PDA

View Full Version : Cliffs of Dover

keesu
Nov-21-2016, 08:16
Hi, when i try to start this program ( from steam ) , it cannot install microsoft vc redist . It starts to install then nothing . Am i right in saying it's c++ 2010, if so this cannot be uninstalled. It say a newer version is installed on my computer. I have uninstalled all up to 2010, still nothing. Any help would be appreciated . Thanks.

♣_Spiritus_♣
Nov-21-2016, 13:42
Try here for starters.

http://theairtacticalassaultgroup.com/forum/showthread.php?t=4123&highlight=redist

1lokos
Nov-21-2016, 15:21
Well, I never have problem installing CloD or their MOD's.

But last week I decide do a new installation via STEAM in Windows 10/64 "Aniversary" for show to a friendly CloD "vanila" without TF patches.

And the thing stuck in the same way trying install VCRedist++2010 endless times without success.

VCRedist is already installed, CloD+TF and BoS use then and both work there, but STEAM insist in install and that CloD copy don't start... :doh:

Notice too that CloDer.exe refuse to work in this Windows (10/64 "Aniversary") - get a error "Failed to inject the hook in...".

BTW - Install TF Patches over this STEAM "unfinished" install work 100%. :thumbsup:
Aftter install, STEAM try again install VCREdist... but the game now work OK= TF 4.312

Latter I try revert that copy for "vanilla" through STEAM check files, for the planed purpose.

Rojaws
Sep-17-2017, 00:08
Hi, when i try to start this program ( from steam ) , it cannot install microsoft vc redist . It starts to install then nothing . Am i right in saying it's c++ 2010, if so this cannot be uninstalled. It say a newer version is installed on my computer. I have uninstalled all up to 2010, still nothing. Any help would be appreciated . Thanks.

I just got the game off Steam yesterday night. Spent the whole night trying to get it to work to no avail.
Tried:
Disabling the VC executable.
Run as Administrateor.

Now trying to run it using cloder.exe.
Wish me luck.

♣_Spiritus_♣
Sep-17-2017, 00:36
Are you patched up via steam to 4.312? Steam library, CloD, right click, uncheck sync via cloud, then go to beta tab and opt into the teamfusion beta.

Erpr.Gr.210_Mölders
Sep-17-2017, 00:36
I just got the game off Steam yesterday night. Spent the whole night trying to get it to work to no avail.
Tried:
Disabling the VC executable.
Run as Administrateor.

Now trying to run it using cloder.exe.
Wish me luck.

Read the post of 1lokos first!!!!

LINK: https://theairtacticalassaultgroup.com/forum/showthread.php?t=23769&p=247288&viewfull=1#post247288