PDA

View Full Version : Missing Campaigns and Missions?

Philip Sheehy
Sep-19-2016, 22:04
I have owned CLOD since its release. That does not mean much as I have played more 'at' CLOD than seriously enjoyed the game.

While game time has been limited, accumulation time has been constant. I have the TEF Mod and my game launches in MOD format. In my directory for Single Games, I have anything from "Cloud Free" to Dynamic Missions, Stuka Missions and Historical Missions.

In campaigns, my collected range is from Spitfire Dawn to Spitfire on my Tail (x3) to Campaign MB and Campaign MK to Campaign MA.

Yet none of these collected missions and campaigns are visible in the game's table of contents. What fundamental 'error' have I committed? The campaign and single mission file folders are intact each containing the respective .mis or .briefing files. But they are not appearing where they might be selected as playable options.

I truly hope that someone can assist me in getting out of this self-constructed prison.

BOO
Sep-20-2016, 12:32
Hello Phillip, might be better to put this post into the the single player forum to get the best chance of a response from someone who knows.

(Then just add a note to this thread saying where the post is (with a link)

Regards

BOO

Akula93
Sep-20-2016, 13:22
Hi

if i understod correctly you have missions in folders in game but dont fined them in game, maybe they are in wrong folders?

Are your campaign missions in this folder?

C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\il-2 sturmovik cliffs of dover\parts\bob\mission\campaign

if yes, open campaigns.ini that is located in same folder, with notepad and do you see in that text file list with campaign names and folder names of your campaigns there?

Then when you go in game in Single Player, then in Campaign, in top left corner window you should see names of campaigns, maybe need to scroll down little to fined them.

If all is yes i dont know why you can not fined campaigns in game

Regarding single missions are they in this folder?

C:\Users\Documents\1C SoftClub\il-2 sturmovik cliffs of dover - MOD\missions\Single

When in game you go in Single Player, then Single Mission, do you see in left top corner under Single Select , Multi and under it Single option, when you click on Single you should then see your single missions and be able to start them when selected, maybe you dont see Multi and under it Single option there, insted there you see .. and list of missions, just click on .. few times and youl exit to see Multi and Single option with your missions.

Maybe this help

Philip Sheehy
Sep-20-2016, 16:29
Hi

if i understod correctly you have missions in folders in game but dont fined them in game, maybe they are in wrong folders?

C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\il-2 sturmovik cliffs of dover\parts\bob\mission\campaign

if yes, open campaigns.ini that is located in same folder, with notepad and do you see in that text file list with campaign names and folder names of your campaigns there?

Then when you go in game in Single Player, then in Campaign, in top left corner window you should see names of campaigns, maybe need to scroll down little to fined them.

If all is yes i dont know why you can not fined campaigns in game

Regarding single missions are they in this folder?

C:\Users\Documents\1C SoftClub\il-2 sturmovik cliffs of dover - MOD\missions\Single

When in game you go in Single Player, then Single Mission, do you see in left top corner under Single Select , Multi and under it Single option, when you click on Single you should then see your single missions and be able to start them when selected, maybe you dont see Multi and under it Single option there, insted there you see .. and list of missions, just click on .. few times and youl exit to see Multi and Single option with your missions.

Maybe this help

Thank you very much Akula. My main problems appear placement of the campaign folders. I had been placing them into the Softclub campaigns folder, not parts/..../campaign folder in the main game folder. Also, I need to find out how to integrate the campaigns into the program via the config.sys.

1lokos
Sep-20-2016, 16:37

Besides this, you need the campaign "named" folder in ...Documents\1c, sample:

..:\Documento\1C SoftClub\il-2 sturmovik cliffs of dover - MOD\mission\campaign\campaign_Erpr.Gr.210\state.in i

The State.ini file is the index of played missions and should be inside this campaign "name" folder.

Attention for the folder \mission\ and not \missions\ - this last is for Single Player missions, like Akula pointed:

...\Documents\1C SoftClub\il-2 sturmovik cliffs of dover - MOD\missions\Single

And, some campaigns, e.g. Desastersoft, Huninthesun... need a custom .DLL added in game folder (see readme for specific place). This .DLL should be "unlocked" for avoid Windows UAC issues.

