PDA

View Full Version : Teamspeak quietening over time ?!

ATAG_Highseas
Jul-01-2016, 11:54
OK...

so its been noted to be a cople fo nights in a row that my voice on teamspeak gets quieter as time prgresses... typically iover half an houir whjen i get asked if i have moved my mic.

It was working totally fine up until last week.

Has anyone else had this?

I've made no adjustments either hardware or software.

I have recently started using TS Notifier, but that was working fine for a good week or two before this weird quietening thing started happening.

If I quit and restart Teamspeak it goes back to normal... (that without exiting Cliffs or anything else) and then half an hour later i sound (apparently) like i hvae moved far far away.

Running Windows 10... wil confirm which version of teamspeak later. Its the one before the latest "upgrade prompt" which i have been ignoring... curiously for about the same length of time....

Any thoughts?

Vlerkies
Jul-01-2016, 12:07
Sounds like a software modulated thing tbh.
Mike/soundcard/mobo sound driver config/ts capture settings?

Thats where to start.
Might be some modulating option ticked that auto adjust that you need to turn off.
All assuming you are talking the same and the same distance from the mike itself.

In TS in the settings/options/Capture/ menu,,,, try ticking or unticking 'automatic voice gain control'.
Mine is ticked.

ATAG_Lewis
Jul-01-2016, 13:36
Remember that some applications have self regulating noise cancellation...I know Skype does...If you cough the volume level goes down for a while and then slowly comes back up..

Erpr.Gr.210_Mölders
Jul-01-2016, 15:34
Not experienced this until now, sorry...( but note that I haven't still updated to the new version available )

ATAG_Snapper
Jul-02-2016, 09:53
Are you using Push To Talk? If not, then possibly "white noise" (air conditioning, TV, neighbourhood gunfire) is causing the Auto Gain Control to attenuate your mic.

Erpr.Gr.210_Mölders
Jul-02-2016, 13:29
I've set the title of your post in a google search and I found this that could be of help to solve your problem!

REF: http://forum.teamspeak.com/threads/51829-Solved-Sounds-goes-really-quiet-while-speaking-to-the-microphone

Vlerkies
Jul-02-2016, 15:23
That setting just reduces the playback sound when you key your mike, not your own mike volume as far as I know.

ATAG_Highseas
Jul-03-2016, 10:26
Hmmm

Yeah.. im using push to talk, headphones so the echo cancelation stuff i have switched off...

Auto voice gain is off.

Using a blue snowball mic.

Ive messed about a bit with the settings and wil see how i get on.

one thing i woudl note is that if i try using teamspeak without headphones it just feeds back like crazy. (even with teh auto vioce gainb switched on)

Its been like that since i started using it... but with headphones its not an issue.

Erpr.Gr.210_Mölders
Jul-03-2016, 12:49
one thing i woudl note is that if i try using teamspeak without headphones it just feeds back like crazy. (even with teh auto vioce gainb switched on)

Its been like that since i started using it

That's fault of the computer default microphone... when the headset is not connected it will pick any sound received from the ambient around generating the feeds. ;)