PDA

View Full Version : Thrustmaster

Kip Chiakopf
Oct-22-2016, 21:33
My Thrustmaster is driving me crazy. I can't figure out proper sensitivity or dead space settings. It seems to be hypersensitive and almost impossible to draw a bead on an enemy airplane.

Any suggestions as to good settings?

ATAG_((dB))
Oct-23-2016, 01:07
I have none on mine, no curve no deadzone.

SIA_Sp00k
Oct-23-2016, 03:53
Not to sound........ "picky," but,

1. what kind of Thrustmaster. Model or Title?
2. Using Software with it or mapping keys via direct X means?
3. What is the software?
4. Software using a profile?
5. Your profile or someone else's
6. Are you using the in game Axis curves etc?
7. Windows version?
8. What year was Tuppleware made microwave safe?

ATAG_Dave
Oct-23-2016, 08:35
My Thrustmaster is driving me crazy. I can't figure out proper sensitivity or dead space settings. It seems to be hypersensitive and almost impossible to draw a bead on an enemy airplane.

Any suggestions as to good settings?

Have a look at the axis sensitivity settings in in the controls section in-game. They are a bit counter intuitive. ...

Essentially they are sliders that move between 0.00 and 1.00. the higher the value you set the less 'sensitive' your stick will feel (they are actually non linearity settings though labelled as sensitivity for some reason).

As a rough starting point try 0.75 for your pitch axis and 0.5 for roll axis and 0.75 for your yaw axis. You can play around with them from there but that should give you a baseline which will be relatively benign to start from.

:salute:

Kip Chiakopf
Oct-23-2016, 14:22
Have a look at the axis sensitivity settings in in the controls section in-game. They are a bit counter intuitive. ...

Essentially they are sliders that move between 0.00 and 1.00. the higher the value you set the less 'sensitive' your stick will feel (they are actually non linearity settings though labelled as sensitivity for some reason).

As a rough starting point try 0.75 for your pitch axis and 0.5 for roll axis and 0.75 for your yaw axis. You can play around with them from there but that should give you a baseline which will be relatively benign to start from.

What about deadzone settings?

ATAG_Dave
Oct-23-2016, 16:29
What about deadzone settings?

you will find these in the same place - axis controls. set them to your preference

Kip Chiakopf
Oct-24-2016, 21:42

Thanks! Those settings make a big difference.