PDA

View Full Version : Rearm, Refuel and Lotfe 7 utilities

ATAG_Colander
Oct-28-2012, 11:45
All,

The Rearm and Refuel (RR) is now on the server and will be available after the current mission rotates. Entering "<rr" in chat will initiate rearm and refuel your plane.
Your plane MUST:
1.- Have at least 1 bullet left on each gun. Firing all bullets jams the machine guns and the ground crew will have to dismount them.
2.- Have at least one drop of fuel left. Emptying the tanks completely would require the maintenance crew to clean the fuel lines.
3.- Have the canopy open. Safety requirement in case an emergency occurs.
4.- Have magnetos off. To avoid unintentional power on while in-service.
5.- Be fully stopped.

Warning: Attempting to power on the engine of fire the guns while servicing will cause serious damage to your plane. Please wait patiently.

To emulate time to refuel, a bit better and not extend too much the wait time, refuel will only fill the tanks to around 1/2 (if needed).
Depending on the amount of fuel needed, the RR process will take more or less. You will be notified on chat of the time to wait.

The Lotfe 7 assistant is available on the utils menu button on the damage status screen.

Enjoy,
The ATAG Team

Doc
Oct-28-2012, 11:47
Amazing :thumbsup:

Muffin
Oct-28-2012, 12:13
Hooray!!!!

ATAG_Colander
Oct-28-2012, 12:15
Note: is only 2 R's as in "no Repair" :)

Please post any issues found in this thread.

RAF74_Buzzsaw
Oct-29-2012, 02:35
All,

The Rearm and Refuel (RR) is now on the server and will be available after the current mission rotates. Entering "<rr" in chat will initiate rearm and refuel your plane.
Your plane MUST:
1.- Have at least 1 bullet left on each gun. Firing all bullets jams the machine guns and the ground crew will have to dismount them.
2.- Have at least one drop of fuel left. Emptying the tanks completely would require the maintenance crew to clean the fuel lines.
3.- Have the canopy open. Safety requirement in case an emergency occurs.
4.- Have magnetos off. To avoid unintentional power on while in-service.
5.- Be fully stopped.

Warning: Attempting to power on the engine of fire the guns while servicing will cause serious damage to your plane. Please wait patiently.

To emulate time to refuel, a bit better and not extend too much the wait time, refuel will only fill the tanks to around 1/2 (if needed).
Depending on the amount of fuel needed, the RR process will take more or less. You will be notified on chat of the time to wait.

The Lotfe 7 assistant is available on the utils menu button on the damage status screen.

Enjoy,
The ATAG Team

Very interesting development... ;)

Do you need to land at the same airfield as you took off from? And does the airfield have to be able to spawn the same type of aircraft?

Thanks

ATAG_Colander
Oct-29-2012, 10:51
Any friendly airfield would do.

ATAG_Ribbs
Oct-29-2012, 21:16
Amazing!.. It just keeps getting better! S!

9./JG52 Jamz Dackel
Oct-30-2012, 05:09
Good work..though have a couple of questions:

I doubt the 109 will have any cannon left so do they not get rearmed through damaged guns?

Also
I'm right in thinking that whatever state of fuel you will get half a tank added of applicable? So half tank when land, I'll be refueled to a full tank?

Cheers

ATAG_Colander
Oct-30-2012, 10:31
You must to have at least 1 bullet left on each gun, otherwise it will not RR.
The above also applies to fuel. You can not glide back to base and expect to rearm.

I think this adds a nice level of complexity to the dogfights. Keep an eye on your ammo qtty's and be prepared to disengage when low on ammo :D

As for the fuel question, no, if you have more than 1/2 tank, it will not refuel but the rearm will be faster as no fuel is needed.
I did not want to go full tank as many people prefers a lighter plane. Maybe I can add an option in the future, something like "<rr 100%" or "<rr 50%".

Basically, rearm takes a constant amount of time and refuel adds to the time, more or less like this formula:
Time to refuel = (1/2 tank - Litters left ) x N seconds per litter
Total wait time = the biggest of time to rearm and Time to refuel

ATAG_Snapper
Oct-30-2012, 11:19
Worked great for Cujo and me the other night. We put down in a small airfield near London, we rr'd, and were able to resume our patrol over that part of the map without having to respawn further away. :thumbsup:

ATAG_Colander
Oct-30-2012, 11:52
Thanks Snapper,

You are the first one to report that is actually working :)

ATAG_JTDawg
Oct-30-2012, 12:14
lol i never have any ammo left , but i'm telling everybody about it , :thumbsup: salute an thanks ,

ATAG_Slipstream
Oct-30-2012, 13:22
Incredible work Colander! :salute:

RAF74_Buzzsaw
Oct-30-2012, 13:39
Salute

Thanks for your work again Colander.

I was talking to Slipstream about your work with the files, seems there is a treasure trove of options built into the game but not implemented.

Unfortunate the time and effort to maximize CoD's potential has to come from the community, but maybe this is a good thing.

Perhaps 1C can realize they stand to benefit if they encourage capable and objective people to work on improving the game.

They really need to extend a hand and provide the framework of a initiative which would allow them to tap the human resources available.

Certainly we the community realize the potential value of this type of effort.

Cheers Buzzsaw

ATAG_Snapper
Oct-30-2012, 20:45
The <rr feature works great with the Dunkirk mission. Was able to rearm/refuel my Spitfire 1a (not available on the Continent) at Oye Plage and immediately chased down two Do17's headed inland.

Works a treat! :thumbsup:

No.401_Wolverine
Nov-02-2012, 12:11
Just heard about this now. Great work, ATAG lads. Looking forward to trying it out.

Now get to work on <figgyduff!

Fried
Nov-02-2012, 19:31
Been using <rr since announced and it has been working well and is a great feature, the only problem I have had was tonight, went up with low fuel and was about to run out so I landed at Lympne and did the <rr, was looking out front when I heard a crash, looked round and the tanker driver had only chopped the end of my wing off, I demand that driver is repremanded because I had to go and get another Spit which meant a long drive back to Manston :grrr:

ATAG_Colander
Nov-02-2012, 22:44
Heheheehe just happened to me too.
I guess the truck has to be moved 1 notch further.

=vit_unit=
Nov-04-2012, 05:19
Hi, and thx for this option available.
But I had some problem with that. Once I landed for rearming and refueling I did everything required. I had truck near my plane... Also there was server message that I had 2,5 mins to rearm and refuel. But suddenly my plane disappeared as it happens usually after landing. My friend did the same and had the same thing with disappearing.
Maybe some old missions have the script that 'clears' all planes landed.

Do you have the solution of this problem?

ATAG_Colander
Nov-04-2012, 09:31
Vit,

We (7 planes) did several RRs in a row last night and didn't have the problem.

Can you detail what would be the steps to replicate it? I mean, what did you do while on RR?

Catseye
Nov-04-2012, 10:43
Hi, and thx for this option available.
But I had some problem with that. Once I landed for rearming and refueling I did everything required. I had truck near my plane... Also there was server message that I had 2,5 mins to rearm and refuel. But suddenly my plane disappeared as it happens usually after landing. My friend did the same and had the same thing with disappearing.
Maybe some old missions have the script that 'clears' all planes landed.

Do you have the solution of this problem?

One of my squad mates was starting to take off and suddenly all temp gauges went to cold settings and the engine stopped until he could get everything warmed up again. He had just completed a test RR procedure had started up and was taxiing out when it happened.

ATAG_Colander
Nov-04-2012, 10:57
One of my squad mates was starting to take off and suddenly all temp gauges went to cold settings and the engine stopped until he could get everything warmed up again. He had just completed a test RR procedure had started up and was taxiing out when it happened.

Hi Cats,

This is a known issue and not sure if it can be corrected.

Sorry, there's only so much that a mortal can do :D

=vit_unit=
Nov-04-2012, 13:51
Vit,

We (7 planes) did several RRs in a row last night and didn't have the problem.

Can you detail what would be the steps to replicate it? I mean, what did you do while on RR?

Landed, stopped, open hatch, magneto off... typed <rr. I saw a truck near me. Then my plane was disappeared.
Also fuel cock was closed. Fuel - 20 %, Guns - 50%. I landed on Pian where I took off.
But today I have told to my friends in TS about this new option and they tried to do this as I said. And they did it, rearmed and refueled.
I don't know what I did wrong before.
Also I tried to rr Stuka. It doesn't work on bombers. It says something about "guns are empty or jammed".

Anyway my friends really appreciate that, you ATAG guys did well :thumbsup:
It is one step closer to real battle where you have only one life and one plane or limited amount of it.
Hoping to see a repairing option in the future. So it will be a motivation to get back home after fights.

And one more question:
I create the plane, take off, fight, land, RR then take off again...
Is it counted as another flight after RR's in the stat?

ATAG_Colander
Nov-04-2012, 14:38
Vit,

Sadly, I don't think repair will be an option in the future. I see this as an incentive to avoid getting shot :D

No, when you RR you are in the same plane so the stats accumulate.

=vit_unit=
Nov-04-2012, 15:04
Vit,

Sadly, I don't think repair will be an option in the future. I see this as an incentive to avoid getting shot :D

No, when you RR you are in the same plane so the stats accumulate.

Repairing in the field condition depends on what damages you have. I know it is complex. Just thoughts.
What if you have only slight damage of, for example, guns or anything that can be fixed on the field in some amount of time. It is another deal if you have big holes on fuselage and wings or your engine completely dead. So the plane is on retirement only. And of course the main condition is returning to home base.
About score:
For example, on repka server if you shot at enemy and he returns to home base, you will not get a kill. But if he landed somewhere out of base you would get a score.

ATAG_Colander
Nov-04-2012, 19:37
FYI the RR truck will no longer hit your plane.
If anyone finds otherwise, please report it here.

ATAG_Snapper
Nov-04-2012, 20:05
FYI the RR truck will no longer hit your plane.
If anyone finds otherwise, please report it here.

:party2::party2::party2::party2:

Good stuff. Thanks, Colander! :thumbsup:

Chair1
Nov-05-2012, 07:51
as Tony the tiger would say "GRRRREEEEEAATT" . Now if I can only live long enough to enjoy this new development. Thanks Calender

:grandpa

Bluesman
Nov-05-2012, 10:29
GREAT Job!!!!

That's one great function we had in 1946/UP.
Ty so much for recreating this! We are waiting for repair too :)

PS: Would be great if we could refuel 80-100%, I think 50% too low...

=AN=Bluesman

Doc
Nov-05-2012, 14:12
Realistically some repairs would mean leaving the plane behind for a lot longer than the average player would wait. :thumbsup:

Catseye
Nov-05-2012, 17:51
Hi Cats,

This is a known issue and not sure if it can be corrected.

Sorry, there's only so much that a mortal can do :D

Thanks Colander,
I'll pass it on to him. Just an observation not knowing if it is an issue or not.

For a mere mortal you do very, very well indeed! :)

Cheers,

stemar
Mar-11-2013, 06:25
Great Job!

Respect!!!

I have try it out last night - amazing!!!!

It works just fine for me!

But i would like to ask you, is it a big deal to add rearm possibility for bombs on JaBo fighters such a E3/4! I have take off with E4 last night and after i land and follow all instructions for RR, i've got my ammo (machine gun and cannos) rearmed, my tank refuled, but no new bombs rearmed! Or i need to land on a specific airfield?

BR
stemar

III./ZG76_Keller
Mar-11-2013, 12:43
At this point bombs can't be rearmed; hopefully someday.

ChiefRedCloud
Mar-11-2013, 13:28
So does this work with Blennies? If so is there any differances? I read where Stukas had an issue with this?

ATAG_Colander
Mar-11-2013, 15:13
Once TF releases the mod, this (and other) ATAG utilities will not work and will need to re-written anyway.
We might look into it then.

stemar
Mar-12-2013, 01:18
At this point bombs can't be rearmed; hopefully someday.

One day is better them never! :)

Thank you for the replay

9./JG52 Hans Gruber
Mar-12-2013, 06:28
Once TF releases the mod, this (and other) ATAG utilities will not work and will need to re-written anyway.
We might look into it then.

Can you elaborate? Will all scripts no longer work?

ATAG_Colander
Mar-12-2013, 10:19
Can you elaborate? Will all scripts no longer work?

ATAG utilities like R&R and the post flight damages window.
Normal scripts will work as usual.

ATAG_Snapper
Mar-12-2013, 10:23
@Colander- Any idea if our current trks will work with the new TF patch?

ATAG_Colander
Mar-12-2013, 10:25
@Colander- Any idea if our current trks will work with the new TF patch?

they should

Chivas
Sep-04-2013, 17:00
Any news on RR with the upcoming patch?

I'm not exactly sure what the following statement meant.

"ATAG utilities like R&R and the post flight damages window.
Normal scripts will work as usual."

I think it meant RR won't work with the next patch, but normal scripts will??

stemar
Sep-05-2013, 07:31
You must to have at least 1 bullet left on each gun, otherwise it will not RR.
The above also applies to fuel. You can not glide back to base and expect to rearm.

I think this adds a nice level of complexity to the dogfights. Keep an eye on your ammo qtty's and be prepared to disengage when low on ammo :D

As for the fuel question, no, if you have more than 1/2 tank, it will not refuel but the rearm will be faster as no fuel is needed.
I did not want to go full tank as many people prefers a lighter plane. Maybe I can add an option in the future, something like "<rr 100%" or "<rr 50%".

Basically, rearm takes a constant amount of time and refuel adds to the time, more or less like this formula:
Time to refuel = (1/2 tank - Litters left ) x N seconds per litter
Total wait time = the biggest of time to rearm and Time to refuel

+1000