PDA

View Full Version : Team Fusion Update - July 31st 2016 - The New Map/Theatre

Mysticpuma
Jul-31-2016, 06:32
So today's the day. However this update is going to be a little different. I am not actually going to talk at-all in-depth about the new theatre, no details, no waffling, just a link to this video which shows the new map in it's very, very early stages of texturing and populating.
In terms of the map itself, we now have the physical map approx 90% complete. By that I mean we need to add updated textures, towns, roads, features, lots to do actually but the base of the map is complete and here it is:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6-gNyj0PhO8&feature=youtu.be

Feel free to discuss what you have seen in this thread, share it far and wide, spread the word but at-last you are able to see the theatre we have been working on for far too long in secret. Now that it's out in the open, it will be possible to show you new features, models, textures, buildings in future updates that have stayed under wraps until the Team decided it was time to reveal the news.

Hoping this will be a very well read update I would like to make an appeal to our community for help with 3D modelling. Sadly you do need to have experience in this as we aren't able to train anyone, we, like you are just members of the community who have volunteered their time.

To see more details about what is required and offer your help please read this thread. There is still much to do and many objects to create (not everything is aircraft!) so if you have experience of 3D modelling please read this thread and see if you can help:

http://theairtacticalassaultgroup.com/forum/showthread.php?t=11129

Also, I have been asked to see if any of our community are knowledgeable in regards to coding with C/C+/C++/C# , again we need volunteers to help as we have some features that could do with this skill. If you have a detailed knowledge of coding with these languages please send me an email detailing your ability to:

teamfusion2013@hotmail.com

To help us progress and move forward much quicker, any email replies to the above requests (withing the skillset requested) will be taken very seriously.

Okay and so to a few other bits and pieces.

Here are a few images showing progress in some of the models heading your way in v5.00

Cr.42:

23984 23985

Spitfire VB/VC:

23987 23988 23989 23990 23991 23992

Wellington:

23994 23995 23996

Martlet:

23997 23998 23999 24000

Now, I can imagine looking at the images the Luftwaffe fans will be feeling a little left out. Can I just say that the guys working on the 109F2/F4, 110-C6 and 108 have unfortunately been tied up with their real-life jobs and so I haven't been sent any new images to showcase. The work does continue but they feel that until they have something significant to showcase they would rather not offer anything for a Friday update....yet!

Hopefully for now that will be enough to go with and certainly spark some interest in the community.

Please share the news. We only do this for a hobby and really want to make it a success. Hopefully now that you can see we are able to create new maps and theatres, you'll see that we really are looking to expand in the future and welcome contact from any other modding groups who may be interested in helping :thumbsup:

Okay, until next time, cheers, MP/TF

Salmo
Jul-31-2016, 06:33
Thankyou to everyone in the sim-community for keeping the faith. Your enthusiasm is what keeps us going.

Screamadelica
Jul-31-2016, 06:37
Awesome! Great work. Looking forward to the day TF 5 comes out! Thank you to everyone involved for all your hard work in keeping the dream alive. :thumbsup:

FightingSteel1
Jul-31-2016, 06:41
https://media.giphy.com/media/b9aScKLxdv0Y0/giphy.gif

DUI
Jul-31-2016, 06:44
Tobruk it is!

Thanks a lot for your incredible effort so far and for the things to come! :thumbsup::salute:

DerDa
Jul-31-2016, 06:51
This looks fantastic!
Thank you very much!

dburne
Jul-31-2016, 06:54
Fantastic guys looking awesome!
Are those new gun sounds I am hearing? Sounds very good!

Congrats on the new map reveal, and thanks for all the work you guys put into this for us and for keeping the dream alive!

Swoop
Jul-31-2016, 06:56
Wow, thanks lads :thumbsup:

Taking it all in...mirrors working and what an explosion!

Is the Marlet for here I wonder?

Ekko
Jul-31-2016, 06:56
Thank you Team Fusion
Thank you Puma24001:thumbsup:

IIJG27Rich
Jul-31-2016, 07:06
It's exactly what I hoped it would have been. I love how the desert terrain is not only sand but full of rocks and weeds :thumbsup:

Now the torture til the release

Cybermat47
Jul-31-2016, 07:08
Awesome! The great grandfather was at Tobruk - he was wounded, and while being evacuated, his hospital ship was blown in half by a Stuka, but he survived. Guess it takes more than that to kill a veteran of the Somme.

HurricaneHarvest
Jul-31-2016, 07:08
Spain is looking very Arid .. and flat, please fix.

plus I don't think spits were in the Civil war. :)

Looking great.

ATAG_Septic
Jul-31-2016, 07:27
Brilliant work chaps!

Of all the goodies in the video I was most struck by how good the terrain looks, already!

Many thanks for keeping the dream alive.

Septic.:salute:

Atreides
Jul-31-2016, 07:31
This looks very promising. ALmost all the major towns on the new map have seen major battles. This will certainly spice things up after having flown around the English Channel in ClOD for longer than the actual war itself.
Thanks for the update :thumbsup:

ATAG_Dave
Jul-31-2016, 07:50
Fantastic update - thank you thank you thank you TF for everything you do.

:salute:

EDIT: Somehow I had not picked up before that the Spit Vc was part of TF5, (thought only the Vb) - quad hispanos :stunned: that will get a few of the reds rather excited :)

EDIT#2: Those 109s look fantastic with their spotty paint jobs :)

ATAG_Vampire
Jul-31-2016, 08:01
Awesome video. Awesome new map and an awesome group known as Team Fusion.

Thank you so much guys. This sim is going to go from strength th strength. You are making a great many people extremely happy.

Cheers :cheers:

~S~ :salute:

Teetwo
Jul-31-2016, 08:08
Thanks for the update Mysticpuma.

I have heard talk of an auto updater for v5.0 can you confirm that?

Thanks again to everyone that is putting in their valuable time on this project it's greatly appreciated by the community.

♣_Spiritus_♣
Jul-31-2016, 08:11
Ha, I sent MP the screen when I pressed the volume button. Here is the snap without that.

vranac
Jul-31-2016, 08:46
Woohoo!

It's looking great. Thanks for this great update :thumbsup:

ATAG_Flare
Jul-31-2016, 09:08
Step 1: press like

Step 2: watch video.

Awesome video and everything TF! Those desert Spitfires look so pretty! Those hispanos sound powerful and look like beasts too! This is awesome!

Excuse me while I go watch the video constantly until it's actually released.

Edit: shared on reddit, r/hoggit and r/flightsim

BOO
Jul-31-2016, 09:11
ive made a bit of wee wee.............

Wonderful work fellas!! Thank you!

Regards

BOO

ATAG_Deacon
Jul-31-2016, 09:11
In a word...brilliant. Waiting patiently :)

ATAG_Highseas
Jul-31-2016, 09:18
that will get a few of the reds rather excited :)

GUN SIGHT ON

and... MUSIC !

Yeah lordy lord!... I got da Blues real bad.... MAMA !!!

Whoahh-whoahhh yeaHHHHHH !

=FI=Murph
Jul-31-2016, 09:24
Looks amazing! Is the last strafing shot from the cockpit of a Beaufighter?

Akula93
Jul-31-2016, 09:24
it looks great, good job TF

Mysticpuma
Jul-31-2016, 09:30

Yes and I only used the Cannons, didnt even click the mg trigger :)

Topgum
Jul-31-2016, 09:47
Alaska -Alaskaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa a, want Alaska
:sobbing:
Tobruk was only my second favourite, but okay here we go....
:ind:
just kidding, huge congratulations for this amazing peace of work. My serious respect and gratitudes For MP & TF. The WIP-map is stunning looking awesome. The Vc cannons are working impressively.
:kiss:
I am very concern to hear once again that some TF members are at their limits by RL struggle, hope that their Lives gets a little bit easier again. Thank you for your efforts.
:goodluck:

Regarding MP's request for coding C/C+/C++ I am afraid that my skills are a way to insufficient to help here, as I guess that the work to do might be too complex, even when I have some experience in GlovePie scripting. Soon, I will release a script with speech recognition to command the radio coms here, such as I have already posted here:

http://theairtacticalassaultgroup.com/forum/showthread.php?t=22851&p=236622

Oooops, I am misusing the update channel for my own announcement.
whaa

Regards, TG

Otherlank
Jul-31-2016, 09:47
Spectacular.

JENDAR
Jul-31-2016, 09:54
i am speechless, amazing work and i am so glad that a new map will inject life into an amazing game. It also shows the dedication to the folks that believe what they are doing for all of us to enjoy for FREE !!!!!

thank you all so much....

ATAG_Highseas
Jul-31-2016, 10:00
i am speechless, amazing work and i am so glad that a new map will inject life into an amazing game. It also shows the dedication to the folks that believe what they are doing for all of us to enjoy for FREE !!!!!

thank you all so much....

Couldn't agree more.

It's amazing already and it's going EPIC!

Good work TF.....

Really stellar!

Bonkin
Jul-31-2016, 10:57
Fantastic work! Big thanks to all in Team Fusion giving up their time to carry on working on CLoD. It's going to be awesome.

:thumbsup:

Ekko
Jul-31-2016, 11:18
EDIT: Somehow I had not picked up before that the Spit Vc was part of TF5, (thought only the Vb) - quad hispanos :stunned: that will get a few of the reds rather excited :)

:) 4 gates to hell, Four!!! came as a surprise to me too.
The dark side of the force is being renamed to Bloody blue:):-P:-P

yeeahh i am excited:satisfied:

hnbdgr
Jul-31-2016, 11:27
The crash sequence at 2:18 seems to handle differently then what we have at the moment? Seems pretty good to me - has physics been looked at for TF 5.0? :)

Falco
Jul-31-2016, 11:28
Looks great guys, thanks for all your hard work!

69th_TDaddy
Jul-31-2016, 12:28
Nice work!

