PDA

View Full Version : Shot down a Friendly. Details unclear.

ATAG_Highseas
Oct-11-2016, 08:01
OK... this is bugging me.

Went on teamspeak last night and as i was starting the game was accused of shooting down a friendly.

I didn't see who accused me... and nobody replied when I asked....

I wasn't in a plane at the time so I'm confident it wasn't me !!

Now it is of course entirely possible that this was related to a previous incident.

I know for a fact that some point at the begining of last month I did get shots on a friendly. Possibly even shot down.

It wasnt a good feeling when I realised that. I've been holding off the trigger since then... until 100% certain...

Anyhow....

Whoever you are.... if there was some previous issue.... I appologise. And with sincerity.

'Seas

ATAG_((dB))
Oct-11-2016, 08:51
Dude this is serious business. You have to give back your tag

SIA_Sp00k
Oct-11-2016, 08:56
And your man card. Stay aggressive. If it passes in front of your sights, its a target.

:)

ATAG_Highseas
Oct-11-2016, 08:57
Dude this is serious business. You have to give back your tag

I'm using it.

ATAG_Highseas
Oct-11-2016, 09:01
And your man card. Stay aggressive. If it passes in front of your sights, its a target.

:)

YOU TALKING TO ME PAL????

any good?

:D

ATAG_((dB))
Oct-11-2016, 09:38
:-P

lil_head
Oct-11-2016, 09:43
Life's to short to hold grudges.

I'll join you Highseas.

This happened not long after the last patch was released, where you could use flak guns.
I confess I accidently shot down a friendly once with a flak gun at very long range. He was chasing an enemy plane that I had been firing at for sometime. They were getting pretty far away for the flak gun to be of any use by this time. So I stopped firing but on my last rounds the friendly flew straight into what I though was the flight path of my ammo. To my shock and surprise it seem to explode right in the cockpit. It was too far to tell but it was an instant PK and I saw the right wing came completely off. At first I wasn't sure if I had done that as it was so far away and seemed near impossible but there it was in white writing and I was the only one on the a flak gun. I felt so bad that I was too afraid to apologise at the time. I was also confused as to how I could hit it or if the AI flak was responsible.
Now I won't fire flak at enemy aircraft being chased by friendlies, lesson learnt.

So if this sounds familiar and occurred years ago, I'm sorry. S!

SIA_Sp00k
Oct-11-2016, 09:43
Better, much better :)

ATAG_Dave
Oct-11-2016, 10:52
One month ban from the server - suspended sentence pending whether this turns out to be true...

I've been holding off the trigger since then... until 100% certain...

:glaughter::glaughter:

PS did it come up on your damage report?? :-P:-P:-P

S!

farley
Oct-11-2016, 11:14
I know for a fact that some point at the begining of last month I did get shots on a friendly. Possibly even shot down.

'Seas

You nasty man! And I used to think you were a decent human being........ you disgust me!!:thmbdwn:

Hope you feel better for getting that off your unmanly, unhairy chest.:)

But seriously Highseas, we all know you well enough to know that you would never shoot at a friendly on purpose, and we all know that we are capable of making the same mistake in the heat of battle. So stop feeling badly :salute:

But also know that if you ever shoot at me, i will drop bombs on your house!:devilish:

ATAG_Highseas
Oct-11-2016, 11:16
One month ban from the server - suspended sentence pending whether this turns out to be true...

I think thats a bit harsh.

Besides... I'm not sure who made the accusation.

ATAG_Dave
Oct-11-2016, 11:18
I think thats a bit harsh.

Besides... I'm not sure who made the accusation.

'twas an attempt at humour old chap :salute:

ATAG_Highseas
Oct-11-2016, 11:19
'twas an attempt at humour old chap :salute:

I know... I was returning some !...

man... another miss for 'Seas !!!

farley
Oct-11-2016, 11:31
I think thats a bit harsh.:D

Instead, how bout you owe us all a beer?
I can find you next summer in your favorite pub. Date and time please :thumbsup:

ATAG_Lewis
Oct-11-2016, 13:40
I only got an apology after he had spent 5 minutes laughing...

Uncontrollably I might add!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b-fp_waOQaY

https://s3.amazonaws.com/rapgenius/1379186293_oie_angermanagement.gif

ATAG_Highseas
Oct-11-2016, 14:05
That wasn't me...

I wasn't even... erm... in the air...

ATAG_Pattle
Oct-11-2016, 21:45
'Seas,, I will stand up and defend you.

Feel like your shooting accuracy has been bought into disrepute. Granted some may say it has never risen above that level, :-P Such scurrilous accusations, rumours and innuendo's have absolute place in this Kangaroo Court, and therefore require a defence of some sort. :)

I will call a key witness, myself, who can vouch that you were on the ground when you apparently took out a spit flying 240mph, 10 miles away at 6000 feet.

What I cannot dispute is your talent for the extraordinary, which is the hands of a skills prosecutor, may be used against you, with you accused actions deemed thoroughly plausible to the average person....

I call for a panel of judges to convene, to determine if 'Seas is in fact that good a shot, using a uniquely spethal loadout, or if he has been horrendously defamed, if he is in fact the Messiah of deflection shooting, or just a very naughty boy.

I rest my case with my closing address - it wasn't him. :thumbsup:

ATAG_Highseas
Oct-12-2016, 03:46
'Seas,, I will stand up and defend you.

- it wasn't him. :thumbsup:

Well certainly not the night before last... !!

Me flying into Lew I must confess was.... though how he got hold of my official soundtrack I will never know.... :nnbb: