PDA

View Full Version : If someone can help me get the TF Campaign running again, I'll donate $20.

Jean Lafitte
Aug-30-2016, 14:53
I only play SP because I am old and slow. THEREFORE, I became a huge fan of the Team Fusion Campaigns. I played them for a long time until recently when, for no particular reason that I can see, the game crashes whenever I try to launch it. The error messages switch between not being able to find a "Regiment" or something about aircraft not being available.

The game crashes during the very first attempt at "Create Mission". So, just after setting up all of the game variables such as Which Side, Which unit and selecting AI aircraft for both sides, the initial mission is not created because the game crashes.

If I can get the Team Fusion Campaigns running again, it will be because of some help. I can't figure it out. I'll donate to the website if we can get TF Campaigns running again. Thanks.

Continu0
Aug-30-2016, 15:36
This might sound stupid, but have you tried a complete reinstallation?

ATAG_Colander
Aug-30-2016, 16:04
Any error message you can share or does it just die?

SoW Reddog
Aug-30-2016, 16:09
Regiment relates to the code that dictates which AI unit is being used. I'm not familiar with the way the campaign works but I expect there is a config file of some description that stuff is saving to. Perhaps that might shed some light.

Having a screenshot of the error would be helpful too, or at least the exact text of the error.

Jean Lafitte
Aug-30-2016, 17:37
Mission: Regiment not found.

This is the most common error message. I can't recall the exact wording of the other one.

Here is the strange part of this. I did a complete reinstall of the game and the TF Mods because the Steam update erased everything. I was having this TF Campaigns issue PRIOR to the complete reinstall.
Imagine my surprise when this same issue shows up again! It was surprise and disgust . . . that was my reaction.

I had many hours of TF Campaigns fun with no problems before this issue showed up.

Salmo
Aug-30-2016, 21:35
For some reason the campaign mission has chosen a regiment that is not listed in the game's regiment file. Can you try opening the game console after this error & read the text to find the name of the missing regiment?

SIA_Sp00k
Aug-31-2016, 08:17
For the record, most of us are old and slow :)

Jean Lafitte
Aug-31-2016, 13:47
For some reason the campaign mission has chosen a regiment that is not listed in the game's regiment file. Can you try opening the game console after this error & read the text to find the name of the missing regiment?

Of course I'll try that. I see the console file but how to open it?

ATAG_Septic
Aug-31-2016, 14:59
Hi Jean Lafitte,

This might not be any help but might offer some comfort!

I've just now re-acquired this error too. Game was working fine yesterday.

I first saw the error during the mess that was caused by the patch from 1c but it went away after brute force fixing by a clean re-install.

I notice that Steam now reports "update paused" on Cliffs, maybe somehow that's buggered it up again? [EDIT] Unlikely as it has affected both my installs. Must be something they both access. It's not the 1c Mod folder in Documents. Will check DirectX next.

Anyway, I'll let you know when I find a fix although I'll prolly do a quick re-install first and I'm aware you've tried that.

Septic.

EDIT

Couldn't find a cause so decided on a clean installation (completely clean, all directories empty). All went well until I got this error;

On the off chance I decided to try my other copy of the game (external from Steam), which had the same fault, and it works! I dunno what to suggest as the cause but it seems to have been cured by an abortive attempt to apply the TF patches!?

Jean Lafitte
Aug-31-2016, 16:09
Wow! So I'm not the only one with the problem!

Doesn't matter. As soon as we fix the problem, my pledge to donate stands. I hope to donate my money soon.:thumbsup:

HurricaneHarvest
Aug-31-2016, 21:14
This isn't that stupid Windows Update Virus patch ? kept crashing my game continually in strange places.

Jean Lafitte
Aug-31-2016, 22:24
This isn't that stupid Windows Update Virus patch ? kept crashing my game continually in strange places.

I am not sure. I use Webroot, so, I generally don't update the Windows anti virus software, but, I might have updated it through over sight when updating a dozen other updates.

Jean Lafitte
Sep-02-2016, 12:58
The game doesn't randomly crash. The TF Campaigns launch, I am able to fill out the page picking all of the variables, THEN the game crashes during the Creating Mission sequence. It's a hard crash because I have to use Windows Task Manager to end the crash by terminating the whole game.

Vlerkies
Sep-02-2016, 13:53
Hi Jean

I played them for a long time until recently when, for no particular reason that I can see, the game crashes whenever I try to launch it

No expert, but can you post a link to the campaign dl.

Also, a little info on your pc.
Mobo op sys ram cpu etc.

Vlerkies
Sep-02-2016, 14:14
Actually, scratch that.
Never tried the campaign thing, seems I cant even keep a side / pilot selected.
Very nooby. But the default TF campaign does run for me.

HurricaneHarvest
Sep-02-2016, 17:00
Can you create a new campaign, say a spit flying over london, and successfully play it ?

Jean Lafitte
Sep-08-2016, 22:14
Thanks for trying to help, HH. I appreciate it. I've looked at the Mission Builder but I have never built a mission or campaign game. The Vanilla version of the game comes with Campaigns and the work.

HurricaneHarvest
Sep-08-2016, 22:52
Thanks for trying to help, HH. I appreciate it. I've looked at the Mission Builder but I have never built a mission or campaign game. The Vanilla version of the game comes with Campaigns and the work.

Run game -> main menu -> Extras -> Full Mision Builder -> File -> Load Map -> English Channel Summer -> wait 5 minutes for it to load .. .. .. -> Left click on map anywhere, hold left down and drag mouse down, you can move map tp show london. You can also move the mouse wheel to zoom in or out. -> Left click over london -> press the Insert Key. A special marker should appear , then click View -> Object Browser. search for the aircraft you want at the location you have chosen. Input all other data you want - height - speed - camo etc etc, not forgetting to clcik on the TAB for your first aircraft and make sure it's not AI, that you are the player / pilot. -> Then File -> SAve as . Give it a name, and your done.

Might be an idea to exit CLOD entirely and re run, ->Single player -> Single mission -> choose your mission and GO! :D

Lets see what happens.

DRock
Sep-14-2016, 16:24
Could this problem be related to your Steam update? Or a Windows update?

If you reinstalled CoD and the same problem occurs, it may not be that. Especially, if you were able to play the TF Campaign before.

Maybe, find the exact moment this problem started, and do a system restore of Windows to the night before that moment.

Good luck.

Hot_Pursuit
Sep-15-2016, 05:57
I don't normally fly single player these days but after reading your post last week I thought I'd try out my TF campaign. When I clicked the TF Campaign link nothing happened (it didn't even try to load), yet the default campaign and my Desastersoft campaigns work fine. I didn't worry about trying to fix it.

Unexpectedly today Steam did the CloD update (even though I was sure I'd turned auto-updates off) and I couldn't stop it. This changed the game back to the vanilla version. :grrr:

So I went to Steam and made sure I was opted out of all BETA programs, then I ran 'verifiy integrity of game cache' for CloD. After that I reinstalled the TF patches one at a time making sure I started the game after each one. When I finally got it patched back to ver 4.312 I tried the TF campaign and it started! It even had an existing campaign I could continue. :thumbsup:

Don't know if it makes a difference but FYI I never switched to Win 10, still using Win 7 Pro 64.

Hope this helps you.

Jean Lafitte
Sep-16-2016, 20:54
Thanks to all. I will keep trying. Previously I did a complete re installation of everything and that didn't work. I don't know if I want to try that again.

:)

Mysticpuma
Sep-17-2016, 04:59
Jean if you read my thread about " If Steam broke your game" in TF updates, you wouldn't have to ever do a reinstall. Once patched just make a copy of your working modder game folder somewhere else. If a Steam update breaks your game it won't affect your modder 'copy' folder AND you only need Steam running to play the game from your copied folder. Saves all the hassle of reinstalling and any updates only affect the official game folder.

Just make a backup and save yourself all the grief.

Cheers, MP

=FI=Murph
Sep-17-2016, 10:14
I always play from a backup copy I keep on a thumb drive. It works like a "mini ssd".