PDA

View Full Version : Plane Spotter Cards

ATAG_Highseas
Jun-21-2016, 11:12
Has anyone compiled a sheet (or two) of recognition cards or similar showing the planes currently moddeled in CLoD?

Id like to stick an A3 sheet to my wall / Monitor so I can get used to identifying planes correctly !

I'm assuming someone must have already done this by now... but if they have I can't find it.

If not I will probably knock something up... and post here when I'm done...

Cheers !

BOO
Jun-21-2016, 12:39
This > . < is what anything blue looks like at a safe distance. If it looks like this > . < - its not at a safe distance.

Hope this helps

:-)

DRock
Jun-21-2016, 13:57
Has anyone compiled a sheet (or two) of recognition cards or similar showing the planes currently moddeled in CLoD?

Id like to stick an A3 sheet to my wall / Monitor so I can get used to identifying planes correctly !

I'm assuming someone must have already done this by now... but if they have I can't find it.

If not I will probably knock something up... and post here when I'm done...

Cheers !

Check online on google images. There's plenty of spotter cards there.

Do not pull the trigger until 100% sure of your target.

~S~

ATAG_Highseas
Jun-21-2016, 16:02
This > . < is what anything blue looks like at a safe distance. If it looks like this > . < - its not at a safe distance.

Hope this helps

:-)

Hahahah !

Cheers Boo !

ATAG_Highseas
Jun-21-2016, 16:04
Check online on google images. There's plenty of spotter cards there.

Do not pull the trigger until 100% sure of your target.

~S~

hehe!

I know what a 110 looks like now... its that big thing in front that is shooting at me when I get close enough to try an figure out what it is...

Bullets at me eh?... clearly enemy... RATATATATATTTTT

Marco
Jun-21-2016, 16:16
@Highseas,

Although not quite your easily manageable spotter card/s; I did start work on an 'Aircraft Recognition' manual in PDF format some while back.
Although it is, as yet, unfinished due to work and other 'stuff' I still want to get it up to date before the release of TF v5.0 if only for my own amusement!

If the community find this useful then I'll 'pull me finger out' and get it done.

Check here: Aircraft Recognition Manual (https://www.dropbox.com/s/9vknkvij2kw0wlb/Aircraft%20Recognition%20v1.1.pdf?dl=0)

~S~

ATAG_Highseas
Jun-21-2016, 17:09
@Highseas,

If the community find this useful then I'll 'pull me finger out' and get it done.

That's pretty much the kind of thing I have been looking for !

I was trying to find a basic plane chart... like the ones you see of various fish in Fish and Chip shops ! But in A3 showing the planes I encounter in Cliffs...

Oh look... a saveloy ... erm.. I mean a Dornier..

But yes... what you have there is definatley the sort of thing I've been looking for!

That's great !

ATAG_Highseas
Jun-21-2016, 17:12
yes yes.. Saveloy... I know it's not on the fish poster

'Ahh the Saveloy, most elusive of fish' - Fly fishing - J R Hartley

DerDa
Jun-22-2016, 02:55
How can you possibly confuse a Dornier wirth a saveloy?
http://www.nationalwurst.ch/wp-content/uploads/2015/05/Cervelat-Nationalwurst1.png

A Dornier is much slimmer, more like a wiener !
http://www.bleyer-wichert.de/wp-content/uploads/2012/12/Wiener-Wuerstchen_einzeln-gross.jpg

ATAG_Highseas
Jul-02-2016, 14:26
@Highseas,

Check here: Aircraft Recognition Manual (https://www.dropbox.com/s/9vknkvij2kw0wlb/Aircraft%20Recognition%20v1.1.pdf?dl=0)

~S~

Community doesn seem to have noticed by the look of it !!

I think your work so far is superb. And I salute you !

Marco
Jul-02-2016, 16:48
I should have some more free time in the next couple of weeks and will get back to work on it.

In the meantime, I'm glad you liked it.

~S~

ATAG_Highseas
Jul-02-2016, 17:00
I should have some more free time in the next couple of weeks and will get back to work on it.

In the meantime, I'm glad you liked it.

~S~

I think its great.

I amazed this hasnt become part of the welcome post for both Axis and Allies.

It should be !

Erpr.Gr.210_Mölders
Jul-02-2016, 19:49
@Highseas,

Although not quite your easily manageable spotter card/s; I did start work on an 'Aircraft Recognition' manual in PDF format some while back.
Although it is, as yet, unfinished due to work and other 'stuff' I still want to get it up to date before the release of TF v5.0 if only for my own amusement!

~S~

Great work Marco, ottimo lavoro!

Especially for new players joining the CoD world and community these are kind of works that can help them a lot in recognizing the various aircraft available in the game with a glance.
I'm pretty sure that if you will conclude the work about it you will certainly realize the desire of a lot of people and you will help a lot, with this small piece of art, the community knowledge to grow!

Bravo Marco! Un saluto...e buon lavoro!

Maj Robert Mölders,
Gruppenkommandeur,
Stab I./JG 51

ATAG_Lord Wukits
Dec-02-2016, 16:19

ATAG_Highseas
Dec-02-2016, 19:07

Hahahah! Like it!