PDA

View Full Version : Sight Seeing II - The Air Show

ATAG_Highseas
Jun-20-2016, 08:19
OK...

despite it just being a joke it seems a couple of you at least are actually interetsed in the apparently forthcoming

Highseas Airshow

I havent thought this through at all but..... so what !!

Ford Airstrip would seem prefect with its twin runways that are laid out in a + formation. Ive been to a few boot fairs on those very runways....

We could attempt some semi simple aerobatics... though in reality it might just be attempting some landings in front of an audience !

hahahah

So... I suggest....

A staggered four plane take off, one on each arm of the airstrip... everyone stays to the right of their strip.... 2 second staggered takeoff...

Then a full circuit counter clockwise and fly the oppoiste way down your original runway... each at say 2000 ft, barrel roll at the centre...

then a last full circuit of the airstrip, this time clockwise... and land at your original runway.

If we did three attempts at that everyone could have a go... and also get to spectate for at least one of them ! (either from down on the ground or from up above as you choose)

Nothing too dramatic.. hehehe

Once we have done that feel free to come up with your own displays....

solo or teams...

Again a Monday evening.... as before

Whadaya think ?

Artist
Jun-20-2016, 08:29
Brilliant.

If I knew where, I would already have registered.

So:

1. FG28_Artist (WS-I)

ATAG_Highseas
Jun-20-2016, 09:49
Brilliant.

If I knew where, I would already have registered.

So:

1. FG28_Artist (WS-I)
2. Highseas
3. Vamps
4. Farley

And since we need multiples of 4.... I declare the First Annual Highseas Airshow is on !!

Ford Airfield

I guess we'd best skip Monday 4 July since I imagine Some of you American chaps might be busy already...

MONDAY 11 JULY 21:00 British Summer Time.. hope that suits you chaps...

Highseas

ATAG_Vampire
Jun-20-2016, 10:53
11 July 2016 at 2100 hrs. It is already on my calendar.:thumbsup:

Some ideas for the show.:idea:

1. Tiger Moth synchronized pair.
2. 2 x Spit, 2 x Hurricane display.
3. Blenheim display ( will need to get some 'Blenie' pilots involved )?
4. Visiting Luftwaffe Bf109 schwarm, display (do not forget to tell local ack-ack about participation)!!!!!

All we need then is for Artist to talk to TF about crowd participation.

~S~ Vamps :salute:

DerDa
Jun-20-2016, 11:00
5. DerDa

As a special stunt I could try to get my microphone to work this time ...

ATAG_Marlow
Jun-20-2016, 11:14
Ha ha ha! 'Seas you're priceless! This is a brilliant idea! :) Count me in for July 11th!

Thinking off the top of my head......can we see if we can get a full complement loop de loop...every one going over the top at the same time and rate? whaa

What about a synchro pair crossing over the runway at Ford...close as they can? :flying: (I'd like to volunteer Seas and Vamps!!! Ha ha! :devilish: ) No, seriously properly planned it should be do..able! :thumbsup:

Any other Red Arrow tricks we could do...Bomb burst might be fun?

Good idea, 'Seas!

ATAG_Highseas
Jun-20-2016, 12:12
seriously properly planned it should be do..able! :thumbsup:

Let's try it half baked all the same !

The four plane thingy in the first post should be quite doable for everyone... and could look quite impressive too... and if not it should be quite a laugh none the less !!

Bomber server again so we dont screw up the war effort !

ATAG_Marlow
Jun-20-2016, 12:26
Or...how 'bout I jump into your cockpit and you jump into mine....at 5000 feet? That WOULD be a trick!

ATAG_Highseas
Jun-20-2016, 12:29
Or...how 'bout I jump into your cockpit and you jump into mine....at 5000 feet? That WOULD be a trick!

Or syncronised Parachuting !... everyone up... fly out radially for 2 mins on same settings... then turn and head straight back to the centre... 5 4 3 2 1 "BAIL.... "

The ultimate finallie !!

If you hit Alt F2 while parachuting you can look all around with your head tracker... could be a lovely show !!

(Don't tell Fighter Command though... Marlow begged me not to say it was all his idea.. and he's only just been promoted !)

dix
Jun-20-2016, 14:43
Oh I won't be able to attend on July 11th :c
I'll be waiting for your videos!

Too bad that there's not much choice on planes at Ford, you guys should really ask someone from ATAG that can change stuff on the server if they can add the TigerMoth and the Su-26m for the event, the last one has the ability to use smoke like the airshow planes do, and it will fly inverted unlike those ww2 birds

The 4 point take off and circuit would look much better with smokes on!

ATAG_Highseas
Jun-22-2016, 14:55
Just for the absolute avoidance of doubt....!

This is very much a tongue in cheek Air Show.

A bunch of chaps attempting some mediocre semi choreographed flight... Just for kicks and a few giggles.

If anyone is expecting to see anything stunning... well... I can't deliver that !!

Though if you can please come along.. I will put you on the bill for sure!!..

Basically the idea is just to hang out being silly for an hour or two.

Im looking forward to it ! hahaha... !

ATAG_yotheguy
Jun-22-2016, 16:20
This will be RAD! I'm in for sure.
I have tried this before with a few guy's, and it is not easy at all. Just doing a turn with 4+ pilots staying close together is hard.:hpyflying:
I think we made a loop, although it was not that clean, it sure was fun.:)

ATAG_Monkeynut
Jun-22-2016, 18:14
Can we expect something like this....

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=SfCJEjgcfhM&feature=youtu.be

Can't wait!

