PDA

View Full Version : Very Lost in the Woods

Philip Sheehy
Sep-22-2016, 20:20
I had originally posted a request for help in the 'Team Speak' section. "BOO" advised me to move to the Single Players area for better coverage. So here will try again, after receiving some helpful messages from some team members.

Missions:

I have in my Documents section, a 1c SoftClub a Cliffs of Dover MOD folder. In that folder, under the Mission (not Missions) folder I place my single player missions in the "Single" folder. Note that I place the complete mission folder with the MIS and Brief statements included. Due to the creativity of the followers of Cliffs of Dover, I have many mission folders. But not all appear in the game menu under Single Player/Single section. How can I render my single player missions folder more accessible. This leads to the net major problem.

Campaigns:

I have as a rule placed the campaign folders and their content into the Mission/Campaign folder. Yet I am also told that the campaigns should go into the Parts/BOB/Mission/Campaign location. Where is the correct placement for the campaign folder?

Over the years I have accumulated many campaigns such as Campaign Dk, De, Mb, Mk or Cloud Free, 501 Campaign, Campaign Battle of Britain for example amongst many others. Yet when I launch the game, none of these user created campaigns appear in the Campaign menu of Cliffs of Dover.

Where should these be placed correctly? Moreover, what should be placed in the very illusive (where is it?) config.sys folder so the campaign is integrated into the program? What is the proper phrasing or layout of this folder? Again, I have been told that the campaign folders should go into the Parts/BOB/Mission/Campaign folder. I have done this, but the redundancy only appears to take up hard drive space and the campaign titles remain hidden.

Getting Airborne:

I have been able to get on to the airfield. However, is there a clear users manual that tells (an idiot like myself) how to start the engine, increase the throttle, raise the landing gear?

I believe that Cliffs of Dover is a fine program with ongoing potential. Yet I am finding myself belatedly fumbling over the very basics.

Guidance appreciated...............

1lokos
Sep-22-2016, 20:47
Copy from my answer to you in other topic:

..:\Documents\1C SoftClub\il-2 sturmovik cliffs of dover - MOD\mission\campaign"My campaign name"\

This folder should contain the file: State.ini for each campaign.

....\Steam\SteamApps\common\il-2 sturmovik cliffs of dover\parts\bob\mission\campaign"My campaign name"\

This folder should contain campaign mission files, skins etc.

Desastersoft, Huninthesun... campaings need a custom .DLL - read their instructions, this .DLL should be "unlocked" for avoid Windows UAC issues.

Pay attention with mission and missions names in folders.

Philip Sheehy
Sep-22-2016, 22:28
Copy from my answer to you in other topic:

..:\Documents\1C SoftClub\il-2 sturmovik cliffs of dover - MOD\mission\campaign"My campaign name"\

This folder should contain the file: State.ini for each campaign.

....\Steam\SteamApps\common\il-2 sturmovik cliffs of dover\parts\bob\mission\campaign"My campaign name"\

This folder should contain campaign mission files, skins etc.

Desastersoft, Huninthesun... campaings need a custom .DLL - read their instructions, this .DLL should be "unlocked" for avoid Windows UAC issues.

Pay attention with mission and missions names in folders.

************************************************** ************************************************** ************************************************** *************************************************
I understand well your comments.

However, some members have pointed that the 'State.ini' results from a campaign that has been played. If I cannot access the campaign because it does not show on the agenda, I cannot play it.
Note also that those few campaign folders where a 'state.ini' exists are not visible or accessible on the Campaign Menu in the game.

Others have stated that the user created campaigns should be placed in the Parts/BOB/Campaign folder with edits, which are still very unclear to me, to the "Campaigns" configuration settings.

I do appreciate your comments. They have started me thinking more on this confusing simulator. I have placed in my Documents file under Cliffs of Dover-MOD folder in the Mission\Single my collection of user created single player flights. Yet not all flights show on the game menu after program launch. Any reason for this confusing disparity?

1lokos
Sep-23-2016, 00:19
I am sure of what I'm talking about - I always check before answer, is not just a "guess".

Look:

http://s15.postimg.org/htmy3lyff/campaigns.jpg (http://postimg.org/image/ok3fd1ll3/)20mb image hosting (http://postimage.org/)

1 - Campaigns show in my TF MOD game.
2 - I.KG.54 is a non started Campaign - see the NEW button.
3 - AND the folder "Campaign.I.KG.54" has the file "State.ini", as well all other campaigns.

