PDA

View Full Version : Italian Job :)

shammy
Oct-24-2012, 07:14
Salute and Greetings Gents! :salute:
We need a little help from the ATAG server admins.
On Friday (Oct 26) some suicidal fellas from russian community are planning a massive flight on italian planes (a lot of G.50 and some BRs). Link to thread on Sukhoi forum http://www.sukhoi.ru/forum/showthread.php?t=77541 - Total number is more than 20 italian planes in one huge formation. So I think it's gonna be a real fun for both sides. The whole action will start around 9 p.m. MoscowTime (7 UTC? well i'm not sure about time-zones, sorry.. :S)
And that's what we need Your help for. Just to be sure (if it's possible) that on a time mentioned the proper mission (e.g. with italians in planeset) will be in rotation on ATAG server. If You can possible set it manually for rotation on a whole Friday-Sat nite, You'll do a great favour to us.
Thank You very much and sorry for bad english.

JG52_Krupi
Oct-24-2012, 11:56
Your English is fine, as is this event :D sounds awesome :thumbsup:

ATAG_Colander
Oct-24-2012, 12:02
That would be 12 at noon Houston time...
If no one has any objection, I don't see a problem with that however, isn't the thread at Sukhoi talking about Repka server?

shammy
Oct-24-2012, 12:07
That would be 12 at noon Houston time...
If no one has any objection, I don't see a problem with that however, isn't the thread at Sukhoi talking about Repka server?
This thread is especially about this action on the ATAG, as we didn't even think about any other server :thumbsup:

ATAG_Bliss
Oct-24-2012, 12:16
Salute and Greetings Gents! :salute:
We need a little help from the ATAG server admins.
On Friday (Oct 26) some suicidal fellas from russian community are planning a massive flight on italian planes (a lot of G.50 and some BRs). Link to thread on Sukhoi forum http://www.sukhoi.ru/forum/showthread.php?t=77541 - Total number is more than 20 italian planes in one huge formation. So I think it's gonna be a real fun for both sides. The whole action will start around 9 p.m. MoscowTime (7 UTC? well i'm not sure about time-zones, sorry.. :S)
And that's what we need Your help for. Just to be sure (if it's possible) that on a time mentioned the proper mission (e.g. with italians in planeset) will be in rotation on ATAG server. If You can possible set it manually for rotation on a whole Friday-Sat nite, You'll do a great favour to us.
Thank You very much and sorry for bad english.

1st off, your English is great!

I'll make sure every mission all day Friday/Saturday has the Italian planes. This sounds like a lot of fun :D

Doc
Oct-24-2012, 13:08
Sounds great! Love the BR.20.

ATAG_Deacon
Oct-24-2012, 13:58
Sounds great! Love the BR.20.

Ugh, they're a biotch to bring down...darn air cooled engines...:devilish:

Moving this weekend, wish I could make it :(

JG52_Krupi
Oct-24-2012, 14:04

HEE HEE I recall taken one down manned to the brink with ATAGERS :PP but your right about the engines ;)

ATAG_Headshot
Oct-24-2012, 14:25

I'm moving too. I feel your pain :(

Ataros
Oct-25-2012, 13:26
This winter MSK time: UTC/GMT Offset Standard time zone: UTC/GMT +4 hours
http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/city.html?n=166

Many thanks for support.

ATAG_Bliss
Oct-25-2012, 13:50
This winter MSK time: UTC/GMT Offset Standard time zone: UTC/GMT +4 hours
http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/city.html?n=166

Many thanks for support.

Ataros - This is great. I'm glad you guys asked for this. I'm hoping there will be videos (remember, we have an external track utility as well :D) I've added a few more channels to the Russian section of TS3 in case anyone wanted to use it. Feel free!

I might even be able to whip up a new mission, Operation Daisy, by then. But I would need help with the Russian translations for the mission briefing. :geek:

ATAG_Deacon
Oct-25-2012, 14:39
I'm moving too. I feel your pain :(

Yes, very very busy the next 3 or 4 days...but once I'm settled :flying::shoot::flying::shoot::go:

To make things worse, when I moved to my current place last year it snowed 11 inches on moving day, this year it looks as though Hurricane Sandy is going to make an appearance.

