PDA

View Full Version : Impressed with Ammunition Types and Effects

JagdNeun
Jul-14-2016, 11:19
I have to say that after watching ApeoftheYear's Tutorial on Ammunition Loadout that I am super impressed. Just another excellent feature this sim has modeled.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uaM5jFf5omo

Erpr.Gr.210_Mölders
Jul-14-2016, 14:39
Indeed!!! ;) :salute:

RAF74_Buzzsaw
Jul-14-2016, 16:18
Ammunition and damage modeling are one of the strong points of this sim and we expect to update and improve them for TF 5.0. :D

ATAG_Colander
Jul-14-2016, 16:30
Ammunition and damage modeling are one of the strong points of this sim and we expect to update and improve them for TF 5.0. :D

Don't expect Phasers and Disruptors :D

Erpr.Gr.210_Mölders
Jul-15-2016, 06:18
For a " Special Ammunition experience " try also the Su-26 ;)
I want the incinerator also in my Bf 110 rear gunner!!! ( maybe finally RAF planes will not fly anymore for 10 minutes also badly damaged!!! ) :) :) :) :salute:

JagdNeun
Jul-15-2016, 09:12
It sounds like the newbie, has touched on a sensitive area.....:recon: Well, either way...it's great to see this effort of detail in the sim, and with more complexities come more opportunities to perfect. It sounds like 5.0 is going to address some of these issues. :thumbsup:

ATAG_Highseas
Jul-15-2016, 09:48
maybe finally RAF planes will not fly anymore for 10 minutes also badly damaged!!! ) :) :) :) :salute:

That just sounds like balloon envy..

I love the standard RAF issue party-balloon pack.

Couple of hundred of those in the back and you don't really need the wings at all.

:ilike:

ATAG_Colander
Jul-15-2016, 10:02
It sounds like the newbie, has touched on a sensitive area

No you didn't. If it was a sensitive area the thread would have 100+ posts, derailed and be locked by now :)

Erpr.Gr.210_Mölders
Jul-15-2016, 11:08
Couple of hundred of those in the back and you don't really need the wings at all.

:ilike:

We are trying to find a solution to this at the Peenemünde research facility! :):):)

JagdNeun
Jul-15-2016, 11:48
No you didn't. If it was a sensitive area the thread would have 100+ posts, derailed and be locked by now :)

Oh my, that's not the kind of sensitive I meant, but you have made your point.:thumbsup:

Catseye
Jul-18-2016, 21:15
I have to say that after watching ApeoftheYear's Tutorial on Ammunition Loadout that I am super impressed. Just another excellent feature this sim has modeled.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uaM5jFf5omo

Team Fusion, in which I was a member at the time and charged with correcting the ammunition and some damage modelling, took great pains to research available data for the period which included projectile energy and ballistics, energy transfers kinetic and incendiary to components (your pic is one of the sites evaluated) - couple that with a detailed damage model which took into consideration the composition of components (aluminium, iron, wood, canvass), their location and destructive values and what it would do to the aircraft if destroyed or damaged: link that to the excellent graphics details of the damage and you have the "beginning" of a resurrected COD from the original.

It was fun to do but also . . . . . very, very time consuming in just this area - not only for research, but also for test after test after test.

Personally, I am pleased with the DeWilde results which were absent in the original and also watching engine mounts break apart under cannon fire and the engines depart the bombers.

Cheers,
Cats . . .

Pareto
Jul-19-2016, 00:01
CloD damage model: there's nothing like it!