But, as seems that it don't help, I stop there. Good luck in your "fight": :thumbsup:

http://thrashcomh.com.br/thrash/wp-content/uploads/2013/02/murroempontadefaca1.jpg

Akula93
Sep-23-2016, 03:58
************************************************** ************************************************** ************************************************** *************************************************
I understand well your comments.

However, some members have pointed that the 'State.ini' results from a campaign that has been played. If I cannot access the campaign because it does not show on the agenda, I cannot play it.
Note also that those few campaign folders where a 'state.ini' exists are not visible or accessible on the Campaign Menu in the game.

Others have stated that the user created campaigns should be placed in the Parts/BOB/Campaign folder with edits, which are still very unclear to me, to the "Campaigns" configuration settings.

I do appreciate your comments. They have started me thinking more on this confusing simulator. I have placed in my Documents file under Cliffs of Dover-MOD folder in the Mission\Single my collection of user created single player flights. Yet not all flights show on the game menu after program launch. Any reason for this confusing disparity?

bf109 post explains how to edit campaigns.ini file and what you add for each campaign, he could not explained it better,

http://theairtacticalassaultgroup.com/forum/showthread.php?t=23359&p=242973&viewfull=1#post242973

i dont know whats confusing still but ill try to explain it in my words,
So even if you placed your campaign folders containing missions in that "C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\il-2 sturmovik cliffs of dover\parts\bob\mission\campaign" folder BUT you didnt add campaign names in "campaigns.ini" file like 109 post explains (you open that file by notepad or any other text reading program), youll NOT see your campaigns in game. This should be first step to see your campaigns in game.

Do you have "campaigns.ini" file in "...parts/bob/...campaign" folder?
can you post picture of your "...parts/bob/...campaign" folder like 1lokos did in hes post ?

2nd step, create empty folders with same names as campaign folders containing missions you wont in here "C:\Users\Documents\1C SoftClub\il-2 sturmovik cliffs of dover - MOD\mission\campaign", they are now empty and this is where when you start your campaigns "state.ini" will be created and track your progres. Now your fully ready to play campaigns you have.

So to finish, step by step if i wont to add this campaign campaign_III.JG26 to my game, is like this:

Folder campaign_III.JG26 that contains missions i place in this folder:

"C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\il-2 sturmovik cliffs of dover\parts\bob\mission\campaign"

then in same "campaign" folder i placed "campaign_III.JG26" folder i open campaigns.ini with notepad, and add what is in Bold text ( without " " marks i use them just to capture text whats in that campaign.ini file):

"[Main]
campaign_gb
campaign_de
campaign_III.JG26

[campaign_gb]
folder campaign_gb
title Cliffs Of Dover
image Poster.bmp

[campaign_de]
folder campaign_de
title Adler Angriff
image Poster.bmp

[campaign_III.JG26]
folder campaign_III.JG26
title III.JG26
image Poster.bmp"

This now means i can see campaign in game.

Then in this folder:
"C:\Users\Documents\1C SoftClub\il-2 sturmovik cliffs of dover - MOD\mission\campaign"

I create new folder and re-name him to: campaign_III.JG26
its empty, and inside of that folder when you start your campaign "state.ini" will be created automaticly, so your campaign progres can be tracked.

I cant eplain it any easer i hope this will help, or some one with better understanding of english can help.

Can you post picture of your single player screen were you select missions? single missions are simple dont know whats not working for you.

PS.
every campaign usealy have read me text file where autor of campaign explains where and what you need to change or add to have working campaign in your game, this is how i learned how to add campaigns i downloaded to game. All your downladed campaigns folders should contain thouse read me files and that can help you maybe better then this.

SD_MBen
Sep-24-2016, 08:58
Over the years I have accumulated many campaigns such as Campaign Dk, De, Mb, Mk or Cloud Free, 501 Campaign, Campaign Battle of Britain for example amongst many others. Yet when I launch the game, none of these user created campaigns appear in the Campaign menu of Cliffs of Dover.

Hi Philip,
Is it possible that you could up-load these missions to the "Download" forum here!
Ben

SD_MBen
Oct-10-2016, 16:14
Hi Philip,
Is it possible that you could up-load these missions to the "Download" forum here!
Ben

Hi,
Any chance of this?

Ben