:cussing::wtf:

=vit_unit=
Oct-25-2012, 15:31
Hello mates! There are no italian planes in the Dunkirk mission as I remember... It was requested before :geek: But for the support of the friday event can you add italian aircrafts into the Dunkirk mission? And it would be nice if the bases of these planes are closed to the frontline. Much thanks from all Sukhoi community:salute:

ATAG_Bliss
Oct-25-2012, 16:12
Hello mates! There are no italian planes in the Dunkirk mission as I remember... It was requested before :geek: But for the support of the friday event can you add italian aircrafts into the Dunkirk mission? And it would be nice if the bases of these planes are closed to the frontline. Much thanks from all Sukhoi community:salute:

Hi vit!

I don't really want to change up the Dunkirk mission. I'm not the creater and it was handed to us by a member outside of ATAG. So that's not my call. But, I've actually taken the Dunkirk mission out of the rotation for now until I get some time to test some things. I want to make sure everything works and it seems there's some scripting/object problems.

But I have been reading the Sokhoi forums and have been working on a specific map to your event (AKA - new mission) So don't worry. I may need to have a last minute translation from you though so all the Russian folks understand the targets and what not. So you've gotta surprise waiting for you. I will email the briefing when it is done. Very late tonight hopefully.

=vit_unit=
Oct-25-2012, 23:58
Hi Bliss! Thank you for the quick reply :) I saw your message in steam chat right after you left so I couldn't reply in time. Send me a file to translate. I'm glad to help you in this mission.
So two days for the operation Daisy... Sounds good :) I'm sure we will have a lot of fun :thumbsup:
Give them hell in London:devilish:

ATAG_Bliss
Oct-27-2012, 04:05
Well the mission is all done - Operation Daisy

For everyone, this is a surprise. I hope our English folks don't want to castrate me, but I've made a fictional mission based on the events following a successful operation sea lion. In Operation Daisy Germany does have a strong hold on some of the coastal areas of England. After reading sukhoi it looks like a bunch of our Russian friends would like to take some Italian heavies to London. So you can only guess where the objectives are. Anyhow, this mission contains 0 AI so should be very good performance (I hope)

So Blue boys, grab your heavy kites and your Kevlar panties. You're gonna need them.

Before the screaming starts I am :getaway:

Maler
Oct-27-2012, 05:01
Thx ATAG_Bliss
The first flight of Daisy

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WaW76KSIR6s&feature=g-all-lik
or on TWITCH http://ru.twitch.tv/dip78/b/336954591

Doc
Oct-27-2012, 23:13
Highly suggest placing the same bombers at that far western base. You can lock Manston down to easy with just 2.

Maler
Oct-30-2012, 07:21
The next operation is the "Yellow Snow" on your server. http://www.sukhoi.ru/forum/showthread.php?t=77623

ATAG_Colander
Oct-30-2012, 10:43
Uhm.. 20 110s at the same time!
I think we'll need to increase the number of targets or the missions will rotate every 5 minutes :)

Doc
Oct-30-2012, 12:34
Not so Colander. They cap the only German bomber base and hardly anyone flies the BR.20. You'd think with only 3 objectives it would be quick but that just isn't the case.

RAF74_Buzzsaw
Oct-30-2012, 17:10
The next operation is the "Yellow Snow" on your server. http://www.sukhoi.ru/forum/showthread.php?t=77623

What is the date and time of this event? (US EST?)

ATAG_Colander
Oct-30-2012, 17:14
It's on the thread:
When: Saturday 03.11 at 21:00 GMT

III./ZG76_Keller
Oct-30-2012, 23:00
The misson where Blue is based in England could use a few more airfields on the French side. Being limited to one (for German bombers) is not working out very well.

Recoilfx
Oct-30-2012, 23:05
We need more spawn points for the Germans fighters. It's very easy for the Germans to get bogged down by RAF CAPs, who typically have more ppl and more bases to spawn from.

It doesn't make sense that the German bomber base is stationed at Manston, it's the nearest base to the front line, it's pretty impossible for the fighters to protect.

We should have at least couple fighter and bomber bases at the french coasts (not air start at Monchy-Breton that's too much travel time to complete the objectives).

ATAG_Bliss
Oct-30-2012, 23:22
We need more spawn points for the Germans fighters. It's very easy for the Germans to get bogged down by RAF CAPs, who typically have more ppl and more bases to spawn from.

