PDA

View Full Version : Event on ATAG

il_corleone
Oct-19-2012, 09:59
Hello guys! first say thanks for the server(FAST updating of every patch released) and im like to tell you abour the event, i was thinking about if we can reach the 126 players on the server, yesterday it was 90, so, i think and its posted to 1C http://forum.1cpublishing.eu/showthread.php?t=35107 to put a date (Sunday?) and put this girl on fire!? what do you think? thanks for the server! :PP i hope you guys will be gland and participate!

ATAG_Snapper
Oct-19-2012, 10:09
I'm in! Great idea! Hopefully there'll be a bunch of human-flown multi engines to see if the slideshow glitch has been licked! :thumbsup:

Dutch
Oct-19-2012, 10:13
Absolutely. Count me in. :D

ChiefRedCloud
Oct-19-2012, 11:45
If my Co Pilot (my wife) doesn't preempt me, I'm in for a Blenny run ....

Old_Canuck
Oct-20-2012, 19:57
Wannabe Blenny pilot looking for instructor for live bombing practise. Still haven't dropped a live bomb in CoD. Will be on the runway Sunday. :idea:

il_corleone
Oct-21-2012, 14:23
We did it! more than 100 Pilots rigth now!

ATAG_Bliss
Oct-21-2012, 14:49
I noticed it got up to 114 before steam stopped responding. This is a far cry better than what it's ever been able to do. It makes me wonder if the AI bombers weren't there (all player planes) if it would be ok at the full 128. We initially did the AI bombers to add to the low amounts of players that could play because of the net code. I'm wondering if its something worth getting rid of and testing again. The AI puts more stress on steam than clients do.

Wolf
Oct-21-2012, 14:55
Bliss, I have some code that helps you to balance the server as more people join, less AI spawn.

You can put that in any mission.

Will send you it today.

ATAG_Bliss
Oct-21-2012, 14:58
Sweet :D

ATAG_Bliss
Oct-21-2012, 17:21
Well - it seems it does the same thing (steam dies) right after the 100 player mark. So to keep the lag / server disconnects from happening I'm gonna leave the server player limit at 90.

We can also run a different rotation on the 2nd server for when the 1st one is full (for overflow). It would have been nice to see the 128 players, but 90 is pretty damn impressive now.

JG52_Krupi
Oct-21-2012, 17:50
Skins Skins Skins Skins Skins Skins Skins Skins Skins Skins Skins Skins Skins Skins Skins Skins Skins Skins Skins Skins Skins Skins Skins Skins Skins Skins Skins Skins Skins Skins Skins Skins Skins Skins Skins Skins Skins Skins Skins Skins Skins Skins Skins Skins Skins Skins Skins Skins Skins Skins Skins Skins Skins Skins Skins Skins Skins Skins Skins Skins Skins Skins Skins Skins Skins Skins Skins Skins Skins Skins Skins Skins Skins Skins Skins Skins Skins Skins Skins Skins Skins Skins Skins Skins Skins Skins Skins Skins Skins Skins Skins Skins Skins Skins Skins Skins Skins Skins Skins Skins Skins Skins Skins Skins Skins Skins Skins Skins Skins Skins Skins Skins Skins Skins Skins Skins Skins Skins Skins Skins

:D

http://www.cptfarrels.com/COD/Bf109E-3/JG3/Bf109E-3_Stab_JG3s.jpg

I am not the only one :D

http://forum.1cpublishing.eu/showthread.php?t=35184

:PP

ATAG_JTDawg
Oct-21-2012, 19:22
With the warping i saw today , couldn't even get guns on target , every time ready to pull trigger 2 sec delays an planes zooms away warping so far out of site , just to much i believe :(

Wolf
Oct-21-2012, 20:02
Skins Skins Skins Skins Skins Skins Skins Skins Skins Skins Skins Skins Skins Skins Skins Skins Skins Skins Skins Skins Skins Skins Skins Skins Skins Skins Skins Skins Skins Skins Skins Skins Skins Skins Skins Skins Skins Skins Skins Skins Skins Skins Skins Skins Skins Skins Skins Skins Skins Skins Skins Skins Skins Skins Skins Skins Skins Skins Skins Skins Skins Skins Skins Skins Skins Skins Skins Skins Skins Skins Skins Skins Skins Skins Skins Skins Skins Skins Skins Skins Skins Skins Skins Skins Skins Skins Skins Skins Skins Skins Skins Skins Skins Skins Skins Skins Skins Skins Skins Skins Skins Skins Skins Skins Skins Skins Skins Skins Skins Skins Skins Skins Skins Skins Skins Skins Skins Skins Skins Skins

:D

http://www.cptfarrels.com/COD/Bf109E-3/JG3/Bf109E-3_Stab_JG3s.jpg

I am not the only one :D

http://forum.1cpublishing.eu/showthread.php?t=35184

:PP

What are you saying Krupi.... You have a Skin problem? You should see someone about that before it gets out of hand... :PP

ATAG_Colander
Oct-21-2012, 21:32
Yeah!, I want to use my new 109 skin.
http://theairtacticalassaultgroup.com/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=1067&d=1350869520

Wolf
Oct-21-2012, 21:41
AHAHAHAHAHA!!!!

That must have been the skin all you 109 guys were using in the earlier patch. And I thought it was 1c and their code... :ind:

ATAG_Snapper
Oct-22-2012, 07:13
Yikes, that must be the "Predator" camouflage I've heard about! :)

9./JG52 Hans Gruber
Oct-22-2012, 07:24
Well - it seems it does the same thing (steam dies) right after the 100 player mark. So to keep the lag / server disconnects from happening I'm gonna leave the server player limit at 90.

We can also run a different rotation on the 2nd server for when the 1st one is full (for overflow). It would have been nice to see the 128 players, but 90 is pretty damn impressive now.

I think this is wise decision. There was still some pretty warping when it started to go over 90.

III./ZG76_Keller
Oct-22-2012, 12:25
I noticed it got up to 114 before steam stopped responding. This is a far cry better than what it's ever been able to do. It makes me wonder if the AI bombers weren't there (all player planes) if it would be ok at the full 128. We initially did the AI bombers to add to the low amounts of players that could play because of the net code. I'm wondering if its something worth getting rid of and testing again. The AI puts more stress on steam than clients do.

If we keep maintaining 40+ players on the server I think a test of removing AI bombers would be a great idea, the 17 ship mission would be a good candidate for this.

Doc
Oct-22-2012, 13:12
Perhaps implementing code that removes prevents AI from spawning if there are 40+ players. Meaning if you have 128 slots and if you spawn 30 AI on the map at any given time this means you have only 98 slots for humans.

Doc
Oct-22-2012, 13:14
Screw it. Lets have a mission for 1 or 2 hours with ground targets but no AI and 128 player limit and test it!!!!!!!

9./JG52 Hans Gruber
Oct-23-2012, 18:14

Server crashed twice today within 30 minutes. Maybe 90 isn't a stable player count?

ATAG_JTDawg
Oct-23-2012, 18:27
Server crashed twice today within 30 minutes. Maybe 90 isn't a stable player count?

yep have to agree , from what im seeing it is almost always on the brink of crashing anymore ? even at night with less players , is it new patch ? steam ? at night guys start saying things are warping etc an within a few mins, bam lost connection, or it sometimes stablizes , not complaining just wondering , but is almost to the point of , when i take off at manston can barely get to french side :geek:

ATAG_Bliss
Oct-23-2012, 19:24

Just looking at the bandwidth, the server crashed not because of the player count, but because of a steam disconnect.

We have 2 problems that can happen, (well 3 actually). The 1st one involves the server going unresponsive as the player limit (a game limitation with regards to netcode) is reached. This can clearly be seen monitoring the upload and download bandwidth of the server. As the server becomes unresponsive and reaches the game's netcode limitation, upload bandwidth falls on it's face. It can actually go below download bandwidth. So for easy math, 60 players generally has a bandwidth steaming in upload speed of around 6-7mbps. Download speed with the same amounts of players is around 1.5mbps. When you see a download speed of, say, 3.5mbps and a matching upload speed similar to download, I can say with 100% accuracy that the server is almost to the point of being unresponsive or that has already happened. But during these times of unresponsiveness the server never shuts down. Enough people get fed up when they can't find anyone, can't see any chat messages etc., that they leave. Once enough players have left, the server simply starts responding again, spitting out 100's of chat messages, kill messages, etc.

Problem #2 - The problem that happened this time! What's happened here is because of one of the many problems that I've bitched about since day one - of course on deaf ears. The dedicated server for IL2COD acts as a steam client and not a steam server. Therefore, any split second communication loss with the steam service with a server that has 1 or more player will cause that server to shut down. Servers that have 0 players/un-populated will run normally when this little disconnect occurs. I believe steam forces the server shutdown so any client that is connected has to rejoin to get re-authenticated. A little background: Almost all steam games - CSS/COD/DoD Source etc., all have a dedicated server as well, but there's a big difference. Those steam games own dedicated server does not require steam to run for the server to run. Those server push data to the steam master browser simply to have that server show up in the steam list. The entire steam network could go down and not affect those other dedicated servers (CSS/COD etc.) at all. The only thing, quite obviously, is that server won't show up in the steam list. The server doesn't care if it can't connect to the IP address for the steam master browser. It will have an error etc., but will not shut down simply because it's standalone to steam itself. In cliffs, the server is a steam client. So any little problem with steam affects the server. I know we've all witnessed steam telling you it's unavailable right now / down for maintenance and the likes. Well the problem that happened today was 2 slit second instances where the server could not communicate to steam. The bandwidth looked fine (Upload about 4x as much as download).

I'm not saying that what we have is perfect, nor the lag can get bad at times, but if I see normal bandwidth, the problems are caused on the steam side of things. Something that we can do nothing about. For all we know, steam/the 1c devs could be messing with the netcode amount as we play. The only reason I say that is because that line in the server config for netspeed doesn't amount to anything. I could set it to 1 or to 1,000,000 and nothing changes. That leads me to believe the streaming limits are completely on steam's side of things. But that is all speculation.

Problem #3 is if the server actually did crash. What happens is similar to what we used to have as clients. A launcher.exe error and window. Every single hard server crash always has an error. This error our Commander is not programmed to recover from. So if the server pops right back up, steam is the cause of the shut down and not a crash.

Hopefully this will explain some things that I've witnessed over the last 2 years of monitoring the server.

ATAG_Colander
Oct-23-2012, 19:28
Just to add to #3...
There are 2 type of crashes:
a) Error on the console and the game quits.
b) Windows error dialog and the game stays waiting for a person to click on the dialog before closing.

The commander handles "a" but not yet "b". However, we've been lucky to have error "B" only a few times in more than a year running 24/7.

ATAG_Bliss
Oct-23-2012, 19:31
Just to add to #3...
There are 2 type of crashes:
a) Error on the console and the game quits.
b) Windows error dialog and the game stays waiting for a person to click on the dialog before closing.

The commander handles "a" but not yet "b". However, we've been lucky to have error "B" only a few times in more than a year running 24/7.

a.) the error on console and the game quitting is steam being down for maintenance / Problem #2 in my post. Which thankfully you've made it recover from that one as it happens all the time!

ATAG_JTDawg
Oct-23-2012, 19:48
Thanks googling now lol :geek:

Wolf
Oct-23-2012, 21:19
Perhaps implementing code that removes prevents AI from spawning if there are 40+ players. Meaning if you have 128 slots and if you spawn 30 AI on the map at any given time this means you have only 98 slots for humans.

I have given this code to Bliss and will help him with it, we we are both online.

Catseye
Oct-24-2012, 12:23
Yeah!, I want to use my new 109 skin.
http://theairtacticalassaultgroup.com/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=1067&d=1350869520

Ahhhh, a Romulan 109 - very nice.

"More power Scotty!"
"I dinna can give ye any more Captain! - She'll blow any minute now!"