Philip Sheehy
Sep-20-2016, 16:39
Hello Phillip, might be better to put this post into the the single player forum to get the best chance of a response from someone who knows.

Regards

BOO

Hello,

My fundamental problems appear to be the correct placement of the campaign folders. Are they placed in the main directory (parts/....) or the 1C Softclub folder? Also, what needs to be placed in the campaign config.sys file and which file?

Lastly, where is the Single Player forum?

Regards,

Philip Sheehy
Sep-20-2016, 16:49
Besides this, you need the campaign "named" folder in ...Documents\1c, sample:

..:\Documento\1C SoftClub\il-2 sturmovik cliffs of dover - MOD\mission\campaign\campaign_Erpr.Gr.210\state.in i

The State.ini file is the index of played missions and should be inside this campaign "name" folder.

Attention for the folder \mission\ and not \missions\ - this last is for Single Player missions, like Akula pointed:

...\Documents\1C SoftClub\il-2 sturmovik cliffs of dover - MOD\missions\Single

And, some campaigns, e.g. Desastersoft, Huninthesun... need a custom .DLL added in game folder (see readme for specific place). This .DLL should be "unlocked" for avoid Windows UAC issues.

I much appreciate your ideas. I am getting closer to understanding the MOD file setup. Single Missions go into the 'mission\single' folder in the Documents
Yet I remain confused by the campaign structure. Are the individual campaign folders placed into the main directory 'Parts' menu or are they placed in the Documents folder of 'mission/campaign'
What appears even more important is the campaign config.sys file and what is written into it. Is there a model or template for integrating a campaign name into the campaign config.sys.

Thank you

bf109
Sep-20-2016, 18:38
Do you saw these notes in the readme of the campaign spitfire-on-my-tail-modded?
You must modify campaign.ini file in the /parts/... /campaign folder like the example in the notes. Maybe others campaigns are the same.

"INSTALLATION
With modded version of the game the installation has a couple of differences relating to the new '-MOD' folder in mydocs and there is the distinct possibilty that you are running a copy of the Steam install somewhere on your hard drive (highly recommended imho)
I have always done things manually...
First extract the .rar to a convenient place
Then copy the folder " spitfire-on-my-tail-part2-modded " (without the quotation marks) to //.......YOUR INSTALL /il-2 sturmovic cliffs of dover/parts/bob/mission/campaign/

While you are in this folder you need to add these lines to the campaigns config file:-

spitfire-on-my-tail-part2-modded

[spitfire-on-my-tail-part2-modded]
folder spitfire-on-my-tail-part2-modded
title spitfire on my tail-part2-modded
image poster.bmp

the config file should look something like this:-

[Main]
campaign_gb
campaign_de
spitfire-on-my-tail-part2-modded

[campaign_gb]
folder campaign_gb
title Cliffs Of Dover
image Poster.bmp

[campaign_de]
folder campaign_de
title Adler Angriff
image Poster.bmp

[spitfire-on-my-tail-part2-modded]
folder spitfire-on-my-tail-part2-modded
title spitfire-on-my-tail-part2-modded
image poster.bmp

next you need to create an empty folder with the EXACT same name as the folder you just created in " Documents/1C SoftClub/il2 sturmovic cliffs of dover-MOD/mission/campaign (you could just repaste the folder you pasted in your install.... -and delete the contents.)
when you run the campaign a file called "state" is created which keeps track of where you are in the campaign. (and if you really need to jump to a specific mission in a campaign you can alter the number to the mission number you wish to play MINUS 1- ie at start of campaign=0, for 10th mission change to 9)"

bf109

1lokos
Sep-20-2016, 18:43
I am getting closer to understanding the MOD file setup. Single Missions go into the 'mission\single' folder in the Documents

No, you are missing a "s", Single Missions goes to \missions\single\ folder in Documents.

Se the bold part in my previous posts.

Campaign don't use "config.sys" - they use "state.ini" inside

..:\Documents\1C SoftClub\il-2 sturmovik cliffs of dover - MOD\mission\campaign"campaign name"\

Attention: this time is mission and not missions

Philip Sheehy
Sep-22-2016, 22:09

Regards

BOO

My meandering questions have been moved upon request to the Single Player's Lounge............