PDA

View Full Version : Man'tiqueing

7./JG26_SMOKEJUMPER
Oct-11-2016, 20:49
Hi fellas,

I went mantiqueing and found these sweet WWI artillery fuses. Pretty sure these where airburst fuses but I could be wrong. After admiring these and taking these photos I had a sandwich. Half way through I thought to myself. I sure as hell hope these don't have some nasty nerve agent residue or other WWI crazy stuff on them...... I'm fine but it gave me pause. Some nasty business that war.

I do furniture sometimes too. I'll post up more finds and if you are into old collectables post em up. I like seeing other peoples collections too.

ATAG_Lolsav
Oct-12-2016, 11:01
In a quick view i read something like "Man Etiquette" on the title. Immediatly i went mentally back to a youtube video i saw some time ago about "Man Etiquette on the bathroom", which i found amusing for beeing so true.

Tought you were about to post that. Since you didnt, i am doing it :)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IzO1mCAVyMw

P.S. I devoured the "MR Robot" season 1 and 2 for a reason :D

Bonditaria
Oct-12-2016, 11:20
That man'tiquing word was new to me too, I had to look it up in urban dictionary (http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=mantiquing)...

mantiquing

This is when a young woman goes to art exhibits, auctions and cosmopolitan areas where she can expect to find wealthy older men. She, however, does not settle for just anyone, and is regularly seen browsing for men. This is slightly more classy than a gold-digger, as a gold digger often looks only for money, while a mantiquer looks for connections and "old money." A mantiquer has hopes of one day becoming a trophy wife.

:stunned:

ATAG_Freya
Oct-12-2016, 13:10
Mantiqueing is when my wife drags me to antique stores/events and I try to justify my being there by finding cool old military stuff and books. I've got some good stuff out of it, and no longer am 'dragged' to it, but instead look forward to it. My big purchase last year was a german soldier gas mask tin ($30 - ok not so big). I've also found it to be a great source for book series like the time-life 'epic of flight' and such. Many years back there was a guy selling a bombsight very similar to the blenheims, I regret not buying it even though it was expensive! Always on the hunt, you never know what you might find. Maybe I'll find a hot old lady and become a trophy husband...cha-ching!

ATAG_Highseas
Oct-12-2016, 13:17
Maybe I'll find a hot old lady and become a trophy husband...cha-ching!

Make sure you read all the terms and conditions....

and good luck !

:dthumb: