PDA

View Full Version : take off in MB

dog1
Nov-18-2016, 23:54
hello,
tutorial says place WP to take off and landing which i did , i added option parked , idle , parachute but still aircraft is in the air at start up . i then added a second squadron with 2 flights as take off with plotted flight path and i added myself as a third squadron again with take off , i found myself in the air and the other 2 flights did take off from base , what am i doing wrong ?
cheers

1lokos
Nov-19-2016, 10:12
Select the first waypoing (the minimum waypoints you need use is two) select properties tab,
and in drop down menu "Actions" set that is "Take off", altitude 0, sped 0.

http://i44.tinypic.com/nd8rw8.jpg

If you don't do this the game will assume that plane are in the air.

dog1
Nov-19-2016, 11:22
thank you for tutorial , working fine now.
regards

dog1
Nov-19-2016, 20:01
it worked 2 times then it went back to appearing in the air .i tried 10 times this morning and all appear in the air.i attach images of set up.25423

dog1
Nov-19-2016, 20:01
cont take off25424

1lokos
Nov-19-2016, 20:23
Your images is too small to see any details.

But you need post with "Waypoint" tab highlight, not "Group Properties".

dog1
Nov-19-2016, 20:24
attached25425

dog1
Nov-19-2016, 20:25
cont25426

dog1
Nov-19-2016, 20:30
cont 125427

dog1
Nov-19-2016, 20:34
hi
i just posted bigger images of the usual 3 steps before take off.the images are not in sequence.

♣_Spiritus_♣
Nov-19-2016, 21:35
Might be a "its CloD" moment and one of her lovely quirks, but I'd say move your waypoints farther away from one another, until waypoint 1 changes from 1200 to 1201, or at least make them straight from your takeoff point on the runway, like in 1lokos photo. Your waypoints 1 and 2 are WAY too close to your initial waypoint IMO. It would be impossible to fly those waypoints anyways.

dog1
Nov-20-2016, 01:03
by setting up a realistic 4 waypoint flight plot with take off and landing the aircraft appears parked. i tried it 3 times and its on the ground each time . i came back after lunch and tried a different plot with take off and landing 2 waypoints 500mt 300km speed and this time i,m in the air again,i tried again 3 times directly on the runway as well as parked next to hangar with 4 waypoints but aircraft appears in the air again . i then modified the mission again and it appeared parked . i exited and replayed exactly same mission and i'm in the air again. Is it possible and i am just guessing here that the fact that the map is not appearing correctly is causing this ? in another thread in MB i state that all icons names etc do not appear on my map. Is it worth considering rolling back a couple off drivers ? there is available from Nvidia down to 350.

1lokos
Nov-20-2016, 08:28
You are launching the mission (Fly the mission) in FMB or are saving the mission as Single Mission and the start the fly?

If is the first case, maybe forgetting save changes. :D

dog1
Nov-20-2016, 11:12
i've already saved a 1000 times the same take off test mission in the last 24 hrs and still if lucky 10 % will appear grounded and 90% of the times in the air . In IL2 this has never happened to me . Do we have the taxi to take off here as well ? I dont see it. I am thinking seriously off looking for an older driver still just to see what happens. 368.81 solved many issues maybe i need to go back further. I will keep trying until i think its time to give up, if i cant get a game to at least take off or see the details on a map then how many other problems i will have later when really into it . I HAVE IL2 moded copies and never has these issues including the map flooding etc , however taxi to take off is not stable in IL2 in saved games .
i live in the far east , almost midnight here . Will continue tomorrow . thanks support much appreciated .

1lokos
Nov-20-2016, 11:24
I don't think that video card driver will have relation with missions logig, but CloD "It's CLoD" and can solve the 'flooding".

Well, seems you meed another CloD "gremlins". :D

IMO - Don't worth make taxi in CloD, their grounding handling is very poor, not even on par with IL-2:46, it's an unpleasant experience. :ind:

Good luck in your trials. :thumbsup:

dog1
Nov-21-2016, 05:21
i'm going to reinstall tomorrow and see if this time the map appears correctly,nothing in your first airfield image you posted above appears ,spawn points etc .... I did try different resolutions but no show. I am following youtube tutorials which are very interesting and i noted they say "sometimes it doesnt work" ?! My IL2 moded games work well in windows 10 and 7 , i have a partition .

dog1
Nov-24-2016, 21:47
COD is not available for download from steam online , what is the reaon ? they just say add to wish list . If i purchase a new cd from ebay or amazon do i add the key number details to STEAM added to my existing account off prior purchases ,i have a game from 2009 registered which i bought in a shop and registered it at steam at the time ,my account is updated . Will the patches work this time by just opening the background off my account as per video tutorial here ? finally i must play with windows xp service pack 3 or i can play with windows ultimate 64 bit ? i have both.
regards