I can do my crashing into hangars and flying upside down along the runway and crashing at the end routine.

ATAG_Dave
Jun-22-2016, 18:27
TigerMoth and the Su-26m for the event

very short flight from gatwick to ford - just ferry some TMs and sukois down :thumbsup:

dix
Jun-23-2016, 03:31
very short flight from gatwick to ford - just ferry some TMs and sukois down :thumbsup:

it's not that short, I mean, i did it with low throttle to save fuel for the aerobatic manouvers, and it took me around 10mins
I've no idea how long it is at max speed
but I foresee a lot of crashes, you can't waste all that time everytime :laugh:

and no one but you flies the thing like it is a Typhoon :P

Can we expect something like this....

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=SfCJEjgcfhM&feature=youtu.be

Can't wait!

I can do my crashing into hangars and flying upside down along the runway and crashing at the end routine.
Going a bit OT: this w\e there's a virtual airshow if you'd like to watch something like that https://www.twitch.tv/virtualbeachblast/profile
No red arrows but the virtual thunderbirds should end the show
I've seen a virtual airshow last month and it was insane how close it looks to watching a real airshow, I mean... no comparison there, but it surprised me a lot :thumbsup:

sorry for spamming that seas >_<

ATAG_Highseas
Jun-28-2016, 06:03
Sorry for the total lack of anything more here so far...

Real life has stepped up several notches...

It's still on

Stay tuned to this frequency.... I will be back !

ATAG_Highseas
Jun-30-2016, 06:01
So...

Having had the most basic of practice "circling and landing head on" with Vampire at the tail end of yesterday evening...

I am convinced we can pull off a really terrible Air Show quite easily !

haha !

so...

Clearly it would be quite daft not to have a programme...

so here goes:

Bomber server Teamspeak flight 1 channel.

Ford Airfield

Depending on how many participants we have I suggest three flights in an attempt to pull of the same manoeuvre..

Namely:

A four plane take off, one on each arm of the airstrip... everyone stays to the right of their strip.... 2 second staggered takeoff... get to 2000 feet and stay there.

Then a full circuit counter clockwise and fly the opposite way down your original runway... barrel roll at the centre...

then a last full circuit , this time clockwise... dropping down steadily as you go and land at your original runway.

Everyone one uses the same plane. 100% rad 100% prop pitch so we all keep roughly the same speed. (except the landing obviously !!)

So far we have two full flights listed below in order of response to the original post ! and Flight 3 still to fill !...

Flight 1:

Highseas
Vampire
FG28_Artist (WS-I)
Farley

Flight 2:

DerDa
ATAG_Marlow
ATAG_yotheguy
ATAG_Monkeynut

Flight 3:

??
??
??
??

Once they are done I'm opening the floor to you guys...

if you want to perform a stunt then please let me know and I will add it to the bill !

At the end of the show I propose we all take off... fly out radially, turn on command and head straight to the centre and parachute out just before the centre !

so to recap:

PROGRAM

The Highseas Air Show grand rotational opening, Flights 1 2 and 3

All the other stuff (TBC)

The parachute finalie

Let me know about that mid section and I will update the list as we go !

DerDa
Jun-30-2016, 08:08
"... everyone stays to the right of their strip...."

That's soooo continental ...

ATAG_Highseas
Jun-30-2016, 09:03
So is this:

:gourmet:

ATAG_Flare
Jun-30-2016, 17:05
What time would it be at?

I will fly a blennie through a hangar if I can make it!

Flare

PS - Maybe also some barrel rolls and inverted low passes?

ATAG_Highseas
Jun-30-2016, 17:34
What time would it be at?

I will fly a blennie through a hangar if I can make it!

Flare

PS - Maybe also some barrel rolls and inverted low passes?

Monday 11 July 21:00 British Summer Time

I appreciate that "British Summer Time" could be considered an oxymoron... but... let's just be British about it and pretend....

Shall i put you down in the mid section with "Flares Barrell rolling inverted low pass"?... we could make a conga line of it...

why am I even asking... ?

You are on the bill !!

PROGRAM

Blennie kiss the Hanger

Flare's barrel Rolling Inverted Low Pass Conga Extravagansa

The parachute finalie

ATAG_Highseas
Jul-01-2016, 11:37
PROGRAME

Flight 1:
Highseas
Vampire
FG28_Artist (WS-I)
Farley

Flight 2:
DerDa
ATAG_Marlow
ATAG_yotheguy
ATAG_Monkeynut

Flight 3:
Laserlight
??
??
?? (possibly highseas again if it doesnt fill up !)

Blennie Kiss the Hanger

Flare's Barrel Rolling Inverted Low Pass Conga Extravagansa

The Parachute Finalie

ATAG_Highseas
Jul-05-2016, 11:14
ok.. quick update to let you all know i have done absolutely nothing more in preparation..

In short work life just shot into overload and I've ended up with very strange, unpredictable and generally very unsocialble hours... on top of the daytime part...

"(Insert chosen deity etc here)" knows how this airshow will pan out ! Hopefuly like I expected to start with... a bit of a laugh... and near complete fiasco all rolled into one...

Perfect !

Basically...... I havent practiced... I havent prepared...

I don't even really have much of a proramme either

Oh and the popcorn machine in hanger 2 is broken.

Come one and all.

This Coming Monday... 21:00

it's STILL ON !!

(unless I'm out on site again at zero notice in which case.... erm..... watch this sapce !)

ATAG_yotheguy
Jul-05-2016, 22:16
Sweet! I thought I missed it. Yeah it just fun to try and fly 4+ planes close together, so I'm sure its going to be a Blast.:D

ok.. quick update to let you all know i have done absolutely nothing more in preparation..

In short work life just shot into overload and I've ended up with very strange, unpredictable and generally very unsocialble hours... on top of the daytime part...

"(Insert chosen deity etc here)" knows how this airshow will pan out ! Hopefuly like I expected to start with... a bit of a laugh... and near complete fiasco all rolled into one...

Perfect !

Basically...... I havent practiced... I havent prepared...

I don't even really have much of a proramme either

Oh and the popcorn machine in hanger 2 is broken.

Come one and all.

This Coming Monday... 21:00

it's STILL ON !!

(unless I'm out on site again at zero notice in which case.... erm..... watch this sapce !)

ATAG_Highseas
Jul-06-2016, 10:31
fun to try

Exactly !!

Vampire has been refering to it as the Highseas.... Ford Fiesta

not sure if you have those in canada...

That's one straight off the production line in 1980

Now where shall we put the filler cap... I know... let's put it just below the top of the rear tyre.......

ATAG_Highseas
Jul-07-2016, 07:41
EVENT POSTPONED

I'm really sorry to do this at such short notice but there is no chance of me being able to get to Ford on Monday.

Turns out I am indeed working late again... on my day off... GRRRRR !

I also can't do the following Monday as it's my wifes birthday and apparently that's a plane free day.

So...

I'm really hoping this doesn't screw it up for anyone.

so...

NEW DATE -

The Higheas Ford Fiesta - 25 JULY

(cheers vamps... that name makes me chuckle every time !)

All those in Favour please sign up below !

ATAG_Vampire
Jul-07-2016, 07:58
You already know I will be there! :D

It would not be the same if you and some of the other reprobates from 'Red' section were not there. Looking forward to it and hope everybody who signed up originally can make it.:thumbsup:

~S~ :salute:

ATAG_Marlow
Jul-07-2016, 09:02

I'm certainly planning to be there if I can! A small request:

Can we have 'Dix and The Dancing Girls' back for an encore......we'll even let you wear your dress again, Dix! (If you must, you must!) :stunned:

...and we need a new ice cream machine in the Hospitality Marquee! :thumbsup:

:IAG:

DerDa
Jul-07-2016, 16:52
Hey, that's actually good news for FG-28.
Artist told me on our sunday morning flight that he would not be able to make it on Monday 11th.
I am sure 25th will be fine.

By the way, did anyone noticethere is this new mission with the auxiliary airfields. There is one next to Manston and and its right beside a beautiful old pub called 'The Swan'. And that makes me wonder whether there is really 100 octane fuel in this huge barrel standing right beside the runway.
Difficult to land there with a Spit, but the sight is worth it!

ATAG_Highseas
Jul-07-2016, 17:34
Hey, that's actually good news for FG-28.
Artist told me on our sunday morning flight that he would not be able to make it on Monday 11th.
I am sure 25th will be fine.

By the way, did anyone noticethere is this new mission with the auxiliary airfields. There is one next to Manston and and its right beside a beautiful old pub called 'The Swan'. And that makes me wonder whether there is really 100 octane fuel in this huge barrel standing right beside the runway.
Difficult to land there with a Spit, but the sight is worth it!

Great news !

What's all this about "the swan"?

Is there some sort of tour I can sign up for?

Artist
Jul-08-2016, 02:18
Great news !
Unfortunately not, as I'll not be able to join on the 25th either :-(

What's all this about "the swan"?

Is there some sort of tour I can sign up for?
Mission "Final Push", temporary Airfield near Manston: Rearm, refuel (including the pilot):
http://theairtacticalassaultgroup.com/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=23352&d=1467958316

Same mission, the temporary airfield north of Deal has 7 feet high beer barrel beside the parking area.

DerDa
Jul-08-2016, 02:23
Last sunday morning Artist and me were alone on the server, a mission running for just some minutes more. So we tried to practice a little stunt for the airshow.
Well, we survived, but it was not exactly what we had planned.
Then this new mission started, I can't remember the name, and there were these auxillary airfields. And you could get Tiger Moths there. So we gave it a try and spawned there. And there was a big red London bus, a guy with a bicycle, the pub and this huge, enormous, gigantic barrel right besides the not existing runway.
We eventually managed to get the moths in the air, but they surely behaved as if they had a pint too many.

At least now we have time to sober up and maybe practice some before the airshow.

ATAG_Highseas
Jul-08-2016, 04:11
Unfortunately not, as I'll not be able to join on the 25th either :-(

Meh...

I was hoping nobody would be affected.

:ind:

ATAG_Highseas
Jul-08-2016, 04:13
there was a big red London bus, a guy with a bicycle, the pub and this huge, enormous, gigantic barrel right besides the not existing runway.

Wow ! I havent seen any of that...

DerDa.... Artist....

I can feel a mini tour coming on.... !

ATAG_Vampire
Jul-08-2016, 04:30
Definitely! I'm up for another sight seeing tour.:thumbsup:

You could top up your new CloD flight suit when you land near the pub Seas? :)

Artist
Jul-08-2016, 08:24
Wow ! I havent seen any of that...

DerDa.... Artist....

I can feel a mini tour coming on.... !

I'm afraid, that this has lovingly been placed by the mission bulder of "Final Push" and therefore is only present in that mission.

But DerDa and me will check next time we're online in a mission other that "Final Push".

