rar

(344 Mb)

Please help us with mirrors!

Please note that this version is incompatible with previous versions when playing online.

Please download the file and extract the archives to your steam game directory, which is usually
C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\il-2 sturmovik cliffs of dover

This patch contains the entire contents of RC1 + hotfix, so its readme applies as well.

Readme for the latest version:

AIRCRAFT

- RAF engines no longer stop at idle;

- Made corrections to rough running on non warmed Merlin engines. Engines still require to be warmed up and wont work properly when too cold.
Please note that engines still start with oil and water at colder temperatures. With Hurricanes, please keep throttle back until the temperature is at least 45 degrees C (takes about 50 seconds after start at external temperature of +20 C);

- Corrected Hurricane boost indications. Previously shown +5.5Lbs Boost with full throttle, now properly displays +6.25 from Ground level all the way up to Full Throttle height;

- Fixed issue that occasionally caused planes with landing gear raised to still show it in the down position;

- Corrected Hurricane weights. Please note that in-game weights are slightly different from those used in RAF documents, especially what the game calls empty weight. Our fuel is also slightly heavier. The weights in-game have been further finetuned to match desired performance;

- Corrected Hurricane 1 100-Oct Mixture lever operation. It no longer requires Mixture lever Forward to maintain smooth engine operation with Boost Cut out activated. Mixture Lever should now be properly held Back for Boost Cut Out operation;

- Corrected SPIT MK IA 100-Oct Mixture Lever operation;

- Corrected rough running on Merlin engines above 11,000 ft;

- Corrected Bf.109E-4 auto prop pitch operations. Max RPM target should now be the proper 2400 RPM;

- Corrected control surface angles on the Hurricanes according to historical documents;

- Added drag to canopies opened in-flight on all aircraft;

- Greatly increased the effects of punctured radiators on engine temperature to make the effect more noticeable;

- Corrected radiator drag on the Bf.109s;

- Corrected weights on Fiat G.50;

- Corrected boost operations on British engines;

- Fixed the inaudible hit sounds online bug;

- Made corrections to Su-26 flight model. The plane is now less helicopter-like on take-off;

- Corrected skid ball on the Su-26 to work in the proper direction;

- Corrected the RPM indicator operation on the Su-26;

- Fixed Su-26 landing gear position when on the ground;

- Fixed the issue that occasionally caused never-ending Stuka horns online;

- Corrected external exhaust lights that could erroneously be seen from the cockpit;

- Corrected issue with the display of vapor trails;

- Restored AOA-based tip streamers.

GRAPHICS & MISC

- Added racing pylon models for air races. Wed like to thank Rasim Mullahmetov for supplying the model!
NOTE: Hitting a pylon will not currently damage the aircraft. However it will create a special OnStationaryKilled event that servers or mission designers can use to track mission points;

- Corrected Z_Offset parameter in online missions. Mission objects will now properly offset based on mission designers input;

- Corrected radio beacon code online;

- Fixed rare crashes connected to improper Road or LinearObjectManager usage in custom missions.

Note about NVidia SLI:

The patch must go through official NVidia accreditation for SLI support to be officially enabled in drivers. The patch will only go through the process once its officially released on steam.

If you wish to bypass this process and manually enable SLI support, please go through the following steps:

1) Download a profiler utility, for example
http://nvworld.ru/utilities/sliprofiletool/

2) Export SLI profiles to a file

3) Manually edit the file by adding the following lines
Code:
Profile "Il2: Cliffs of Dover"
ShowOn GeForce
ProfileType Application
Executable " il-2 sturmovik cliffs of dover/Launcher.exe"
Setting ID_0x00a06946 = 0x000240f5
Setting ID_0x1033cec1 = 0x00000001
Setting ID_0x1033cec2 = 0x00000002
Setting ID_0x1033dcd2 = 0x00000004
Setting ID_0x1033dcd3 = 0x00000004
Setting ID_0x1095def8 = 0x00000004
EndProfile
4) Re-import the file

5) Fly!

IMPORTANT: Please note that
Executable " il-2 sturmovik cliffs of dover/Launcher.exe"
must point to the actual location of the games executable. If you have installed the game to a different folder, please edit the line accordingly.

Recoilfx
Oct-12-2012, 10:02
Looks like they've fixed a lot things for the reds! Go reds! :)

And open canopy drag is in!!! Go blues! :)

Hopefully the game play is more balanced now!

III./ZG76_Keller
Oct-12-2012, 10:12
Wow, sounds like a great patch!

ATAG_Snapper
Oct-12-2012, 10:13
Looks like they've fixed a lot things for the reds! Go reds! :)

And open canopy drag is in!!! Go blues! :)

Hopefully the game play is more balanced now!

+1

Well said! :thumbsup:

III./ZG76_Keller
Oct-12-2012, 10:19
It's about time they squashed that "gear down" bug.

ATAG_Deacon
Oct-12-2012, 10:24
+1

Well said! :thumbsup:

+1

If anyone figures out exactly how to get SLI working with this patch, would you kindly post step by step instructions...I'm not the most 'puter literate individual in the world. :recon:

Will try to get on later tonight and give it a go, but very excited about this patch!!! :thumbsup:

ATAG_Snapper
Oct-12-2012, 10:39
It's about time they squashed that "gear down" bug.

+1

It was unfair since it made it easier for Reds to positively identify you from behind. I found it a bit of an immersion killer. It means both sides will have to be more careful before opening fire, but I'm glad it's fixed.

The same goes for extra drag on open canopies; I'm glad that's fixed, too.

ATAG_Colander
Oct-12-2012, 10:56

+1 but I'm afraid you will still be able to hear the plane coming. I'm not sure how realistic that is but I would guess your own engine sound being 6 feet from you should muffle and engine 600 feet away

Dutch
Oct-12-2012, 10:57
Hmmm, ok. Here we go again. So it's restore integrity, clear cache, start game, download patch, install patch, defrag game files, start game, exit game, wait for server to be updated. Did I miss anything?

Hope this one is the one. The one we need. Kinda already worried about what's wrong this time. Let's see.

I might even wait a while for initial reports.

III./ZG76_Keller
Oct-12-2012, 10:58
+1

It was unfair since it made it easier for Reds to positively identify you from behind. I found it a bit of an immersion killer. It means both sides will have to be more careful before opening fire, but I'm glad it's fixed.

I'm not sure how unfair it was, I'd seen my share of "gear down" spits and hurris too. It also seemed to affect the twin engine aircraft more than the fighters. Glad it's gone!

It'll make combat footage prettier now too.

ATAG_Snapper
Oct-12-2012, 11:09
+1 but I'm afraid you will still be able to hear the plane coming. I'm not sure how realistic that is but I would guess your own engine sound being 6 feet from you should muffle and engine 600 feet away

Fair point, for aircraft not actively engaged in fighting some will still keep their canopies open, to be sure, despite the drag. Personally, I like to cruise at max speed since I'm actively searching out the enemy. I will be keeping my canopy closed for max sustained speed w/o overheating. Definitely canopy closed in combat, too, despite the extra side-to-side & rearward vision an open canopy gives. I want every bit of speed possible.

ATAG_Deacon
Oct-12-2012, 11:15
I want every bit of speed possible.

I need every bit of speed possible.

MOHAWK
Oct-12-2012, 11:28
Is there a way or Diff Link to download the patch without haveing to download and install ( IlividsetupV1 --805 kb ) first ???? , every time I try download the 344 mb patch , it forces the said 805kb download / install first ??? ---------- I just really hate installing unwanted files == New link please { if possible } ?...THANKS .....

Torric270
Oct-12-2012, 11:36
Is there a way or Diff Link to download the patch without haveing to download and install ( IlividsetupV1 --805 kb ) first ???? , every time I try download the 344 mb patch , it forces the said 805kb download / install first ??? ---------- I just really hate installing unwanted files == New link please { if possible } ?...THANKS .....

Click on the big download underneath upload your files here.

Some have added torrent also.

III./ZG76_Saipan
Oct-12-2012, 12:22
radio beacons? does that mean they are functioning?

MOHAWK
Oct-12-2012, 12:45
Thanks Torric270 : That dit it , I got the download , I got thrown off by the " upload here " link . I guess I fell for the oldest download link Trick in the book = ( click on the most obvious tab ) hope to have this installed and try out ATAG's Dunkirk mis this afternoon for the first time . =Thanks again...

Wolf
Oct-12-2012, 12:48
Nice of 1c and luthier to release patch 2 on my Birthday. hehehe

ATAG_Colander
Oct-12-2012, 12:49
Nice of 1c and luthier to release patch 2 on my Birthday. hehehe

So I guess you are
http://theairtacticalassaultgroup.com/forum/image.php?u=519&dateline=1345083099http://theairtacticalassaultgroup.com/forum/image.php?u=519&dateline=1345083099http://theairtacticalassaultgroup.com/forum/image.php?u=519&dateline=1345083099http://theairtacticalassaultgroup.com/forum/image.php?u=519&dateline=1345083099

:)

Ohms
Oct-12-2012, 13:28
That really does sound good. I have been enjoying the game much more lately after the last patch. The aircraft have been much better(red side) and this seams to be improving them slightly again.Really want to fly the Hurricane again, miss her.With that been said the pilot who see's first and has the energy should win no matter if blue or red. I think this is what we have all wanted from the start, each aircraft having it's own good points and bad but the pilot who really knows how to get the best out of it, thats why I fly. Salute to all

Ohmie

ATAG_Bliss
Oct-12-2012, 14:02
This sounds really good. Here's hoping we get some nice higher altitude combat.

ATAG_Headshot
Oct-12-2012, 14:36
I am extremely happy to see drag from open canopies and increased heat from blown radiators. That means hitting someone's radiators may actually do something now! Any idea what exactly they mean by fixed radiator drag on the 109? Did they increase it?

ChiefRedCloud
Oct-12-2012, 15:43
What to do IF you do not remember (which is MY case so often).

1. Open your STEAM

2. Go to the Library

3. Select IL2 Sturmovik Cliffs of Dover

4. Right click on this and a context menu will appear

5. Select Properties at the bottom

6. Now select Local Files from the tabs

7. Now select 'Varify Integrity of Game Cache'

8. Let it check. It will rebuild your game to the last OFFICIAL (not Beta) Patch.

9. When it is finished, close this (STEAM) for now.

10. You should have downloaded the patch by now.

11. Unzip the file (I recommend 7-ZIP) as others work differently

12. You should see two folders 1. Paint Schemes 2. Parts

13. Find your Steam folder for Clod. Mine is like this "Steam\Steam Apps\Common\iL2 sturmovik cliffs of dover"

14. Drag and drop the two folders into this folder and let it overwrite it all. If you get pop ups just select overwrite and in the lower left corner ALL.

15. When finished with this close it.

16. Go to your Document folder and the folder 1c Softclub and open it.

17. Look for the Cache folder and enter it.

18. Find the Shader folder and enter it.

19. Delete everything 'IN' this folder and close it all out aftwards

20. Go into your game and select Quick Mission and fly for a bit. This will rebuild your Sader folder content. If every things seems ok then exit the game and you should be ready to go.

Your Version sould read as the image ...

9./JG52 Hans Gruber
Oct-12-2012, 17:12
Engine dies within a few minutes of radiator being perforated. If you see water radiator perforated now look for a place to ditch because your sortie is over.

Contrary to patch notes open canopies still induce zero drag.

ATAG_Bliss
Oct-12-2012, 18:01
Engine dies within a few minutes of radiator being perforated. If you see water radiator perforated now look for a place to ditch because your sortie is over.

Contrary to patch notes open canopies still induce zero drag.

Bummer. Did you happen to test with both Red and Blue planes?

MadTommy
Oct-13-2012, 08:41
Sounds very promising... i wont be able to test it for a few days, has anyone taken the Reds up to any decent altitudes?

ATAG_Deacon
Oct-13-2012, 09:08
Sounds very promising... i wont be able to test it for a few days, has anyone taken the Reds up to any decent altitudes?

was in a fight with a 109 last night which started at 14k and climbed to 21k. i was in a MkIIa...it seemed as though I couldn't push higher, but it would have been difficult anyway as it was a turning, climbing fight and i was not sure just how hard to push the engine.

all in all, the Spits are much, much, much more competitive.

ATAG_Snapper
Oct-13-2012, 10:19
was in a fight with a 109 last night which started at 14k and climbed to 21k. i was in a MkIIa...it seemed as though I couldn't push higher, but it would have been difficult anyway as it was a turning, climbing fight and i was not sure just how hard to push the engine.

all in all, the Spits are much, much, much more competitive.

+1

Had some good fights with 109's flying a 2a; very hard for either of us to get a clear advantage over the other in a 1 vs 1.

MadTommy
Oct-14-2012, 08:16
That's great news.

But now i have no excuse for my terrible dogfighting skills.. bugger. :(