PDA

View Full Version : RC2 gone Final on STEAM

Ivank
Oct-18-2012, 19:11
As you know gents. RC2 has gone final on STEAM. its REALLY IMPORTANT you show your support for CLOD. Do so on this thread ASAP

http://forum.1cpublishing.eu/showthread.php?t=35087

ATAG_Snapper
Oct-18-2012, 19:23
Done. Thanks for the heads up. :thumbsup:

BTW Sean, thanks for all YOUR hard work in getting this Final Patch up to snuff.

ATAG_Deacon
Oct-18-2012, 19:45

BTW Sean, thanks for all YOUR hard work in getting this Final Patch up to snuff.

+1

Patch is AWESOME!!!!

Dutch
Oct-18-2012, 19:56

+2.

Cheers IvanK. I now recommend less testing and more shooting. :)

ATAG_JTDawg
Oct-18-2012, 21:05
Already did :) thought i was even nice lol

III./ZG76_Keller
Oct-18-2012, 21:19
Hey Ivank, how high did you get that spitfire today? Or was it a Hurri?

Ivank
Oct-19-2012, 06:33
Spit IIA 29,300Ft got above the cirrus :)

Climbed from the deck at +9/3000Rpm. After FTH left Full throttle and by around 20,000ft reduced RPM to 2800 to ensure Oil temp didnt exceed 95C. Gave it a quick 3000RPM from about 28,000ft. Other than that it was fine. Seems only the Spit IIA is totally free of the rough running.

http://i40.photobucket.com/albums/e215/zulu64/293Kft.jpg

9./JG52 Jamz Dackel
Oct-19-2012, 06:38
Well that sux as the 109 doesn't go anywhere near that Alt...so no afai am concerned its not a good patch...

These are basic things you need to get right for balance, how many more FM mess ups are they going to reintroduce or introduce, so we now the hurri and spit able to go way higher than the messi..

Excellent

ATAG_Colander
Oct-19-2012, 10:24
:( the 109 can't even dream of going that high

Dutch
Oct-19-2012, 10:31
Good Grief. Are me and Snapper going to have to learn to fly 109s just to show you lot how it should be done?? :devilish:

Joke!!! Joke!!!!! :)

9./JG52 Jamz Dackel
Oct-19-2012, 10:31
Man the attitude of some red fliers over at 1c... I mean come on do they really not understand or agree with what I'm saying? Do I really need to provide workings out and graphs...lmao

And how long do we now have to wait?!

III./ZG76_Keller
Oct-19-2012, 10:45
I took a 109 E-3 out for a climb last night and the highest I could get was 7500m (24600 ft). The 109 basically becomes useless at 7000m though, climbed the last 500m at the verge of a stall.

Spitfires with a ceiling 2000m (6500 ft) higher than a 109 is a major issue, this needs to be addressed.

9./JG52 Jamz Dackel
Oct-19-2012, 10:59
I took a 109 E-3 out for a climb last night and the highest I could get was 7500m (24600 ft). The 109 basically becomes useless at 7000m though, climbed the last 500m at the verge of a stall.

Spitfires with a ceiling 2000m (6500 ft) higher than a 109 is a major issue, this needs to be addressed.

That's the thing mate, by all accounts it won't be...I don't get it, why has that FM been made official?

And the while we (red) were nerfed so now its your turn attitude is pathectic from some

Dutch
Oct-19-2012, 11:15

Hmmm. That seriously isn't good if so. Climbing a Spit to that kind of height (29,000) takes some patience and very careful handling though. It's not the sort of thing you'd actually use in game, and it takes about an hour to get up there.

IvanK is a predominantly Blue flyer, so maybe we should see what he makes of the 109. I'm not questioning anyone's ability here by the way, but it'd be nice to know what result he got in both a/c.

JG52_Krupi
Oct-19-2012, 13:13
Agreed, Ivank whats your opinion on the 109?

I normally don't go near FM's even with a barge pole (can of worms etc) but you have always come across as a unbiased pilot :thumbsup:

ATAG_JTDawg
Oct-19-2012, 14:56
Man the attitude of some red fliers over at 1c... I mean come on do they really not understand or agree with what I'm saying? Do I really need to provide workings out and graphs...lmao

And how long do we now have to wait?!

Please dont take this wrong , but after 15 months of flying crap planes for the RED , An taking our beating ,most of us like men ! THERE are still problems for both sides ! An since many of us just wanted a fighting chance , a competitive game , atleast it is a little closer now , can some of our planes fly higher -yes maybe in 15 months when then next game comes out the moon an planets will alinge again , but until then it is what it is ! AN im not trying to be mean or start a flame war here , but the shoe is on the other foot now , The better flyers an tactics will still win , sorry not meant to offend , but i still think the game is closer then it has been in a year :recon:

ATAG_Colander
Oct-19-2012, 15:09
Personally, and as a 109 pilot, I'm happy the red planes are a threat.
On the spits and hurris being able to go higher than a 109, I understand the concerns but, if we move the bombers a bit lower, that shouldn't be a problem.

Recoilfx
Oct-19-2012, 15:15
I think the bigger test is whether the 109 is competitive at around 3-6k even if it cant achieve higher altitude. I'm more interested at how well it turns and climbs at those altitudes. If it handles well at those altitudes, then we have a fighting chance.

In addition to the radiator being so weak and equalization of climb rates, most of 109's advantages are gone. We gonna have to tighten our belts!

9./JG52 Jamz Dackel
Oct-19-2012, 15:22
Please dont take this wrong , but after 15 months of flying crap planes for the RED , An taking our beating ,most of us like men ! THERE are still problems for both sides ! An since many of us just wanted a fighting chance , a competitive game , atleast it is a little closer now , can some of our planes fly higher -yes maybe in 15 months when then next game comes out the moon an planets will alinge again , but until then it is what it is ! AN im not trying to be mean or start a flame war here , but the shoe is on the other foot now , The better flyers an tactics will still win , sorry not meant to offend , but i still think the game is closer then it has been in a year :recon:

lol..none taken

feel yer boots mate, it is what it is

Recoilfx
Oct-19-2012, 15:30
One thing that came out of this final patch is CLOSURE. :)

It looks finally people can just let it be now.. It is what it is....

Dutch
Oct-19-2012, 15:46

Absolutely Recoil.

The altitude for the Spits isn't restricted to the MkII by the way, I just had the Ia 87oct up to 29,500 over Dunkirk. I included the map in the screenshot, to show it wasn't a II or a 100oct.

ATAG_JTDawg
Oct-19-2012, 16:00
I think the bigger test is whether the 109 is competitive at around 3-6k even if it cant achieve higher altitude. I'm more interested at how well it turns and climbs at those altitudes. If it handles well at those altitudes, then we have a fighting chance.

In addition to the radiator being so weak and equalization of climb rates, most of 109's advantages are gone. We gonna have to tighten our belts!

+1 Doc was flying red last night , think it started 12 to 14000 with e3 i believe , with wingman, was def. a good pilot lasted for what seemed to be for ever , I know the fight was high an low with alot of losing an refinding each other , snapper an me tore up a whole flight of 87s , we were on are way back to manston when i heard doc finally got some hits on 109 , maybe he could add to it since he was there i was just hearing

Doc
Oct-19-2012, 16:42
That was actually the longest and most interesting time I've had in a Spit Ia. I was #2 on def and there was third Spit. I don't remember the name. I saw 3 contacts about 2K above and at our 11 maybe 1-2 miles. We climbed to get a close look and saw a Spit trying to avoid a 109.

I took my first shot at about 10-11K. This went down to 8-9K because the 109 was chasing the Spit from above us so he had a lot of speed.

I believe the 109 then saw myself and def and extended and then started a slow climb. The 109 starts his BnZ on def at about 10 again and does this several times to both of us getting hits on me but nothing serious.

I actually hung in there and tried to keep my plane climbing and avoid him as he'd pass off my right wing or overhead in a missed shot during his BnZ.

After many attempts and shots on us we ended up at 16K. Rather than follow him though to the bottom of his BnZ I would make mine shallower than his keeping my speed up and at the top of his climbs I started to meet him at co-alt co-E. Interesting! This went on and on. I was too close to him for his BnZ to be very effective.

He rolled upside down for the big one and hauled ass. I bit on that one and followed him all the way down to about 1500-2000 and I was staying with him and I started to gain on him very slowly south of St.Omer. He was doing an air show in front of me.

Then we started this all over again and ended up at 8-10K but I lost sight of him. I thought he was out of ammo but found out differently when tracers flew past me. I ended up losing him again and I extended.

I had a lot of speed and looked around and didn't see him but just decided to just turn around. I couldn't believe my eyes. I was low on his 6:30 and for a while I don't think he knew I was there until he started to turn slightly then all of a sudden started the big climb again. He knew I was back there again and we did a head-on pass with each other and we both still had ammo. I got some hits in him on that pass his missed.

I lost him again and headed back to Dunkirk because I felt he was setting me up with some team work on coms. Ended up landed at Oye-Plage he didn't follow.

It was absolutely a blast.

ATAG_Snapper
Oct-19-2012, 16:47

It looks finally people can just let it be now.. It is what it is....

+1

Well said.

With the RC1 + hotfix patch combo that fixed the RAF overheating problems I found that my 109 kills increased somewhat, but my deaths skyrocketed. Reason: instead of ducking and running when a 109 showed up, I would engage aggressively. And sometimes got my butt handed to me. But it was a lot more fun, even when I got owned. I'm a little wiser now. I'll still cut and run (or try) if things are going badly, especially if it's two 109's and I have no wingmate. But now I feel I have an equal chance in a co-e one vs one, which is a blast finding out.

@Colander: our Stats Page holds tremendous info on each player. At present, in the first few columns the primary measurement is kills vs spawn in. Is there any chance of doing a kills/deaths or % successful friendly airfield landings? This might

1) promote survivability as a realistic score parameter, and

2) encourage and recognize the realistic attempts to nurse badly damaged aircraft to friendly lines

I realize we have the info to manually do our own calculations, but I'd love to see how we all stack up in the months ahead. It might even positively affect the gameplay of the stats addicts amongst us (including me :D).

ATAG_Snapper
Oct-19-2012, 17:43
Great combat report, Doc. JT and I were listening intently as we were returning to Manston after using up our ammo on the Stukas. Your action seemed to go on forever, it made for good listening.

Ivank
Oct-19-2012, 22:48
Best I can do with the E4 is 7700m/25,256ft. Its a struggle but then its a struggle up here with the RAF types as well. Though they will slowly push on up higher. But none of them can fight up here.

http://i40.photobucket.com/albums/e215/zulu64/E4maxalt.jpg

What is easy in the 109 is you dont need to really manage the engine just go for it. Other than the Spit IIA all the other RAF types require a careful eye on Temps and some means to get you through the Merlin rough spots.... see here:

http://theairtacticalassaultgroup.com/forum/showthread.php?2292-Dealing-with-the-Merlin-Rumbles&p=20681&viewfull=1#post20681

The 109 drivers engine management is a lot easier.