It doesn't make sense that the German bomber base is stationed at Manston, it's the nearest base to the front line, it's pretty impossible for the fighters to protect.

We should have at least couple fighter and bomber bases at the french coasts (not air start at Monchy-Breton that's too much travel time to complete the objectives).

That's the whole point of it though - how it was designed. You invaded part of England and only have a partial foot hold. You are heavily at a disadvantage, by design.

Doc
Oct-30-2012, 23:52
No flack boats all along the cost. No machine gunners over bases. No air Start 109's. :recon: Spitfires every where like an air show. Then they just around flying formations and tossing empty cans of beer down to us. I think I heard one holler over the roar of his Merlin to pick it up boy and the others laughed. They b comin after us like crazy men. And they are lead by that sixxpack holding drunk man and his sidekick that has only one eye that smokes cigars. I hear he lost it in a bar fight over a women. But ended up marrying her in the end. They're evil. :recon: They gather around at Eastchurh before taking off and I noticed a pentagram painted on the runway and they were chanting death prayers to Hermann Gцring and all his minions :recon: I saw the one that carries a sixxpack shoot down a 109 and then he landed and got out and castrated the deceased pilot and turned his scrotum into a beer koozie. Got back into his spitfire and flew away tossing empty cans out on the runway at Hawkinge. :recon:
:stunned:
I think I saw the four horsemen.

Recoilfx
Oct-31-2012, 00:01
That's the whole point of it though - how it was designed. You invaded part of England and only have a partial foot hold. You are heavily at a disadvantage, by design.

I agree holding England should be hard - however, it doesn't make sense that we can't take off from French coast when England is lost so we can try to regain it.

71st_AH_Code_E
Oct-31-2012, 00:09
Flack boats all along the cost. Machine gunners all over bases. Air Start 109's. :recon: They b comin after us like crazy men. And they are lead by that sixxpack holding drunk man and his sidekick that has only one eye that smokes cigars. I hear he lost it an a bar fight over a women. But ended up marrying her in the end. They're evil. :recon: They gather around at Eastchurh before taking off and I noticed a pentagram painted on the runway and they were chanting death prayers to Hermann Gцring and all his minions :recon: I saw of the sixxpack carrying guys shoot down a 109 and the pilot got out and castrated the deceased pilot and turned his scrotum into a beer koozie. Got back into his spitfire and flew away tossing empty cans out on the runway at Hawkinge. :recon:

LOL! roflmao

The beer cans were filled with used chewing tobacco! :PP

=vit_unit=
Oct-31-2012, 01:57
No flack boats all along the cost. No machine gunners over bases. No air Start 109's. :recon: Spitfires every where like an air show. Then they just around flying formations and tossing empty cans of beer down to us. I think I heard one holler over the roar of his Merlin to pick it up boy and the others laughed. They b comin after us like crazy men. And they are lead by that sixxpack holding drunk man and his sidekick that has only one eye that smokes cigars. I hear he lost it in a bar fight over a women. But ended up marrying her in the end. They're evil. :recon: They gather around at Eastchurh before taking off and I noticed a pentagram painted on the runway and they were chanting death prayers to Hermann Gцring and all his minions :recon: I saw the one that carries a sixxpack shoot down a 109 and then he landed and got out and castrated the deceased pilot and turned his scrotum into a beer koozie. Got back into his spitfire and flew away tossing empty cans out on the runway at Hawkinge. :recon:
:stunned:
I think I saw the four horsemen.

Agree LOLroflmao
Blue side gathered 5 ! bombers He-111 at Manson (it was called "HenkoBand"). They tried to take off during an hour and couldn't do this. Evil spits were everywhere. Bombers were vaulched everytime. Fighters were tied in dog-fights throughout the front-line and they couldn't make busy those spits over Manston. 2-4 109's were not enough which tried to help bombers... That was a real nightmare. A real war :recon:

I was in one of those bombers:( and i saw my men dying, planes crashing, the ground burning in the fire... Operation "HenkoBand strikes into London's heart" was failed having not started yet. :grrr:
:D

Maler
Oct-31-2012, 09:15
Guys, I need a ATAG logo for art design.

