PDA

View Full Version : 1.5 or 2.0 ??

ATAG_Torian
Jul-16-2016, 06:47
Hadn't flown DCS for a long while and went to spark up my 1.5 beta but it won't run. Seems to update fine but but just plain won't start.
Sooo I uninstalled everything and deleted the Eagle dynamics folder.
My question now is do I purchase the Nevada map so I can instal DCS 2.0 or do I instal 1.5 (non beta) ?
Is 2.0 what every1 is going with ?
Whats the difference apart from the new map ?
I really only fly the WW2 aircraft although I own most aircraft modules.

Foul Ole Ron
Jul-16-2016, 08:02
A clean install of 1.5.4 should work ok. I have Nevada but spend more time in the Caucus map. With Starway's texture mod it's really looks a lot better these days. ED are working on combining the two versions into 2.5. We should be getting an update on progress with that over the next few weeks. That will include a significant update to the Caucus map too apparently in terms of the overall look. I think most people are still using the Caucus map more as Nevada is still in alpha and there's just more content for the Caucus map.

Nevada is worth getting though if anything just to see what the future of DCS will look like. The A-10C Red Flag DLC campaign that you can buy for Nevada is really excellent. If you're getting Nevada I'd probably wait to see what deals they offer with it. Fairly frequently they've been doing bundles of the map + campaigns or the map + a module which might be a decent deal if there's a module you're missing that you'd be interested in picking up.

ATAG_Torian
Jul-16-2016, 20:47
Thx Ron, will do a clean install of 1.5.4 then and take ur advice and await a bundle deal on Nevada.
Cheers m8.