RAF74_Buzzsaw
Jul-31-2016, 12:38
Fantastic update - thank you thank you thank you TF for everything you do.

The Spit VC is actually a little ahead of our main area of focus... date wise. However, it is simpler to have the work done now while the modeler is working on this rest of the Spit V's. The Spits V's are a relatively easy project when compared to the 109F's which require much more time and effort.

It is questionable whether we will include the 4 cannon version TF 5.0... and in any event, RAF pilots generally found it performed poorly with the Vokes filter and the extra weight and most Squadrons had the extra two removed.

Re. the 109F's: I am sure members of the Blue side are a little concerned about not seeing this aircraft more prominently in updates... but they should not worry. We have two modelers assigned to it and one of them is a professional, very experienced. TF 5.0 will not be released without the 109F's.

ATAG_Freya
Jul-31-2016, 12:39
Sweet livin' !! Thanks TF, it's looking great can't wait to explore. I must say, whoever completed the spring/fall/winter versions of this map did an outstanding job, and to see them all showcased in one vid was delicious for the eyes. :D

So Tobruk 370 X 140 ?

Plenty of room to cause some trouble! I'll just have to dump some sand in my office to enhance the experience...

Thanks TF!

invictus84
Jul-31-2016, 12:41
Ok, TF guys, you got me.

I admit I almost screamed "DEAR GOD, NOOOOOOO!!!!! FIRST BOS, NOW THIS!?!?! NOT MORE SNNNOOOOOOWWW!!!!!" when I watched the first part of this update.

:D

Geat update guys! I just knew it was gonna be Tobruk. I should have entered the contest. :salute:

Flyingblind
Jul-31-2016, 13:32
Brilliant stuff. Loved the first view of land with the desert merging with the sea at the hazy horizon. Looks like only hedgerows left to do? Lol. If there are fewer palm trees will they all have collision models? I have always liked the North Africa theatre as my dad ran away from home as a teen in the 30's and joined The King's Troop Royal Horse Artillery. When war broke out he ended up with the Long Range Dessert Group. Thanks TF.

RAF74_Buzzsaw
Jul-31-2016, 13:54
Brilliant stuff. Loved the first view of land with the desert merging with the sea at the hazy horizon. Looks like only hedgerows left to do? Lol. If there are fewer palm trees will they all have collision models? I have always liked the North Africa theatre as my dad ran away from home as a teen in the 30's and joined The King's Troop Royal Horse Artillery. When war broke out he ended up with the Long Range Dessert Group. Thanks TF.

Your Dad was a badass.

http://www.tanks-encyclopedia.com/ww2/US/photos/LRDG.jpg

Darth_DooBoss
Jul-31-2016, 13:57
Simply....AWESOME!!!!!

FightingSteel1
Jul-31-2016, 14:05
This is spectacular, of course.

You know, the competition started, and the prevailing theory seemed to be Malta, North Africa, and that's what I'd heard for awhile. But, due to some comments, some misdirection, etc. I started to get the idea that maybe we were missing something. I started researching, trying to see if there was any other logical theatre, region, whatever. Part of the reason I guessed Crete. But, low and behold, after all that North Africa it is! Really interesting locale, and a part of the war I believe has not been explored sufficiently in games, movies, etc.

This does give me the inspiration to write up a post about a related subject....

TWC_SLAG
Jul-31-2016, 14:33
Well, all of the adjectives have been used. So, I'll just repeat that this update is great news.

Is it possible I will have a chance to fly a Bearfighter and shoot down some ME-323 Gignants trying to bring men and supplies across the Med to the Afrika Corp? I'd like that. :-)

ATAG_Ribbs
Jul-31-2016, 14:34
This is absolutely brilliant! To be honest I thought my guess of Alaska was spot on, and couldn't wait to see the Mark 24 Snow leopard in all of her glory! ( a little disappointing to say the least)...but OMG look at that Desert! It looks AMAZING already! The bomb explosions in the beginning look awesome! the final explosion with the firery shrapnel flying everywhere blew my mind! S! TF!!

ATAG_Lewis
Jul-31-2016, 14:40
I got goosebumps watching this vid...Brilliant...laughing out loud with the thrill of what I was watching...So much WIN!!

Thanks Teamfusion for all your hard work...If I could only keep one game/sim CLOD would be it...Thank you for all your input and keeping my dream alive...I salute you...

Bearfoot
Jul-31-2016, 14:42
Great work, all! Congratulations and deep gratitude for the clearly huge amounts of time, effort, and, perhaps most of all, love and passion that has gone into this.

ATAG_Flare
Jul-31-2016, 15:21
This is absolutely brilliant! To be honest I thought my guess of Alaska was spot on, and couldn't wait to see the Mark 24 Snow leopard in all of her glory! ( a little disappointing to say the least)...but OMG look at that Desert! It looks AMAZING already! The bomb explosions in the beginning look awesome! the final explosion with the firery shrapnel flying everywhere blew my mind! S! TF!!
If it WAS Alaska we could do the Aleutians! Then I could reenact the only aerial victory by a Canadian land based fighter in the whole war. (A float plane Zero)

Marc442
Jul-31-2016, 15:28
Looks amazing!!!will there be tomahawks?

IIJG27Rich
Jul-31-2016, 15:29
Sweet livin' !! Thanks TF, it's looking great can't wait to explore. I must say, whoever completed the spring/fall/winter versions of this map did an outstanding job, and to see them all showcased in one vid was delicious for the eyes. :D

So Tobruk 370 X 140 ?

Plenty of room to cause some trouble! I'll just have to dump some sand in my office to enhance the experience...

Thanks TF!

You'll have to start eating donkey meat or Bully beef too

RAF74_Buzzsaw
Jul-31-2016, 16:31

At this point the chance of Tomahawks, (P-40B/C) are very low.

But if there is an opportunity and a modeler, we will push as hard as we can. ;)

ATAG_Marlow
Jul-31-2016, 16:51
I'm speechless! The whole community must be on its knees....... with EXCITEMENT!

We've all been posted...to North Africa! It's like the run up to Christmas.....no snow...just the toy you always wanted!

Go...go...go, TF! Salute!

Oersted
Jul-31-2016, 17:11
Map looks lovely, well done!

rel4y
Jul-31-2016, 17:31
Absolutely awesome! Exactly what I hoped for and more, I am excited like a little kid at the moment! :thumbsup:

Sooo, when can I beta test? :goofy :-P :-)

ATAG_Flare
Jul-31-2016, 17:33
At the beginning of the video there was a Kittyhawk (P40 E)

GERMANWOLF
Jul-31-2016, 17:52
Hello, I know the work is not easy, but I have the courage to expose our opinion, as I talk to a lot pilots from around the world, I have some questions, criticisms and opinions, we know it takes a long time to do for free, but the first question because they did not work the first planes? and also why waste time in tanks, 108 taifun and biplanes would not it be better optimize the game and resolve bugs before releasing a huge map that will take a long time? I think I should have steps smaller and more organized, the impression that they are giving greater leaps the legs, we find ourselves it would already be released the beta test of 5.0, but the little we saw a long way, to be more realistic with the community, create a huge expectation and cast a video measly 3 minutes .me sorry if they did not like ... thank you.:doh:

Roblex
Jul-31-2016, 18:07
Map looks lovely, well done!

Erm...on that point...someone has mis-spelled Libya as 'Lybia' on the map.

Do I remember that there will be Hurri IIs of some sort in the new map?

Erpr.Gr.210_Mölders
Jul-31-2016, 18:11
Astonishing work guys!!! Absolutely marvelous!!! :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup: :salute:

9./JG52 Mindle
Jul-31-2016, 18:15
Great work guys! I can feel the sun on my back and the sand in my shorts already! [emoji41]

♣_Spiritus_♣
Jul-31-2016, 18:45
Hello, I know the work is not easy, but I have the courage to expose our opinion, as I talk to a lot pilots from around the world, I have some questions, criticisms and opinions, we know it takes a long time to do for free, but the first question because they did not work the first planes? and also why waste time in tanks, 108 taifun and biplanes would not it be better optimize the game and resolve bugs before releasing a huge map that will take a long time? I think I should have steps smaller and more organized, the impression that they are giving greater leaps the legs, we find ourselves it would already be released the beta test of 5.0, but the little we saw a long way, to be more realistic with the community, create a huge expectation and cast a video measly 3 minutes .me sorry if they did not like ... thank you.:doh:

We don't mind opinions and criticism as long as they are constructive and not overtly aggressive, so don't feel like you can't.

As far as your concerns, I'll answer them to my best.

Tanks: We need ground targets for both maps. You could have the best flight sim ever made but if there are no ground objects then that same flight sim becomes one of the worst because of the lack of life. Plus with a new theatre we needed new objects.

108: The modeler doing this wanted to step into building cockpits slowly to learn the process, plus he has about 15 other major models he is working on at the same time as doing this in RL (talk about mind numbing), then he has to help us lesser worthy modelers who are still learning. Then after all that, he must take all our models from Blender and convert them, and fix all the errors that occur in the conversion process. The 108 will be a great plane and as we advance, will be used for countless things. What a great aircraft to train in and do SAR missions in.

Biplanes: Part of the theatre and already in game, so why not make them flyable. Plus they played major roles in the real war.

Bugs: They are continuously being found, fixed, and terminated while others may take longer. TF wants this flight sim to be a success more than anyone. We could wait a decade to find all the bugs because we have only a handful of people who can even read the code, let alone reverse engineer it to find the bugs and terminate them. Out of a line of 100 characters of code, you change 1, then see if anything happened, repeat, repeat, so on.

No source code means this will always be a slow and tedious process and if we didn't create new material and places our small community would die.

Hope that explains some stuff. Plus 5.0 will be including insane amounts of fixes and upgrades. I've already seen a few people who have noticed some from the small video. I have access to see everything and I can't remember half of what will be in 5.0. It will be HUUUGE.

EDIT: Oh, and we have said that some of the most annoying bugs have been found and fixed, but I'll leave that to you to go back through the updates and find them. :)

I think I need to do that as well just to refresh my memory of everything we've shown.

DoubleStandards
Jul-31-2016, 19:02
Thanks for the update MP. So much awesome packed into a 3 min video. Besides the obvious what really caught my eye was the explosions and what looks like physics changes. Just a bit disappointed by the lack of Luftwaffe content, but I understand your explanation.

Thank you Team Fusion:salute:

DS

ATAG_Highseas
Jul-31-2016, 19:24
If it WAS Alaska we could do the Aleutians! Then I could reenact the only aerial victory by a Canadian land based fighter in the whole war. (A float plane Zero)

I'd be your wing man...

and I'd barrel roll the whole way there !

ATAG_Highseas
Jul-31-2016, 19:34
You'll have to start eating donkey meat or Bully beef too

Donkey salami.. yeah ok then... load the sarnies up...

OH... we are out? ok.. sooo... Spam™ ?

oh.. also out

Corned beef is fine with me !

Chuck a powdered egg omlette on top eh?

erm.. anyone got any of that new fangled powdered wine?

Barone
Jul-31-2016, 19:51
Interesting map. Hope that this could bring some fresh air to clod community.
P.s. there are people that do SAR missions in Il2??

Inviato dal mio GT-I9300 utilizzando Tapatalk

♣_Spiritus_♣
Jul-31-2016, 19:54
Interesting map. Hope that this could bring some fresh air to clod community.
P.s. there are people that do SAR missions in Il2??

See Op. Steamworks, hopefully done testing end of this week.

http://theairtacticalassaultgroup.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=49

Blade_Meister
Jul-31-2016, 20:37
It looks amazing TF. Keep up the GOOD WORK! Maybe by Christmas? :thumbsup:

S!Blade<><

farley
Jul-31-2016, 21:50

I suppose better that misspelling than Labia!:)

Pareto
Jul-31-2016, 22:26
Yeahhhhhhhhhhh...I'm so excited https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8iwBM_YB1sE (Disclaimer: this video is in no way representative of how I'd behave in the real world).

Nothing but praise for all the hard work. I can only dream about the challenges TF has to cope with to reach the finish line.

Is the Ju88 heavy fighter still in the works for TF5.0?

Cheers,

Pareto

ATAG_Soldat
Jul-31-2016, 22:54
Saw the MAP this morning--Words Fail me AWSOME !! Well done TF

RAF74_Buzzsaw
Jul-31-2016, 23:42

Do I remember that there will be Hurri IIs of some sort in the new map?

Yes, lots of Hurri II type's. More than you can shake a stick at. ;)

By the way, of course, although Mysticpuma used the Spit I's in the video, there were none used in the Desert, only Hurri I's of the early BoB types we already have. But I'm sure he wanted to showcase the map with a graceful looking plane.

RAF74_Buzzsaw
Jul-31-2016, 23:43
Yeahhhhhhhhhhh...I'm so excited https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8iwBM_YB1sE (Disclaimer: this video is in no way representative of how I'd behave in the real world).

Nothing but praise for all the hard work. I can only dream about the challenges TF has to cope with to reach the finish line.

Cheers,

Pareto

Unfortunately, very unlikely at this point. :(

Pareto
Aug-01-2016, 00:11
That's alright. There is already so much to look forward to. :salute:

ATAG_TCP
Aug-01-2016, 02:50
Looking absolutely spiffing! Doing an amazing job as usual, I can forsee a great sigh of breath and a few years rest when this update is out ;)
Definitely worth it. I think us here at ATAG should work on a petition to get Madox etc, to send a thank you letter and a little compensation to the programmers at Team Fusion for keeping their game running, making it what it should have been, and bringing in a much larger audience :P
Good job old chaps ;)

ATAG_((dB))
Aug-01-2016, 02:57
Simply amazing. Thank you

IIJG27Rich
Aug-01-2016, 03:14
So if some aircraft are going to be shelved for an add on patch then we're talking this year for a release date?

Mysticpuma
Aug-01-2016, 05:28
So if some aircraft are going to be shelved for an add on patch then we're talking this year for a release date?

We were hoping for 2015 :) Time will tell :thumbsup:

Mysticpuma
Aug-01-2016, 05:30
Was quite impressed when I viewed the youtube link this morning less than 24-hours since the video was released and "3,288 views".

Seems like we must be doing something interesting after all :devilish:

Looking forward to this sort of stuff :-)

Mysticpuma
Aug-01-2016, 05:31
Thanks for the update Mysticpuma.

I have heard talk of an auto updater for v5.0 can you confirm that?

I can't confirm that, however nothing has been ruled out :recon:

Mysticpuma
Aug-01-2016, 05:33
F
Are those new gun sounds I am hearing? Sounds very good!

Stock 4.312 sounds....but you don't hear a Cannon on the RAF aircraft.....unless it's the Beaufighter in action....which I have the luxury of playing around in thanks to our great team :)

Mysticpuma
Aug-01-2016, 05:34
Shared on reddit, r/hoggit and r/flightsim

Thanks, very much appreciate it :thumbsup:

Mysticpuma
Aug-01-2016, 05:34

Yep :)

Mysticpuma
Aug-01-2016, 05:36
The crash sequence at 2:18 seems to handle differently then what we have at the moment? Seems pretty good to me - has physics been looked at for TF 5.0? :)

That's stock 4.312....but the FM and Dm of all aircraft are being revised for v5.00 :)

Mysticpuma
Aug-01-2016, 05:38
Brilliant stuff. Loved the first view of land with the desert merging with the sea at the hazy horizon. Thanks TF.

One thing I noticed when I got the map to create the video is the overall colour. If you look at that first shot with the Spitfires and landscape behind, the sea is also taking on a very light sand/pink shade too. The lighting in the sim is amazing!

Mysticpuma
Aug-01-2016, 05:46
Well, all of the adjectives have been used. So, I'll just repeat that this update is great news.

Is it possible I will have a chance to fly a Bearfighter and shoot down some ME-323 Gignants trying to bring men and supplies across the Med to the Afrika Corp? I'd like that. :-)

Like this :-) :

24025 or 24026

Regarding the 323, who knows what the future holds but at this moment in time, most unlikely.
The only reason hundreds of aircraft aren't available is due to the lack of modellers who are able to give their time for free. This is the reason we have to concentrate on aircraft that we see will have longevity and be popular/used and not wasted. There is no point in one of our guys creating an aircraft that few people will ever pick and effectively waste time creating, when their will be aircraft we can create that will get significant use. This doesn't mean we wont create or can't create less popular aircraft, but rather we have a limited team and as such we need to utilise our efforts to make sure we sate the larger community's appetite when possible.

This is why we are concentrating on and around our chosen time period and creating the 109F/2/4, Spitfire Vb/Vc and Hurricane IIb/c/possibly d variants.

Cheers, MP

Mysticpuma
Aug-01-2016, 05:47
At the beginning of the video there was a Kittyhawk (P40 E)

From IL2 1946 :P

HurricaneHarvest
Aug-01-2016, 06:11

Looking forward to this sort of stuff :-)

Yes! i want to see those eggs cooking on the Panzer II's flat panels

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nnaHD2xt5sE

HurricaneHarvest
Aug-01-2016, 06:20
Was quite impressed when I viewed the youtube link this morning less than 24-hours since the video was released and "3,288 views".

Seems like we must be doing something interesting after all :devilish:

So ... do you think we could attract back Oleg or some of his crew to support us ? even just to try and promo the mod ?

Akula93
Aug-01-2016, 06:21
are P40e or f still planned for new patch, and if yes, will they have some bombs to cary around ?
is it possible to show us picture of new map from fmb or minimap so we see full map area, or shown in video is full map area ?

DerDa
Aug-01-2016, 07:24
We were hoping for 2015 :) Time will tell :thumbsup:

2015?!?
How did I miss that???

Roblex
Aug-01-2016, 07:35
Yes, lots of Hurri II type's. More than you can shake a stick at. ;)

By the way, of course, although Mysticpuma used the Spit I's in the video, there were none used in the Desert, only Hurri I's of the early BoB types we already have. But I'm sure he wanted to showcase the map with a graceful looking plane.

Sorry. If I had looked back a few announcements I would have seen a Hurri IIB with bombs and cannon.

Salmo
Aug-01-2016, 08:34
So ... do you think we could attract back Oleg or some of his crew to support us ? even just to try and promo the mod ?

Unlikely, but I know that he's watching closely what TF does.
http://cdn.quotesgram.com/img/34/44/93479289-does-pay-per-click-keyword-spying-really-help.jpg

SoW Reddog
Aug-01-2016, 08:39
Regarding the contrails, are they new effects? Are they still 2d as you fly through them? Also what altitude were those Spitfires at in the video?

Mysticpuma
Aug-01-2016, 08:53
Regarding the contrails, are they new effects? Are they still 2d as you fly through them? Also what altitude were those Spitfires at in the video?

Contrails are stock 4.312. Altitude was 8800m :)

lil_head
Aug-01-2016, 09:11
Looks amazing!!! Great work TF. Wish I was a coder so I could contribute.

One question. Will Commonwealth squadrons be available?

Thanks for all your efforts TF

Cheers

SoW Reddog
Aug-01-2016, 09:26
Stock contrails? Wow. I was sure they were new.

Gromit
Aug-01-2016, 09:27
Damn that beach is huge!, is this Normandy?

major_setback
Aug-01-2016, 09:40

That's me. I watched it 3000 times. Sorry! :-)

♣_Spiritus_♣
Aug-01-2016, 10:13
Stock contrails? Wow. I was sure they were new.

Fooled me too.

urdoomed
Aug-01-2016, 12:29
Big thanks to everyone who's on Team Fusion. You guys did wonderful work. Can't wait for TF 5.0 to come!

Ojisan_Mjoelner
Aug-01-2016, 13:31
Thank you !

DennydD
Aug-01-2016, 14:52
Tobruk, MkVs, Biplanes and ... working mirrors! :hpyflying:

You guys are awesome!

Topgum
Aug-01-2016, 16:28
I suppose better that misspelling than Labia!:)
:P

Topgum
Aug-01-2016, 16:44
Damn that beach is huge!, is this Normandy?
No, spicy Dune! Watch out, sandworms! :flipoff:
:salute: TG

sidewinder88
Aug-01-2016, 17:14
thanks for all the work, terrain looks awesome!

ATAG_Ribbs
Aug-01-2016, 17:30

Cheers,

Pareto

When the video started I thought it said the Pareto Sisters....roflmao :getaway:

7./JG26_SMOKEJUMPER
Aug-01-2016, 17:34
I'm inappropriate language happy.

Very cool. Love the contrails.

ToReRo
Aug-01-2016, 18:27
Simply amazing. Thank you
:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:
From españa the sincere mas congratulation to continue this way
Thank you very much to all :woohoo::woohoo::flying2::flying2:
:skydive::snoopy:

ATAG_Highseas
Aug-01-2016, 18:32
I'm inappropriate language happy.

HAHAHAH !

Oersted
Aug-01-2016, 18:55
F4's and only Hurri I's to fight them with, if we want to be historically correct... I think Blue Team is going to like this map!

Barone
Aug-01-2016, 19:17
I got confused. We will have P40 or not?

RAF74_Buzzsaw
Aug-01-2016, 21:19
F4's and only Hurri I's to fight them with, if we want to be historically correct... I think Blue Team is going to like this map!

No. :glaughter:

Do some more research. ;)

IIJG27Rich
Aug-02-2016, 00:40
That sounds more like the beginning of Malta to me Oersted ...I can still hear it in my head "War Weary Hurricanes" against 109Fs

SoW Reddog
Aug-02-2016, 01:38
Early days of Malta is cr42 and macchi 200. First LW involvement is E model 109s I believe from reading Hurricanes over Malta...

IIJG27Rich
Aug-02-2016, 02:43
Then you are sure to know more than I Reddog :salute:

ATAG_Ezzie
Aug-02-2016, 03:16
Early days of Malta is cr42 and macchi 200. First LW involvement is E model 109s I believe from reading Hurricanes over Malta...

Yeah I think you are right Reddog. Interestingly the Italians flew some Stuka raids over Malta before the LW turned up - was only on a couple of occasions though.

Ezzie

SoW Reddog
Aug-02-2016, 03:18
Then you are sure to know more than I Reddog :salute:

Said no one. Ever. Lol.

Nah mate, I just happened to be rereading this book this week. JG27 had some E7s at the start. They got pulled for Barbarossa, and when the LW returned in 42 they were in 109F's which didn't make things any more pleasant. IIRC JG27 claimed something like 35 hurricanes in a little over a month for zero combat loss. Despite the RAF learnings from the BOB it wasn't till Stan Turner RCAF arrived that the "Malta form" of pairs and finger four was used instead of line astern and vics. ...

The guys who flew from Malta have my total and utter respect regardless of a/c type.

I have a vested family interest, given my Grandad served there(groundcrew) and his brother also (subs). There's a family story of them meeting by chance in Valetta. I suspect that would have been one memorable headache the following day.

ATAG_Ezzie
Aug-02-2016, 03:40
No. :glaughter:

Do some more research. ;)

Seems Hurri IIs were in North Africa by the time the LW turned up. By mid-41 the Tomahawk (P-40C) had arrived but I think Buzz said it wasn't likely to be in TF5.0. P-40E (Kittyhawk) turned up later, not sure exactly when they flew their first western desert sorties. Martlets were there in 41. Gladiators flew sorties in early part of 41 in the western desert and the Egyptians kept flying them in base defence in the east for a few more years. Am probably missing something obvious re other Commonwealth fighter types in the western desert in 1941. Maybe a Fulmar or 2?

Ezzie

Akula93
Aug-02-2016, 04:31
Also this map can be used to recreate battles in that area from late 1940, almost whole 1941 and first half of 1942, and we would have planesets for all of them, Kittyhawk Mk.I ( i saw pictures of it in early TF updates ) could be for 1942 (feb 1942 at gambut 112 RAF ) missions with everyones favorit 109F4s and SpitsVb/c. Map is in great place for good variety of differant missions to make with various planesets to keep it interesting for all.

https://s31.postimg.org/flm5k3liz/feb1942.jpg (https://postimg.org/image/nectc2rhz/)free image uploading (https://postimage.org/)

Edit:
I see that also 112 RAF had Kittyhawks as early in dec 1941 in Tobruk area

Roblex
Aug-02-2016, 04:40
Also this map can be used to recreate battles in that area from late 1940, almost whole 1941 and first half of 1942, and we would have planesets for all of them, Kittyhawk Mk.I ( i saw pictures of it in early TF updates ) could be for 1942 (feb 1942 at gambut 112 RAF ) missions with everyones favorit 109F4s and SpitsVb/c. Map is in great place for good variety of differant missions to make with various planesets to keep it interesting for all.

I am looking forward to 1942 when I can fly the Hurri IID. It wont be any use against the 109s (those glory boys in their effete spits can play with them) but I want to see those panzers brew up :-)

RAF74_Buzzsaw
Aug-02-2016, 04:56

Luftwaffe arrived initially in December of 1940 and January of 1941, with Heinkel III's, Stukas and 110's against Hurricane I's and the one or two remaining Glads.

First 109's over Malta were from the III Gruppe of JG26, 7 Staffel with I believe 109E-4N's based at Gela starting on February 7th 1941, under Joachim Müncheberg that cocky fellow... ;)

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-fME2YJCNswE/TviU-h7bxZI/AAAAAAAADuQ/Y2J77mlLflA/s1600/M%25C3%25BCncheberg%252C%2BJoachim%2Bcolorized%2Bi mage.jpg

The Hurri I's were reinforced with Hurri IIA's at the beginning of March 1941.

The Italians flew CR-42's and Macci C-200's in 1940 and most of 1941.

Don't forget the Italians had Ju-87B's at Malta too... they bombed first, along with BR20's, SM79's etc.

Akula93
Aug-02-2016, 05:00
I am looking forward to 1942 when I can fly the Hurri IID. It wont be any use against the 109s (those glory boys in their effete spits can play with them) but I want to see those panzers brew up :-)

Also to maybe sunk a submarine or a cargo ships just for fun on way home from killing tanks :)

RAF74_Buzzsaw
Aug-02-2016, 05:03

I think there is a good chance, (no promises) you'll get the Hurri IID... keep watching the updates.

Swoop
Aug-02-2016, 06:02
I have a vested family interest, given my Grandad served there(groundcrew) and his brother also (subs). There's a family story of them meeting by chance in Valetta. I suspect that would have been one memorable headache the following day.

I bet it was like hell there Reddog, my Grandad was on a minesweeper trying to bring the convoys into there. My other Grandad was in the 8th Army facing Rommel in North Africa.
Oddly enough my sis was born in Malta while my Dad did a tour with the RAF in the 60's. I've had a quite a few holidays there and the missus and I walked most of coast line (its only small :)) and love the people and think their strong faith kept them going.

Salmo
Aug-02-2016, 06:02
<snip>
Edit:
I see that also 112 RAF had Kittyhawks as early in dec 1941 in Tobruk area

Detailed period maps of the Tobruk region can be found HERE (http://www.wwii-photos-maps.com/northafricasitmaps/)

Vlerkies
Aug-02-2016, 07:00
Impresive!

Keep up the good work.

My Luftwaffe friends, it appears as if the blasted RAF have located and destroyed our schnapps stash, (02:40).
War is hell.

ATAG_Highseas
Aug-02-2016, 07:02
Impresive!

Keep up the good work.

My Luftwaffe friends, it appears as if the blasted RAF have located and destroyed our schnapps stash, (02:40).
War is hell.

Don't worry...

the British Red Cross are comming to air drop you some nice warm larger...

Lovely !

Talisman
Aug-02-2016, 08:54
Fantastic looking update TF. Many congratulations and a big thank you.

This site looks interesting regarding 1941 and RAF 112 Sqn:

http://raf-112-squadron.org/raf_112_squadron_photos_1941.html

And 3 Sqn:

http://www.3squadron.org.au/indexpages/history3a.htm

Happy landings,

Talisman

archer11
Aug-02-2016, 09:13
Wow, just wow! So awesome!
And again: Thanks a lot for your work!

GERMANWOLF
Aug-02-2016, 09:41
:devilish:
I do not know which year will be released, but it will be to shoot a lot with my bf109.

7./JG26_SMOKEJUMPER
Aug-02-2016, 13:23
Luftwaffe arrived initially in December of 1940 and January of 1941, with Heinkel III's, Stukas and 110's against Hurricane I's and the one or two remaining Glads.

First 109's over Malta were from the III Gruppe of JG26, 7 Staffel with I believe 109E-4N's based at Gela starting on February 7th 1941, under Joachim Müncheberg that cocky fellow... ;)

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-fME2YJCNswE/TviU-h7bxZI/AAAAAAAADuQ/Y2J77mlLflA/s1600/M%25C3%25BCncheberg%252C%2BJoachim%2Bcolorized%2Bi mage.jpg

The Hurri I's were reinforced with Hurri IIA's at the beginning of March 1941.

The Italians flew CR-42's and Macci C-200's in 1940 and most of 1941.

Don't forget the Italians had Ju-87B's at Malta too... they bombed first, along with BR20's, SM79's etc.

Thanks Buzz I just learnt something about my Staffel!

=FI=Murph
Aug-02-2016, 14:09
I'm sure the TF folks have quite enough on their plates already, but is there any chance we may someday see JU52s, at least as AI? Weren't they used quite a lot for air transport in NA?

♣_Spiritus_♣
Aug-02-2016, 14:28
I'm sure the TF folks have quite enough on their plates already, but is there any chance we may someday see JU52s, at least as AI? Weren't they used quite a lot for air transport in NA?

Maybe. :devilish:

1lokos
Aug-02-2016, 15:00
Curious combat report from one of above links.

Lost: Tomahawk Mk. IIB AN390 - Wing Commander Peter Jeffery, O35436 (145) RAAF - 22/11/41

A/C crash landed, dogfight JG27, pilot walked back to base, 1540 hours fourteen 3 Squadron Tomahawks with nine Tomahawks of 112 Squadron took off to sweep over the Tobruk-El Adem area and met over twenty 109s of l and ll/JG 27 south-east of El Adem. During an hour long dogfight, JG 27 lost six 109s may have been Oberleutnant Karl-Heinz Bendert Stab II./JG 27

RAF74_Buzzsaw
Aug-02-2016, 15:13

If they are built, only will be as AI... too much work for a plane almost no one would fly.

People want aircraft which they can fight and win in. ;)

ATAG_Highseas
Aug-02-2016, 15:19

I hear ya...

I'm still looking for one I can do that in.

:D

Vlerkies
Aug-02-2016, 16:34

Yes and I only used the Cannons, didnt even click the mg trigger :)

Be brave Kameraden!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=APEymAfmtto

They have destroyed our schnapps, but not our honor!
:-)

Tempered
Aug-02-2016, 21:26
Looking great.

My only question is, in the heat of the desert, how do you wipe the sweat from your brow while wearing an oculus rift :) HMD's will be getting soggy. Should have stuck with Alaska.

Really wish I had the time and the talent to help Team Fusion.

HurricaneHarvest
Aug-02-2016, 23:45
are there any plans for a flyable Sparrow-hawk SM79 ?

italians need to sink those supply ships :recon:

RAF74_Buzzsaw
Aug-03-2016, 00:50
are there any plans for a flyable Sparrow-hawk SM79 ?

italians need to sink those supply ships :recon:

We'd like to do quite a few more Italian aircraft.

We wanted to do the Macchi C-200 and C-202... but they were just not in the cards.

Hopefully for the next release after TF 5.0.

VO101_Kurfurst
Aug-03-2016, 04:08
Finally, Arrakis!

Will there be Sandworms, too?

ATAG_Barn Swallow
Aug-03-2016, 07:50
Impressive and exciting!
Seems like new map will be able to cover quite long period of Africa campaign. This will bring second life for this game, a lot of possiblities and challenge for sortie map creators how to hold balance between historical matching and availability of more modern types of planes on the map. This update is confirmation for Gloster Gladiator (or I missed some update before) and hopefully air combat with Fiat CR42 (historical event). Awesome! Then huge role in DAF of Hurricanes, later P40s and finally Spitfire V.

Thank You and best regards
303_Barn_swallow
PS. Mirror is working :) I hope my computer will do the trick :)

major_setback
Aug-03-2016, 08:05
If they are built, only will be as AI... too much work for a plane almost no one would fly.

I think the same goes for the 3D modellers. If anyone came into TF in order to make a Ju52, there is a good chance they would switch to making a fighter, even if only an AI one. I may be wrong though.

=FI=Murph
Aug-03-2016, 09:34
I definitely agree that almost no one would want to fly it, just think it would be missed as AI. I'm thinking "Palm Sunday Massacre" though that was much later than the time frame we're looking at just now. I'm thinking as a mission builder here. Also, at some point I think a Ju52 model, or a picture of one, was discovered in the game's hidden parts somewhere?

IIJG27Rich
Aug-03-2016, 09:43
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ay8m7r75G6Q

These are the best external engine sounds I've ever heard. Are they going to be in patch 5

Akula93
Aug-03-2016, 10:13
hope no ju52, planty more interesting airplanes to spend time working on for next patch, Fw190A>109G>Spitfire9>P51A>P39>... ...Ju88C6>Hs129>A20... ...A6M>D3A> B5N>SBD>TBF... ...last in list for TF10 or 11 could be Ju52 :devilish:

VII.Racetrack
Aug-03-2016, 10:25
I think the same goes for the 3D modellers. If anyone came into TF in order to make a Ju52, there is a good chance they would switch to making a fighter, even if only an AI one. I may be wrong though.

Agree on NO wasting time on none-used aircraft..

But that's not the case of the Sm-79, I'm sure that, mainly in his Torpedo Bomber version, would be used so much..

IMHO hehe

VII.Racetrack
Aug-03-2016, 10:30

But if there is an opportunity and a modeler, we will push as hard as we can. ;)

Ouch this is sad, very sad...

Rabble
Aug-03-2016, 10:42
Hats off and a big THANKS to Team Fusion, it looks amazing!!

You guys ARE keeping the dream alive. :thumbsup:

Been a long time since so much was owed by so many to so few.

Oddball

SoW Reddog
Aug-03-2016, 13:00
Agree on NO wasting time on none-used aircraft..

But that's not the case of the Sm-79, I'm sure that, mainly in his Torpedo Bomber version, would be used so much..

IMHO hehe

Torpedo bomber is useless unless torpedoes work, and given the issues we have with water/ocean already....? (I'd love an sm79 btw)

major_setback
Aug-03-2016, 13:15
I definitely agree that almost no one would want to fly it, just think it would be missed as AI. I'm thinking "Palm Sunday Massacre" though that was much later than the time frame we're looking at just now. I'm thinking as a mission builder here. Also, at some point I think a Ju52 model, or a picture of one, was discovered in the game's hidden parts somewhere?

It's not in the hidden parts, I think someone went into that, it isn't there.
That is an extremely old WiP screenshot from the old Il2 Ubisoft forum (before the Maddox 1C forum was formed). This one http://forums.ubi.com/forumdisplay.php/24-1C-Maddox-Games
They were early low quality models made well before the game was anywhere near completion.
It's from even before the game had the working title Storm of War.
Cheers

Bussard
Aug-03-2016, 13:45
Great stuff guys! :thumbsup:

Will there also be AI for the new aircraft? I assume so. but I did not see confirmation of this.

Blitzen
Aug-03-2016, 15:08
Wonderful !!!!!I certainly hope there are mission & campaign builders ready to go on the new map!
http://i34.photobucket.com/albums/d116/jamesdietz/Cartoons/bh1f-1.jpg (http://s34.photobucket.com/user/jamesdietz/media/Cartoons/bh1f-1.jpg.html)
;;)

Mysticpuma
Aug-03-2016, 17:57
Torpedo bomber is useless unless torpedoes work, and given the issues we have with water/ocean already....? (I'd love an sm79 btw)

Torpedoes do work :)

As far as I understand it the water depth bug is being fixed....but quite an arduous task ;)

ATAG_Flare
Aug-03-2016, 22:47
So, who won the guess the map contest? (It wasn't me, I guessed too far west.)

VII.Racetrack
Aug-04-2016, 02:34

As far as I know torpedos are working, we only need torpedo bombers and water's bugs fixed, and if I didn't understand wrong the water bug is on it's way to be fixed or something similar.

:P

mtumE
Aug-04-2016, 04:15
The new map looks amazing. I'm new to the forum but I can see what makes this community so great.

Looking forward to the update.

IIJG27Rich
Aug-04-2016, 06:46
Just thinking to myself when this is released it will feel like Warbirds of Prey's "Spits VS 109s" server times 100. I lived for those North Africa missions :thumbsup:

Mysticpuma
Aug-04-2016, 07:42
Took a few aircraft out for a spin :)

24105 24106 24107

24108 24109 24110 24111

24112 24113

All pictures are direct screengrabs, no editing. Skins by TF member major_setback

Everything is work in progress :)

IIJG27Rich
Aug-04-2016, 08:11
Can I say..."Bless you" lol

HurricaneHarvest
Aug-04-2016, 08:37
Ever thought about Trading aircraft models ? modders have made some cool planes for WarThunder - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OnHxXe3EPag ... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b6Y4dPIWUD8

Maybe we could trade the Defiant ? something they don't have. Maybe players could contribute $ to buy some ?

BOO
Aug-04-2016, 12:36
I may be wrong but as the games use different codes and engines it couldnt be done.

that apart, perhaps the guy shouting out in what is clearly an attempt at an Australian accent "guys were being attacked by blaaady gladiators" whilst flying a German recce aircraft (with an incredible rate of roll) perhaps tells you all you need to know about why this would be a bad idea ........:-)

keeno
Aug-04-2016, 13:03
To MP and team fusion...

"stick a fork in me.............i'm done!!!"

Great work.

Cheers

Continu0
Aug-05-2016, 02:29

Great Update! The map looks killing. :D The above came as a surprise to me tough. Didn't we see screenshots of an almost finished external model of a P40 already? Did the modeler for the P40 leave the team?

RAF74_Buzzsaw
Aug-05-2016, 02:54
Great Update! The map looks killing. :D The above came as a surprise to me tough. Didn't we see screenshots of an almost finished external model of a P40 already? Did the modeler for the P40 leave the team?

The modeler of the P-40E/F did not leave the team, real life demands just made it impossible for him to continue.

A lot of work has been done on the External model, as you could see from the screenshots, but the cockpit as well as many other elements remain to be done.

We are working hard on finding someone else to complete it, but so far no luck.

It will be done at some point.

Salmo
Aug-05-2016, 02:59
Ever thought about Trading aircraft models ? modders have made some cool planes for WarThunder - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OnHxXe3EPag ... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b6Y4dPIWUD8

Maybe we could trade the Defiant ? something they don't have. Maybe players could contribute $ to buy some ?

Thankyou for the thought, but this is not possible for 2 reasons. Firstly the models are 'different' for War Thunder & CLOD. CLOD has far more detail in their models including exacting aircraft interior structural details right down to individual struts & spars. Thus, any model from War Thunder would require extensive re-working. Secondly, the defiant is a legacy aircraft, TF could not, & would not, seek to pass the intellectual property of legacy game objects onto third parties.

Akula93
Aug-05-2016, 05:15
I have few questions regarding new map:

What will be temperature of new map, how mutch higher then england map summer we have in game?, and will we have winter version of new map with differant temp then summer version of new map but probably same textures? are mission maker able to change temperatures of map for missions?

Also what if any differance will same airplane types without tropical filters see if they are flown on new desert map, for exmple will there be any differance in engine behavior or managment if SpitVb and SpitVb trop are flown on desert map, or 109F4 and 109F4trop?

Thanks

IIJG27Rich
Aug-05-2016, 06:19
The modeler of the P-40E/F did not leave the team, real life demands just made it impossible for him to continue.

A lot of work has been done on the External model, as you could see from the screenshots, but the cockpit as well as many other elements remain to be done.

We are working hard on finding someone else to complete it, but so far no luck.

It will be done at some point.
I'm really going to miss that one. I just love seeing those flying around with the roundels teeth and eyes :recon:

IIJG27Rich
Aug-05-2016, 06:27

What will be temperature of new map, how mutch higher then england map summer we have in game?, and will we have winter version of new map with differant temp then summer version of new map but probably same textures? are mission maker able to change temperatures of map for missions?

Also what if any differance will same airplane types without tropical filters see if they are flown on new desert map, for exmple will there be any differance in engine behavior or managment if SpitVb and SpitVb trop are flown on desert map, or 109F4 and 109F4trop?

Thanks

Right now Tobruk is 31' C at 12PM. That doesn't seem very hot at all to me. There may be a breeze off of the Mediterranean sea right now or maybe a storm is coming. I don't know if it even snows in Libya ever.

lil_head
Aug-05-2016, 10:53
I'm really going to miss that one. I just love seeing those flying around with the roundels teeth and eyes :recon:

I'll miss the P40 also.

Thanks to the modeler who has brought it this far, hope real life gets less demanding for you.

I need to learn how to use blender.

Continu0
Aug-05-2016, 11:36
I'll miss the P40 also.

Thanks to the modeler who has brought it this far, hope real life gets less demanding for you.

I need to learn how to use blender.

Yep, a real pitty as it probably would have attracted american players, but one can't change the situation. So saying thanks to the modeler is absolutely the thing to do. I hope we will see this bird in cliffs one day. Thanks for the answer Buzzsaw!

RAF74_Buzzsaw
Aug-05-2016, 14:43

Thanks

Map temperatures will be higher on average of course... unless perhaps its midnight in the desert in January and noon on the Channel map in July.

There will not be a winter version of the map AFAIK... there is no real significant difference in the appearance between the two seasons.

There will be differences in performance between aircraft with tropical filters and those without.

Akula93
Aug-05-2016, 15:41
Map temperatures will be higher on average of course... unless perhaps its midnight in the desert in January and noon on the Channel map in July.

There will not be a winter version of the map AFAIK... there is no real significant difference in the appearance between the two seasons.

There will be differences in performance between aircraft with tropical filters and those without.

Thats perfect, didnt know that temperature changes depending on dates and times of missions in game, i thought its just always same average temperature of area of map no matter what time or day.

1lokos
Aug-05-2016, 16:02
Thats perfect, didnt know that temperature changes depending on dates and times of missions in game, i thought its just always same average temperature of area of map no matter what time or day.

In "release" version CLoD ambient temperature varies through the day - seems to a crazy values :confused!: - but this was broken in that confuse MG patches ("fix" this, broken this and that)...

Avión: HE-111 H (con permiso de Tuckie)
Mapa del canal
Base: Rosieres-en-Santerre
Meteo: default

Avión en cabecera 25, motores parados, rumbo magnético 251º.

Hora/QFE/Temp. ambiente/Temp. agua-aceite motor izq/Temp. agua-aceite motor derch/ind. giroscopio//

1200/984/15/16-15/20-18/-//
1300/984/13/15-15/19-18/-//
1400/984/12/15-14/19-17/-//
1500/984/11/14-14/18-17/-//
1600/984/9.4/14-13/18-16/-//
1610~1620 enciendo luces de cabina//
1700/984/7.5/13-13/17-15/101//
1800/984/5.6/13-12/16-15/120//
1900/984/3.5/12-12/15-14/140//
2000/984/1.2/11-11/15-13/161//
2005 puesta de sol//
2100/984/-1/11-10/14-13/181//
2200/984/-3.3/10-10/13-12/200//
Entre las 2200 y 2300 me doy cuenta de que se acabó la batería//
2300/984/-6.1/9-9/12-11/220//
2400/984/-9.1/8-8/11-10/244//
0100/984/-12/7-7/10-9/266//
Desde esta hora, hasta las 0345 imposible ver instrumentos por falta total de visibilidad//
0400/984/-24/4-4/5-5/324//
0410 amanece//
0500/984/-33/1-1/1-1/349//
0600/984/-40/0-0/0-0/011//
0700/984/-40/0-0/0-0/030//
0800/984/-40/0-0/0-0/051//
0900/984/-40/0-0/0-0/0/072//
0900 arranco motores pasando la temperatura ambiente a -12º//
1000/984/-5.5/0-0/-0-0/093//
1010/empiezan a parpadear las luces de cabina//
1020/las luces de cabina mantienen su luz//
1100/984/-4/0-0/0-0/114//
1105/paro motores//
1120/se acaban las baterias//
1200/984/-/0-0/0-0/135//
1215/arranco motores//
1225/vuelven las luces de cabina//

Comentarios:

La presión atmosférica no varía.

La temperatura ambiente si varía, aproximádamente 1º/hora.

Están contempladas la descarga y carga de baterías.

Cuando la batería se descarga, dejan de funcionar las luces de cabina, todos los indicadores de temperatura y el visor de bombardeo de manera inmediata. Los indicadores de fuel dejan de funcionar mas tarde.

Con batería de nuevo, todo vuelve a marcar lo que debe excepto los indicadores de temperatura de los motores, que no empezarán a marcar correctamente hasta que éstos no cojan temperatura.

Mola el efecto de las luces cuando quieren volver a encender, como una bombilla mal enroscada.
El giroscopio tiene un error de unos 20º/hora=5º/15´ ¡parado!

Si estamos en vuelo y vemos que no se nos encienden las luces de cabina, y/o la temperatura de los motores empieza a bajar, y no tenemos el visor de bombardeo, y si los indicadores de combustible marcan cero es que no tenemos electricidad. La única precaución que es que no nos podremos fiar de lo que nos digan los termómetros de agua/aceite de los motores, por lo que yo abriría un poco mas los radiadores y quitaría un punto de gas, por si las moscas.

IIJG27Rich
Aug-06-2016, 06:55
Nice picture I've never seen before

http://www.sharecg.com/get_image.php?type=WebPage&upload_image_id=119315

Salmo
Aug-06-2016, 07:16
.... What will be temperature of new map
Map temperature & pressure is subject to change. At the moment the map setting are:

TOBRUK MAP
PRESSURE 762
TEMPERATURE 27

CHANNEL MAP (summer)
PRESSURE 760
TEMPERATURE 15

In "release" version CLoD ambient temperature varies through the day - seems to a crazy values but this was broken in that confuse MG patches ("fix" this, broken this and that)...
It is important to understand that any given number is not necessarily representative of an accurate measure of the setting, it is more that the number is changed to get the desired performance from the aircraft.

lil_head
Aug-06-2016, 07:41
Nice picture I've never seen before

http://www.sharecg.com/get_image.php?type=WebPage&upload_image_id=119315

I think that's a pic MP put up just recently of the next patch :P

cheech420
Aug-06-2016, 08:13
:thumbsup:
So today's the day. However this update is going to be a little different. I am not actually going to talk at-all in-depth about the new theatre, no details, no waffling, just a link to this video which shows the new map in it's very, very early stages of texturing and populating.
In terms of the map itself, we now have the physical map approx 90% complete. By that I mean we need to add updated textures, towns, roads, features, lots to do actually but the base of the map is complete and here it is:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6-gNyj0PhO8&feature=youtu.be

Feel free to discuss what you have seen in this thread, share it far and wide, spread the word but at-last you are able to see the theatre we have been working on for far too long in secret. Now that it's out in the open, it will be possible to show you new features, models, textures, buildings in future updates that have stayed under wraps until the Team decided it was time to reveal the news.

Hoping this will be a very well read update I would like to make an appeal to our community for help with 3D modelling. Sadly you do need to have experience in this as we aren't able to train anyone, we, like you are just members of the community who have volunteered their time.

To see more details about what is required and offer your help please read this thread. There is still much to do and many objects to create (not everything is aircraft!) so if you have experience of 3D modelling please read this thread and see if you can help:

http://theairtacticalassaultgroup.com/forum/showthread.php?t=11129

Also, I have been asked to see if any of our community are knowledgeable in regards to coding with C/C+/C++/C# , again we need volunteers to help as we have some features that could do with this skill. If you have a detailed knowledge of coding with these languages please send me an email detailing your ability to:

teamfusion2013@hotmail.com

To help us progress and move forward much quicker, any email replies to the above requests (withing the skillset requested) will be taken very seriously.

Okay and so to a few other bits and pieces.

Here are a few images showing progress in some of the models heading your way in v5.00

Cr.42:

23984 23985

Spitfire VB/VC:

23987 23988 23989 23990 23991 23992

Wellington:

23994 23995 23996

Martlet:

23997 23998 23999 24000

Now, I can imagine looking at the images the Luftwaffe fans will be feeling a little left out. Can I just say that the guys working on the 109F2/F4, 110-C6 and 108 have unfortunately been tied up with their real-life jobs and so I haven't been sent any new images to showcase. The work does continue but they feel that until they have something significant to showcase they would rather not offer anything for a Friday update....yet!

Hopefully for now that will be enough to go with and certainly spark some interest in the community.

Please share the news. We only do this for a hobby and really want to make it a success. Hopefully now that you can see we are able to create new maps and theatres, you'll see that we really are looking to expand in the future and welcome contact from any other modding groups who may be interested in helping :thumbsup:

Okay, until next time, cheers, MP/TF

Tomsk
Aug-08-2016, 08:01
Oh good choice of theatre! Lots of interesting stuff happening in that area. Rommel taking Tokbruk in April 1941 and continuing to advance to the Halfaya pass. The British failed attempt to recapture Halfaya pass in May. The RAF hitting Rommel's supply convoys in the Mediterranean, and the allies retaking Tobruk in November. Rommel then retreated off the map in December but counter attacked and advanced to the Gazala/Bir Hacheim line by Feb 1942. Then we have Rommel's attack against the Gazala line in May, and retaking of Tobruk in June. Then the allies retreat off the map back to El Alamein, but counterattack under Montgomery from Oct 1942 pushing Rommel back off the other side of the map by mid November. Should make for some very interesting scenarios :)

Also does anyone know which video that clip at the end is from? Looks like some kind of documentary about the campaign. EDIT: Nevermind, found it https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CmlXzXRbdTs

Akula93
Aug-08-2016, 08:24
"Also does anyone know which video that clip at the end is from? Looks like some kind of documentary about the campaign."

:)
here:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CmlXzXRbdTs

Tomsk
Aug-08-2016, 12:36
Thanks Akula93.

So does anyone know what time periods TF 5 will be covering? In particular as I understand it in the earlier parts of the battle around Tobruk the allies only had Hurricanes, P-40s and other older aircraft. The Spit Mk V not being in operation until August 1942.

Mysticpuma
Aug-08-2016, 13:11
Generally we're looking at 1941 and a bit of 1942, hence the Spitfire Vb/Vc and 109F2/F4....and who knows what else :)

1lokos
Aug-08-2016, 13:12
"Also does anyone know which video that clip at the end is from? Looks like some kind of documentary about the campaign."

:)
here:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CmlXzXRbdTs

And the opening scenes of this documentary is from Tobruk (2008) (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1224376/) movie, about a Czech battalion.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MB-VO4mjzN4

Good movie, without that "gasoline drum" explosions typical of Hollywood movies as artillery shells.

Tomsk
Aug-08-2016, 13:37
Generally we're looking at 1941 and a bit of 1942, hence the Spitfire Vb/Vc and 109F2/F4....and who knows what else :)

Hurricanes and P-40s vs 109 F2/F4 ... could be a bit brutal. As it was in real life as I understand, the DAF took very serious losses in the early part of the campaign

ATAG_Ribbs
Aug-08-2016, 14:08

Such a tease....MP! The P40 and the Martlet were the 2 aircraft I was looking forward to flying the most. I hope the 3d modeler that was working on the P40 can resume sometime soon as long as real life permits. Or another 3d artist can pick up where he left off. I feel it's an intricate part of this theater..and will be sorely missed. I wish I had the skills and time to contribute. Much love for everyone involved. S!

Keep up the fight!

Ribbs

Gumboot
Aug-08-2016, 14:20
Good stuff excellent.

RAF74_Buzzsaw
Aug-08-2016, 14:25
Thanks Akula93.

So does anyone know what time periods TF 5 will be covering? In particular as I understand it in the earlier parts of the battle around Tobruk the allies only had Hurricanes, P-40s and other older aircraft. The Spit Mk V not being in operation until August 1942.

Actually a June 1942 Desert Airforce OOB shows No.145 and No.601 Squadrons with Spit V's, and there may have been some present in May. But essentially the point is correct, the Spits were mainly operational during the El Alamein battles.

Certainly the RAF held back Spitfires from the Desert and Malta far longer than they needed to. They did not need to concentrate them as heavily against the German opposition on the Channel Coast as they did.

Both sides in the Desert tended to receive later model aircraft than the types made available on the Channel Coast. So for example, the Germans did not receive the 109F2 till August of 1941, and the 109F4 later. And the 190A never saw service in Egypt and Libya, only in Tunisia.

Akula93
Aug-08-2016, 16:22
For spits from , The Story of the Spitfire: An Operational and Combat History by Ken Delve

"The honour of conducting the first Spitfire operations in the Middle East and Mediterranean theatre went to th PR.IVs of No 2 Photographic Reconnaissance Unit (PRU), with four aircraft (AB312,AB421,BP883,BP904) joining the unit in March 1942 to supplement the existing Hurricanes. Photographic reconnaissance had always been a critical role within this theatre of operations and the arrival of the Spitfires added a new capability. Typical of the missions flown was one on 29 March when BP883 took off from Gambut for a four-hour fifty-five-minute sortie covering northern Greece. Two months later 145 Squadron become the first unit in the Desert Air Force to acquire the type, in the shape of the VB, flying its first CAS mission on 1 June."

also for Martlets:

"Nos. 803, 805, 806 Squadron FAA formed the Western Desert RN Fighter squadron, consisting of 24 Hurricanes in 803 and 806 Squadrons (taken over from the RAF, presumably Hurricane I) and 12 Grumman Martlets (Wildcats for Americans) in 805 Squadron for 36 fighters in total. This was operating from August 41 from Mersa Matruh for shipping protection between Alexandria and Benghazi (once captured). They moved to Fort Maddalena on the frontier on 22 November and to Tobruk on 11 December. A short section in the official wartime account of the Fleet Air Arm published by the Ministry of Information in 1943 deals with the desert squadrons of the FAA (see also here). The Squadron operated under RAF Wings 264, 269 and 234 until disbanded in February 1942."

Mersa Matruh is spitting distance from east edge of map shown in video, and early in 1941 they were close to Alexandria.
At start i tought F4F-3 are just for england map, looks like they can be used for historical missions also in new map, good mix for fighter guys

rel4y
Aug-08-2016, 17:29
Would it be possible for TF to increase the max possible texture resolution of aircraft exterior from 2k x 2k which I think is the limit at the moment to lets say 4k x 4k? This would especially benefit bombers and larger aircraft. Now this will probably not fit the timeframe for TF5 release, but I am interested rather if it is possible at all.

Btw, are there any good documentarys around from the axis side of perspective of Tobruk or DAK in general? I have watched the one posted and found the pictures to be fascinating, but I think the narrative fails to depict the real german incitement and problems.

IIJG27Rich
Aug-09-2016, 22:07
Would it be possible for TF to increase the max possible texture resolution of aircraft exterior from 2k x 2k which I think is the limit at the moment to lets say 4k x 4k? This would especially benefit bombers and larger aircraft. Now this will probably not fit the timeframe for TF5 release, but I am interested rather if it is possible at all.

Btw, are there any good documentarys around from the axis side of perspective of Tobruk or DAK in general? I have watched the one posted and found the pictures to be fascinating, but I think the narrative fails to depict the real german incitement and problems.

I've only seen one but it's just a Hans-Joachim Marseille Doc called Tobruk in German dubbed over in Russian. I don't know where the original went. Other than that nothing I've seen.

Roblex
Aug-10-2016, 08:33

Many have answered that there is no point having an aircraft that nobody would fly but back when I used to play Warbirds, the JU52 got a lot of use because the only way to capture territory was to drop paratroopers. As soon as they landed they ran straight for the control tower and once a certain number had got in the airfield changed sides. The poor buggers used to get straffed to hell as they ran across the field :-)

I would not expect anything so arcadish in CLOD but there is still a possibility that JU52s (and DC3s?) dropping or landing paratroopers or supplies could be used as a mission objective even if just AI. Similarly, Lysanders & Storches could be useful for rescuing downed pilots. No. 6 RAF sqn was famous for flying Hurri IIDs but when initially deployed in Libya they had as many Lysanders as Hurricanes.

On the subject or 'downed pilots', what is the setup in the desert map? Will all pilots now survive landing in the desert? Will there be a formula based on distance from a town or airbase. (obviously taking account of who owns that territory)? Or is all this a matter for mission designers to decide?

ATAG_Naz
Aug-10-2016, 08:51
Very nice indeed!

:thumbsup::salute::thumbsup:

LARRY69
Aug-10-2016, 11:02
Last night I had a dream, Played Clod with Patch 5.0. "Palm Sunday Massacre"

http://i1364.photobucket.com/albums/r739/larry691/57thPalm_zpsdx25ox48.jpg~original

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Operation_Flax

1lokos
Aug-10-2016, 12:29
Don't forget the add the "Giant", in this 1943 scenery.

http://www.fiddlersgreen.net/aircraft/Messerschmitt-Me321/IMAGES/Me323-IMAGES/Me-323-fighting.jpg

Akula93
Aug-10-2016, 14:58
Searching through Hurricane squadrons that were in africa in 1941 i found this picture of Hurricane MkI with 8x40lbs bombs,
http://www.iwm.org.uk/collections/item/object/205127172

was this some field modification only used in africa?

will TF make vokes filter versions of Hurricanes I and II also with normal versions?

RAF74_Buzzsaw
Aug-10-2016, 15:19
Searching through Hurricane squadrons that were in africa in 1941 i found this picture of Hurricane MkI with 8x40lbs bombs,
http://www.iwm.org.uk/collections/item/object/205127172

was this some field modification only used in africa?

will TF make vokes filter versions of Hurricanes I and II also with normal versions?

Thanks for the info... first time I've seen this.

There is a possibility we may do this... not planned at this point.

We are making Hurricanes with Vokes filters.

ATAG_Ribbs
Aug-11-2016, 20:29
Is it possible to import an animated figure into the game engine? Like the soldiers running from the plane to the control tower like what was mentioned above? Just curious haha

Mysticpuma
Aug-11-2016, 20:39
Is it possible to import an animated figure into the game engine? Like the soldiers running from the plane to the control tower like what was mentioned above? Just curious haha

Virtually anything can be done in the game engine.....but having the time and people to do it when many more urgent bugs/features/work need fixing.....that is the main issue. We continue the quest and who knows what the future will bring :)

HurricaneHarvest
Aug-12-2016, 01:35
Funny, just watched a doco on the History channel about the siege of tobruk. interviewing a gunner who recounted his time there. He said only a handful of old hurricanes were present to stop the luftwaffe, needless to say, they didn't last long .. very brave men, he sighed.

ATAG_Ribbs
Aug-12-2016, 08:04
I was just thinking how cool animated ground crew would be ..triggered by scripts doing different engine and plane checks. Example you hit engine start..and it triggers a script telling them to pull the chocks or so on and so forth. The animated soldiers running from staffed vehicles.. would be so cool. I remember in European air war..simple sprite soldiers would flee attacked vehicles. Even in its simplest form it works for immersion. Hope something eventually comes to light.. especially as much as the ground war will be prevalent in this theater. Plus with the open terrain.. people on the ground were probably fairly easy to spot I would think. Cheers!

DerDa
Aug-12-2016, 09:56
At first thought ground crew would be wonderful to have. I always love it when the petrol car appears for rr.
But two things make me feel reluctant about the idea:

1. Animated figures must be done extremely well, or they rather kill immersion when they shuffle around like intoxicated zombies. I am not sure it will be worth the enormous amount of work.
2. What happens to them when the airfield is attacked? I am not really comfortable when I'm thinking about that.
Same thing by the way for cows, sheep, chicken etc. on airfields or cart-horses.

ATAG_Highseas
Aug-12-2016, 10:09
they rather kill immersion when they shuffle around like intoxicated zombies.

I've heard that somewhere before...

You been talking to my wife?

rel4y
Aug-12-2016, 10:10
As for animals: I think some Pokemon have taken their roles, have you not seen the new channel map improvements yet? Downside maybe the airspace overcrowding with Charizards.. but then theres population control right? :D

ATAG_Ribbs
Aug-12-2016, 10:11
They could have them just tun to the nearest building and disappear. Like the sprites in EAW..they would run and scatter in all different directions For a little bit and then they were gone. It gave you a couple strafing runs on them. I don't remember seeing them just disappear..they just kinda faded away I think. I would think for someone that didn't care for modeling planes and enjoyed doing animation..this would be a good project. I wonder if the people objects in the game could be animated or if it would all need to be from scratch. I don't think they would have to be incredibly detailed. Even if they were like the ones in the game it would be fine. Don't need facial animation or anything like that.

ATAG_Ribbs
Aug-12-2016, 10:12
I might start a new thread as to keep this one clean for the updates S!

IIJG27Rich
Aug-12-2016, 10:40
Funny, just watched a doco on the History channel about the siege of tobruk. interviewing a gunner who recounted his time there. He said only a handful of old hurricanes were present to stop the luftwaffe, needless to say, they didn't last long .. very brave men, he sighed.

Best North Africa Doc I've ever seen. Part of it is in this update

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xm14dh4oYiY

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7Pe9Jb37wpU

Vlerkies
Aug-12-2016, 12:59
Have a look at Tinus le Roux's website, those that don't already know of it.
http://biltongbru.wixsite.com/ww2-saaf-heritage/interviews
Its all Saffer stuff but some fantastic 'from the horses mouth' so to speak interviews, some of which are regarding the east african desert campaign ops.
eg
http://biltongbru.wixsite.com/ww2-saaf-heritage/bomb-finney

Also the photo albums pages which comprise of personal galleries of the interviewed pilots have some very cool images of the life and times.
Lots more, pilot log books etc.

Mysticpuma
Aug-18-2016, 06:53
A little bit of Desert Action :)

Late evening:

24416 24417 24418 24419

1am moonlit:

24411 24412 24413 24414 24415

dburne
Aug-18-2016, 08:03
Looking great!

HurricaneHarvest
Aug-18-2016, 08:24
Here's some more desert fun ... ROFL ..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TWrBPcTBFAE

ATAG_Highseas
Aug-18-2016, 08:55
Hahaha. .. nice!

IIJG27Rich
Aug-18-2016, 17:41
I'd sure think a sunrise screenshot would be nice :recon:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BAlssPF1Ap4

♣_Spiritus_♣
Aug-18-2016, 18:05
I'd sure think a sunrise screenshot would be nice.

I've seen a few really excellent ones lately.

:devilish:

IIJG27Rich
Aug-18-2016, 18:31
There's a pretty nice one

https://scontent-sea1-1.xx.fbcdn.net/t31.0-8/13679996_1128724197197757_8260830696027322831_o.jp g

Mysticpuma
Aug-18-2016, 18:42

There you go :)

IIJG27Rich
Aug-18-2016, 20:00

There you go :)

:thumbsup: Thanks ...You're the best MP :salute:

badatflyski
Aug-31-2016, 17:34
hello,
happy to see the next gen Tobruk map. impatient to see what you've done and compare it to my (very old) version i did for the old il2-46.
good job guys anyway!!!:ilike:

ps: is there someone working on the würger for a future release yet? is this in the loop?...yeah, i'm asking it because i'm a würger whinner and if we get the Vb/c the A2/A3 will be needed...and also because it's a cool plane:D
KR
JV69_BADA

RAF74_Buzzsaw
Sep-01-2016, 02:46
The FW190A will not be released till TF 6.0 (assuming we get to that stage)

It will be #1 priority for new aircraft in that release. We would expect to include the A1/A2/A3/A4, ie. early versions with the BMW801C engine, and then later versions with the 801D. We would not include the A5, which had the fuselage extension changes, and which was almost entirely a 1943 type. There would be multiple loadout options, ie. 'Jabo' or 'Jaeger' versions, etc.

hello,
happy to see the next gen Tobruk map. impatient to see what you've done and compare it to my (very old) version i did for the old il2-46.
good job guys anyway!!!:ilike:

ps: is there someone working on the würger for a future release yet? is this in the loop?...yeah, i'm asking it because i'm a würger whinner and if we get the Vb/c the A2/A3 will be needed...and also because it's a cool plane:D
KR
JV69_BADA

Cybermat47
Sep-01-2016, 07:54

It will be #1 priority for new aircraft in that release. We would expect to include the A1/A2/A3/A4, ie. early versions with the BMW801C engine, and then later versions with the 801D. We would not include the A5, which had the fuselage extension changes, and which was almost entirely a 1943 type. There would be multiple loadout options, ie. 'Jabo' or 'Jaeger' versions, etc.

I'm just happy to hear that it's actually confirmed for TF 6.0 :stunned:

I look forward to the TF 6.0 expansion, then - and I say expansion because from the sounds of things, TF 5.0 will fix everything already in the game :) :thumbsup:

Swoop
Sep-05-2016, 14:12
I love this one...

http://i176.photobucket.com/albums/w184/19SqnEAF/Spit%202_zpsb7tgxf3p.jpg

Kling
Sep-17-2016, 11:13
I love this one...

http://i176.photobucket.com/albums/w184/19SqnEAF/Spit%202_zpsb7tgxf3p.jpg

Where did you find that one swoop? ;)

ATAG_TCP
Sep-19-2016, 00:27
Keep up the epic work! TF5 is going to be a mind blowing!

Swoop
Sep-19-2016, 07:31
On the facebook page, then a little bit of editing and voilà

It's my wallpaper now!

Was that you flying?

Kling
Sep-19-2016, 12:38
As a matter of fact it was :)

Swoop
Sep-19-2016, 12:43
Lucky bug :)

IIJG27Rich
Sep-19-2016, 13:05
She's pretty for sure.

https://scontent-sea1-1.xx.fbcdn.net/t31.0-8/14207706_1154971691239674_8129970041226733439_o.jp g

AH-DG
Sep-28-2016, 04:57

Hey, how are you out that fuselage was changed at the A5? :doh:

Apart from a few hand-hole cover (or maintenance cover) and an extension (150mm) at the engine part nothing has changed since. Only from Dora came a change in the fuselage.
As for the 801-Engine, from A-3 was there a 801D and 801S (A-3/U7)...
The former 190 (A-1/2) were given C-1 and C-2 planted engine and what the A-1
relates, he still has the smaller wings than the later versions. I kept silence even of the differences in the cockpit (A-1 to A-5).
It is not as easy as you think to build a proper 190.
Still, I'm curious how you will manage it, because what FM CODE applies, he can not simulate the 801-Engine correctly ... that we tried a few years ago even.

;)

Jaguar
Jan-03-2017, 07:58
Hello, I was wondering if the map size in CloD has any hard-coded limits that could hamper production of future maps. My concern is about long range maps for maritime war and/or bomber operations. If not, what are the size limits?

thanks in advance for your answers

cheers

Vlerkies
Jan-03-2017, 14:19
Hello, I was wondering if the map size in CloD has any hard-coded limits that could hamper production of future maps. My concern is about long range maps for maritime war and/or bomber operations. If not, what are the size limits?

thanks in advance for your answers

cheers

Hi

Considering the aircraft and the current map (Channel map Eng/France) its already pretty big.

Time taken to fly from your base to the point where the brown stuff hits the fan or you reach your target are already very customizable depending on the airfields selected for each opposing force.
So much so that vast areas of the current map are really under utilized purely because the flight time is to long to get to the target.

As a result a lot of thought goes into trying to make missions around the bits of the channel where there is the shorter distance to cover to get across.
This can still take some time. Fighters still want to climb and bomber units are stationed more at the rear of the front line so to speak. It works.

Theres a lot of air space to cover in the current map and the same can be said for the African theatre going on scale.

Gromit
Jan-04-2017, 05:34
Gruber added air starts for the Blues on Kanalkampf? to address this problem, it seems to be a workable solution to a 30min transit flight.