Recoilfx
Oct-31-2012, 10:17
Funny you should ask - we are redoing our web site right now, though it's not up yet, the logos are more or less finalized. See attached.

Krupi also has a badge should you need it.

Maler
Oct-31-2012, 11:31
funny you should ask - we are redoing our web site right now, though it's not up yet, the logos are more or less finalized. See attached.

Krupi also has a badge should you need it.

thx!

ATAG_Colander
Oct-31-2012, 11:58
Maybe you could find this useful:

ATAG_Colander
Oct-31-2012, 12:09

Where are the panzers when we need them!! :)

Would be soooo cool if the game was able to support more stuff.
I would love to see in this mission, cargo ships bringing tanks (so reds would have to stop them from reaching the cost) and the consequent tank battles with air support if they manage to get to shore.

ATAG_JTDawg
Oct-31-2012, 15:05

I would love to see in this mission, cargo ships bringing tanks (so reds would have to stop them from reaching the cost) and the consequent tank battles with air support if they manage to get to shore.

MOUTH WATERING , An i'm willing to bet , you can do it , you do some amazing stuff m8, thanks :salute:

Doc
Oct-31-2012, 16:02

If only it had an ARMA component. Bale out and steel a car and break into houses to rummage for survival and hide from search parties looking for you. Hiding the bodies of the victims you stole the clothes from to blend in while you make your way back to your lines and have a persistent ground life like Day-Z.

There ya go.

Dutch
Oct-31-2012, 21:22
LOL! roflmao

The beer cans were filled with used chewing tobacco! :PP

Nah. It was fag ends and piss. I know, coz I wuz there.......:D

Great post Doc, by the way! :)

'I think I saw the four horsemen.'.....Not yet mate, not yet! :D

shammy
Nov-01-2012, 05:34

It was an attempt once to make it. Some might remember it. The mission was called "Operation Sea Lion", on one of the Repka servers. Cargo ships born near Dunkirk and Calais moved towards "Mansgate" and Folkestone. After successful trip through the Channel this cargos spawned smaller landing crafts, which delivered tanks to the shore. Tank had their own targets on the coast, moving to Hawkindge and Mansgate fields. It looked really like invasion and was very exciting to fly over. But unfortunately server was almost unable to stand this mission for more than 15-20 mins... There were several attemts to reanimate this mission with every beta-patch, but no success achieved.
Anyway, the possibility to make such mission is still very real.

=vit_unit=
Nov-01-2012, 16:22
Bliss, could you please set default (not London, not Dunkirk) missions only on your server for the period of operation "Yellow Snow" that we are planning to do on the 03.11.2012 at 21.00 msk (GMT +4:00).
We gathered 31 bf-110's pilots. So it will be difficult to set the huge formation under strong vaulch of evil spitmen :) And we plan to use bf-110 c7.

ATAG_Colander
Nov-01-2012, 16:50
Uhmm...

Don't know about Dunkirk but It might be a better idea to add bases in France for "Operation Daisy" for this event only.
I can imagine how cool a 30+ formation of 110s heading to London from France would look :)

Bliss, your thoughts?

Maler
Nov-03-2012, 11:18
Dear admins, please start in 2 hours mission with bf-110 where there is an airports in Tramkur and Kaffier. Operation Yellow snow is in danger!

ATAG_Colander
Nov-03-2012, 11:48
Maler,

Is that better?

risske
Nov-03-2012, 15:14
Hello, ATAG guys! Thank you for hosting a regular map for the Yellow snow mission! And to those of you who took part in a battle over Ramsgate - that was much fun indeed. Shall we do it ever again? :salute:

Maler
Nov-03-2012, 15:14
Thanx for help ATAG_Colander. The operations was succesful )))

ATAG_Snapper
Nov-03-2012, 17:24
Hey folks,

Your mission was excellent!!!! :thumbsup: Here's my write up of it from the cockpit of a Spitfire 2a:

(Post #5)

http://theairtacticalassaultgroup.com/forum/showthread.php?2373-Event-this-Saturday-11-03-2012-starting-at-about-17-00-UTC&p=21778&viewfull=1#post21778

=vit_unit=
Nov-04-2012, 03:18
Thank admins for letting us organize the operations like Yellow Snow, Daisy. That was very funny! Look forward you will take part in the future missions with us. :salute: