PDA

View Full Version : Couple of key questions

Infidel0369
Jun-24-2016, 16:48
What are the game defined key commands for chock blocks in and out? Also my view seems to be very close even before I lean into the gunsite. Is there a seat forward and back command?

BOO
Jun-24-2016, 17:09
What are the game defined key commands for chock blocks in and out? Also my view seems to be very close even before I lean into the gunsite. Is there a seat forward and back command?

hey Infidel

The stock key binding for chocls is Q - in the controls is called "instruct groundcrew to inser/remove chocls" or something like.

If you feel that youre sat too close you can zoom out - there is no seat forward command. Zooming in and out is related to increase and decrease FOV command in the controls. you will need to assign two keys or buttons ideally on your joystick.

You can then adjust the speed suit your tastes as the default may be a little too fast.

To set this you need to go to the 1c Softclub/IL2 Sturmovikcliffof dover/-MOD folder that is found usually in your documants (not programmes). In the MOD folder, find the confuser file, open it with wordpad and look for the (MOD) section. If its not there worry not just type in the following text anywhere:

[MOD]
ZoomSpeed=

No you can set the spped (between 1 and 10). I have mine set at 6 but it defends on your refresh rate and fps. type in the desired number after the = sign.

One other thing to check if your using head tracking is that your default potion isnt affecting the view - if youve not altered anything it shouldnt be and a lot do find the standard view a little to close at first.

Hope this helps

Regards

BOO

Infidel0369
Jun-24-2016, 17:22
hey Infidel

The stock key binding for chocls is Q - in the controls is called "instruct groundcrew to inser/remove chocls" or something like.

If you feel that youre sat too close you can zoom out - there is no seat forward command. Zooming in and out is related to increase and decrease FOV command in the controls. you will need to assign two keys or buttons ideally on your joystick.

You can then adjust the speed suit your tastes as the default may be a little too fast.

To set this you need to go to the 1c Softclub/IL2 Sturmovikcliffof dover/-MOD folder that is found usually in your documants (not programmes). In the MOD folder, find the confuser file, open it with wordpad and look for the (MOD) section. If its not there worry not just type in the following text anywhere:

[MOD]
ZoomSpeed=

No you can set the spped (between 1 and 10). I have mine set at 6 but it defends on your refresh rate and fps. type in the desired number after the = sign.

One other thing to check if your using head tracking is that your default potion isnt affecting the view - if youve not altered anything it shouldnt be and a lot do find the standard view a little to close at first.

Hope this helps

Regards

BOO

Thanks again for the assist. Didn't think to look in "Comms" section. Will try when I get home from work. Big thanks for the files! 4.0 installed very quickly after downloading those

ATAG_Highseas
Jun-24-2016, 17:25
I thought it was C

Mine was... until i rebound it to the space bar.

Infidel0369
Jun-24-2016, 17:33
Will try both to see which works.

BOO
Jun-24-2016, 17:50
Yeah could be my bad there- nothing i have is how it started anymore!!

You may even have to assign one yourself.

1lokos
Jun-25-2016, 00:34
The command is "Signal Ground Crew to Insert or Remove Chocks" and is in Options > Controls > Aircraft (category)> Tab Keys.

Since this is a add-on command by TF no key was assigned by default, everyone should set the key as desired.

ATAG_Lewis
Jun-25-2016, 07:13
'Toggle Chocks' would have been so much easier....Many new players have this trouble...I wonder if its an easy job for TF to change for 5.0?...Just a thought...Those chaps work hard enough as it is...

You know I just realised this key has been missed in the 'Dedicating Key' section of the 'Beginners Guide'.....I need to address that....Doh!

1lokos
Jun-25-2016, 12:20
ATAG_Lewis
'Toggle Chocks' would have been so much easier....Many new players have this trouble...I wonder if its an easy job for TF to change for 5.0?...Just a thought...Those chaps work hard enough as it is...

Change commands names is relatively easy*, is just matter to edit text files.

* Became a "problem" because in CloD are several languages besides the original Russian (English, French, German and more), in others languages than English some commands names finished contrary to what should mean. All translations seems done through Rustran (http://www.rustran.com/).

"Fix" this can be done be community members to save TF work - if TF agree in add the corrections in their patches - as well new Languages, e.g. Spanish, Portuguese, etc.

BTW - IL-2 BoS/BoM suffer from same problem, bad translation with unintuitive names for commands e.g. "External Camera" is called "Allow Spectators", or "Switch to a next free plane combat post" for take turret control.

Gizz
Jun-26-2016, 07:43

[MOD]
ZoomSpeed=

Nice one booster im gonna do this, mine zooms way to fast and results in many lost contacts :(...

you mention default views, can you change these then??? i think i may have changed mine by accident as my GS is slighty off!.. only slighty but its enough to tickle my OSD :(

BOO
Jun-26-2016, 08:10
Nice one booster im gonna do this, mine zooms way to fast and results in many lost contacts :(...

you mention default views, can you change these then??? i think i may have changed mine by accident as my GS is slighty off!.. only slighty but its enough to tickle my OSD :(

Firstly im assuming you file proper aircraft with roundels and not those buzzy little tubs the wrong side use? :-)

Im not sure you can alter the defaults (i dont think you can) but there could be something in the conf files. That said its unlikely you could have altered those (if they exist) by mistake. If your using a headtracking device and have adopted someone else's profile they could have altered it i suppose. I have noticed that once in a while my gun sight is off very slightly also but this tends to correct itself as i move about so i put this down to a small hiccup with my opentrack software or an "its clod" thing.. As i say, its rare and does right itself almost straight away.

Sorry cant e of more help mate

Regards

BOO