PDA

View Full Version : Airwarfare and its "lost" CLoD downloads

wheelsup_cavu
Sep-21-2016, 15:24
I have noticed some threads about CLoD files that were originally uploaded to Airwarfare and are no longer available because the links are broken.

Shortly before Cliffs of Dover was released we reopened Airwarfare as a support website with a forum and downloads area. We were hoping to capture the same magic that existed when we opened M4T to support IL-2. While some traffic was generated to the site after the release of CLoD the overall problems with the sim at its release left the site relatively unused. We finally closed it down at the end of 2015 due to the lack of interest but we did not just discard all of the CLoD files that had been uploaded by the community. Due to the number of uploads at Airwarfare and our own personal time constraints we combined those files into single downloads and separated them by Mission type, skin type, etc. and uploaded those files to Mission4Today.

IL-2 Cliffs Of Dover: http://www.mission4today.com/index.php?name=Downloads5&c=2 (CLoD downloads section @ M4T)

I see that ATAG has a nice download area for the files now but a new downloads area at M4T, that I linked above, was made available after we closed Airwarfare for anyone wanting to upload their Cliffs of Dover files.

Wheels

InvaderZim
Sep-21-2016, 18:59
Thanks M8! :thumbsup:

Ardu
Sep-22-2016, 01:18
Thanks greatly for the above information. I look forward to running a campaign from the link you provided.
Specifically, I downloaded the FighterBoys campaign. However, I have now spent a couple of hours trying to figure how to load it into the modified version of CLOD. (And, yes I did read the Readme file that came with the campaign, but I ended up with more questions. Like, which folders go where, the modded folders or the original game, etc.)

So, if this is a dumb question, and that wouldn't surprise folks that know my computer expertise, I apologize in advance; but I tried to find the answer on both this and the M4T site.
Any help would be very appreciated.

1lokos
Sep-22-2016, 11:39
Ardu,

If the downloaded campaign was done for CloD "vanila" (without MOD), the campaign files allocation in game folder is not changed, place then in (assuming that you use STEAM default installation path):

...Steam\SteamApps\common\IL-2 Sturmovik Cliffs of Dover\parts\bob\mission\campaign"My campaign name"

Replace "My campaign name" with proper name.

What change is the campaign index in Documents\1C Soft... folder,

...Documents\1C SoftClub\il-2 sturmovik cliffs of dover\mission\campaign"My campaign name"

to:

...Documents\1C SoftClub\il-2 sturmovik cliffs of dover - MOD\mission\campaign"My campaign name"

Notice the difference in bold part.

I don't find this " FighterBoys" campaign in above link, but testing with "Spifire_Dawn_ver._1.02" work OK.

BTW - This campaign start with Tiger Moth flight, and we know this is the most difficult plane to taxi in CloD - due their "super-Wind" (or weight'less planes).
The trick is, keep RPM in 1650, so taxi became possible. :thumbsup:

Ardu
Sep-22-2016, 23:53
Thanks 1lokos! Much appreciate the help and the advice. And the very quick response.
I will try this when I get a chance which probably won't be for a few days.

wheelsup_cavu
Dec-09-2016, 01:38
We got a broken download report on the Airwarfare skins Archive the other day.
Airwarfare Skins Archive: http://www.mission4today.com/index.php?name=Downloads5&file=details&id=254

The file is packed as a .rar file instead of a .zip file but we can't find anything wrong with the download. To open the .rar file a free option that is available is to use 7zip.
7Zip: http://www.7-zip.org/

Wheels

major_setback
Dec-17-2016, 15:33
We got a broken download report on the Airwarfare skins Archive the other day.
Airwarfare Skins Archive: http://www.mission4today.com/index.php?name=Downloads5&file=details&id=254

The file is packed as a .rar file instead of a .zip file but we can't find anything wrong with the download. To open the .rar file a free option that is available is to use 7zip.
7Zip: http://www.7-zip.org/

Wheels

Yes, I reported the link broken.
I was going to repost your link once again here at ATAG, as lots of people seem to have missed this important download. But when I tried the download link to test it, it wouldn't work for me. I already have the skins myself (downloaded earlier from your link when it first appeared) but I was testing the link before reposting it, which I ended up not doing. I was logged onto the site, but nothing at all happened when I clicked on the link to test it.

Anyway, I'm glad it's working, and sorry for any inconvenience I may have caused.
Thanks again for hosting all these skins, it is a very important resource!
Cheers, Setback

wheelsup_cavu
Dec-19-2016, 17:12
Yes, I reported the link broken.
I was going to repost your link once again here at ATAG, as lots of people seem to have missed this important download. But when I tried the download link to test it, it wouldn't work for me. I already have the skins myself (downloaded earlier from your link when it first appeared) but I was testing the link before reposting it, which I ended up not doing. I was logged onto the site, but nothing at all happened when I clicked on the link to test it.

Anyway, I'm glad it's working, and sorry for any inconvenience I may have caused.
Thanks again for hosting all these skins, it is a very important resource!
Cheers, Setback
If you click the MediaFire link (Location) it won't work. You need to click the skins.rar (Filename) link.
No inconvenience either since we do like to keep the downloads sections current and the members reporting Broken links helps us immensely with that endeavor. :thumbsup:

Wheels