PDA

View Full Version : Loving this !

ATAG_Highseas
Jul-30-2016, 11:28
Just a though I was sharing with my regular flight squad... Wanted to share the thought a bit further. So...

Weird as it is this Sim is the most amount of fun I've had doing anything with a computer EVER.

It's still pretty odd to me that you can jump in and fly with people from all over the world... at the same time... its like some weird magic...

If I'd been told that this would be part of the future when I was 7 years old I'd have been slack jawed, wide eyed and dumbstruck....

Back then the future was amazing ! I was going to get a robot friend... a jet pack... all that...

and while maybe it sucks that I didn't get any of that...

holy cow !...

I GOT THIS !!

A HUGE part of that is the way that this community interacts.

It's welcoming, it's very funny, it's non trolley

It's just brilliant !

Cheers guys ! You Rock !

ATAG_Lewis
Jul-30-2016, 12:55
I should be use to the fact I can fly as if in 1940 and talk to folks from all over the world at the same time...I have been doing it for over decade...Last night there was folks from the US, Oz, Europe, Canucks, Polish....and Brits...and a couple days ago I even spoke to a welsh person called 'Gromit' who was on the internet too...That is a kind of magic...but I get the feeling its not magical to kids....For them it just...'is'..

When I was a kid I thought it was great I could make a scale model 1/72 Spitfire flown by Johnny Johnson....I still am in awe...

http://www.oldmodelkits.com/jpegs/Airfix%2001001-6%20SpitIXblist.JPG

Gromit
Jul-30-2016, 13:51
Watch it! :grrr:

:-P