JG52_Krupi
Oct-18-2012, 16:54
Thanks for the quick update!

:salute:

Whats the verdict?

ATAG_Deacon
Oct-18-2012, 16:56
http://store.steampowered.com/news/?appids=63950

Will the game auto update or is it another download?

I'm at work and don't have access to Steam :ind:

9./JG52 Hans Gruber
Oct-18-2012, 17:05
Whats the verdict?

Likely to be very similar to RC2 if not the same. Not much to be done in 3 business days.

Will the game auto update or is it another download?

I'm at work and don't have access to Steam :ind:

Auto updates.

ATAG_Snapper
Oct-18-2012, 18:09
89 players on and it ran smooth as silk. :thumbsup:

Dutch
Oct-18-2012, 19:26
Easily 10fps improvement, so I hiked the graphics to max and went flying on ATAG. Smooth as silk, even in multiple player combat.

It was the dawn mission and I'd swear that some of the old lighting is back, complete with 'golden hour' or whatever they call it. The far clouds are there, glowing with the sun behind them.

I have no complaints re combat, FMs, whatever. But one thing I'm thankful for, and Mr Keller isn't, is that the Stukas are no longer made of solid armour plate and can be brought down quite easily, as should be the case.

Canopy drag is definately there, but so is the sound radar. But as I've said before, I don't know what they could do about this without drowning out a lot of the other atmospheric external sounds too.

I've been on the game for a few hours tonight, and have to say that I'm loving it. Finally we 're at a stage where there's no point spending time testing. We just get on with the game and fly.

All I've wanted, all along the line, was v1.05 without launcher crashes. It seems we have that plus a lot more. Although I haven't flown the Blen yet. I do hope they've altered that from the RC2 version.

:dthumb:

Wolf
Oct-18-2012, 19:46
Easily 10fps improvement, so I hiked the graphics to max and went flying on ATAG. Smooth as silk, even in multiple player combat.

It was the dawn mission and I'd swear that some of the old lighting is back, complete with 'golden hour' or whatever they call it. The far clouds are there, glowing with the sun behind them.

I have no complaints re combat, FMs, whatever. But one thing I'm thankful for, and Mr Keller isn't, is that the Stukas are no longer made of soild armour plate and can be brought down quite easily, as should be the case.

Canopy drag is definately there, but so is the sound radar. But as I've said before, I don't know what they could do about this without drowning out a lot of the other atmospheric external sounds too.

I've been on the game for a few hours tonight, and have to say that I'm loving it. Finally we 're at a stage where there's no point spending time testing. We just get on with the game and fly.

All I've wanted, all along the line, was v1.05 without launcher crashes. It seems we have that plus a lot more. Although I haven't flown the Blen yet. I do hope they've altered that from the RC2 version.

:dthumb:

Awesome! Sounds like good news and 89 players online that is just fantastic.

I am at work and only just saw this. I should have stayed home today :)... maybe I shall go home now... is my boss looking..

Spent yesterday at home all day working on chanel command re-write. Played for 2 hours last night with new version and played sweet. Just building the new submissions as it is ready to roll for this weekend. Did someone say they wanted to Bomb and defend London ???.

Doc
Oct-18-2012, 21:31
So it is here.

Ohms
Oct-18-2012, 22:23
Ok Guys , I need feedback how do the red a/c fly? At the moment I am no where near my computer and won't be until Oct 29. Presently on the east coast of Canada(Moncton NB) and as of Sunday I will be on the west coast( Prince Rupert BC):grrr: So you need to help me with all the info you can give.

Salute Ohmie

ATAG_JTDawg
Oct-18-2012, 23:03
Hey m8 mostly good think rotol 100 oct back ! couple things here or there more fps etc , not telling anymore till you get back , :PP:PP

ChiefRedCloud
Oct-18-2012, 23:25
Well I'm some where under novice for far too many things, but the Benny I flew to test that my patch worked (in the ATAG server) started, taxied and flew great ..... No hestations, no sound cutting out .... seemed pretty good to me ...

JG52_Krupi
Oct-19-2012, 03:59
God damn sound radar, I suggest all pilots abusing sound radar (i.e. open cockpits) are given a two week ban :PP

Could someone tell me what the cockpit drag is like now?

92 Sqn. Philstyle (QJ-P)
Oct-19-2012, 06:13

I found it difficult to get a consistent and convincing change in airspeed with canopy open/closed.

My little test at around 240mph indicated (1000ft above sea level) "seemed" to produce the following:
Canopy open: 238mph, level flight
Open canopy: Speed increased to around 242 and I started climbing by 300-400ft per minute. re-trimming for level flight again added a couple more mph.

But I'm not convinced that this happen every time. The margins of change are so small that any number of other factors cloud be at play.

*Helo*
Oct-19-2012, 06:38

I have the impression that the difference is only around 5 MPH at sea level when I played with the canopy last night on ATAG in a Spit_100Oct.

JG52_Krupi
Oct-19-2012, 09:36
Bugger it, you it should be getting a 30mph difference at least not a smegging measly 5mph... damn you luthier you got my hopes up :grrr:

ATAG_Snapper
Oct-19-2012, 09:56
Well, I'm flying with canopy closed virtually all the time now. Closing the canopy at various speeds and altitudes gives subtle improvements in performance. On closing the canopy sometimes there's no apparent change in IAS, but the ROC gauge will show a slight increase in fpm climb -- which translates to 5-10 mph IAS increase when you retrim to level flight. I also heard on TS that the "sonar" doesn't work anymore with this Final Patch. Can anyone confirm or refute?

ATAG_Deacon
Oct-19-2012, 09:57
Bugger it, you it should be getting a 30mph difference at least not a smegging measly 5mph... damn you luthier you got my hopes up :grrr:

Krupi, it's not so much the speed drop. If you keep the canopy open yes, you do slow down...the bad part is the drag + temps. I've opened mine on the Spit II for a minute and my temps started going up.

I would rather have the canopy closed and lower temps than the canopy open and overheat. To me the overheat is the killer.

I've not gone all out though and flown with the canopy open since the patch before this one, which has led to some pretty good bounces from 109's. Maybe someone who's left the canopy open for a full flight can chime in...but I wouldn't be :grrr: as we are penalized, it just takes some time to get there in my view.

ATAG_JTDawg
Oct-19-2012, 13:55
God damn sound radar, I suggest all pilots abusing sound radar (i.e. open cockpits) are given a two week ban :PP

Hey m8 , My wingman an i were both snuck up on ! hell he was almost flying as 3rd wingman , thats how close he was ! why he didn't open up on us i'll never know . although at certain angles , I can still hear them , going up in the zoom, when i roll over on 1 if the angle is right, bombers from above when rolling over for anouther attack, but not from behind ! like i could . An agree with Snapper there is a 5 to 10 mph penalty depending on plane ,. Personally not sure about over heating like Deacon said , but i did notice some things he said , What i have noticed is i can grab a plane , an i will have to watch the temps hard becouse it seems to wants to over heat , Respawn next time same plane same loadout , an i can beat that plane like a mule with no problems , an never come close to over heating ! hmm ? An i am flying with canopy open , till engaged now .

Ivank
Oct-20-2012, 05:31

30 Mph is a lot what are you basing this on Krupi ?

ATAG_Colander
Oct-20-2012, 11:30
From what I've read about other WWII planes (sorry, don't have the links) the difference is between 5 and 10mph depending on the shape of the canopy but the wind and engine noise should be very loud.

III./ZG76_Keller
Oct-20-2012, 18:44
Not to mention the wind chill at altitude.