PDA

View Full Version : Upgrading to crossfire...any tips guys?

Tonester
Oct-15-2012, 19:56
Hey guys...i have a 1 gb ati5770 and just picked up a cheap second one and am gonna wack it
in the pc to see if there is any improvement

Is it just a matter of plugging in the card to pcie, power and the other card with crossfire cable?....
Or is there more to it...do i have to enable anything in CLOD...or the Bios?....or is it just plug and pray

Any help greatly appreciated

T
:salute:

Dutch
Oct-15-2012, 20:04
ATAG members calling JTDawg....Repeat, calling JTDawg.......Repeat, Calling JTDawg..........Well, you get the picture!! :D

ATAG_JTDawg
Oct-15-2012, 21:20
ATAG members calling JTDawg....Repeat, calling JTDawg.......Repeat, Calling JTDawg..........Well, you get the picture!! :D

Dawg here !!

ATAG_JTDawg
Oct-15-2012, 21:54
Hey guys...i have a 1 gb ati5770 and just picked up a cheap second one and am gonna wack it
in the pc to see if there is any improvement

Is it just a matter of plugging in the card to pcie, power and the other card with crossfire cable?....
Or is there more to it...do i have to enable anything in CLOD...or the Bios?....or is it just plug and pray

Any help greatly appreciated

T
:salute:

hey m8, unplug pc - insert second card , in pcie slot, making sure it locks in place - without knowing your power supply this could be your down fall as bare min of a 650 for single card . im running certified 850 gold 2 rail, as you need 5 power lines (8 holes split to 6 ) so 2 to each card then 1 to power for vid cards ( normally right above top card , ) pcie power , put your cross fire hook up your cards ( left side of cards ) to combine , turn on your pc an then go to ccc , to cross fire chick enable cross fire screen will flash a couple times an go dink dink . should work no problem! i'll be watching post if you have any probloms, i'll need to know mobo type power supply etc might need to reset cmos but i doubt it . it should pick up your new card no problem salute an ask away Dawg :geek: also run cable out of top card to monitor

ATAG_JTDawg
Oct-17-2012, 19:59
did this help or no :(

wowsers
Oct-22-2012, 17:30
Dink,Dink,Dink Dawg I think ya scared him away :PP

ATAG_JTDawg
Oct-22-2012, 18:15
LOL sometimes that tec talk is abit to much ----------------------------------------- last i heard he was awaiting it to arrive :)