PDA

View Full Version : Non-functional bomb delay

Arrakin
Jun-27-2016, 00:41
Hi all, I've been trying to do some low altitude bombing practice in the blenheim with 11 second delays on my bombs, but they detonate on impact.
I have made sure to set the delays in the plane loadout in the options menu and saved everything with a unique name but no matter what I try they go off on contact with the ground. This is super frustrating, it seems straightforward and I have seen others do it in videos but I cant get the delays to work, please help!

ATAG_Monkeynut
Jun-27-2016, 05:40
Have you definitely selected 11 second delay for the bomb set you have currently loaded on the aircraft?

Are you in Single player or multiplayer? Maybe single player you can't alter the load out properly, not sure, but load out can't be changed on single player for fighters, without saving a load out for that aircraft type in multiplayer first or changing the load out via the config file.

TBH 11 second delay is not a great fuse for low level bombing targets on land. I only use them for skip bombing ships. For land targets they tend to bounce a long way from the target before they explode.

I find 1 second delay best for low level bombing of ground targets. It has the added advantage that if you're being chased you can pull the fighter down to tree top height and drop a nice present for him.

ATAG_Knuckles
Jun-27-2016, 09:12
Arrakin; if you see me on team speak, let me know we con go to a seperate chanel and go through all the set up steps, them go out and I can watch your bombs drop and explode

Knucks

Arrakin
Jun-27-2016, 14:36
Thanks for answering guys, I tested the bombs in the ATAG server and the timers work fine there. It must just be an issue with the cross-country SP mission that I've been using to practice!