Cheers,
Artist

ATAG_Highseas
Jul-09-2016, 19:32
Seeing as it's near the original date and I'm going to be unavoidably AWOL I'm reitterating :

EVENT POSTPONED

I'm really sorry to do this at such short notice but there is no chance of me being able to get to Ford on Monday.

NEW DATE -

Please don't post any replys here guys until after Monday...

I want to be sure as many people can see this as possible on the day... just in case they havent seen it earlier

I will kick start it again as soon as the dust has setlled in HighseasVille

:salute:

ATAG_Highseas
Jul-15-2016, 10:12
OK

Let's kick start this puppy again !

The Higheas Ford Fiesta - 25 JULY - 21:00 British Summer Time

ROLL CALL !!

List yourself below gents and I will re-start the organising !

Highseas !

ATAG_Flare
Jul-15-2016, 10:41
July 25 should be a go for me! Might finally get a chance to meet all you crazy brits :)

I'll bring a Blennie

ATAG_Laser
Jul-15-2016, 10:56
Yep, should be free on that night, so count me in sea's :thumbsup:

ATAG_yotheguy
Jul-15-2016, 11:45

ATAG_Vampire
Jul-15-2016, 14:35
I am in! :dthumb:

dix
Jul-15-2016, 16:19
:thumbsup:

Artist
Jul-15-2016, 18:04
Unfortunately I'll not be able to attend :-(

Concerning the Pub ...
What's all this about "the swan"?... named such, it is in fact only present in the mission "Final Push". DerDa and me took the pain to search for it, but to no avail:
http://www.fliegergeschwader.de/forum/index.php?action=dlattach;topic=2005.0;attach=303; image

ATAG_Highseas
Jul-15-2016, 21:25
Unfortunately I'll not be able to attend :-(

Concerning the Pub ... ... named such, it is in fact only present in the mission "Final Push". DerDa and me took the pain to search for it, but to no avail:
http://www.fliegergeschwader.de/forum/index.php?action=dlattach;topic=2005.0;attach=303; image

Cheers fellas!

Be nice to have a few country pubs in the mix..

I don't know who wrote that particular map... but..

My hat is off to you Sir !

ATAG_Marlow
Jul-16-2016, 07:13
Hi 'Seas......I am really hoping I can be at Ford for at least the tail end of the Fiesta (and Dix' celebratory terpsichorial fandango!") but I will be travelling down from Preston that very night and it just depends on traffic and time of departure with 'Monster Girl' Grand daughter!
Once I am home, I should be able to get on't computer because said Monster Girl is now sleeping in another room. Fingers crossed! :thumbsup:

Hope life at 'Highseas Heights' calms down soon! :P

ATAG_Highseas
Jul-17-2016, 08:02
So far we have:

Highseas
ATAG_Flare
laserlight
ATAG_yotheguy
Vampire
Dix
ATAG_Marlow

so... what do you think to this:

Flight 1: Ford PPL Co-operative
Highseas
laserlight
Vampire
Dix

Fight 2: The ATAG_ARROWS
ATAG_Flare
ATAG_yotheguy
ATAG_Marlow
ATAG_GONNA NEED A NUMBER 4... Freya... you in ?

Hopfully we will get a flight 3 together as well.... and do three runs of my initial idea... if not two it is... and then try it again anyway with all of us at once !

I will sketch it up with some notes... and post at some point before the event !! Should be pretty straight forward... haha!

Then we have Flare doing a Blennie run through a hanger... If you decide to do a second run Flare I may well try and follow you (probably in something smaller !!) ... I'm going to be from row in the audience for the first one !!

If anyone want to pitch other stuff into the mix please feel free...

I'm really looking forward ot the parachute finallie as it goes ! fill the sky with silk !

Work stuff for me should reach stability by Wednesday too so expect me back with a brief programme!

Highseas

Anthony Dixon
Jul-19-2016, 16:49
https://i.ytimg.com/vi/OIufR_GRhrI/maxresdefault.jpg

My skill set allows for this at the most. Followed by subsequent crash. Now that'd be a show.

ATAG_Highseas
Jul-20-2016, 04:30
https://i.ytimg.com/vi/OIufR_GRhrI/maxresdefault.jpg

My skill set allows for this at the most. Followed by subsequent crash. Now that'd be a show.

Cool !

you are in !

ATAG_Flare
Jul-21-2016, 01:13
ATAG arrows??? We have to do a group demonstration?

Ok here's what will happen. Something to show what usually happens on the ATAG server ...

1. The conga line! Someone flies a Spitfire and a whole load of 109s chase after him, shoulder shooting all the way.

2. The pesky e4n: a 109E4N circles around and a bunch of Spitfires try to climb step enough to get to it but they can't, stalling out and doing fantastic spins! Completely intentionally!

On a more serious note, how does an attempt at formation flying with the su 26 sound? We could put the smoke on and do some loops and stuff.

We'll need an airfield with that plane though and the other planes too. I think the one north of Gatwick has them all. (By the rad bull air race.) Are we on the training map?

ATAG_Highseas
Jul-21-2016, 07:54
ATAG arrows??? We have to do a group demonstration?

Ok here's what will happen. Something to show what usually happens on the ATAG server ...

1. The conga line! Someone flies a Spitfire and a whole load of 109s chase after him, shoulder shooting all the way.

2. The pesky e4n: a 109E4N circles around and a bunch of Spitfires try to climb step enough to get to it but they can't, stalling out and doing fantastic spins! Completely intentionally!

On a more serious note, how does an attempt at formation flying with the su 26 sound? We could put the smoke on and do some loops and stuff.

We'll need an airfield with that plane though and the other planes too. I think the one north of Gatwick has them all. (By the rad bull air race.) Are we on the training map?

the opening event:

Depending on how many participants we have I suggest three flights in an attempt to pull off the same manoeuvre..

Namely:

A four plane take off at Ford, one on each arm of the airstrip... everyone stays to the right of their strip.... 2 second staggered takeoff... get to 2000 feet and stay there.

Then a full circuit counter clockwise and fly the opposite way down your original runway... barrel roll at the centre...

then a last full circuit , this time clockwise... to come in and land at your original runway.

Everyone one uses the same plane. 100% rad 100% prop pitch so we all keep roughly the same speed. (except the landing obviously !!)

I will do a sketch !

for the finallie we all get up and circle about counter clockwise... then once we are akll up we fly radially out for 30 secods or so, turn back to centre... and all bail out at the centre of Ford !

I was thinking 9 until... well.. whenever people want to sleep....

Dave was suggesting there could be a flight down from Gatwick to join the ford display in the Sukies...

I'm not sure there are enough of us though for that.... but you never know... we may get an inpromtue visit !

Df it goes well (hahahahahahaah) we can oprganise another one with some propper coreography...

My guess is it will be a fiasco... and loads of fun !

Definately up for a conga through a hanger (you lead !!)

EDIT:
Oh and yep !! On server 2 !

ATAG_Highseas
Jul-22-2016, 10:35
Here ya go....

Imagine you are the red plane... the blues ones are your team mates.

all using the same plane... rad and prop at 100% throught just to keep even speed at max throttle...

I recon that should be doable without too much fuss...

and if anyone stuffs it the rest just carry on regardless !

so.. that's the opening ceremony sorted...

The closing ceremony is the mass bail out in the centre of the airstrip.

We have Flare hopefully leading a conga through a hanger in the mid section...

all other ideas welcome!

Marlow may not get to us until fairly late he tells me... so the ATAG_Arrows are two pilots down at present...

I'm happy to help screw it up for you if you can't find any real pilots ! hehe.

21:00 Serrver #2

Teamspeak Flight#1 or whichever is free.

Ford.

Monday 25th July

ATAG_Marlow
Jul-22-2016, 11:29
Dynamite, 'Seas! Pure Dynamite! Salute! :thumbsup:

ATAG_Highseas
Jul-24-2016, 18:19
dynamite, 'seas! Pure dynamite! Salute! :thumbsup:

boom !!

ATAG_Flare
Jul-25-2016, 01:28
Emergency! I have had last minute plans arranged for the day and may have to make an early departure! Perhaps the Blennie run could be moved towards to front of the air show?

ATAG_Highseas
Jul-25-2016, 05:33
Emergency! I have had last minute plans arranged for the day and may have to make an early departure! Perhaps the Blennie run could be moved towards to front of the air show?

No problem!

(You might have to talk me though the start up!)

Then after the introduction

The starting ceremony! Haha

Closing ceremony will be at 11pm.

ATAG_Highseas
Jul-25-2016, 06:43
so... 21:00 - 23:00

The Trailer (21:00)

Blennie Conga run through the hanger(s) lead by ATAG_Flare

(those are Allied hangers at Ford by the way Flare... not Axis ones... hehehe)

Probably need a few runs at that !! I have no idea how to even start a Blenheim...

The Opening Ceremony

Im thinking 1000 feet for this... but if you think we can get lower... let's do it !!
Right hand side of runway for take off and landing...

Highseas
laserlight
Vampire
Dix

ATAG to Spectate

ATAG_Flare
ATAG_yotheguy
ATAG_Marlow (Won't make the start... and likely to be fairly late)

Anyone else who joins to make up the numbers ... Ford PPL Co-operative to spectate...

Flight 3:
EVERYONE.... two per runway single file!...

The Messing About Freestyle

Gonna have to make that up as we go and depending on how much time is left

The Parachute Finallie (23:00)

Fill the sky with silk !

See you there Chaps !

ATAG_Vampire
Jul-25-2016, 07:42
It looks like a steep learning curve just came my way. Only had one trip in the Blenie and not on full CEM!

Never mind one of the more experienced Blenie drivers will no doubt put me right? :wtf:

Looking forward to this as always. Can't wait to see Seas 'puppying' around in a Blenie. He he

ATAG_Highseas
Jul-25-2016, 07:58
Can't wait to see Seas 'puppying' around in a Blenie. He he

I dont even know how to start the engine !!!

should be fun !!

EDIT

We might have a bit of a problem here...

At the moment Server #2 isnt listed..... just Axis v Allies.

Not sure what to do if that's still the case at 21:00 ?!

Any of you ATAG guys know what the deal is there?

ATAG_Vampire
Jul-25-2016, 08:40
Server #2 has been AWOL for over a week.

Laser did put the question up on 'chatbox' a couple of days ago but I never saw a definitive answer posted. I never saw any information with regards to it being taken off the list of available servers either. It just WENT!:sad!:

Perhaps, as you say Seas, someone from ATAG might enlighten us?:thumbsup:

ATAG_Highseas
Jul-25-2016, 09:21
Server #2 has been AWOL for over a week.

Laser did put the question up on 'chatbox' a couple of days ago but I never saw a definitive answer posted. I never saw any information with regards to it being taken off the list of available servers either. It just WENT!:sad!:

Perhaps, as you say Seas, someone from ATAG might enlighten us?:thumbsup:

We are kind of a bit stuffed without it !

We would last about 2 minutes !!

ATAG_Highseas
Jul-25-2016, 09:55
Important Notice Follows:

Looks like we don't have the bomber server / server 2 available at present.

And I really can't see this working on the Axis v Allies server. !!!

We need a four arm aiprort for this, Ford / Tangmere or similar... Ford is ideal because the runways are so wide....

And we need a quiet server... I'm at a bit of a loss on this... Lead Farm for instance does not appear to have a suitable airfield....

Calling it off again as such short notice I really don't wanna do.... but I'm struggling a bit to see a realistic alternative to Server 2

Ive asked in the chat window but nobodys talking as yet.

Any of you veterans got any ideas?

Artist
Jul-25-2016, 10:43
Hi guys,

first, it might possibly be possible that I perhaps can join tonight after all.

Concerning Server Two: Have you tried to PM ATAG_Snapper? Or Bliss?

Cheers,
Artist

ATAG_Highseas
Jul-25-2016, 10:52
Hi guys,

Concerning Server Two: Have you tried to PM ATAG_Snapper? Or Bliss?

Cheers,
Artist

Will do ! Didnt even know it was inactive until a couple of hours ago.. !

ATAG_Highseas
Jul-25-2016, 11:05
Keep ya posted kids !!

We may well be looking at another cancellation...

i really hope not... but...

If so perhaps I can tempt you to a Big Wing assault on France.....

ATAG_Vampire
Jul-25-2016, 11:15
Pending info on sever #2 and a possible aborted Airshow the idea of a 'Rodeo' over France sounds good or if the Blenies are with a 'circus' might be on the cards.

I am up for it, but we still need a server? :thumbsup:

ATAG_yotheguy
Jul-25-2016, 11:29
Its up and running! Just tested, and all is good.

ATAG_Highseas
Jul-25-2016, 12:38
its up and running! Just tested, and all is good.

yeyyyyy !!!!

ATAG_Highseas
Jul-25-2016, 12:42
GAME ON !

So to recap then!!!

21:00 - 23:00

The Trailer (21:00)

Blennie Conga run through the hanger(s) lead by ATAG_Flare

(those are Allied hangers at Ford by the way Flare... not Axis ones... hehehe)

Probably need a few runs at that !! I have no idea how to even start a Blenheim...

The Opening Ceremony

Im thinking 1000 feet for this... but if you think we can get lower... let's do it !!
Right hand side of runway for take off and landing...

Highseas
laserlight
Vampire
Dix

ATAG to Spectate

ATAG_Flare
ATAG_yotheguy
ATAG_Marlow (Won't make the start... and likely to be fairly late)
ATAG_Artist (Hopefully)

Anyone else who joins to make up the numbers if there is a gap ... Ford PPL Co-operative to spectate...

Flight 3:
EVERYONE.... two per runway single file!...

The Messing About Freestyle

Gonna have to make that up as we go and depending on how much time is left

The Parachute Finallie (23:00)

Fill the sky with silk !

Artist
Jul-25-2016, 12:52
Great!

vocally you (hopefully we) meet on ATAG-TS, in one of the allied flight group channels, won't you?

ATAG_yotheguy
Jul-25-2016, 13:11
Some old formation training videos.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LnjANxcZyTU

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NkWnXI9GDt8

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sIOHqc5iUUU

ATAG_Marlow
Jul-25-2016, 13:23
Hi 'Seas....still in Preston and contemplating the 4 hours on the M6 and M40 to get home. The Highways Authorities are even now planning extra roadworks, diversions and Average Speed Checks ......just because they know the Ford Fiesta is on! Grrrr! :grrr:

If I miss the extravaganza tonight I will certainly be up for 'The Highseas Re Enactment of The 1000 Bomber Raid'........sorry, the Ten Blennie Raid on Wissant being planned! It's a great idea and beats bombing that poor, defenceless little place near Bisham!

What would the 'yellow noses' think if everybody flew Blennies in the biggest Atag Bomber raid ever? They'd have to admire our guts and I'd love to see their faces! Have a great time tonight! Salute! :thumbsup:

ATAG_Highseas
Jul-25-2016, 13:29
Great!

vocally you (hopefully we) meet on ATAG-TS, in one of the allied flight group channels, won't you?

Yep.... TS flight 1 is the plan.

ATAG_Highseas
Jul-25-2016, 13:41
Hi 'Seas....still in Preston and contemplating the 4 hours on the M6 and M40 to get home. The Highways Authorities are even now planning extra roadworks, diversions and Average Speed Checks ......just because they know the Ford Fiesta is on! Grrrr! :grrr:

If I miss the extravaganza tonight I will certainly be up for 'The Highseas Re Enactment of The 1000 Bomber Raid'........sorry, the Ten Blennie Raid on Wissant being planned! It's a great idea and beats bombing that poor, defenceless little place near Bisham!

What would the 'yellow noses' think if everybody flew Blennies in the biggest Atag Bomber raid ever? They'd have to admire our guts and I'd love to see their faces! Have a great time tonight! Salute! :thumbsup:

don't race to get there... we need you back in a cockpit as soon as your leave is over. !

ATAG_Highseas
Jul-25-2016, 13:42
Thats a point... is anyone bringing the 1940's wireless ?

ATAG_Highseas
Jul-25-2016, 13:50
Some old formation training videos.

I'm guessing then that the Air Force does the basic sailing films... ?

Job Share Rocks !

Hehe...

Actually... Thinking about it... I do have a habit myself of flying akin to a submarine... just below the surface of the channel

Artist
Jul-25-2016, 14:38
Thats a point... is anyone bringing the 1940's wireless ?

You mean that Radio Dismuke 1940's music broadcast? If I make it, I will.

ATAG_Highseas
Jul-25-2016, 14:45
You mean that Radio Dismuke 1940's music broadcast? If I make it, I will.

Cool beans !

Will be asking how thats done at some point !

ATAG_Laser
Jul-25-2016, 15:10
Hi guys. Regrettably I am not going to be able to make it tonight. :(Just got unexpected company and I would not be very popular if I dissapeared whilst they are here. Gutted I will miss the show, but I hope that you all have fun, and I hope to be back on as usual on Wednesday night.
Regards, laser

Artist
Jul-25-2016, 15:18
There software solutions out there to feed the output of, say, VLC into Teamspeak. I chose the hardware solution and bought a S/PDIF-cable and plugged one end into spdif-out of the soundcard and its other end into spdif-in of that same soundcard. I then configured VLC output to the spdif-out and the teamspeak 'microphone' to spdif-in.

VoilĂ , DJ created.

Caveat: I need to have that running on a second PC, because it naturally dosn't work parallel on the PC I want to communicate in teamspeak myself.

ATAG_Vampire
Jul-25-2016, 15:35
Hi guys. Regrettably I am not going to be able to make it tonight. :(Just got unexpected company and I would not be very popular if I dissapeared whilst they are here. Gutted I will miss the show, but I hope that you all have fun, and I hope to be back on as usual on Wednesday night.
Regards, laser

Sorry that you won't be 'on ops' tonight laser, we'll miss you. We can call this a rehearsal and do the real thing when you can make it. :thumbsup:

Hope to 'see you' for the Red Section Rumble on Wednesday night.

ATAG_Highseas
Jul-25-2016, 15:41
Regards, laser

When duty calls !

Tell ya what... wednesday... we can do a mini air show re-enactment... and then go shoot some stuff !

ATAG_Highseas
Jul-25-2016, 15:44
There software solutions out there to feed the output of, say, VLC into Teamspeak. I chose the hardware solution and bought a S/PDIF-cable and plugged one end into spdif-out of the soundcard and its other end into spdif-in of that same soundcard. I then configured VLC output to the spdif-out and the teamspeak 'microphone' to spdif-in.

VoilĂ , DJ created.

Caveat: I need to have that running on a second PC, because it naturally dosn't work parallel on the PC I want to communicate in teamspeak myself.

S/PDIFing... idea....

ATAG_Highseas
Jul-25-2016, 18:45
BWAAAA HAHAHAHAH !

Cheers guys !

Top Show..... !

'Seas

ATAG_Highseas
Jul-25-2016, 19:10
And I'd like to thank my family, and my producer, and all the people who believed in me (you know who you are) ...

I'd also like to make special mention to some close close friends of mine who can't be here on stage with me right now collecting this fine solid gold Victoria Cross...

In no particular order:

ATAG_Flare for telling me how to start a Blenheim and talking me through how to keep it in the sky long enough to ram it through a hanger and only rip most of the right wing off (Survived !!)
ATAG_Yotheguy for shooting at Flare and not at me and for just gernerally arseing about exactly as intented
Artist for his wonderful soundtrack, his early input in perfecting (ahem) the barrell roll opening ceremony and for piping that sweet sweet music in even after he had retired
Vampire for being stoic in the face of the aerobatic mayhem of Dix and just being generally all round solid.
Dix for his aerobatic mayhem... and multiple explosive... explosions !

Thank you, thank you.. thank you all...

and Good Night !

ATAG_Vampire
Jul-25-2016, 19:22
The 'Ford Fiesta' Airshow was perhaps mis-named. It should have been called 'Ford Scrapesta' what the number of Spitfires/Blenies that were written off! whaa

That does not account for the damage to the hangars, runways and local farmland. Still with the number of bail outs that took place the local girls will not be short of silk for some new knickers.:devilish: hehe

I was doing alright until I was worked over by 'The Italian job' (dix), who decided to saw me in half with a Spitfire propeller.

Great nights flying with some great guys, thanks everyone. A special thanks to FG28 Artist for the music as,with the first Sightseeing tour, it made a big difference and set the atmosphere.

Looking forward to ATAG_Flare's 'French Fly about'........WATCH THIS FORUM!!

dix
Jul-25-2016, 19:32
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2_WeGlY56TM
:-)

ATAG_Vampire
Jul-26-2016, 03:31
Well done dix, another good video.:thumbsup:

Artist
Jul-26-2016, 04:36
That really was fun!

Thank you all for it!

ATAG_Highseas
Jul-26-2016, 17:50
Just processing a couple of videos... should be done some time tomorrow

Used teh in game editor and Colanders super xeternal view gizmo...

no Teamspeak im afraid so the hilarrity of the evening is purely visual (a lot lost there)

first one is me wrecking a blenheim... did a few circuits... the finallie is impressive...

second one is the loop the loop...

would look better from one of teh planes that actually made it ! but i forgot to switch plane view in time... haha !!

will try and post them tomorrow

ATAG_Highseas
Jul-26-2016, 18:22
This is me in my newly aquired Blenheim. Thanks go to ATAG_Flare for helping me start the thing... and get a few circuits in sizing it up.

Then I sized it up.... porperly.

It's about 100mm too low on the right hand side.

https://youtu.be/DevEmaQZSxY

Second video in processing. (after all... it is the 40's... so will most likley be developed overnight... in glorious technicolour no less)

ATAG_Highseas
Jul-26-2016, 19:13
and the loop the loop:

https://youtu.be/vpDoI6CcEh8

I didnt quite make this... the others did though !.. Hats off to you Team Fiesta !

ATAG_Highseas
Jul-26-2016, 19:22
Ahhh thankyou ...
and

Goodnight !

ATAG_yotheguy
Jul-27-2016, 01:34
I will try and make a video here in the next few days. I have the live record, so might just cut that up and post it

Thanks again to every one that could make it. I was a great deal of fun.

ATAG_Vampire
Jul-27-2016, 04:53
Yes that was a great night.

As has been said before it is good to enjoy the sim without the 'combat' element sometimes. Now looking forward to the next one. :thumbsup:

ATAG_Highseas
Jul-27-2016, 14:06
Here is one of Dix (i think)

not a very well made video... but I can't see how to rewind in the in game track thingy... so....

I was actually looking for the part where he sawed Vampire in half... but given that I can't rewind or fast forward that may have to wait for a bit !!

oh yes folks... we had a magic show as well !!

https://youtu.be/PCehXaNHmhY

anyway... Dix in a Blenheim Hanger run.... I think this is where Flare gets his "flying through the explosion" tropic thunder moment !

though give the amount of explosions Dix laid on for us to fly through... I can't say for certain... haha

ATAG_Highseas
Jul-27-2016, 18:26
I was a great deal of fun.

Yes you were ! haha

:dthumb:

ATAG_yotheguy
Jul-27-2016, 19:28
Yes you were ! haha

:dthumb:
lol I like spelling mistakes that end up funny. I will leave that one. :P

InvaderZim
Jul-27-2016, 21:09
Sorry I missed this one. Looks like a barrel of monkeys!:):):):)

ATAG_yotheguy
Jul-28-2016, 13:20
I don't know how I did it, but I got the hole night into under 6min.
I hope you all like it.:salute:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5r2-FiUlOco

ATAG_Highseas
Jul-28-2016, 14:51
[QUOTE=ATAG_yotheguy;237203]I don't know how I did it, but I got the hole night into under 6min.

Superbly put together !!

Cheers buddy !

'Seas

ATAG_Flare
Jul-29-2016, 02:15
Great videos all, stay tuned for "Le Flare's French Flyabout" featuring the tour of the Normandy D Day beaches that we can probably do in August.

Attractions include:

D Day beaches
Tourist trap towns
The best way to attack Le Havre on the Relinquish map
Buzz my mother's French friend's father's seaside cottage
And much more! (I hope)

The only bad thing is we'll have to take 109s!

ATAG_Highseas
Jul-29-2016, 03:20
A little bit of cinema centred on Vampire

https://youtu.be/SfGNOBjAt54

ATAG_Highseas
Jul-29-2016, 03:21
Great videos all, stay tuned for "Le Flare's French Flyabout" featuring the tour of the Normandy D Day beaches that we can probably do in August.

Yippee !!!!

DerDa
Jul-29-2016, 03:43

Attractions include:

D Day beaches
Tourist trap towns
The best way to attack Le Havre on the Relinquish map
Buzz my mother's French friend's father's seaside cottage
And much more! (I hope)

The only bad thing is we'll have to take 109s!

I would even fly a 109 for that (or die trying) but please, please, please not in August!
From mid August until 7th of September I will be in a place very much like 'The Restaurant at the End of the Universe' just without the restaurant and without internet.

ATAG_Highseas
Jul-29-2016, 03:52
I would even fly a 109 for that (or die trying) but please, please, please not in August!
From mid August until 7th of September I will be in a place very much like 'The Restaurant at the End of the Universe' just without the restaurant and without internet.

Me too as it goes. Probably without the talking buffet though....

ATAG_Vampire
Jul-29-2016, 04:18
Thanks for the Video Seas. Pity about the big smoking hole at the end. Still I did manage a few passes through the hangars. :thumbsup:

It was great fun at the 'Ford Fiesta' and with a great bunch of guys and I cannot wait for Sightseeing lll and 'flares French Flyabout'.

I really love this sim!

Artist
Jul-29-2016, 07:37
The only bad thing is we'll have to take 109s!Urgh, I wouldn't know the inside of its cockpit from a hole in the ground, but, as DerDa wrote: For this I'll try dying.

Artist
Aug-11-2016, 09:15
Some belated pictures of our exploits: Mostly junk, smoke and fire.

ATAG_Highseas
Aug-11-2016, 09:25
Some belated pictures of our exploits: Mostly junk, smoke and fire.

haha !! Cheers Artist !

We really did trash a few planes on that eh?!

Great fun !

dix
Aug-11-2016, 14:02
I don't know how I did it, but I got the hole night into under 6min.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5r2-FiUlOco

oh nice video!

see highseas? you went into a mad loopy loop instead of coming up with us all :P

i'm glad someone posted the loop, mine has a few glitches :c

ATAG_Highseas
Aug-11-2016, 14:15
oh nice video!

see highseas? you went into a mad loopy loop instead of coming up with us all :P

i'm glad someone posted the loop, mine has a few glitches :c

hahah yeah.. and all I was trying to do was set the compass

ATAG_Vampire
Aug-12-2016, 12:14
More like open a bottle of Spitfire beer! Hehe. :bsign:

ATAG_Highseas
Aug-12-2016, 12:44
More like open a bottle of Spitfire beer! Hehe. :bsign:

RUMMBLED !!!:coolio: