PDA

View Full Version : A couple of FMB questions...

JimmyBlonde
Jun-09-2016, 05:59
Two questions:

The biggie first, can I place an aircraft down in the FMB and have it so that I start in a cold and dark cockpit?

Second, I was wondering if it was possible to rotate objects in a more analog way than the 15 or so degree rotation allowed by the keypad?

I'll probably have more questions later, thanks for reading.

ATAG_Freya
Jun-09-2016, 09:53
Greetings Jimmy,

1. place your a/c over a field, select "takeoff" on the waypoint tab.. Also there is a checkbox - tick "spawn parked" in the a/c group properties tab. Set the time to midnight, open all your house windows or turn the air conditioning on - and there it is - cold and dark. :D

2. I only know 3 ways to rotate things - the way you described, which has two settings of rotation - rough and fine, I call them. The default is the num7 and 9 keys I think (?) and then there is a way to rotate less (fine) but I can't quite remember (check the controls for the 'builder' and you should see them - mine is set to num6 and 4). The 3rd way is to place the object, then go into the .mis file and actually edit the direction it faces. Handy for setting 'runways' to line up with in-game textures. That is more precise, but takes some trial and error:

Static79 Stationary.Bedford_MW_tent nn 330724.69 228706.80 210.00 <-- edit the # 210.00 for example. I don't think this is a compass bearing though, so requires the "trial and error".

:salute:

JimmyBlonde
Jun-11-2016, 07:12
Set the time to midnight, open all your house windows or turn the air conditioning on - and there it is - cold and dark.

I bet you're a hoot at parties... Thanks Freya! I have my desired starting parameters now and can make fences/walls without pulling my remaining hair out.

Now one little problem I've run into after building myself an airfield in the toybox is that there seems to be some problem with the external textures of any "active" (Not static) aircraft. They look like they are flying through mist or fog.

I don't think I've gone so far overboard on the object placement that this should be taxing my GPU, other textures seem to be fine (internals are ok, I have my gunsight and whatnot) there's only 4 or 5 active planes in the mission and around 100 or so static objects (Mainly environmental).

Is this just a quirk of launching a mission from the FMB? Weather? Time? Any ideas?

ATAG_Freya
Jun-11-2016, 10:25
Like this?:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5mvmjzfapV8

I still have no idea what that is! BTW I am a hoot at parties, but I think I'm allergic to alchahol - I break out in fun.

:salute:

JimmyBlonde
Jun-11-2016, 12:22
Nothing like that Freya, it's more of a change in the aircraft skins that makes it look like you're viewing it through mist or fog. Like the lighting and shadows aren't turned on properly.

ATAG_Freya
Jun-11-2016, 14:44
Hmmm. All out of suggestions for that then...clear the cache?

:getaway: