View Full Version : Force Feedback Rudder Pedal

1lokos
Aug-22-2016, 15:35
https://www.flightillusion.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/11/ffb-pedals.jpg
https://www.flightillusion.com/new-lower-panel-5/

Talisman
Aug-26-2016, 14:05
Thank you very much for posting this! :stunned:

Looks like something to add for my birthday list in the New Year, LOL. Can't put it on the Christmas list as I already have that covered.

Happy landings,

Talisman

Brennus54
Aug-27-2016, 06:01
Hello 1Lokos

I am looking for forcefeedback pedals since a few months, i know this one, but i never got the price or the name of these pedals on their site.... strange.

If you have the info, let me know.

Brennus

Talisman
Aug-27-2016, 10:18
Is CloD able to interact with more than 1 force feed-back device?

If not, it would be a shame for pilots who already use a force feed-back stick to pay out for force feed-back rudder pedals only to find out that they can't use them both together!

I mention this because I use a force feed-back Gametrix seat and when I investigated using it with CloD it was suggested to me that CloD can only cope with 1 FF device; however, I have not managed to get definitive confirmation of this.

It would be great if TF could confirm whether CloD is compatible with more than 1 FF device, otherwise money might be wasted on a set of expensive FF rudder pedals by our pilots.

DCS appears to support a number of FF devices, so I get to use my FF flight stick and my FF Gametrix seat together on that simulator. It would be a shame to have 3 FF devices (joystick, Gametrix seat and rudder pedals) but only be able to use one of them in CloD.

I have a dream of using FF pedals, FF stick and FF Gametrix seat together with a VR headset one day. Not sure if that will be possible in CloD, but it would be great if it was.

Happy landings,

Talisman

1lokos
Aug-27-2016, 12:22
The site say the pedal will be show for public in November - is "WiP".:D

And yes, most of current games don't have support. The rule is Feedback only in one device in X, Y axis.

Probable only FSX, X-Plane and DCSW - due 3rd plug-ins will make use of this.
E.g. DCSW support Gametrix JetSeat but because a guys write code for use DCS exported data, what is not possible with IL-2 BoS for example because this don't export any data.

So, for CFS players this pedal will be more curiosity that useful.

And the culprit of the situation is their own community, that praise MSF FFB2 as "the best joystick ever" or the "English collar" Warthog as "best joystick of the world", or IL-2 BoS as the "best CFS ever". :) :) :)

The Racing Sim community achieve a "Open Source/DIY Force Feedback Wheel".

A guy propose the same thing for Flight Sim community, look at the feedback he receive:

http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=172964

Brennus54
Aug-28-2016, 04:43
Of course I read that 1Lokos,

But the article is from 2015, and the "november 7 release" don't mention the year.

More exactly it is mentioned that they <<are available as from November 7>>...

So, i'm not an expert in english language but i suspect these pedals are just vapor...

In all case, if we can't use a second FFB device... for the moment... it would be only for a non-CLod sim so... i'm desappointed.

Cheers

Baffin
Aug-28-2016, 07:29
If you have $(US)150 to spend, try a Buttkicker Gamer 2. It senses the base response of your audio and activates a device clamped to the pedestal of your chair. This gives your seat a poor man's motion system. I personally love it.

http://thebuttkicker.com/gamer2

Talisman
Aug-28-2016, 13:23
If you have $(US)150 to spend, try a Buttkicker Gamer 2. It senses the base response of your audio and activates a device clamped to the pedestal of your chair. This gives your seat a poor man's motion system. I personally love it.

http://thebuttkicker.com/gamer2

Thanks Baffin. Are you able to describe some of the effects you get in conjunction with flying in CloD? At what moments do you get activation? Throttle up/down, landing rumble on runway, gear up/down, cockpit shake on the runway, guns firing, taking hits/damage/explosions?

Is this classed as a force feed-back device and will it work if I already use a force feed-back joystick?

P.S. I use a headset, not speakers, so would I still be able to use buttkicker with a headset.

Thanks in anticipation.

Talisman

Baffin
Aug-29-2016, 12:51
Thanks Baffin. Are you able to describe some of the effects you get in conjunction with flying in CloD? At what moments do you get activation? Throttle up/down, landing rumble on runway, gear up/down, cockpit shake on the runway, guns firing, taking hits/damage/explosions?

Is this classed as a force feed-back device and will it work if I already use a force feed-back joystick?

P.S. I use a headset, not speakers, so would I still be able to use buttkicker with a headset.

Thanks in anticipation.

Talisman

As long as you have an output with bass sounds it will work. Since I use a powered subwoofer, I sense that source, but it will work with bass output through normal left and right stereo cables. Once you set it up, it works for all programs on your computer that create bass sound.

The seat will vibrate constantly with the engine running, gives a good "shock" with nearby explosions, and tends to ignore mid and high frequency sounds. All of this is adjustable so when you throttle up, the buttkicking increases proportionally. Rumbling down the runway is sensed, according to the amount of bass you have coming out of your system. Cannon impacts and close flak really get your attention when the program remembers to transmit them. Most of the feel is very subtle, but you really notice it when you forget to turn it on... something is just "missing".

It does not interface with the computer at all except to receive speaker sound output. For this reason, it does double duty as a music enhancement device if you include stereo receiver outputs. You can "Pump up" the bass and no one can hear it. You, on the other hand "Feel" it in the chair. Since it depends on sound output sources, it should work with headphone, but I have not personally tried this.

It has nothing to do with "Force Feedback" logic so it should be fully compatible with those devices. The combination should prove interesting.

However, just because I like it is not a universal guaranty of satisfaction for everyone. One of our CLoD gamers, whose name escapes me, simply never liked it. I don't know how he set it up but the last I heard, he did not use it anymore.

Good Luck! :lala: