PDA

View Full Version : Kicked from server - Lost communication with host

TX-Gunslinger
Oct-29-2012, 21:12
Hi Folks,

Wondering if any of you have the same experience as I. While I have a 60 to 90 ping to the ATAG server and can connect with ease, I get kicked on a pretty regular basis. Occasionally I stay connected for 45 minutes, but often I get about mid-way through a patrol of the channel and get kicked.

I've tried with track recording off and on. It happens more when trying to record a track (track recording on my system is to SSD) than not.

I have a pretty robust internet connection, and system - so I'm a bit puzzled.

Is this normal?

Any ideas on what I might do to reduce the kicks on my end?

Thanks in advance for any help and mostly for all the time, effort and money you all put into the community with your missions, server and other contributions.

S!

Gunny

ATAG_Bliss
Oct-29-2012, 21:20
Hi Folks,

Wondering if any of you have the same experience as I. While I have a 60 to 90 ping to the ATAG server and can connect with ease, I get kicked on a pretty regular basis. Occasionally I stay connected for 45 minutes, but often I get about mid-way through a patrol of the channel and get kicked.

I've tried with track recording off and on. It happens more when trying to record a track (track recording on my system is to SSD) than not.

I have a pretty robust internet connection, and system - so I'm a bit puzzled.

Is this normal?

Any ideas on what I might do to reduce the kicks on my end?

Thanks in advance for any help and mostly for all the time, effort and money you all put into the community with your missions, server and other contributions.

S!

Gunny

Hey Gunny!

It's definitely one of the problems of recording a track. That bug has been around forever (like many others :D) The best thing I can suggest is not recording at all or use FRAPS etc.. The server does restart at the end of missions (which I'm sure you are aware) which would also give you a timeout error after a certain period of time. The other thing is steam sometimes loses it's auth to the server which will produce the same thing as a server restart producing another timeout. But all of the stuff I mentioned, besides mission rotations, is very rare. The only thing I can suggest is to not attempt to record a track and see how it works out. If you're still getting disconnected on a regular basis maybe it's something we can try to locate the why with regards to the server.

TX-Gunslinger
Oct-29-2012, 23:10
Thanks Bliss!

Very helpful to know about the tracks AND that the server doesn't restart. Flying is so incredibly smooth on the ATAG server that it never made sense to me that anything was amiss there.

Fraps suggestion is particularly practical as I've a few extra cores laying around :)

See you in the air,

S!

MadTommy
Oct-30-2012, 07:46
Regarding disconnects, i'd turn off Steam community crap & overlays etc that can interfere/butt into the game. Unless you really need it i'd turn all that off for CloD. Has been know to cause disconnects.