PDA

View Full Version : Skins Test?

JG52_Krupi
Oct-15-2012, 05:21
Now that the netcode has been improved perhaps its time to test the custom skins again? :thumbsup:

ATAG_Bliss
Oct-15-2012, 06:23
Yeah I agree, but I have serious doubts that this piece of the puzzle was looked at. Sometime we'll give it a go though.

Doc
Oct-15-2012, 09:55
Is there anyway to prevent hello kitty skins? Like submit your skin to be approved rather than allow any?

Dutch
Oct-15-2012, 10:16
Is there anyway to prevent hello kitty skins? Like submit your skin to be approved rather than allow any?

Agree. Letting any custom skins in would be a disaster imo.

9./JG52 Hans Gruber
Oct-15-2012, 10:49
Agree. Letting any custom skins in would be a disaster imo.

+1

Even some of the stock skins are sketchy.

ChiefRedCloud
Oct-15-2012, 19:11
With no offense to all the very good skinners that may reside here, I believe there must be plenty of "Historical" skins so that we don't have to worry about Hello Kitty or Red Bull type aircraft. Just my opinion ....

71st_AH_Code_E
Oct-16-2012, 01:12
Hopefully custom skins work, or will work at some point, online. If or when that does happen, you could start a library of approved skins here on the forums.

You could start it off with some of your favorites, and as people submit their own, the approved ones could be added to this library.
It would eventually make it really easy for someone to find an ok skin without having to wait for it's approval.
Of, course, it's just an idea. :recon:

And it all rests on whether or not the netcode will be improved enough to even support custom skins.

Wolf
Oct-16-2012, 01:26
With no offense to all the very good skinners that may reside here, I believe there must be plenty of "Historical" skins so that we don't have to worry about Hello Kitty or Red Bull type aircraft. Just my opinion ....

And NOOOOOOOO Gangnam Style!

9./JG52 Jamz Dackel
Oct-16-2012, 05:11
And NOOOOOOOO Gangnam Style!

Woot.....woot,woot Gangnam style!

ATAG_Bliss
Oct-16-2012, 21:58
Hopefully custom skins work, or will work at some point, online. If or when that does happen, you could start a library of approved skins here on the forums.

You could start it off with some of your favorites, and as people submit their own, the approved ones could be added to this library.
It would eventually make it really easy for someone to find an ok skin without having to wait for it's approval.
Of, course, it's just an idea. :recon:

And it all rests on whether or not the netcode will be improved enough to even support custom skins.

Sadly it doesn't work like that. Custom skins are either off or on. That means somebody that saves their skin in the wrong format (IE - a 20mb file) could load up that skin in game and force everyone else to download that skin. I think that was part of the problem when we initially had custom skins turned on. Almost every player would get a huge freeze when they were enabled. I did ask for a feature like that to the devs sometime back. But I didn't get an answer.

I think it would be great to be able to have skin packs that the server could store, then the clients could download the pack, and with that you'd automatically be synced with what was approved server side and client side (no freezing!). Maybe that's just wishful thinking :)

Either way, we'll definitely have to give it a test to see if it has improved. I'm just guessing it hasn't though :D

JG52_Krupi
Oct-17-2012, 13:13
IT WILL WORK!

Bliss man you are too negative these days let the good vibes roll :stoner: , take a look at the ATAG symbol (that no one has adopted :ind: ) in particular the latin...

http://s5.postimage.org/p04oeuw8n/ATAG_Wings_SKY.jpg

"ILLEGITIMI NON CARBORUNDUM" or "Don't let the bastards grind you down".

:thumbsup: :salute:

Doc
Oct-17-2012, 14:21
in particular the latin...

That is some funny dung. roflmao You mean the guy that insist on being called El Guapo on blue coms??